[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
APOLOGIZE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Warlords-of-Draenor.jpg (166 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Warlords-of-Draenor.jpg
166 KB, 480x680
APOLOGIZE
>>
I'm sorry I wasted time trying to like this expansion
>>
>>340208296
60 damn dollars my dumb ass will never get back
>>
>>340208296
I'm sorry I didn't think it would be as shit as it ended up being
>>
>>340208296
Im sorry i didnt kill you before it came out. im sorry you actually had to see this shit come to fruition
>>
>>340208296
sorry i believed cata was the absolute worst this game could ever be
>>
>>340208296
Sorry I fell for the hype.
>>
Sorry we dont have that kind of time
>>
I know pvp is considered minigames here, but as someone who has had success in rated 3s and rbgs in WoW past, WoD was such a shitshow that it's hard to take anything they say seriously anymore.
Months of them ignoring pvp feedback during warlords beta, over a year of ignoring clear issues after launch, doubling down on ashran instead of calling it a wipe.
WoD had/has the lowest amount of rated players participating in any xpac. That includes tbc. That alone should should be something that would get attention but Legion beta so far is shaping up quite similar - absolutely 0% attention paid to pvp issues and zero communication.

Either they are preparing for an eventual console launch or someone high up lost a bet - i have no idea why they are butchering their game and letting it die slowly. Legion will give them a brief sub bump that will fizzle out and they're going to be forced to shit out vanilla servers, likely announced at blizzcon.
Largest WoW dev team.
Least amount of content.
Longest content droughts.
Notorious rbg cheaters get away with it for literally years, but they rename some boat in a quest overnight due to some perceived backlash from SJWs.
Old Blizzard is long dead and anyone stupid like me that gives them money anymore should kill themselves.
>>
Not sure how I fell for this one, but Legion is looking really good!
>>
I'm sorry i quit after 2 months to play nostalrius again
>>
>>340209847
PvP is and always will be shit. It was meant to be a time wasting side game to do with your awesome new gear.
The nerfs that came out of it ruined specs for entire expansions. Fuck pvp.
>>
>>340209847
The only people who consider pvp "Minigames" are people who are bad at it

Just the fact that this part of the game is mocked shows the issues with this game

This mindset of "only Raiding is important, FUCK everything else" is what hurt this game the most

Legion will be the literal last chance for this game, WoW will either rise up from the Ashes or go down in flames
>>
>>340210202
>pvp a side game
>Game about horde vs alliance

Sounds to me like pve is the side game there retard
>>
>>340210463
>remove pvp entirely
>game is still about horde vs alliance
>>
That was a seriously terrible expansion. I'm so sorry my past self thought it might be good. They kept hyping this "new BC" world and it ended up being relatively unrecognizable, locked off parts for months only to be revealed as daily city.

I'm really ashamed I gave Blizzard all that money.

Was so hyped to gank as a rogue again like I did in bc/vanilla but nobody told me how weak rogues have become. It's not even that they're really weak, it's just that every other class is on the rogue level of spammy skills.
>>
>>340210597
Makes 0 sense at all

we would even be able to kill players from the horde faction idiot

they could easily remove raids and put the story into questing or dungeons but they can't remove pvp
>>
>>340210202
PVE is and always will be shit. It was meant to be a time wasting side activity to level your character and collect gear while waiting to attack the enemy fags out in the world.
The nerfs that came from pve ruined specs in arena for entire expansions. Fuck pve.
>>
I have a 60 hunter that I kinda want to level 100 so I could play ashran with him.. but the process of me leveling him from 60 to 100 will probably make me quit this game now, I feel it's not worth it when I can enjoy instant pvp in fps games like OW, without the leveling process.
>>
>>340210597
>pvp is good most of the time everyone plays
>wod pvp is complete dog shit everyone leaves

Woah coincidence, i think not
>>
File: 1437197653601.jpg (478 KB, 957x1075) Image search: [Google]
1437197653601.jpg
478 KB, 957x1075
>>340210610
The main problem with WoD was that we LITERALLY got half of an expansion

WoD had more content cut than any other expansion in this game

WoD also had only one real patch and another 12 month content drought that Blizz said "we pinky swear promise will not happen again"

Blizzard went into this expansion with the mindset that it had since the end of WOTLK with "lol u nerds will buy it and play it anyway, stop whining :^)"

Well I'm glad it's finally come back to bite them in the fucking ass
>>
File: 1361831964128.png (2 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1361831964128.png
2 KB, 295x295
>>340210990
>so I could play ashran with him
>>
>>340209847
The lead designers are absolute hacks, that's pretty much it. Their ideas are awful and they suck at wrangling the mass they've been put in charge of, it's just a complete shitshow since the remainder of the classic team left culminating with Rob Pardo's departure.

They've screwed the game beyond measure now, which is why I say for the game to truly move forward it needs to be rebooted without that scum leading it. Just hit the reset button.
>>
>>340210302
To be fair, the raiding in WoD was great. However not great enough to keep fucking doing the same goddamn thing for over a year. AGAIN.
Additionally, such a low percentage of players even do mythic content. It's ridiculous how much of an emphasis (and dev time/money) is put on high end raiding compared to everything else.
>>
>>340210302
>The only people who consider pvp "Minigames" are people who are bad at it
It could also be that they see the game is 90% PvE content.
>>
>>340210990
Ashran is complete dogshit.
It's good as a loot vendor now but that's all it's good for. Literally no point to fagging through it this late in the xpac, unless you dearly want the 700 gear asap so you can raid and pick up better gear.
Even if you did, pugging at this point is just as dogshit as Ashran.
Honestly the 60-100 slog would be more fun than anything you'd be doing at 100.
>>
>>340211285
That's the point

MoP despite the fact that it had TONS of issues, at least had a nice variety of stuff you could do outside of raiding, hell, even the pet battles were a nice addition with the celestial tournament

I've had so much fun farming Bloody coins on the Timeless Isle and making people cry

Which is why it fucking pissed me off when this great idea was removed in Tanaan
>>
I met a really cool raiding guild that Suprisingly still raids today and haven't kicked me yet even though I've been offline for 4 months
>>
>>340212045
It's actually pretty normal for people to take long breaks when the xpac is in its content drought (like now) and waiting for the new one. That's rad that you found a guild that isn't super autistic about that kind of shit. Normally even the chillest guild has the one officer who goes on a kicking spree.
A cool group to play with trumps everything else - even if Legion turns out to be hot garbage you'll probably have a good time if you come back for it.
>>
>>340211285
The raiding was very good, but it's totally ruined by LFR. I know we beat this subject to death here, and I'm not really replying to you particularly anymore; just a rant:

LFR is the cancer of WoW and it's ruined raiding for a lot of players. The fact is that you had some bragging rights back in the previous expansions for finishing dungeons and getting top level loot. The whole "less than 1% of players entered naxxramas" meme doesn't mean more should see it. This was a goal for players to achieve. It was faith that Blizzard had in it's player base to see a new, interesting set piece instance by being the top 1% of players. I "wield the badge of honor" of being one of those who at least entered Naxx40 back in it's day and it feels really fucking good to know the rest of the shitty casuals haven't stepped foot into shit I've danced in. That's a goal worth having WAY beyond purple items.

It was the same in Burning Crusade. Beating Kael meant you and your guild were special. Getting into BT and walking around with that gear in Shat felt good. Everyone was inspecting you! Isn't that the true goal of every WoW player?

But sadly since wrath, and even the end of BC--welfare items were the norm. They really fucked up by making the pvp arena sets look the same as the pvp gear. They realized their mistake in Wrath, but it was too late. Gear was too easy. The game was too easy. It wasn't worth playing. Nothing was worth grinding for.

Now you can go to LFR and get a set of epics, beat the bosses you'd have never probably seen without actually talking to people and making friends. Proving yourselves to them. Showing your worth.

Now you walk in and get free purples every week! BUT THEY'RE MEANINGLESS!

LFR should give green gear.
>>
>>340208296
It wasn't that bad. Personally I think Cata and BC were worse.
>>
>>340208296
I'm sorry for even thinking that expansion might be fun.
>>
>>340212448
Walking around in the main city and everyone will inspect you will never happen again, even if LFR is deleted.

People has become too good at wow.
>wow is easy now!!
Probably, but you still need to know tactics and how to maximize your dps in order to win the raids
>>
Transmogs ruined this game.

you cannot refute this without admitting you're a faggot playing dress up with items you never earned

Do you see how many people whine about not being able to transmog the old grand marshall / high warlord sets?

Because that gear was a sign of respect.

Tier 3 was a sign of respect.

So was 6.

The fact that you can solo old bosses that used to take 40 people is absolutely retarded. The fact that you can solo any of these bosses totally diminishes the experience. You have no idea what it was like coordinating 24 other people to get the gear you want. The developers are terrible planners and the scale of damage is just massive. They have no idea how to expand a game and basically just cater to "DEY WANT DEM BIG NUMBAS BOSS".
>>
>>340212448
I agree with all of this.
I played the shit out of vanilla and there was one guild that actually raided naxx on our server - tho they didn't finish it, falling apart a littlle bit before the tbc prepatch.
But instead of thinking "hey i should be able to do a tourist version of naxx" i thought "whoa those guys are buff, their gear is sick". I was 100% okay with not being at the cutting edge of server progression and it was cool having people to be out there as a goal to beat or keep up with. Like you said, something to aspire to.

Now it doesn't mean shit. Mythic is pretty neat but no one CARES about the competition outside of world firsts or server firsts (barely, as servers dont mean a lot anymore).
It just shouldn't be that way. It can't be an end-game focused raiding game and have raids literally not fucking matter.

Not to harp too much on past WoW vs modern WoW, but currently the game rewards and supports bad players. You can do a search through the bnet forums to find pages and pages of people complaining about not being able to defeat silver proving grounds.
Games just aren't fun if "everyone wins". An mmo shouldn't be like a universities safespace, an mmo shouldn't be a helicopter mom. I'm totallly okay with losing (I'm fucking used to it) but I'm 100% not ok with "winning" when it's meaningless.
>>
>>340213192

i love seeing triggered oldfags like you
>>
>>340211158
Where's Farahlon!? I always liked Netherstorm.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.