[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which rpg on the 3ds has the best story and which is the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: sdfasfasd.jpg (81 KB, 878x527) Image search: [Google]
sdfasfasd.jpg
81 KB, 878x527
Which rpg on the 3ds has the best story and which is the most difficult? I'm about to buy Bravely Default. What can I expect?
>>
SMT4
/thread
>>
It's a fun rpg, a lot of people say the latter chapters suck but I never had a problem with them. Some classes are useless. Have fun
>>
>>340189619
IV is easy as shit, the difficulty curve is completely fucked and the story is okay. The setting and world building are pretty great though.
>>
A fun game that actually gets pretty dark.
>>
>>340189747
>I'm just going to relay what /v/ told me about this game

Fuck off, anon
>>
>>340189747
>he bought EXP boost DLC
>>
>>340189794
I played the game you retarded manchild. How am I wrong?
>>340189839
I didn't.
>>
>>340189858
>I played the game you retarded manchild. How am I wrong?
Elaborate on all your points.
>>
>>340189147
Why are Japanese males such cucks
>>
>>340189910
They are Chinese though
I don't know why chinks love 2hu so much
>>
File: 1444403409912.jpg (139 KB, 755x597) Image search: [Google]
1444403409912.jpg
139 KB, 755x597
>>340189910
the two on the lefts are dude too you know.
>>
3DS is pretty difficult on hard mode, in some cases even difficult on normal. It also has a pretty good story, with a fuckhuge twist at the end. Just don't let /v/ spoil it for you.

Characters are very endearing as well, even the villains.
>>
>>340189147
>What can I expect?
It's quite easy to go through BD because you can actually speed up the game so grinding is almost an automatic task, because of this I found it quite engaging, I kind of hate when a jrpg makes me grind or doesn't allows me to progress quickly through a level.

That said, the story has a twist which some people like and others hate. I found it quite genius and it totally makes the game better, moving it away from the generic standard jrpg.
>>
>>340190163

Sorry, meant to say Bravely Default is pretty difficult on hard mode
>>
>>340189898
Naraku is really tough but once you reach Tokyo the game difficulty just takes a nosedive, there are some places like Shinjuku that have some bullshit demons with Blight that kill you in one turn but aside from that is really easy, especially if you're going full MAG build. It doesn't help that Smirk is a thing that completely trivializes bosses or just fucks you right in the ass because lol RNG.
I'm not gonna go into detail into the story because I don't even remember much of it but there were some really cool scenes like reaching Tokyo or Blasted and Infernal Tokyo.
>>
>>340190030
They are actually huge weebs
>>
>>340189147
>buy
>>
I'm replaying Bravely Default again myself, anyone want to add me on their friend's list? I know everyone's into Bravely Second now but it would be nice to have some friends in this game.
>>
>>340190306
Explain how the difficulty takes a nosedive when the mobs become stronger and the bosses become more intriquite
>>
Is it true that every character in Bravely Default has its own voice and you can change that into japanese?
>>
>>340190454
Hit me up with your NNID my man
>>
>>340190649

Alright bro, my NNID is Reguzeeb. What's yours? I really need to send a more powerful attack. I'll do that soon.
>>
>>340190736

Wait no, it's Regulus. Reguzeeb was the old one from my lost 3DS
>>
>>340190557
It's a mix between gaining enough levels to not be a complete glass cannon that dies in one hit from everything and Minotaur and Medusa being bullshit.
>bosses become more intriquite
They really don't. The only semi-difficult boss I remember around that time is Ose but that's mainly because he doesn't have any weaknesses. You can also buy apps that restore your HP/MP, there are no long, complex dungeons, and you can save wherever you want.
>>
>>340191018
>there are no long, complex dungeons
Tokyo's areas itself are the dungeons. They're just not in faceless corridors this time.
>>
>>340190228

I thought the twist was quite clever, and really added to the story as a whole. As for difficulty, in my experience it ebbs and flows. Some bosses and dungeons are extremely easy, others are insanely difficult.
>>
>>340191243
The Tokyo overworld is the only dungeon in the game and they simplified it in IV Final because casuals complained about it. Oh well.
>>
>>340191254

Do the dungeons have difficult puzzles like in Zelda or are they just filled with mobs?
>>
>>340191652

There are some maze-like dungeons, but that's about it. They're more like classic Final Fantasy dungeons. Nothing like you'd see in Lufia or Zelda.
>>
>>340191370
I thought that was because it was fucking impossible to navigate if you don't have a real life map of tokyo
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.