[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Cities Skylines worth 10 dollars? How much replay value does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: cities skylines.jpg (47 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
cities skylines.jpg
47 KB, 460x215
Is Cities Skylines worth 10 dollars? How much replay value does it have, will i get bored after building 1 city?
>>
>>340180469
>Is Cities Skylines worth 10 dollars?
Yes
>How much replay value does it have
Its a city builder, it depends on how creative/autistic you are. There's lots of mods too
>will i get bored after building 1 city?
Unless you don't like the genre, no.
>>
File: Middle finger Yeltsin.jpg (43 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Middle finger Yeltsin.jpg
43 KB, 700x525
>>340180469
>Zone and grow a whole new district from scratch, taking like an hour
>Want to save
>Forget that quicksave/load are F1-F4 for whatever retarded reason
>Autosave is off by default
>Accidentally quickload

On an unrelated note, it's very much worth it if you like city builders. Replay value depends on your personal enjoyment, it's got enough stuff to build and zone.
>>
File: Cities Skylines.webm (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cities Skylines.webm
2 MB, 1920x1200
You'll enjoy it much more if you already have SimCity 4 autism.
>>
>>340180839
is it n00b friendly? ive never really played a city builder before.
>>
>>340181138
It has an extensive tutorial first time you start a city. Just remember not to expand too quickly else you'll end up with designated shitting streets.
>>
>>340181138
It has unlimited money and everything unlocked cheats if you don't want the hassle of a budget your first time.
>>
the dlc's make it top comfy
>tfw just perfecting little snowy mountain towns
>>
>>340181138
I only played a few hours on release, but it wasn't hard to get into. IIRC the game gives you tips on what to do.
>>
>>340180469
>$10
Yes, I'd still pay full price for it.
>Replay value
I have 95 hours played. The base game gets a bit shallow/repetitive, but mods from the workshop keep things fresh.
>Bored after 1 city?
I doubt it, just keep playing different maps.
>>
I had fun building one city up to magnasanti levels but I haven't really gone back to the game.

Apart from the monuments and stuff you cant really choose the models for your buildings so my feng shui was always out of balance.

I'm sure that there are some cool mods for it though so maybe i'll go back.
>>
What do you do once you get a functioning city up and running? I had the same problem with Dwarf Fortress, I get bored of the game at that point.
>>
>>340181405
>magnasanti levels
Post pics
>>
>Is Cities Skylines worth 10 dollars
literally an hour at mcdonalds
>>
>>340181024
Can't wait till its on Xbox one
>>
>>340181750
I can spend a fuckload more than ten bux in an hour at McDonalds.
>>
>>340181024
The game is still great, but I just ended up reinstalling SC4 and NAM honestly.
>>
>>340181528
Optimize it to oblivion.
>>
>>340180469
>wasted space of unpavable grass: the game

no thanks I'll stick to modded sc4
>>
>>340182184
He meant it's worth an hour of work as a McDonald's employee you fuck
>>
>>340180469
It's worth 10 bucks, but the whole thing felt pretty sterile to me. It's a lot simpler than the similarly priced SC4 and you either have to choose between the game's awful, rigid progression system or you just start out with a shitton of money and the whole thing is a cakewalk since revenue and budgeting barely matters at all.
>>
>>340180469
>worth $10?
yes
>will i get bored?
depends
>>
what about the expansions, lads? i bought the game when it was on sale for like ~£7 and assume the expansions will go back on sale for summer sale.

are they worth it or is the game fine without + workshop mods?
>>
>>340183774
They're not really worth it, imo. Last time I checked, tourism was worthless and everything else is just focused on expanding the most robust part of the game, transportation simulation.
>>
>>340184470
thanks buddy
>>
I torrent ed it and played it for 30 hours or so.

Liked it a lot, bought it on sale, 0 hours played on steam.

Pretty cool game. No time to get back to it though. I had fun personally.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.