[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Zodiac Job System objectively better than the original?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
I never pondered this until now. Can I still have any character use any weapon, and it just depends on their job, in IZJS?
>>
No, weapons are now locked behind classes. The classes are more specialized (i.e. a black mage does more damage with black magic in IZJS, but can't be every other class at the same time). I liked IZJS MUCH more and I played both.
>>
IZJS is way more balanced, and who gets what espers is important, you also need to level more than just your main 3 characters, even though I still managed Yiazmat and Zodiark with a Machinist/Red Mage/Breaker combo. Vanilla makes your characters too overpowered because they can do everything.

Prefer IZJS
>>
three words:

fast

forward

button
>>
Autismo the game.

You literally cannot finish it without a guide, finding Matamune, the easily miss-able mines key, finding the medalions, just pure horseshit.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Walkthrough:Final_Fantasy_XII_IZJS/Nightravens/Part_30
>>
>>340171512
>Autismo the game
No, only an autist would care about doing and finding absolutely everything in the game. You're an autismo if this is a big problem for you.
>>
I have a playthrough where my sidequest team consists of a machinist, a time mage and a monk. Surprisingly viable.
>>
>>340171694
Go play some QTE movie experience, faggot.
>>
>>340171070

>the game is so boring it needs a button to skip the boring part
>IT'S A MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>340171819
if I could I'd put a fast forward button in every video game
>>
>>340171768
What does that have to do with anything I said?

Fucking autist.
>>
>>340171768
watch that edge brah, you might cut someone
>>
>>340171819
>Lose a fight
>15 minutes long cutscene
Nice, dude.
>>
>>340171935
>Pause
>Skip
>>
That esper in this first mines with that insta death and skelingtons around him kicked by fucking ass.

Toughest fight in the game after Zodiark, since you do meet the cunt around level 20+
>>
>>340169909
post iso pls
>>
>>340169909
Do not play zodiac trash. Especially if you haven't played vanilla before
>>
>>340171768
TRIGGERED
>>
File: 798411648_1800299.gif (191 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
798411648_1800299.gif
191 KB, 250x250
>>340172768
Damn anon, you've totally made a convincing argument. Guess I'll go play the objectively inferior vanilla version then :^)
>>
>>340172768
please explain to me in 200 - 250 words why i don't want to play what seems to be the better version
>>
how is zodiac job system supposed to work? Like FFT classes?
>>
>>340173475
every job gets a unique license board
>>
>>340173815
that's good
>>
>>340171070
>Is the Zodiac Job System objectively better than the original?
Yes
>Can I still have any character use any weapon
No
>and it just depends on their job, in IZJS?
Yes

Rebalanced weapons, chests appear after going one screen away instead of two, l1 toggles double speed, anything can break 9999 damage, summoning and quickenings tae a different resource than MP, motes for almost every status.
Some other things but those are the big ones. It's a great game.
>>
File: FF Tropes.png (264 KB, 2080x1243) Image search: [Google]
FF Tropes.png
264 KB, 2080x1243
>Dude what if we made literally half of the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the second-to-final cutscene
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a compical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>>
>>340174052
>Dude what if we saved a pasta and autistically posted it in every thread for the game
>>
>HD IZJS version with uncompressed audio never
>>
>>340171935
Back in my day this was our punishment. Kids have it too easy these days.
>>
>>340169909
No, the smaller job boards mean you unlock everything too fast and the difficulty becomes a joke unless you go out of the way to gimp yourself.

There are some cool new features, but the so called 'job system' (it's actually a stock standard class system) ain't one.
>>
>>340175629
Oh yeah, and your entire team casting cure 4/bubble/protectga/esunaga isn't a joke.
>>
>>340175945
That is towards very end of the game when you've unlocked a tonne of stuff, genius. In Zodiac the game is your bitch almost as soon as you start using classes because all the powerful stuff is available much sooner.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.