[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will it be socially acceptable to admit that Grand Theft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: quelata.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
quelata.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
When will it be socially acceptable to admit that Grand Theft Auto 5 is a bad game?
>>
>>340162902
never, because it's a great game
>>
GTAs have always been shit games but the type of people who enjoy them dont care that they're shit games
>>
>>340162902
It's pretty fun to just dick around in for hours when you don't feel like playing actual games that require thought
>>
lots of people think it's boring.
>>
>Garbage shooting
>Bunch of shitty minigames with crap controls
>Ending choice where there's only one correct answer
>Overall average story
>Character creator in Online is one of the worst in the history of anything
>>
>>340162902
it's actually an excellent game, if you completely ignore its multiplayer component.

The graphics and scale of the world is truly amazing, and the engine is a masterpiece. Only thing I'm missing is better AI and a not-completely-garbage netcode.
>>
>>340163183

why do you think the shooting is garbage?
>>
Its one of the best game i've ever played on pc
This is from someone who played games since the early 90s
>>
>>340163253
the guns have plinky sounds and weakass effects, enemies will always fall over and get up if you don't headshot them
>>
>>340163207
Rockstar spent an outrageous amount of time, money, and resources creating a large, beautiful, and meticulously detailed open world. They then forgot to put a game in it.

After a while, your player is going to get tired of looking at your world and is going to want to do something fun. In that respect, GTA5 has nothing to offer.

The fanciest world means nothing if it's just so much empty space.
>>
Bought it on release day for the 260 and later upgraded to PC version. Still play at least a couple of hours every week.

Never touched multiplayer.

GTA VI reveal when?
>>
What really gets me its thefact that i cant play offline

Whats the fucking point of that
>>
>>340163486
it's fun to drive around but that's it
not much different to another other GTA in that regard
>>
>>340162902
It already is.
You should ask for Uncharted instead.
>>
>>340163534
>GTA VI reveal when
This E3 along with RDR3, Bully 2 and Agent
>>
>>340163253
Just compared to other third person shooters it feels really dated. Even the original Mass Effect had better shooting.
>>
>>340162902
>spent 500 hours doing nothing(haven't touched the story mode and will never do it)
>had more fun playing GTA 5 then most of all games that games out in 2015 and 2016
GTA 5 was a good game, you faggot.
>>
>>340163486
that's the side-effect of focusing on a scripted story. I'm sure that they could make an excellent sandbox game, if they completely disregarded the story and voiced protagonists.
>>
Its not a bad game but really shallow which is a big thing to say but true. It also took several steps back from IV especially in the AI department which often broke the immersion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

I wanna write it off via the technical limitations card of the old gen and a lack off interest to polish the ports for the next gen/PC version.

It will be interesting to see if they have something new to show next week
>>
>>340163964
theres no way to make a sandbox game much more enjoyable when it's trying to be realistic like GTA is
>>
>>340163897
>Exhausted virtually all of the content in about fifty hours.
>Never found the point where the game started being fun, engaging, or even interesting.
GTA5 is awful, faggot.
>>
>>340164189
>I don't know how to have fun
>This is the games fault
Nice try, Autistic faggot.
>>
>>340164061
sure there is. Simply improving the AI would be a massive step towards improving immersion. Cops actually arresting people, cop cars actually needing to pursue criminals rather than just spawning right on top of them, civilians doing more than just run away screaming all the time.

Watchdogs was a shit game, but it had much more believable AI.

Could also do with the gang-mechanic of old games, where gang territory actually matters and could be expanded/lost during dynamic events.
>>
>>340164281
>Implying that the actual content of the game doesn't need to be fun.
Good one, autistic faggot,
>>
>>340164189
the multiplayer heists are fun when you can actually get a good group, and you don't mind the shit matchmaking/lobby system.

Theres a massive potential in that system, but Rockstar completely fucked it up.
>>
>>340162902
When GTA 6 releases and does everything better than GTA V did.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.