[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game is meant to be family friendly >makes me more paranoid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107
File: Subnautica-picture-2.jpg (473 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Subnautica-picture-2.jpg
473 KB, 1280x720
>game is meant to be family friendly
>makes me more paranoid than horror games

that makes me think - why no one made any actual survival horror game centered about sea monsters? SOMA doesn't count it might as well be set in space we barely see the goddamn sea and enemies are just generic mutants.
>>
The Subnautica thread last night was so comfy.
I went and watched a Let's Play and the game looked fucking amazing.
No wonder the seacows looked so familiar, the devs also made NS2. I actually bought that at full price, shame it flopped. But Subnautica looks fucking amazing. Will definitely get this summer sale. The only downside is it'll probably ruin lesser survival games for me, like Don't Starve, which I haven't even finished either.
>>
>>340162014
Stop shilling your game dev.
>>
File: 1464498477942.jpg (26 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1464498477942.jpg
26 KB, 720x540
>>340161828
I didn't even realise how scared of the sea I was untill I played that fucking game.
Deep sea thread?
>>
What do you do in the game?
Are there objectives?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1600x900
>>340161828
>family friendly
>has this thing in it
I hope you're not using Subnautica as an example.
>>
>>340163158
It's new COD you have to shoot underwater russians for the glory of US.
>>
>>340163323
Reaper is not even the most dangerous thing in the game the smaller lava lizards are way more agressive.
>>
does it still have absurd pop in?
>>
File: 21STCENTURYSCHIZOIDMAN.jpg (33 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
21STCENTURYSCHIZOIDMAN.jpg
33 KB, 400x395
>fucking deathly afraid of deep sea
>couldn't play subnautica for more than 20 minutes because I heard a weird noise and uninstalled the game immediately

pussies ww@
>>
>choosing cartoony graphics over realism
>deep sea

the devs completely fucked up the atmosphere its too bright and calm for deep sea horror.
>>
>>340163864
Subnautica is not a horror game idiot.
>>
>>340162014
>will definetely get this summer sale
>the only downside is that it is so good that other games will look bad in comparison

Holy shit. I don't know this game, maybe it is good, but the shilling in this post is cringeworthy.
>>
Subnautica is great overall but the optimisation is fucking garbage. Better have a beefy PC if you wanna enjoy the game proper.
>>
>>340163864
The overall cartoony feel just adds to the atmosphere desu, have u ever went diving? It's pretty and colourful as fuck when your near surface on a sunny day. Diving was the most terrifying experience of my life, and I didn't even go that deep
>>
>>340161828
Is there a multiplayer mode? It would be cool to chill while exploring the waters with friends.
>>
>>340161828
Did you actually play SOMA? There's multiple sections set in the water outside the buildings that are pretty spooky.
>>
>>340163587
yes, since they are not in the optimization phase yet. they will do that as soon the game is feature complete and ready to release. was the same with ns2 as well. it was even unplayable in the first few alpha versions, and now it runs on toasters
>>
>>340163864
this retard again.
>>
>>340164353
Just a bunch of angry robots and linear corridor that gives me the illusion that I'm underwater when in reality if you replaced this segment with actual corridor nothing would change gameplay or atmosphere wise. SOMA sucks.
>>
>>340164353
that fucking giant angler fish coming towards you. you were following these light beacons along the path , and suddenly a large fanged maw with this light dangling in front appeared from the darkness... i shat bricks , hard as bunker concrete
>>
I swear the things that live in deep sea are worse than any kind of alien we might encounter.
>>
File: 1366613386142.jpg (36 KB, 626x423) Image search: [Google]
1366613386142.jpg
36 KB, 626x423
>>340165026
Haha! That one played me well. I thought it was another one of these beacons, when it turned out to be this scary as fuck large teethed fish thing
>>
>>340165212
What about alien deep sea creatures?
>>
>>340165605
Since we know absolutely nothing about them it has more chances of being cute waifuable mermaids instead of eldritch monsters.
>>
>>340162014
>the devs also made NS2.

And I just lost interest in subnautica
>>
>>340165927
Your logic isn't exactly sound.

Knowing what we do about how physiology and biology varies from environment to environment, I can guarantee that what you'd find down there would be utterly horrifying.
>>
>>340166380
>utterly horrifying.
No, I can guarantee it will make you go "oh, neat, wacky fins" unless you are a fucking faggot.

Who is scared of shit so far under water we haven't even discovered it yet? If they were any kind of a threat we'd already know all about them out of necessity.
>>
some obvious shilling itt, step up your game devs
>>
>>340166607
Have you read Starfish? You should, it's free.
>>
>>340166607
>Who is scared of shit so far under water we haven't even discovered it yet?

Way to answer your own question.

>If they were any kind of a threat we'd already know all about them out of necessity.

Something doesn't need to be threatening to be spook, and no, you can't be sure that we just have all of the existing dangerous sea life documented right now with how little of the sea has been explored. That's okay though, you've proven yourself a tough guy who isn't afraid of conventional fears, I won't take that from you. I'll pretend that you wouldn't shit yourself if you were made to take a plunge into a black underwater abyss.
>>
>>340166974
>Way to answer your own question.
No, that doesn't answer shit, how can you be afraid of something that in all likelihood does not even exist.

>Something doesn't need to be threatening to be spook
Yes it does.
>>
>>340166745
Also, the prose isn't bad. I may read this but I will probably forget entirely
>>
it really needs randomised maps, procedural generation whatever it's called
>>
>>340167064
Nah, mate, it doesn't. Spook runs on age old heuristics in your brain, not on reason.
>>
>>340167250
Name something that is commonly feared that holds no threat or danger then.
>>
is this a survival game or just pointless exploration? is there multiplayer with pvp?
>>
>>340163048
imagine being a human, swimming around the sea and seeing that in the distance, still and not moving

would fucking scare you for sure
>>
>>340167064
>Yes it does.

Rationale doesn't work against irrational human fears. Why will so many people go to absurd lengths to avoid coming into contact with twitching, scuttling bugs like palmettos and crickets even if they can't hurt you? It's a fear of something that everyone knows is harmless.
>>
>>340167169
Eh. Those are a double edged sword. The way I see it they work best for something that's not explicitly focused on exploration. As a backdrop to a fleshed out set of mechanics.
>>
>>340167064
>how can you be afraid of something that in all likelihood does not even exist

There is a reason why people are afraid of the darkness. And why most of the horror media is set in dark places. It's because you don't know what's in the dark. That's why you're scared of it, simply because of lack of knowledge. If you don't know what's behind a door it is more logical in terms of survival to not go in there rather than go in and get eaten.
>>
>>340167343
So far its just survival. Devs do plan on adding a story with an ending. But they want to add more meat on the bone before going on with the story mode.
>>
>>340167338
Spiders. There are no dangerous spiders in my country, but many people are still afraid of them.
>>
>>340167376
Only women are scared of those things once you know what you're dealing with. You also naturally react to bugs because there's a chance (however slim) that it might be dangerous, like a spider, centipede, etc. Your primal brain goes "oh shit, something that might be venomous" and sets you off. It is still from a fear of preexisting known threats. Try again.
>>
>>340167504
Spiders have been dangerous to humans elsewhere for a very long time, or do you think humanity evolved solely in your country? You're stupid.
>>
im so fucking terrified of the sea

even on a goddamn cruise ship i wouldnt feel safe
>>
So is it out of EA?
Because I will never, ever support any early access anymore, until I die and if I lie my balls shall cry.
>>
>>340167576
>Only women are scared of those things once you know what you're dealing with
Stop being an internet tough guy. That's demonstrably false.
>It is still from a fear of preexisting known threats.
That's the point, you dingus. Fear of deep water also stems from a "fear of preexisting known threats". Like crocodiles and sharks and shit.
>>
>>340167576
And you don't think that sort of reaction could be activated by literally any deep-sea anomaly, however harmless it might actually be?

Which is still sort of bogus, if you ask me. The amount of things that will kill you in the ocean far exceed things that will kill you on land, and that's just going on what we know of sea life.
>>
File: 1460386777864.jpg (16 KB, 634x450) Image search: [Google]
1460386777864.jpg
16 KB, 634x450
>>340161828
>cool game for vr
>has no HTC Vive support
>>
>>340167645
>Spiders have been dangerous to humans elsewhere for a very long time
As has deep water. Think crocs for rivers and sharks for the ocean. Plus just plain drowning, of course.
>>
>>340167789
Demonstrate it then.
>Like crocodiles and sharks and shit.
Like all the shit we've discovered at the bottom of the ocean already that is precisely not threatening to us like those faggot ass shrimp that hang out at volcanic vents? Ok buddy.

Life down there is a curiosity, not horror
>>
>>340167879
Isn't there some hack that can do that?
I wonder how well a locomotion system where you "swim" with the controllers would work, though. Use that for short range and one of those jet things for long range, and you've got most of the game world covered.
>>
I hope they'll expand the base building part.
And still waiting for proper giant squids.
>>
Played this game like a year ago before it was more fleshed out. Any tips for starting out?
>>
>>340167495
>adding story

for what purpose
>>
File: Centipede[1].jpg (337 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Centipede[1].jpg
337 KB, 800x600
>>340168036
>Demonstrate it then.
It's called arachnophobia, you dingus.
>Life down there is a curiosity, not horror
Just like the spiders around here. Or these guys. And people are still scared of them. Because being scared is not necessarily rational, on account of being a very old feature of our brains.
>>
>>340168472
Storys been in there for quite a while. Its just not the focus. Your ship gets fucked. You have to survive and find a way to get help while you explore and find whats caused your ship and many others to crash land.
>>
>>340168423
Quartz is no longer the universal duct tape it used to be, now the big mineral you'll need is silver.

Aside from that, it just depends what difficulty you're playing. I'd advise getting a good, solid food/water economy set up. Grow veg, etc.
>>
>>340168786
fuck the story man, game needs shit to do and resources to fight over with other players

literally nobody gives a flying fuck about a storyline in a game like this
>>
>>340168892
Y U MAD?

The devs aren't focusing on story yet, they ARE getting the game fleshed out first.

Salve your cornhole, dude.
>>
>>340169109
if they plan to pour meaningful resources into story instead of more features then they're fucking retardant
>>
>>340169260
Jesus Christ, fucking calm down. They're still adding a shitload of stuff to the game and they'll keep adding to it after it officially launches. And YOU not caring about stories in games doesn't mean nobody does.

And if anyone's wondering about multiplayer, they're not implementing it before it launches but they are considering it for after.
>>
>>340169260
Are you legit retarded? Weve been trying to tell you that they aint adding shit to story untill the game is more fleshed out. Hell they only did one minor update to the story and thats just adding an animation to your crash land sequence among many other fixes and items.
>>
>all these sheeple believing the lies of "spooky looking" deep sea fish

You faggots are so retarded
>>
>>340169902
Fuck off Kraken
>>
>>340169902
Alright, show us the cute mermaids then
>>
>>340170008
Nice deflection but open your eyes. Have you ever actually seen one of these fish? No, you haven't. They're fake and you're stupid for thinking they're real
>>
File: GET IN MAH BELLEH!.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GET IN MAH BELLEH!.jpg
335 KB, 1920x1080
Sucks that this guy will only officially be in the Inactive Lava Zone, imagine going over the Dunes or exploring the Koosh Zone and you hear him bellowing as he rushes right for you.
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13 KB, 416x297) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13 KB, 416x297
>>340169618

Honestly the thought that we could actually "win" by setting up a Distress Beacon and stopping whatever energy signals are causing ships to crash seems intensely comfy to me.

Like, you can get off the planet whenever you want, you're not forced to stay on it forever, it adds the glimmer of hope you get in survival tales like Robinson Caruso.
>>
>>340170131
SIDF pls go
>>
>>340163464
>Lava lizards
You're playing in experimental I assume?
>>
>>340170156
>Something that big
>That close to the surface

Well fuck that.
>>
>>340170169
>Honestly the thought that we could actually "win" by setting up a Distress Beacon and stopping whatever energy signals are causing ships to crash seems intensely comfy to me.

That's exactly what they're going for with the story, anon.

You crash-land on the ship, you fix the distress beacon and discover the signal's too weak. You go to the ship itself after the core explodes and find the main ship distress beacon's getting blocked, and the black box is missing.

I assume we discover those intelligent portal-creating assholes after that and either kill them or figure out a way to circumvent their fields. Probably the latter, since a *major* aspect of the game the developers talked about was they didn't want dedicated killing devices (a knife is a deterrent.)
>>
>>340170373
They have plans to make something larger then that even.

Apparently they plan on having the entire crashed ship be the shell of a giant crab like being thats intelligent thanks to leaks in the ship
>>
>>340170156
I went to the ILZ chamber yesterday for the first time. It sucks because getting there is such a bitch. It looks cool but getting back out is such a pain it's not worth it. Especially since there's nothing there yet. Likewise the lost river. Both confusing as fuck tunnel systems that you get lost in for too damn long.
>>
>>340167879
it has vive suport via revive. its still pretty bare bones, you have to mess a bit with your menu position
>>
>>340170559
Giant enemy crab? Well at least it will be 'land' locked and hopefully super slow due to its size, and have an entire ship worth of cover on his back.

Are there at least any giant peaceful creatures like whales or alien dolphins that help you out?
>>
>>340167879
Lol, Revive supports literally every Oculus game, fag.
>>
>>340170782
>Are there at least any giant peaceful creatures like whales or alien dolphins that help you out?

We're supposedly going to run into some sapient assholes that prefer to shunt you away with portals than attack.
>>
File: where's the cream filling.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
where's the cream filling.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
>>340170373
He'll only spawn near the surface if you go outside the map, along with a few other aggressive creatures. Which is fine by me, having the Reaper Leviathan in relatively shallow water is bad enough.
>>
>>340170782
Maybe? They had plans have a creepy mermaid race be neutral to you as long as you didnt do something but that went down the drain pipe, but they still plan on having us ally with or be friends with intelligent sealife.

The reaper/teleporters are bad though, so not them
>>
>>340162371
Quit shilling your meme shill.
>>
>>340170559
>Apparently they plan on having the entire crashed ship be the shell of a giant crab like being thats intelligent thanks to leaks in the ship

That just sounds kind of dumb to me, the ship should just be a new breeding ground in the same way sunken ships become the host to all sorts of life.
>>
>>340170852
>Saw reaper levi-tan next to kelp forest in sea moth
>Never go east ever again.
>>
>>340168892
>resources to fight over with other players

the cancer of survival games, go play your day z and rust and whatever they are called survival shovel ware
>>
File: hermit-crab_2086578i[1].jpg (89 KB, 620x491) Image search: [Google]
hermit-crab_2086578i[1].jpg
89 KB, 620x491
>>340171029
I think that's what he means. Think hermit crab.
>>
>>340171057
Seriously agreed. Rust is such Garbo tier and the people who enjoy it are equally Garbo homos.
>>
>>340168892
>literally nobody gives a flying fuck about a storyline in a game like this

It's literally a "Man vs. Nature" story in a game setting that makes perfect sense for it to be there.

The story's not going to be complex, but it's absolutely appreciated. Knowing rescue is possible and a credit-roll can happen makes the entire struggle that much more substantial.
>>
>all these fags who have never been scuba diving in open waters
You think you know fear. You know nothing.
>>
>>340171029
its bs anyways
>>
>>340171029
That anon is getting Subnautica mixed up with a submarine game that has a giant crab thing wearing a sunken Gato-class submarine chasing you. The Aurora is just going to sit there releasing radiation until you fix the engines and be home to little crab things and Reaper Leviathans.

>>340171037
You'll have to if you want to progress, the Aurora will dump radiation into the area and it'll keep expanding until you go aboard and fix it, and there's always two or three Reaper Leviathans patrolling around the ship.
>>
>Playing Subnautica after what the same devs did (and are continuing to do) to NS2
>>
I just want co-op with a few friends desu
>>
>>340171938
Which is?
>>
>>340171848
I know anon. I actually took care of it. Was somewhat joking. Somewhat. But from then on whenever I hear that roar... well at least they have power cell chargers now so using the cyclops is a valid option.
>>
File: 131.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>Quartz only produces glass now
>Silver is far more common
>Lead too
>Strips of kelp take up 4 slots

Holy shit things have changed.

In love with the graphical improvements, though.
>>
>>340171938
Never played NS2, don't care about it. As long as the PR guy who was the reason NS2 went to shit doesn't touch Subnautica it'll be fine.
>>
>>340163864
>waah
>>
>>340172261
You can get copper from the basalt outcrops kicked up by seatreaders too. Also batteries and power cells can be recharged.
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
23 KB, 337x372
>>340164107
>>340163864
>>340163906

>Oh look, everything's so comfy and cartoony and bright
>mfw night falls or you enter the deep ocean
>>
>>340172460
>Also batteries and power cells can be recharged.

Sweet Jesus, I needed this.

How do you do it? Is there a little recharging station in your base you can plop uncharged batteries of power cells into?
>>
>>340172261
>Have to get a shitload of creepvine clusters for silicone and lube now
>Have killed way over 2 stalkers and they still scare the fuck out of me
>>
>>340172261
Rubber is now made from kelp seed pods too. Also the reinforced dive suit bp is MIA.
>>
>>340167576
I have no problem swimming at our cities beach, which is full to the brim with sharks, they brush against you legs pretty often, however, I cannot fucking stand bugs.
>>
File: he who watches within the murk.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
he who watches within the murk.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
Of course anything looks less scary in the bright light that we humans evolved in. Go down a few hundred feet where the light is consumed by the water and see how brave you are when you can't properly see the dangers in th deep.
>>
File: planescape bling.jpg (517 KB, 1303x856) Image search: [Google]
planescape bling.jpg
517 KB, 1303x856
>>340162014
>the devs also made NS2
Not gonna give them any of my money. Fuck them for killing the NS franchise.
>>
>>340163323
wacky monster
>>
>>340172632
BP you can unlock for the battery charger and power cell charger. Very very needed imho. Combined with the efficiency upgrade for the cyclops and you're golden. There's also an upgrade for the pressure compensator that increases crush depth by 1k meters. Doesn't stack though.
>>
>>340172646
Get the exterior growbed and farm them outside your base.
>>
>>340170852

Does that mean if I'm on the edge of the void I could see him?
>>
>>340173036
I have a feling that the deepest parts of the game will be Exosuit-only, which means going into the Sea Dragon's home and the Emperor's prison in just a mech suit.

>>340173241
At or out in the void, yes.
>>
>>340171938
What's NS2
>>
>>340172646
exterior growbed, or feed stalkers peeper fish, they will get tame and bring you titanium , just be sure to be well stocked with peepers, you hold them in your hand when a stalker approaches you, and it eats from your hand
>>
>>340173731
Natural Selection 2, the story goes
>Natural Selection 1 is fucking great
>Natural Selection 2 comes out and it's pretty good
>Slowly gets better with updates
>All of a sudden it turns to shit
>Keeps getting more shit updates
>Is now utter shit
>Long time fans of the series are upset
>Game still gets updates making it worse from time to time
>All because of one guy
Subnautica doesn't have that one guy on it and it's great though
>>
File: 1458134074675.jpg (54 KB, 541x548) Image search: [Google]
1458134074675.jpg
54 KB, 541x548
>buy game
>refund it
>it launches without steam

What the actual fuck do I do though

I followed the heat signal and there's fucking nothing down there besides lithium and magnetite

Found an island, there's fucking nothing on it
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>340173992
holy fuck i did not even knew you could tame them
>>
>>340174016
Bummer. Subnautica is pretty fun though. Hopefully "that guy" fucks off
>>
>>340164182
There wont be any for quite a while
>>
>>340174350
It's still in development, dingus, did you not read anything about it?
>>
>>340173670
The hard get to areas with the tunnels are kinda annoying in my opinion. They're too easy to get lost in, crowded to maneuver in the cyclops in (inactive lava zone/chamber) and the darkness compounds those problems. If not for them it wouldn't be quite so bad to leave it really dark but it's a huge pain to navigate bumping into walls all the time. Even with the warning display and extra cameras on the cyclops.
>>
>>340174443
he is australian.. so.. as long everything runs according to plan, under the trump administration he will be detained and deported back to his prison colony
>>
>>340174614
I know that, I'm asking if there's any structured content besides item progression
>>
>>340161828
>>340163323
>>340170156
>>340170852
>>340172771
Holy shit this looks fucking horrifying.
>>
>>340174350
You are likely running a very old version without the new stuff we have.
>>
>>340169902
If the Ayys couldn't trick me what chance do you stand water boy
>>
>>340174946
Such as?
>>
File: 2.jpg (46 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
46 KB, 500x305
>>340174973
he pirated it
>>
>>340170546
The exo is confirmed to get rocket pods and spear guns
>>
>>340175138
In fairness so did I. I wanted to see how it would run. What it was like. I tried it. And. Well. Afterwards I bought it.
>>
>>340167789
One Shot Johnny would fuck you up.
>>
>>340162014
>I went and watched a Let's Play and the game looked fucking amazing.
it has less content than most free demos. They managed to make the fucking OCEAN full of fish and plants feel completely dead and sterile.

Animations are horrible. Story is horrible. There is literally no challenge. The entire game evolves around a food/water grind just to stay alive. Sure you can build massive bases, but they're completely dead and pointless.

Most wasted potential of all survival games.
>>
File: a.baa-Obama-Not-Bad.jpg (67 KB, 555x449) Image search: [Google]
a.baa-Obama-Not-Bad.jpg
67 KB, 555x449
>>340175289
respect.
>>
>>340163610
>fucking deathly afraid of deep sea

whay is this maymay
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>looking for ore
>the song of death echoes throughout the area
>nope.jpg
>the god of death awaits me
>attempts to swim away
>gets radically anal ruptured
>>
File: 1366610047559.jpg (47 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
1366610047559.jpg
47 KB, 400x341
>>340175450
i dont know which subnautica you might have played.
>>
>>340167169
they already said they weren't going to do that, because it would "take too long". They must be complete fucking hacks if they can't procedurally generate a fucking ocean sea floor. It's right next to making a desert in terms of difficulty.
>>
File: B_hAgCOXAAEiSY4.jpg (10 KB, 599x882) Image search: [Google]
B_hAgCOXAAEiSY4.jpg
10 KB, 599x882
>>340175525
You can't see what's around you what's not to be afraid of? Not only are you completely out of your element but you can't swim forever.
>>
>>340175265
Speargun is not even mentioned.
>>
File: 1366610295190.jpg (117 KB, 398x323) Image search: [Google]
1366610295190.jpg
117 KB, 398x323
>>340175576
when i encounter him i always try to dig a hole into the sand and hide in it.
sometimes... i survive that
>>
>>340175663
all versions since earliest steam release. It's hilarious how they haven't improved the basic gameplay since the very first version released. Hell, they managed to worsen it by removing terraforming.
>>
>>340175483
I mean if someone tries a game that way and doesn't like it I don't begrudge them either. But I can't recall the last game I pirated I didn't end up enjoying enough to buy.

fallout 4
>>
File: 1465172540562.png (245 KB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
1465172540562.png
245 KB, 450x349
>>340175834
at least you don't go full Retard swimming in circles
>>
>>340175576
>He's still afraid of the Reaper Leviathan

Don't go deep motherfucker
>>
>>340174973
read the first three lines again

>>340175092
I don't know nigga you tell me
>>
>>340174016
I've played NS2 a lot in the beginning, who is that guy and how he single-handedly ruineed NS2?

Are you talking about that Straya faggot or Flayra?
>>
>>340175921
well, you do not pirate good indi games.. its ok if you rip of bethesda. unknown worlds really needs that extra dosh. just look at charlie cleveland, he looks like a living corpse.. give that man something to eat
>>
>>340175848
By "basic gameplay" what exactly do you mean? They've added and tweaked a lot of stuff.
>>
>>340175848
Terraforming wasn't all that necessary when you can just build, deconstruct and rebuild faster anyway.
>>
>>340176210
>Straya faggot
that one
>>
>>340176210
I don't know who it was, I didn't even know someone was the reason it turned to shit until I saw someone in a previous Subnautica thread complaining about him
>>
File: 1461701307810.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461701307810.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>Water pressure has no effect on you, or any of the crafts

Missed opportunity. I wanted to hear the creaking of the hull get intenser as I go deeper and deeper.
Also, too bad there's fucking nothing at the bottom except darkness. Maybe in an update.
>>
>>340176405
it has an effect on your crafts, shit can fucking crush you
>>
>>340176405
BETA
E
T
A
>>
>>340176197
Well there's unlocking new bps, making new vehicles to reach new areas, upgrading them to reach new areas to unlock previously unreachable BPs ...but past that not much honestly.
>>
>>340176405
you can hear it creak when you go past safe depth, and there is a crush depth which makes you basically implode beyond repair
>>
>>340176405
>on you, or any of the crafts
Nigga what.

Your vehicles break past a certain depth,complete with creaking sound and alarms.

The deeper you go, the faster your oxygen meter depletes.
>>
>>340162014
game looks like it has amazing potential with a painfully slow dev behind it. or rather, understaffed dev behind it.
>>
>>340176405
Your seamoth gets damaged in the deep.
>>
>>340176604
if you are a retard, and go beneath crush depth without welder, with no ocean bottom visible, your hull will flood and drag you down with your screaming, flailing ass
>>
>>340176761
this guy must be a pirate as well.. since there was a very old build (like more than a year old) which hadnt any effects yet.
>>
>>340176405
Water pressure will break and destroy the sea moth past its crush depth. Likewise the cyclops can take damage and eventually sink past crush depth. If you are past safe (yellow depth numbers) while diving without a rebreather, oxygen is depleted at double speed. At crush depth it is triple. I am not sure how much the rebreather mitigates at crush.
>>
>>340176927
rebreather helps a lot
>>
>>340176927

Is the player character himself able to swim beyond crush depth with only an oxygen penalty or do you need to make a new diving suit?
>>
>>340176821
If you go beyond crush depth with the sea moth it will take damage until it implodes.
>>
>>340176270
there's no incentive to do any of the things they added, like farming or base building. At least in the Forest, you have a genuine threat and a reason to improve your base. There are no threats in Subnautica unless you purposefully seek them out.

It feels like a sandbox/survival game made for pacifists. There might as well not be any enemies.

Multiplayer could make the world feel a lot more dynamic, but like procedurally generated worlds, it's another almost necessary core part of the game that they decided not to focus on or add at all.

It seems like they're completely without direction for where to take the game, and it will end up being released in what feels like a half-finished state.
>>
>>340177121
you need to build special rebreather equipment
>>
>>340176293
that feels like a stupid way to circumvent a lacking feature, which perfectly sums up most of the game.
>>
>>340177156

Wasn't one of the upcoming updates supposed to be called "creature attack" or something where shit like reapers will stalk you home?
>>
>>340177121
No penalty. I think I've heard that the Exosuit will change that by introducing pressure effects on the player, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>340177134
i was talking about the cyclops.. it doesnt instantly explode like the seamoth, it can flood if you get hit, or hit stuff below safe depth, and drag you down
>>
>>340161828
Post your comfy bases
>>
>>340177121
You can swim with just an oxygen penalty. It's so you can get out and get stuff and scan stuff at depth. Because you can't get stuff or even scan from inside. Would be cooler if they made it so you could get stuff and stay inside the sub but eh.
>>
>>340177298
yes, you will need to build perimeter defenses for your base. like the ones you have for your sub
>>
>>340177156
It's still in development, for one thing. They're going to add roaming threats and creatures will attack/harass your base, the larger it is the more often it happens, and you'll have to install and maintain a defense system to keep them away. The game's not officially releasing for several more months and they're still working hard on it, it's silly getting mad at an unfinished game.
>>
File: 1465112483801.png (410 KB, 826x797) Image search: [Google]
1465112483801.png
410 KB, 826x797
>>340177298
>>
>>340177418
there might be an upgrade for the cyclops adding scanner room robotic drones, like the one you have for the base
>>
>>340177518
it seems strange to wait until right before release to add a core mechanic.

Even then, I pretty much guarantee that it will be implemented in a way that is just annoying, with your base just randomly getting fucked by scripted, events. Yay "challenge"
>>
>>340175745
are you also afraid of jungles ?
>>
File: 1451528592927.jpg (53 KB, 638x476) Image search: [Google]
1451528592927.jpg
53 KB, 638x476
>>340177298
>>
>>340177774
Lots of assuming there, champ.
>>
File: The Force Awakens.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
The Force Awakens.webm
3 MB, 640x350
Compared to stranded deep, how does this game fair?
>>
File: 1467899468.jpg (62 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1467899468.jpg
62 KB, 500x498
>>340177298
Oh, god! Let it happen.
>>
>Check the Sea Dragon's animations
>It breathes fucking underwater fire

Yeah of course it does. And of course you'll have to face the green fucker with your exosuit 1200 meters below sea level
>>
>>340177945
depends on if you are a tom hanks, or ed harris person
>>
>>340177943
educated guesses based on the amazing lack of progress over the past almost 2 years.

I want them to make an amazing game, but update after update they just keep adding more useless shit that has no effect on gameplay.
>>
>>340172845
>some half life mod
>a franchise

Wew lad
>>
So I haven't played this game in a long time since I got it when it was very new, unoptimised, and barebones.

How does it fare now? What's some advice some of you can give to a scrub who is also deathly afraid of deep water?
>>
>>340177945
Is this that gay French movie about the old guy who is essentially a thot?

If not, source nigga.
>>
>>340178197
I dunno why you lie about the game m8.
>>
>>340178365
I dunno why you think I have any reason to lie.
>>
File: 1372706327991s.jpg (4 KB, 103x125) Image search: [Google]
1372706327991s.jpg
4 KB, 103x125
>>340178197
well, since they do not have a lot of budget, they have to job next to their development time. more people have to buy this game to enable them to work full time on this
>>
>>340170156
When they release that bad boy I better be able to put fucking cannons on my Cyclops
>>
File: gordon.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
gordon.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>dude no weapons you're a scientist not a soldier
>mfw
>>
>>340178328
>some half life mod

it was objectively the most feature-rich HL mod ever released and had a massive playerbase at its peak.

NS2 would have been bigger if they didn't fuck up the launch with an extremely badly optimized build and poor modding support, due to insisting on using their own lackluster engine, rather than say Source or Unreal.
>>
>>340175745
are you also afraid of the dark in general?

pussy
>>
>>340178525
you will be able to ally the sea emperor, to help you fight the sentient life forms.

thats more bad ass than cannons
>>
>>340178465
it's not a matter of time or budget, as they clearly have the budget to keep adding useless garbage to the game that noone asked for, while neglecting stuff that everyone is asking for like proc-gen worlds and multiplayer, and actually making the creatures of the world interact with the player and the base.
>>
>>340162014
what was the lets play
>>
File: 1450070509340.png (410 KB, 598x460) Image search: [Google]
1450070509340.png
410 KB, 598x460
>>340178642
Not to mention fucking up marketing, scaring away new players by not giving a commander/base building tutorial and splitting the playerbase with that shitty arena standalone.
>>
>>340178428
>he lies without reasons

Weirdo
>>
>>340169902
t. Giant Angler Fish
>>
>>340177802
Yes, as you should be. It all comes down to not having a grasp on your surroundings. Losing that feeling of control or primacy really messes with the human brain.
>>
>>340178768
i dont even want proc gen worlds which are prone to be broken , i rather have a polished hand crafted world, able to tell a story.
>>
>>340167354
>imagine being a human
seamonsters pls go
>>
>>340178830
but there is a commander base building tutorial
>>
>>340176405
Enable console and type in NITROGEN
Have fun with decompression sickness!
>>
>>340178785
The one I watched was the Midnight Snack Games one on the H2O update. He talks a bit too much and doesn't really explain anything but it's a more recent version of the game.
>>
>>340178925
>i dont even want proc gen worlds which are prone to be broken

they would only be prone to be broken if the programmers sucked. Rust is a perfect example of how proc-gen worlds can work, and if anything, underwater proc-gen should be much easier to accomplish than land proc-gen.
>>
>>340178925
>i rather have a polished hand crafted world, able to tell a story.

which would be fine, if this hand crafted world was actually big, but it's just copy-pasted garbage with assets sprayed all over, with very few exceptions.

As it stands, if you've played it for more than 50 hours, you know the terrain by heart, ruining any replayability.
>>
>>340178768
>noone asked for

You are not the entire world, you fucknuts need to stop this meme. The game's got several more months before release and they're working on many things at the same time on a limited budget and not very many people, stop raging because your torpedo diapers and deep epic story aren't in yet.
>>
File: 1462819873096.webm (3 MB, 912x512) Image search: [Google]
1462819873096.webm
3 MB, 912x512
>>340178363
No clue m8
>>
>>340179083
yeah, no.

rust is a bad example, it will never follow any story line. either it would create world which are to easy to survive in, or ones which are impossible to reach the end goal because the lava caverns would not be reachable, or have dead ends everywhere. random proc only works for brainless sandbox survival
>>
>>340179357
yoooooooooooo what happened to that guy
>>
Looking at the game in its current state, the only things I really want to see them add is a win state (escaping the planet) and also regenerating wildlife (like you can 'seed' an area with coral and plants and detritivores which in turn regenerates the biome by bringing in herbivores and such.

Multiplayer would kill a lot of the atmosphere and immersion.
>>
File: PANIC PANIC PANIC.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
PANIC PANIC PANIC.gif
799 KB, 200x189
>>340177298
>>
>>340179479
Just needed a nap. What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>340179616
nerve gas
>>
>>340179479
i think he just discovered that he is a narcoleptic
>>
>>340179342
>The game's got several more months before release

yes, MONTHS left when they've had years to make it. They're even using fucking Unity, so adding things like Multiplayer would be relatively easy, but they'll probably save it for a DLC.

>>340179569
>random proc only works for brainless sandbox survival

the irony
>>
>>340179479
lag
>>
>>340179653
>>340179762
nah it was nerve gas
>>
>>340167338
What is every phobia ever?
What is paranoia?
What is uncanny?
What is vertigo?

Go fuck yourself.
>>
Subnautica is a missed opportunity. Instead of making environment dynamic and react to your influence, they called it exploration game and put in more carnivores that the creatures they're supposed to hunt.
>>
>>340179479
probably nerve gas
>>
>>340174016
Sounds like the path The Culling is heading down.
>>
>>340180249
They also aren't going to add any actual weapons
>>
>>340180731
>waaaah I can't shoot fish this game suck

This is literally Dishonored "The game punishes you for going lethal" tier complain
>>
>>340180731
They wouldn't be needed if devs had a basic idea what to do with this game.
>>
>>340180979
But that's a legitimate complaint. Stealth was simple and boring, you could teleport and the combat skills were far more interesting.
>>
>>340168892

>faggot wants Rust
>and not Space Station 13 under the sea

Subnautica has the foundations of a potentially good 3D SS13 game.
>>
>>340167354
Fuck dude. Large objects and sea life submerged is my biggest fear
>>
>>340168892
The only multiplayer this game needs is a co-op mode. Exploring the waters with a friend would boost the fun even more.
>>
>>340168892
You're one of this annoying shit-type gamers who only enjoy shitty Day Z, Rust, Ark games. Others like single-player, sandbox with a story to it.

Maybe I could see inviting one or two other players but thats it. Im sick and tired of the PvP Day Z shit.
>>
>>340182038
coop is planned, but releasing the game has priority right now
>>
>>340181703
We have Barotrauma though. Someone host a fucking server already holy shit it's been months since I last died trying to melee an Endworm to death
>>
>>340182301
>actual content that makes the game playable and not just a sightseeing sandbox is planned, but release to cash in on an unfinished product first.

gotcha
>>
>exploring spoopy mushrooms minding my business
>https://soundcloud.com/kamakazi/crabsnake-sounds
>Alt+F4
Yeahh haha fun g-game a-alright
>>
>>340181703
it has the foundation for a lot of things, but the devs only intention is to slap on some half-assed storyline about some psychic giant alien-fish that crashes peoples spacecrafts for lulz.
>>
>>340178704
No one's scared of the dark they're afraid of what it hides
>>
>>340182642
crabsnake just got me yesterday, i did not expect it to sense me beneath the mushroom it was hiding in. i heard its roar, and saw it shoot out of the top of the mushroom, reaching beneath the mushroom cap, grabbing me.

bricks were shat, hard as tungsten
>>
>>340182552
You really are a whiny little baby. Does every game ever made need massive multiplayer functionality to be considered good to you? Is that the only thing that will make you play a game? Why don't you get hired by Unkniown Worlds so you can show them everything they're doing wrong and take control of production like that one PR guy did.
>>
File: 13764953946s.jpg (32 KB, 300x276) Image search: [Google]
13764953946s.jpg
32 KB, 300x276
>>340173992
Oh wow, it works, i have my own pet Stalker now. but it is greedy as fuck, and gets grumpy if i dont feed it regularly
>>
File: rokea.png (743 KB, 681x907) Image search: [Google]
rokea.png
743 KB, 681x907
>>340161828
>set on a another planet instead of earth's native seas
>alien creatures instead of eldritch beings hiding in the depths
>have to be a human inside a submarine instead of some sea-creature freely swimming through the waters
I just want a jawsome underwater game.
>>
File: 1424278878974.jpg (1021 KB, 6144x3456) Image search: [Google]
1424278878974.jpg
1021 KB, 6144x3456
>>340178956
>>
Fuck. I missed a subnautica thread. Everytime I start one, they die before 10 posts.
>>
The thing about a game like this is the spooks and intense feelings disappear once you know the game decently
>>
>>
>>340183303
Already have a job, thanks anyway Charlie. Don't you have anything better to do than shill? Perhaps actually finish the game?
>>
File: Subnautica sizes.png (290 KB, 1206x709) Image search: [Google]
Subnautica sizes.png
290 KB, 1206x709
Here's a size chart about big creatures in the final game, I added a shitty diver silhouette too
>>
>>340167504
>Spiders
>no threat or danger
Begone, arachnid. You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
File: 2015-10-13_00006.jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-13_00006.jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>340178768
>MULTIPLAYER!
>PROCEDURAL GENERATION!
You seem to think they're making Minecraft but underwater which they're not
>>
>>340184579
they need to fire whoever "designed" those monsters.

Jesus Christ, 2 arms and a reptile head slapped onto an octopus lower body. Ebin.
>>
>>340184779
>You seem to think they're making Minecraft but underwater which they're not

except that's their exact target audience.
>>
>>340184528
Yet another meme that needs to die. Why do you people think any developer cares about 4chan enough to shill here? You're not important or influentual.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.