[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to start this game and actually play it instead of seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: mor.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
mor.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
About to start this game and actually play it instead of seeing what mods are cool. Should I just stay away from magic and alchemy to get a good gameplay experience?
>>
But Anon its all about magic n alchemy
>>
The game is about you becoming a literal walking god

do whatever you feel like
>>
Go for Alteration at least.
>>
>>340153629
>Should I just staw away from the only fun mechanics in the game to get a good gameplay experience?
>>
>>340153829
Mostly to me, magic is only about manipulating numbers. I kinda want to be in touch with the environment and puzzles of things laid out instead of casting a spell and flying over everything.

I just want the game to be challenging. I don't want to just walk through it.
>>
>>340153629
As long as you don't abuse alchemy, like we all know it can be, then I don't see why you should stay away from it.
>>
>>340153972
>I just want the game to be challenging
You picked the wrong series bud.
No TES game is challenging.
>>
>Should I just stay away from magic and alchemy to get a good gameplay experience?

Oh, Anon. Oh no, Anon. Whoever told you that was not giving you their best intentions.

Magic and alchemy in Morrowind are excellent. If you don't like levitation and don't want to float everything, you really don't have to.
>>
>>340153629
Magic can be a bit hard for beginners, but it is fun and if you have some more experience in the game magic can be really fucking strong.
My first playthroughs were mostly melee characters and they were great experiences as well.
I never touched alchemy until recently but if you know the trick you can abuse it and make potions so strong you become literally invincible and trivialize the entire game.
Might want to stay away from that to not tarnish your experience.

Oh and don't look at the wiki. Most of the fun is unexpectedly stumbling on awesome gear and shit. There's not really any game breaking bugs as far as I know. If you kill an essential NPC you will be notified and if you by any chance do happen to encounter a game breaking bug, in 99.9% of the cases you can fix it with console commands so you don't need to worry about it.
>>
>>340154031
I don't know. Daggerfall took some time for me.
Skyrim was shit, I agree with you on that.
Oblivion's difficulty was weird. It's either sponges and die in 1 hit or walk and kill everything in 1 hit.
>>
>>340153972
Once you get a good melee weapon you just basically click smash through everything.
>>
Not OP, but give me some good mods and builds /v/. I was thinking of a sneaky ass magic thief who hates orcs to the point of leaving paper all over their fucking houses.
>>
>>340153629
once you gained a certain level, the game becomes easy regardless of what class you chose
alchemy is just a fun mechanic, you can't possibly know the effective ways to abuse it in your first playthrough
>>
>>340153629
The game is boring as shit without magic.
>>
>>340153629
I prefer to play as a knight, imperial.
>>
Fucking bump
>>
>>340157925
too bad morrowind threads are gonna die now instead of being spammed for a week
>>
>>340158387
Probably because it doesn't have 'Morrowind' in the OP. Can't ctrl+f it
>>
>>340158387
They're usually not very active during europe daytime. In the evening and night they move pretty fast.
>>
File: Morrowind - Dewmer Ruins.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind - Dewmer Ruins.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>Stealth
>Marksman
>Conjuration
>mod that makes all arrows that hit recoverable
>mod that makes magicka regenerate

I AM THE NAKED SILENT GOD OF DEATH!

IGNORE ME!
>>
>page 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZTKq7bxFDw
>>
>>340155110
magic thief is hands down my favorite class in Morrowind

Alteration and illusion for stealing stuff, Mysticism for teleporting about

Hating Orcs is just a bonus
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.