[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this point so damn hard? 80% of my loses are on this second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: anubis-2.jpg (125 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
anubis-2.jpg
125 KB, 675x380
Why is this point so damn hard?
80% of my loses are on this second point
>>
>>340151319
Because mercy can Q though the wall and save the day OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
And Flanking is fucking bullshit because every flank is a choke point which makes easier for defenders to defend.
>>
>>340151319
>tfw you realize all payloads maps are basically the same map design just different texture
fucking Blizzard
>>
>>340151679
the red pill
>>
>>340151559
your mercy can do the same it's just hard to coordinate your team to attack the point together
>>
>>340151854
I know she can but if we kill the mercy first we need to kill everyone to cap the point for 8 seconds until the defending mercy Q's though the wall.
There should be more of a punishment for the defending side.
>>
>>340152150
losing CP A was their punishment. the onus is on the attackers to finish the job.
>>
The map is terribly designed, in a premade its much easier to take but in a pug its almost always a guaranteed loss unless the defending team is drastically worse than the attacking.
>>
>>340152256
nah fuck that. If you lose the point they shouldn't be 5 seconds away from the point. And they shouldn't be close enough for mercy to say go fuck your hard work.
>>
File: xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>>340151319
The game in general has shit maps.

Anubis, Hanamura, Industries...

The game just shows how incompetent Blizzard's game designers are.
>>
>defending teams have same respawns timer as attackers
>their ult charge rate is also the same time

Balance patch when
>>
Because you're shit and your team is shit.

Actually co-ordinate a push and it's dead easy.
>>
>>340151319
It does strongly favour the defending team, that's for sure. Impossible to just rush down since they respawn right behind the door.
Still, if coordinated (yes, I do realise that's not easy to do), a strong wiping push with 2 people flanking from the hallway to the left can do the trick. I'd say Winston, Zarya, S76 and Lucio are a solid base to achieve this.
We've all got stomped there on defence at least once, so it can be done.
>>
>>340153014
did you exept anything else from the same team that wasted 5 years on titan?
>>
>>340151319
This is one of the easiest maps to take. You are just bad. Just move to cap point b as you are capping a. Youll have half of b before they even respawn. One ult will clear the objective to win the game after that.
>>
File: 1459502404102.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1459502404102.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>>340153229
>Implying pugs listen to anything
>>
>>340153014
>Industries
Fuck you, that one is great. A good mix of flexible approaches but just the right amount of choke pointing to not make defense absolute chaos.
My only gripe is the first point is one of the few I've never seen anyone lose at.
>>
>>340151319
attacking is a bitch, buy possible, just have to have a team shit the bed to win.
>>
How about you try to attack it with a group instead of solo?
>>
>>340153229
That's not how pugs work, idiot. You can just pray that you end up with people who don't treat the game like TDM.
>>
>>340154123
>Fuck you, that one is great.

Yeah. the bottleneck town and B being an utter shitfest. Man that map is great.
>>
>>340151319

Overwatch has the depth of a mobile game. Why do you care so much?

I understand that you want the game to be good, but it is not going to happen. Ever.

Blizzard does not make good games. They make casual games.
>>
>>340153878
>>340154332
People tend to listen to a "group up on me" as a Reinhardt.
>>
Just had a game where we pushed from the side, Zarya got the whole enemy team with her ult and Pharah finished them up with her ult. Never seen a whole team get annihilated that fast.
>>
>>340154384
I play Reinhardt most of the time, and this isn't true. I usually have 3 - 4 min objective time on payloads, solely because all the other players on both teams are playing Team Deathmatch on the opposite side of the map.
>>
>>340154465
In that case it doesn't sound like you need to group up, and you're actually winning.
>>
File: 1459491239015.jpg (14 KB, 320x246) Image search: [Google]
1459491239015.jpg
14 KB, 320x246
>>340154384
That's bullshit and you know it, hell half the time people don't even know to stand behind your shields.
>>
>>340154680
It works for me. Generally of course, there will always be people that are idiots, but you don't need 6/6 to capture a point.
>>
>>340153185
there is a 2 second respawn difference. but yeah, they clearly didnt want to force symettra use, but people use her anyways on defense.
>>
I don't mind any of the maps in Overwatch, or at least I haven't played enough of the game to find huge faults in them.

But it's pretty indisputable that KOTH is the best gameplay and its maps are the best.
>>
>>340155804
I fucking hate that mode. Anything but tanks get fucked constantly.
>>
Never mind that, the last corner of Gibraltar is literally impossible. I have lost 5 games in a row attacking there, absolutely no team composition can beat it. The ONLY way to win there is if you just killed the whole enemy team and they're too stupid to contest the payload. If there's a single moment where they get to regroup, it's over.
>>
>>340153014
>tfw no modding or private servers so that the community can fix that
Why wouldn't they support that? It'd only increase sales of the game.
>>
>>340155906
>have retarded team on gibraltar on defense
>switch to Bastion halfway through the game
>win at that last corner
I feel like that's the reason Bastion exists.
>>
>>340156031
Most of the time I don't even see Bastions there, it's all about the Torj, Rein and any general damage dealers. A Bastion could, as you say, do it single handed though. It's just insane, seriously needs a rebalance.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.