[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing the witcher 1, i would like to understand more of what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1461537383714.jpg (294 KB, 719x717) Image search: [Google]
1461537383714.jpg
294 KB, 719x717
Playing the witcher 1, i would like to understand more of what the fuck i am doing.
I lost my memory, go to vizima to look for the guys who stole our shit.
Chapter 3 starts and It gets way more political, but I have no idea in wich kingdom I am, and who are the other competitors in this political game.
A war just ended right? Between who? Why did it start and why did it end? What their current relationship?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1 MB, 2093x1500) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1 MB, 2093x1500
>>340150778
You're in Temeria, the biggest and bestest kingdom of the North. Other Northern kingdoms are Redania, Kaedwen and Aedirn.

The war was between Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard (basically >H>R>E mixed with Arabs or some shit like that). It started because Nilfgaards are cunts who see everyone else as barbarians. They were defeated after a decisive battle of Brenna. As of Witcher 1 there's peace.
>>
File: 521521321321.jpg (2 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
521521321321.jpg
2 KB, 165x115
REEEEEEEEEEEAD THE BOOKS
>>
File: Serious.jpg (289 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Serious.jpg
289 KB, 900x900
>>340152025
>Reading Ciri shit
>>
>>340151863
Thanks, so nilfgaars are everyone's whos not north basically?
>>
>>340152412
Yes and no. Nilfgaard is an empire with many subjects, and Nilfgaard proper doesn't start straight South of Temeria.
>>
What about wizards? They seem very rare and powerful, am i right?
At the same time witchers use magic, is it some kind of lesser magic?
>>
>>340154289
They use glyphs which are super simple magic.
>>
>>340151863
Now explain it in terms of Shu, Wu and Wei please.
>>
>>340154374
Cheeky fucker
>>
>>340151863
This is pretty much the story.

Also even though Geralt calls himself Geralt of Rivia, he's not actually from Rivia, it's just a name to get the normies more comfortable around him.

If anything he's Kaedwenian since Kaer Morhen is in Kaedwen as you can see in the map.

Don't worry too much about the black ones aka Nilfgaard for now, they have a much bigger role to play later on. All you have to know is that the four northern realms are currently in an uneasy peace with eachother.

In terms of 'deeper' lore, read the in-game books. You'll learn later about the conjunction of the spheres and the source of monsters and magic.
>>
>>340154441
Still waiting.
>>
>>340150778

You really need to pay more attention to what the game tells you. It told you where you went
>>
>>340150778
Enjoy Witcher 2, it's twice as confusing. Third game has less focus on political powerplays, which was nice.
>>
Should i buy the 5000 orens armor?
>>
>>340151863

Nigga Kovir beats the hell out of everything else.

Otherwise yes, and Temeria was indeed pretty good in general.
>>
>>340156392
Snow Jews aren't part of 4NK.
>>
>>340156440

But of course, my bad.
>>
>>340156440

They are though, basically everything north of Yaruga is northern kingdoms. I don't know where you get "four northern kingdoms." Those are the four biggest ones anyway.
>>
>>340155648
I started playing Witcher 2 after dropping Witcher 1 in the middle of the first act and I think it's the opposite. The fact that the game is more grounded in political scheming without dropping tons of exposition with every single NPC you encounter helped a lot. Learning several factions is way easier in comparison with conjunction of the spheres, wild hunt, some witcher mutagen shit, sorcerers etc etc etc, all in the first minutes of the game. In fact, TW2 inspired me to read the books in the first place.

Also political powerplays are the best part of The Witcher.
>>
Should i use bombs in high difficulty in witcher 1?
Also focus on buying books or armor/weapons?
>>
>>340156919
I like the first game better because you can ignore all of that.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.