[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was hoping this would come out at Midnight in my area, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 23411440039_6dc73b6fbd_b[1].jpg (99 KB, 823x475) Image search: [Google]
23411440039_6dc73b6fbd_b[1].jpg
99 KB, 823x475
I was hoping this would come out at Midnight in my area, but I guess I have to wait a few more hours?

Anyone else waiting for Stranger of Sword City?
>>
>>340125114

Oh, uh. Is the PC release already happening? I didn't actually finish my Vita run. Got caught up grinding out class changes near the end of my first playthrough, since the allowed number of them is reset once you NG+.
>>
>>340125114
You have my interest with the catgirl waifu in the background.

Is this a lewd game?
>>
Roughly how long does it take for even a year to pass, I'm almost 6 hours in and not 1 gas went.
>>
>>340125546
No. Not really.
>>
File: 1280431552463.jpg (115 KB, 449x457) Image search: [Google]
1280431552463.jpg
115 KB, 449x457
>>340125578

I actually have no idea what you're trying to ask.
>>
>>340125786
On phone I'll try again. How long does it take for a year to pass in game roughly?
>>
>>340125578
It takes a long while. I can't quite remember, because it's been a while since I've played.

I specifically held off continuing, once I heard it was on PC. It's gonna have a lot more content and the ability to customize a lot of stuff.

I'm pretty excited, but I guess it's gonna be at least a couple more hours before I can play. :(
>>
>>340126369

Time doesn't actually pass in game at all. Character ages are literally a one-shot thing that determines bonus stat points and Life Point totals at intervals of 17, 40, and 60+. Characters won't age in-game, so the real impact of their age is simply at creation.
>>
I heard there was gonna be a version for tablet, but I guess that's not true.
>>
File: Stranger-of-Sword-City-4[1].png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Stranger-of-Sword-City-4[1].png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340126603
Oh...

Wait, I thought I remembered having characters that actually reached a point where they received an "aged" benefit.

Maybe that was a different game?
>>
Is there permadeath?
>>
>>340126953

Not that I'm aware of. I've put in forty hours, and nothing has happened with my characters in terms of their age. Higher age = more bonus points for stats on creation, but fewer Life Points out of a potential 3. Which brings me to...

>>340127446

Yes, characters can be killed permanently. If their Life Points hit 0, they are erased. For characters past 60 years old (the cap for bonus points at creation), this means if they are reduced to 0 HP, they are destroyed instantly unless you have a special item in your inventory that scapegoats itself for them and leaves them at 1 HP. Only by preventing the "Death" state can they be saved from permadeath. Characters with 2 or 3 Life Points can have the missing Life Point restored and be revived at the Stranger's Base, so long as you don't let them hit 0 Life Points.
>>
File: 1464296620468.gif (487 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1464296620468.gif
487 KB, 500x373
>>340125546
>>
Is this game worth buying?
Why?
>>
>>340125114

I heard it has poor technical depth but i'm waiting for the torrent release.
>>
>>340126442
?? Same content as the vita version, afaik.
>>
File: bGeBzqf.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
bGeBzqf.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>>340125114
>tfw have the vita version.
>Decided to stop playing and wait for the pc release.

On my defense, i was not aware of the pc release since i got the game day one. On the other hand, its nice to have a physical copy of the game, even if its handheld only.

Also holy fuck, samurais with a shitload of agility are unstoppable carnage machines.
>>
is this like etrian oddysey or somethin
>>
>>340128479
It's just new enemies and a new area. Nothing major, I don't think.

But you CAN import your own character images.
>>
I wanted to know more about this game
>>
>>340128820

It has permadeath but reviews suggest it doesn't have the technical depth and battles revolve around either spamming attack or buffing then spamming attack.

I hope that is not true. Too many dungeon crawlers just don't have enough depth and each action has minimal weight. That's why you can spam attack and scroll through combat fast like a smartphone game.
>>
File: 1460250525634.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1460250525634.gif
646 KB, 512x481
Have they released the dimensions for custom portraits? Would be nice to get a few going if I had an outline.
>>
>NISA

would have been hour 1 purchase if it wasn't for that. I can wait and see if they uncuck themselves for criminal girls PC, which they won't
>>
>>340129573

They went all out for Criminal Girls, they won't ever pull back.

Go get the discounted JP VITA version. Its worth it.
>>
>>340125114
are there any animations in this game at all
>>
>>340129867
About as much as a RPGMaker Game
>>340127801
The worst part about permadeath is that you lose all the gear on them from what I saw.
>>
To those looking for dungeon crawling fun, Sakura Dungeon has surprising depth for a Renpi shit engine.

Attacks matter and you can't just spam. Liked it more than many of the modern VITA dungeon crawlers like Operation Abyss and all.
>>
>>340127801
>>340130204
cant you just load the fucking game when someone dies?
>>
>>340130427

Probably. Unless they autosave. Even then its surmountable with backup save files.

Either way its a punishing game mechanic.
>>
>>340130427
>>340130592
It doesn't autosave and you can only save in town so if you die in late in a dungeon you'd have to start all over.

I found this shit annoying cause some one would die in one round and I would have to replace them with a another thats a much lower level in no gear,
>>
>>340131457

Do we have unfair fights whereby people die and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Are battles nothing more than autoattack and maybe buff?

There's no EO bind/status right?

I consider EO the gold standard for DRPG depth, every action matters, all enemy attacks can be disabled/countered.
>>
>>340131645
First off I didn't play this game much. I got through the first dungeon and parts of the three that are unlocked afterwards so maybe it's better late game but I don't know. I really like DRPGs and this one isnt that good in my opinion. You can't pick abilities like EO and unlock them occasionally on level up. Because of this my tank didn't have any kind of aggro ability and was useless because the enemy knew he was useless and went after my healer and samurai.

When I played it was pretty much autoattack because buffs where almost nonexistent. half the characters have a buff that changes the attribute of attacks but there was no way to know what enemies were weak against so they arent that useful with out taking the time to test against every enemy type. and rarely i got a increase in hit or some shit that was basically useless.

Healing does barely any unless you put every thing into healing stats and put them in the back line and do nothing but heal. then maybe healing would be good but you miss out on a good back row spot.

Also, at least early on from what I saw, there weren't any hard status effects like stun i could perform just slows that didnt help much but my guys were stunned and poisoned so maybe you get that later but I dont know.

Like I said it's shit early on and I dropped it. Maybe it gets better later on but im not gonna suffer through to find out.
>>
>>340132843

I no longer feel in a rush to get that torrent. Atelier sophie comes out and i'm at the 70% mark with Sakura Dungeon.

I suspected as much since these are the guys that traditionally like DRPGs where you can scroll through the battle on blitz. Meaning it can't be tactical.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.