[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's the verdict? Is it worth it? How does it compare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So, what's the verdict? Is it worth it? How does it compare to the two best DLCs from last year: HoS and TOH?
>>
>>340102330
Old Hunters was really good but I have trouble comparing the two games. Love all the DLCs.

Blood and Wine is bigger than Heart of Stone and I like some of the quests better, and I think the pacing of the main quest in BW is better than Heart of Stone.

However, the characters in Heart of Stone were far more compelling. Blood and Wine wins just because of the new region, which is gorgeous and comfy, and because vampires are always appropriate. But Heart of Stone is a bit more memorable in terms of story.
>>
Blood and Wine is great, best final boss fight too.
>>
>>340102627
I actually liked Hearts of Stone better than TOH, although /v/ considers TOH the pinnacle of gaming.

I heard that Blood and Wine was disappointing, though? The general was shitting on it and calling it mediocre, so I'm trying to stay away to avoid spoilers.
>>
I prefer it to HoS desu.

It's a proper ending with the best waifu + best bro
>>
Good. Not great. Still better than parts of the vanilla game and still very much worth the 20 dollar asking price.

My biggest problems is that the antagonists weren't interesting enough, and it lacked the drive and focus that HoS had. But the side content of Toussaint was top tier.
>>
>>340102954
Probably some whining about muh lore i'm guessing, it is odd to see one person so far but i'm having a great time.
>>
>>340102330

I enjoyed Old Hunters, but these two expansions are on a league of their own.

I still believe HoS is the superior expansion just by the sheer over all quality that it brought. It deserves all the praise it gets. BaW on the other hand, suffers a little on the story department, but that's not to say that it's any less of a contender for HoS. It's very close between the two.

Definitely recommend BaW. Absolutely.
>>
Hearts of Stone is a short-story inside the Witcher world. Its focus is entirely on the story and its 3 characters.

Blood & Wine is like a traditional expansion. It's at the very least an 8/10. Toussaint is beautiful, new monsters from TW1 are well re-designed, Aerondight is amazing, characters from books are 10/10, side quests are fucking great.
The only downside is the antagonist, who isn't bad per say, he's just kinda retarded and impulsive.
>>
>>340103272
Is it because of Regis?
>>
>>340102954
I should got to VG more. Nah, Blood and Wine is great. Touissant is great and comfy and gorgeous. I took lots of screenshots. Lots of fun quests, some, a good deal, have interesting and "twisty" outcomes. The pacing of the main Blood and Wine quest is nice and snappy too, not short, but the pacing is good, it isn't padded with fetch quests and there is a definite urgency to what you're doing, something that HoS lacked.

But the characters in HoS were definitely better and more compelling.

Old Hunters was excellent and masterful. But I can't truly compare the games. I'd keep witcher 3 if you said I could only have one, if that means anything.
>>
>>340103865

Man, she was fucking based at the beginning and I couldn't wait to get my chance to sex her.

Too bad she goes full fucking retard because

>MUH SISTER
>>
>>340102330
HoS is short but really, really good, while BaW is more like another Velen/Novigrad/Skellige sized act from the main game but with a bit higher quality. HoS is a tough act to follow
>>
>>340102330
Well seems my long post didn't go through

tl;dr yes it's fucking great, and I'm having the best time with the game so far
>>
Blood & Wine's story is all about the "lesser evil" that Geralt constantly talks about.

They try to explore this and there's a lot of branching paths you can take and like 2 different endings for each character, which when brought together makes for more than two different outcomes.

Looking at all the endings, there's no "good" ending, it's all about what you consider to be the lesser evil.
>>
>>340104184
>I'd keep witcher 3 if you sais I could only have one

Same. Bloodborne is amazing, and even reminds me of my first time playing SotN, but the fact that I marathoned TW3 should say enough about how I feel about it.

And about B&W, most of the complaints that I read were about Wine Wars or something along thoss lines.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.