[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just started getting in to Warhmmer with the release of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: TOMBKINGSWHEN.jpg (257 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
TOMBKINGSWHEN.jpg
257 KB, 1080x1920
So I just started getting in to Warhmmer with the release of the new Total War. What are some other interesting factions that will probably be available down the line? Been reading about the Tomb Kings and I sincerely hope they make it in to the game at some point.
>>
File: Tomb_Kings_City.jpg (250 KB, 1600x818) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Kings_City.jpg
250 KB, 1600x818
>>340088857
>>
File: 1459345677724.jpg (95 KB, 547x627) Image search: [Google]
1459345677724.jpg
95 KB, 547x627
My bet is on New World/Ulthuan dlc being the first big expansion, adding naval combat.
Asurs > Druchii
Druchii are still great
>>
>>340089352
For some reason I don't want them to add naval combat. I rather they focus on adding shit people actually play
>>
>>340089498
I can understand that, but I think something like Skaven ships would be fun to see.
>>
>>340089352
Asrai>Asur
>>
>>340088857

JUST
DLC
MY SHIT UP
>>
40k is better
>>
>>340088857
It's gotta suck ass to have your face permanently stuck like that. How the fuck do they even see with no eyes?
>>
>>340089498
You aren't alone, I'm dreading it's inclusion.
>>
Downside to the Tomb Kings is that they may be an even more boring version of Vampires, who are already incredibly boring. GW has this weird issue with any time there's a sinister looking race that isn't Chaos, they have to have very simplistic rules, no unit variation and aren't allowed to use much magic.

I guess because they want them to be disposable enemies for the "real" races to wipe.
>>
>>340088857

Skaven and Lizardmen would be decent, there aren't any Elf factions in the game yet so thats to be expected as well.

I really want this game (too poor to buy it atm), but I'm wondering at this point if I should just wait it out for the GOTY edition with all the factions, all the DLC, etc.
>>
>>340089498
Fuck naval combat.
>>
I've never played a Total War game before.

Can somebody explain how it differs from say, Age of Empires?
>>
>>340091289
You are correct.
>>
>>340092441
watch a video of it and you will be able to tell immediately.
>>
How the fuck do you play the vampire counts?

They have a lot of units but its hard to figure out which ones should actually go in an army. Most feel like filler. And sieging is a gigantic pain in the ass.

Not to mention, I don't get what other nations I should be going after. Maybe I just got unlucky but Franz came directly for my doorstep and so did Ironhide. I'm getting Brazzered here and I only have two regions.
>>
>>340092441
You don't build bases but capture existing cities and add buildings to these by upgrading them.

You only see your lords in the overworld and you add up to 20 units to a lord, which are only shown when you enter combat.

You then have to place your army and you micromanage the unitsquads to beat the enemy
>>
So is there any way to play this game that makes it fun? It seems like the gameplay just amounts to slamming front lines into one another and then having calvary come in from the sides or behind. And that's it. Other than sniping their general.
>>
File: lizzies.jpg (1012 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lizzies.jpg
1012 KB, 1920x1080
Lizardmen obviously.
>>
>>340093995
You basically have to bunker until you get Grave Guards as your front line. Then focus on anything that causes a lot of morale damage.

You don't really win battles as vampire counts, so much as you make the enemy army run off. Fighting Chaos is rough.

Starting units are pure garbage. Spearmen will be sort of useful for a while, but you're honestly better off bunkering in one province with a couple of armies with nothing but zombies in it, just to fool the AI. Counts are pretty boring.
>>
>>340094052
>>340094091
So basically the game looks like this?
https://youtu.be/LamgAfVj980
>>
>>340088857

High elves and wood elves
most likely tomb kings
most likely chaos dwarfs and chaos beasts.
>>
>>340093995
Play tall
focus on agents with income bonuses
You can make 27k income from a single province if you're lucky enough with agents
>>
>>340093995
My issue is everyone hates me if I play vampires or orcs. No matter how good my game is going, the dwarfs and empire unite and eventually destroy me
>>
>>340091964
GOTY version won't be out for another 3ish years mate, they've got a lot of DLC and planned expansions out.
>>
>>340093995

Toss zombies in front of everything, they are disposable. keep a line of skeletons behind them to engage after charge has been soaked or flank. Use dire wolves to circle around and harass the rears and cause terror.

Follow up with varghouls on flanks or center, watch lines collapse, repeat.

Magic, lots and lots of magic.
>>
>>340088857
I mean pretty much any of the currently missing races would be fun, except maybe Chaos Dwarves, fuck chaos dwarves.

Lizardmen would be my number one guess (and wish)
Skaven second
Tomb Kings third, but they might end up kinda like the vamps so, meh
Any of the three elves I guess
Ogres or Chaos Deamons

They could expand upon some of the rather unexplored factions like the humans based on Asian countries or the sea elves
>>
>>340094546
>>340094453
>>340094415
>>340094287

Sounds really micro heavy.

Anyone know how good the higher tier units are like hexwraiths and terrorgeists?
>>
>>340089352
>Druchii are still great
Said noone ever.
>>
>>340095645
Very expensive. Count economy is very bad, so you can't have too many armies on the field. So you have to expand slowly enough to give the economy time to catch up to supply you with another army. Owning about four or five provinces should be enough to support 3 maxed armies, for example.

The units themselves are fine. Although Chaos will plow right over you when they inevitably show up, given how slow the campaign is.
>>
>>340088857
tomb kings would be amazing

Just imaging this thing walking around shooting lasers at your enemies and crushing them
>>
>>340088908

I miss Warhammer online... :(

My swordmaster was so fun.
>>
>>340096708

I loved punting dwarves off of bridges as a chaos chosen, so fun.
>>
WHY ARE THERE NEXT TO NO ACTIVE ABILITIES
>>
ASP. ARROWS.

>>340097409
I've got a Karl Franz with like 7, what are you talking about?
>>
>>340097525
I meant on actual units rather than unique characters
Where my flaming arrows at
>>
Skaven fucking when?
>>
My first campaign was with Vampire Counts, I think they are cool, and i like spread the corruption to all the humans land. You have to use compact farmition, while you support your units with the magic of you general. Varghulf and Vargheist are very strong, lancers are a good base units to fill the space of the grave guards. If you start with Mannfredd you have a Varghulf, is ultra strong.

Vampire counts is a faction that have peculiar gameplay, you don't have to go in conquering spree, but simply spread corruption settlement by settlement, to support growing armies of deads and outnumber the livings!

Kill them, raise them!
>>
tomb kings

I wont even mind paying 40 bucks for it
>>
>>340100852
Don't fucking encourage them.
>>
>>340101098
I would also pay 40$ for Tomb Kings, if that's what it takes to get something that fucking cool added.
>>
>>340094382
>chaos dwarfs and chaos beasts

I'd be happy if they just expanded Chaos.

Give them a bunch of extra units for each god and only allow recruitment of the elite ones if you choose to worship one of them. Give a few bonuses and caveats for choosing a god - more health for infantry but slower speed for cavalry with Nurgle or something - and only allow Undivided armies to use a handful of the lower-tier units from all the gods.

I want Lizardmen and Wood Elves in there as soon as possible but if they're going down the expansion route - which was their original model - then I could see them doing all the Elves in the one and then adding Skaven, Tomb Kings and Lizardmen in the final one. Beastmen and Ogres would probably just get thrown into whatever expansion seems most relevant to them.
>>
>>340094453
It's a shame you can't be more insidious as the Vampires, it would be really cool to have your corruption spreading to adjacent provinces and then have them asking you for confederation.

I picked Orks as my first campaign but got my shit pushed in for a good long while - I had negative income for about 40 turns, at least, but sustained myself on a little raiding.

Other Orks really like you if you're strong and you kill lots of Dwarfs - most of them will confederate with you if you just focus on stunties after you kill the Red Fangs, it's just that most of them will have been crushed by Dwarfs by that time.

I actually ended up confederating with Karak Azul as the Greenskins, somehow.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.