[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Breath of Fire fans hate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: bofd.png (654 KB, 513x640) Image search: [Google]
bofd.png
654 KB, 513x640
Why does Breath of Fire fans hate this game?
>>
>>340084610

Because up to that point the series was built around grinding and Dragon Quarter was not. People who hate Dragon Quarter probably have never played a Romancing Saga game.
>>
>>340084610
its probably one of my favourite turn based rpgs tbqh
>>
Because I'm not a fan of that genre of RPG where the dungeons are randomly generated and you start out as a level 1 every time you enter them.

Is there a name for this genre? Is it roguelite?
>>
Because they are stupid.
It's easily one of the best rpg ever

>>340086564
Except the dungeons aren't randomly generated, are you on drugs?
>>
>>340084610
Because when you fuck up, you might as well restart your game.

Difficulty was retarded.
>>
>>340086704
I only ever played the game one time. I guess I assumed they were generated because the maps were so boring and uninspired.

Also, doesn't this game have some kind of timer? Like you need to beat the game in 25 hours or something.
>>
I loved the design and world of the game, but the D-Counter mechanic gave me anxiety issues desu tbf
>>
>>340086945
The only timer is the dragon bar that augment little by little with time.
It's extremely loose and give you more time than you could ever need

Also you obviously didn't play the game, Dragon Quarter has extremely good world design, the maps are anything but boring and uninspired.
>>
Maybe somebody disliked how you dont kill any gods?
>>
>>340087156
why does nobody like it then?
>>
>>340087407
Lots of people like it, the idiots are just more vocal
>>
>>340084610

I've never played this one. What's it like? Is it fun?
>>
>>340084610
I was 20 hours in and stuck in a position where i couldn't win a battle without dragon mode but i also couldn't use dragon mode without getting a game over. So i never played it again.
>>
>>340087843
I beat the game without using the dragon mode even once (except the final boss of course) and it wasn't even hard, you just suck
Especially later in the game you have tons of options, there is absolutely no reason to get stuck
>>
It was vastly different from the tradition.
Only 3 party members
No dragon/fusion system
No over world exploring
No fishing

It removed a lot of core mechanics and lore that went into the games and most fans believe it's what killed the series. I loved it though, there isn't anything like it and if that's how BoF goes out then I'm fine with that.
>>
It's just a long boring dungeon crawler with shit combat. Also, for some reason they decided you'd only get a fraction of the story unless you replay the game several times.
>>
>>340088021
I was like 10 or 11 when i played this game.
If i went back now i'd probably have no problem but like i said i never wanted to go back. I would rather replay 3.
>>
>>340087156
>Dragon Quarter has extremely good world design, the maps are anything but boring and uninspired.

It's a fucking linear corridor. Maybe it opens up later like FF13 but I never made it that far.
>>
It's a good game but it's an extreme departure from the series roots
>>
>>340088416
Opening up doesn't mean shit, Dragon Quarter is a rpg with dungeons built like a survival horror, everything about the enemy placement, the various routes, etc... is made to always keep the player at bay, the maps are godlike pacing.
It's probably too hard too understand for you but tight clean world design is far more important than just building a large world with nothing in it.
>>
"too much change"
>>
>>340088149
combat's actually pretty good for a turn based jrpg.
movement and position really adds another layer of depth.
>>
It was okay but not what I wanted from a breath of fire game.
>>
>>340088731
>It's probably too hard too understand for you but tight clean world design is far more important than just building a large world with nothing in it.

Yeah good thing the other BoF games had a large world filled with varied and cool locations instead of one long boring linear dungeon then.
>>
They don't want to consider it part of the series because its so different.
Which is fine by me because Breath of Fire games are shit.
>>
>>340084610
Probably because they weren't a fan of how the game outright expected you to game over multiple times in a single playthrough.

That being said, it was pretty fun to just blow through some dragon meter on the laser beam attack.
>>
>read book
>a couple of chapters in
>try to flip page
>pages are stuck together
>in order to unstick the pages you have to restart reading from the beginning
>this continues every couple of chapters for the entire book

what the fuck were they thinking???
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.