[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what the hell happened with Star Fox Zero? everyone says it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: FireYoshiScreens.07.Assault.jpg (630 KB, 1828x1026) Image search: [Google]
FireYoshiScreens.07.Assault.jpg
630 KB, 1828x1026
So what the hell happened with Star Fox Zero? everyone says it flopped and was shit, is this just meme shit? It's hard to believe a modern day star fox game could just outright suck. I mean just make it like N64....but better graphics.

What the fuck happened
>>
>>340077798
They did a complete remake of 64 for 3DS and that didn't sell that well either.
>>
>>340077976
so what the fuck happened? what do people want from SF games
>>
>>340078232
They don't want star fox
>>
>>340078232
They realised that Star Fox games cannot entertain you for a long time and back then you had no better alternatives, basically the gameplay is the problem no matter if it's in original games or not, you just won't be entertained as much as before.
Also post more cropped pictures.
>>
>>340077798
I'm sure there were plenty of people that adapted to the controls and "got gud". Myself on the other hand to ask, why even make the game's controls like that in the first place?

Miyamoto is the embodiment of a hypocrite.
When it is any franchise like Star Fox and F-Zero, he feels that it shouldn't get another game instalment unless it does something radically different from the last games.

Meanwhile, just how different is Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Galaxy 2, and 3D World? People can make the claim that 3D World is shit, I get it, I understand that, but overall the only difference is the games becoming more and more linear. Yet, you don't see Miyamoto saying "I need to drastically change Mario if I wish to continue making games for him."

Miyamoto literally believes "Improvement = Stagnation". That if you are improving on a idea, you are stagnating the idea, EVEN if fans have blatantly said that that is what they want.

He basically takes how much Madden games improve every year, and applies that to ALL franchises. Iwata shouldn't have been the one who died. It should have been Miyamoto.
>>
>>340078975
>Also post more cropped pictures.

second'd
>>
>>340078232
Its simple. Star Fox fans want:
-A fast paced game in the vein of Star Fox 1 and 64.
-Fast on rails action like in Star Fox 1.
-On a console.
-WITHOUT ANY sort of controls gimmick. Just normal controls.
-And a expansion in the Star Fox story lore, not a retelling.

Miyamoto complains that people wouldn't buy it cause there are better games out there. Then make Star Fox the better game. Give a difficulty setting, and make hard one of the hardest on rail shooter games around, like something you would find in a japanese arcade with tons of kids crowding around someone that actually made it to the second level or something. Make Star Fox great again without ruining it.
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (18 KB, 630x322) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
18 KB, 630x322
>>340077798
This man happened.
>>
File: ZeroIsAMess.png (619 KB, 1196x860) Image search: [Google]
ZeroIsAMess.png
619 KB, 1196x860
Zero failed like shit

no reason to pick it up while 643D exists (unless you're interested on Guard)

>>340077976
>that didn't sell that well either.
Nintendo found it as a success and it's nearing million, unlike Zero being under Command sales.

as a matter of fact, 643D was the reason they ever considered touching Star Fox again if it sells. now i'm worried about Zero flopping like shit.

i just want a good Star Fox game again man
>>
>>340077798
>What the fuck happened
People doesnt know the minus button exists.

Seriously, most of the complaints stem from that lack of knowledge.

Outside that, short on content, boring re-used plot, didnt really excel at anything.
>>
can someone post that image detailing Sticker Star's gimping by Miyamoto?
>>
>>340079174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onScwrHP2g0
>>
>>340077798
>What the fuck happened
No Krystal
>>
File: j00987.jpg (136 KB, 971x1000) Image search: [Google]
j00987.jpg
136 KB, 971x1000
That nigga posting otters in the last thread, where the fuck you at homie?

Also VR Star fox when?
>>
File: 1464831569479.jpg (2 MB, 975x1600) Image search: [Google]
1464831569479.jpg
2 MB, 975x1600
>be Miyamoto
>take 64
>take SF2's walker
>ignore 643D's new multiplayer and controls options
>remove and replace a couple of more things from 64
>add useless shit like Gyrowing and a R.O.B. ripoff
>leave out sequel baits and inconsistency on Zero's story on Andross v Pepper
>hold back good shit like Roadmaster and Andross' physical forme on a unlockable model viewer
>make Katt look like Miyu for what reason
>tell PG to paint it in HD
>slap star fox on a certain project that won't sell alone
>forget Giant Robot
>release game with a pile of fuck you and shit
Zero was a big dissapointment
>>
>>340078232
A sequel that's better than (or at least on par with) Star Fox 64.

Apparently, that's too much to ask of Nintendo.
>>
File: Zero Wolf.png (87 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
Zero Wolf.png
87 KB, 255x247
>>340081207
don't forget
>no render or full model of Zero Wolf-y and his teammates
>they're all fucking torsos inside their Wolfens
>>
File: starwolf.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
starwolf.gif
2 MB, 480x270
What Zero did right:
- quality of rails segments
- Star Wolf battles

What Zero did wrong:
- controls, gamepad, etc.
- gyrowing
- walker overuse
- walker controls
- all range mode
- boss battles (being in all range mode)
- all range mode lock on (no laser reticle? really?)
- horribly inaccurate tv screen reticle
- barrel rolls on control stick only
- the way they made their path and unlock system
- only one andross battle
- some levels feel really half-assed
>>
>>340077798
Zero was doomed the minute it was shown off last year.
>>
>>340080529
The guy speaks the truth. Mario Maker and Splatoon succeeded in showing the appeal of the gamepad. Off tv play showed the appeal of the gamepad. Hell, even Pikmin 3's map showed the appeal of the gamepad. Miyamoto really didn't need to make a game entirely dedicated to the gamepad like he did. If Zelda U were to use the gamepad for inventory management, and showing the map as big as if it was full screen, that would be enough, and nobody would complain. The gamepad is a second display, that is how it should be treated mainly.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.