[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam is advertising this to me. Is anyone even playing this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: elderscrolls mmo.png (458 KB, 613x394) Image search: [Google]
elderscrolls mmo.png
458 KB, 613x394
Steam is advertising this to me.

Is anyone even playing this game? I forgot about it an I've assumed it flopped. Shouldn't it be f2p by now?
>>
>The purchase of a Tamriel Unlimited or Tamriel Unlimited Imperial Edition game cannot be combined with any existing Elder Scrolls Online account and must be accessed separately through the Steam client.

what?
>>
>>340074171
It's the same with FF14
>>
>>340073943
Going B2P and the console release saved ESO.
It is actually doing well now.
>>
>>340073943
yes it flopped hard. beta was horrible.

b2p with no sub right now
>>
>>340074171
>>340074323
It just means that the key they will assign you will only activate a new account plus the DLC.

So, if you have an existing account you won't be able to apply the DLC to it as the key also includes a game license.
>>
>>340073943

combat is literally, LITERALLY the worst I've ever experienced in a game

it was offensive
>>
>>340073943
it is a different game now
it is worth it if you buy it with a discount
i have fun playing it every now and then

you can buy it here for like 20$
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html
>>
Its actually pretty decent. Especially since they removed veteran levels.
>>
>>340073943
its more a tes themed mmo than a tes game with multiplayer if you are ok with that
its pretty good now
>>
File: 1400845928218.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1400845928218.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>Game flopped
>But it has MILLIONS of players!
Which is it and why does anyone believe either? Anecdotally I know absolutely no one playing this, yet anyone actively playing it swears on all creation that it is a booming success. This seems to be the typical rhetoric for most failed MMOs, which is understandable from a buyer's remorse standpoint, and it is also understandable that MMO publishers have to put out comically inflated numbers to justify the absurd amount of time and money spent on failed garbage, so I guess none of this is actually a mystery to me but it's still dumbfounding all the same.
>>
such a fuck up

If you're going to invest so much into MMO Elder Scrolls
Why the fuck was this turd so unpolished at release and lacking in basic es factions/activities
This game needed at least 1 more year of serious development and polish before launch
Let's try to do ALL of Tamriel at once bullshit it's quantity over quality fuck you
Also it was programmed by amateurs and the animations are bad you can't do this it's an MMO what the hell

How can you make an Elder Scrolls game so bland and forgettable

Ruined ruined ruined I'm so disappointed senpai
>>
This isn't a good game. It's a fucking carbon copy MMO clone with a Skyrim skin. You can play games like Vindictus, Black Desert Online, Dragon's Dogma Online and fucking Dark Souls that literally blow this turd out of the water.
>>
>>340074598
worse than The Secret World?
>>
i play it every now and then, and there are definetly players in pvp and pve.
>>
>>340073943
Just buy it for 10 dollars on G2A like everyone else and see how shit it is for yourself.
>>
>>340075876
Some people wanted deep down for ESO to fail.
When it didn't they simply chose to ignore that little fact and celebrate anyway.
>>
>>340076673
Except it did fail. Hard.
>>
>>340078040
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about life.

TORtanic was a fun for shitposting and the glee of seeing it fail.
The thing is even that game is still around and turning a profit.

ESO is on its 3rd or 4th add on now with more coming.
>>
The game itself takes 85gb to install and looks worse than vanilla Skyrim
>>
File: 1445133314574.gif (1 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1445133314574.gif
1 MB, 286x258
>>340079092
>devs pushing out mediocre content updates for their garbage game so they don't lose any more of their already paltry playerbase
>I-I-I-I-IT'S A SUCCESS I SWEAR!
>>
File: happy_.png (5 KB, 210x229) Image search: [Google]
happy_.png
5 KB, 210x229
I own this game (imperial edition) but never really played it. Can it be fun solo? From what I remember you can somewhat mix and match your skills? Or at least everyone can heal or something, what would be a fun solo class that's not too limited in its capabilites?
>>
I watched a video of this fat chinese guy playing and he just ran around not really doing anything. The mmo has similar bad animations as the other elder scrolls games which i thought was funny
>>
>>340079092
Steam has it at 4k users. Which is pretty abysmal. Also SWTOR didn't even fail, it's actually quite healthy.
>>
>>340080414
If you have ever played it I think you would agree it was not designed for the PC.

Consoles were always the target.
At the risk of sounding like a Witcherfag claiming everyone is playing on Gog the console numbers are likely much higher.

The PS4 doesn't need whatever their pay to play is called.Zenimax has their own servers and there is no extra cost to play.Xbox still needs a monthly fee.
>>
>>340080414
Steam is like less then 1% population of that game tho.

Most people bought digital copies or hard copy that is not redeemable on steam actually.
>>
>>340079409
I got it gifted last week and played about 10 hours by myself, it's been pretty fun and immersive imo. I think all the classes can get heals. I've been playing the sorcerer, and besides some tough bosses I've never had a big difficulty playing solo.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.