[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't more licensed movie games released lately? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: SOS_game_promo.jpg (86 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
SOS_game_promo.jpg
86 KB, 500x603
Why aren't more licensed movie games released lately?
It was a huge trend back in the 90's/early 00's.
I recall playing stuff like Harry Potter, LOTR, The Phantom Menace, Hercules, A Bug's Life, Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, The Mummy...
Some of them were at least decent and I suppose they made easy money.

Also, let's settle this thing. Which pic related version was the best? PSX master race reporting in.
>>
File: Star_Trek_Game_cover.jpg (63 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_Game_cover.jpg
63 KB, 300x370
Because they became awful
>>
>>340073013
Weren't they always shit, but have become better recently?
>>
PSX for 1
PS2 for 2 and 3

tfw 2 and 3 can't be emulated nor played on modded ps2

Should I just buy them again?
>>
>>340073794
>tfw 2 and 3 can't be emulated nor played on modded ps2
Really? How it is so? There is no patch or something? Good thing I still keep my PS2's HP3 though.
>>
File: X-Menoriginsvideo_game.jpg (22 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
X-Menoriginsvideo_game.jpg
22 KB, 256x317
This was the last one I played
>>
File: spiderman_2-1707063.jpg (77 KB, 580x809) Image search: [Google]
spiderman_2-1707063.jpg
77 KB, 580x809
>>
>>340073980
Nothing at all, EA somehow managed to make them too safe. They were so comfy, I still remember getting both for christmas
>>
They just make F2P mobile / Facebook games these days.
>>
File: 514FZMPR0XL.jpg (50 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
514FZMPR0XL.jpg
50 KB, 353x500
this was the shit back in the day, fun co-op
>>
>>340074831
It's the GameCube Hp2 version identical to the PS2 one? I have a modded Wii so may be I could run it.
>>
>>340075967
PS2 version gave you more freedom letting you land with your broom wherever you wanted, other than this they should be the same I think
>>
File: King-kong.jpg (43 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
King-kong.jpg
43 KB, 256x361
>>340072734
Had this on gamecube, really good game.
>>
>>340072734
Vidya is a lot more expensive to develop these days if you want to make something that'll sell well. A lot of these licence games were made by small teams back in the day which isn't nearly as viable these days, especially if you have a set deadline to release a game in time for a movie.

Also the reason why there's a shit ton of lego licenced games now instead of anything else, they're really easy to make.
>>
They stopped selling/weren't profitable enough to produce.
And this >>340077807
>>
>>340077807
Seems quite plausible. I buy that.
>>
>>340074915
I can imagine a HP app where yo touch the screen in certain patterns to make spells and potions.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.