[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
xbox.com/scorpio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Microsoft-Xbox-NousTestons.jpg (23 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft-Xbox-NousTestons.jpg
23 KB, 900x450
it's real!

ms is back boys. all hail xbox.
>>
>No advantages over its predecessor
>No reason to exist, there's no change in graphics capability
>Not even a logical end to this console generation
>Microsoft won't save shit

Why is this even happening?
>>
>>340049303
fps improvement in existing games maybe. There wont be graphical improvement like xbox 360 vs xbox one over GTA 5 , but I bet Halo 5 for example might get better fps.

Who knows, if enough people pressure, maybe they could add split screen option for the owners of this console?
>>
>>340049303

All those apply to the neo
>>
>>340049303

Wrong right off the bat, try harder next time
>>
>>340048686
Fake
>>
>>340049595
It can't have better gfx because devs will continue to make games that will sell for both consoles well, they don't want to make game that will sell only for newer version.
>>
>>340049543
>>340049708

How?
>>
>>340049754
If it's the new 4k xbox, then it obviously has more gpu power. The games will stay the same but they will gain better frame rate and run more stable.
>>
>>340049729
>It can't have better gfx because devs will continue to make games that will sell for both consoles well, they don't want to make game that will sell only for newer version.

Are you retarded? They will do what they want. Just like they promised 1080p 60 fps and then immediately ran to 20-30 fps just to push visuals.

Just like sony put paid online and they accepted

They will say the newer model gets better graphics and the older one doesn't and fanboys will eat it up. Why?

Because both sony and ms will be trying to 1up each other on graphics and fanboys don't want to lose.
>>
>>340049708

>Oh look we added a processor and Oculus support
>Gibbe monee please Xbox is worth it now despite having changed 1%

Are you retarded son?
>>
>>340050030

So there's absolutely no reason to rebuy one is what I'm reading.
>>
>>340049729
It's pretty easy for a dev to have graphic options tied to a console.
>>
>>340049708

>xbox 360 is a console
>xbox one is a console

No advantages found.
>>
>>340050207
If this is the 4k xbox, then yes it's worth it because frame rate will be better

>>340050116
That's different thing, because that time there weren't 2 consoles on the 1 platform. The implications that sony and m$ are making are huge, there will be more powerful GPU on one box than the other, vastly more powerful. It's more like do you want a game to look good on newer HW just for it to run 15-20 fps (not 30) on older HW, or do you make game that runs 30 on older and 50-60 on newer? You can't make 2 games, so they will make a game that sells to both consoles, to maximize the amount of potential customers. They know not everyone will throw their existing PS4 to trash and replace it with PS4k, so there's huge market if you cater to both.
>>
>>340049708
>$0.50 has been added into your Microsoft account.
>>
>>340050926
How many rupees is that?
>>
>>340051131
Probably one million
>>
>>340048686
They already said there's 2 models coming out the slim one which is this and a more powerful one later this year
>>
>>340050547
>You can't make 2 games

Why is it making 2 games? Changing graphics is easy just like on pc.

They will make the new one on 30fps the old one 30fps. New one with better visuals

Devs and sony/ms know they can do 30 fps and get away with it. No fanboy will complain.

If you think for a second they won't advertise their new systems using better graphics you are delusional as fuck.
>>
>>340050121

>despite having changed 1%

Rumors indicate it's 4X more powerful than the current Xbox One
>>
>>340051604
Time will tell, it will be the first time actually since they will be similar platform yet different HW. This is not like the PS3 / PS4 getting game game (like Gran Turismo 6), even then people would say "this is no true PS4 game, it's being held back by PS3". Apparently GTA5 had different versions for different platforms, meaning PS3 version was different from PS4 version and PC version was different from PS4 version. I don't think they can't make same kind of thing with PS4 / PS4k
>>
>>340050030
Do you actually believe this refresh of consoles will play AAA games at 4K? Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>340052006
>Time will tell

I can agree with this. Though I don't trust them to care about 60 fps. You can't market 60 fps. You can however market better looking games at 30 fps especially when they look better than the competitor's. They can hit 60 fps right now if they wanted too.

Launch shit yes I don't think they will instantly make better looking games in order to keep the peace and avoid angering people and bad pr. But 6 months-one year after launch they will start doing it.

And everyone (fanboys) will say it's okay.

I don't see why you think graphic settings won't work. These consoles are basically running on pc hardware. Just tone down a few settings and make two presets. For devs it's easy to do this since it just involves stripping down layers of lighting and visuals and draw distance.
>>
>>340048686
Microsoft shouldn't release an upgraded Xbox One, they should just release a whole new console. The Xbox brand has been hurt by the One and the Xbone will be 4 years old roughly by the time Scorpio releases.

It should just be a 9th gen console with 100% Xbone BC, and possibly improved 360 BC since it'll have more power.
>>
>>340048686
According to Forbes, they want it to be a new console, not a step-up like the PS4.5

Supposedly, it's going to have VR support with the Rift at least, which should be cool.

Microsoft has changed a lot over the last few years, so I'm actually kind of curious what they'll do with it to merge it into the PC world. Native keyboard/mouse support maybe, essentially a living room PC?
>>
>Resolution, FPS and console power don't matter anymore
>It's all been about whatever had enough paid reviews on metacritic
>Brand name is more important to the people than console power

It's like I'm really posting on neogaf!
>>
>>340048686
That thing is even uglier than the original Xbone.
>>
>>340052734
It's going to be like Steam boxes, Xbox itself will be an app on Windows and Xbox scorpio. It'll be upgradeable and modify able. Essentially a couch gaming PC.
>>
>>340050030
>cant even reach 1080p even though thats what was wanted since 360
>will somehow do 4k
>>
>>340052858
>Will still need a dongle to do wireless
>>
>Incremental yearly updates like smartphones instead of console gens
>older consoles will be able to play new games but with poorer performance
>forced firmware update will make the OS lag on older models forcing users to buy the latest hardware like what apple does to iPhones
This is the future
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-05+at+05.11.29).jpg (314 KB, 1512x735) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-05+at+05.11.29).jpg
314 KB, 1512x735
>>
>>340052858
That would be fantastic.

I have absolutely no issue with this.
>>
>>340052858

Pretty much this.
We're probably gonna get new console refreshes every year. MS will probably release a pre-packaged yearly edition for the casuals... and have an Elite Xbox that you can upgrade whenever.
>>
>>340052858

It won't.

MS wants a console that only allows their marketplace otherwise why make a console? Why would they want steam cutting into their sales?

Both sony and ms will also never ever give up paid online. They need closed off drm environments to maintain it. So it will be a modified console windows os.

They could however make it modular. And that would be interesting to see. But modular in the sense that you take it to their shop and someone uses special tools to open it and upgrade the parts. That's as far as they would go.
>>
>>340053048
...humanity chose
>>
File: thor-heimdall-970x0.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1100) Image search: [Google]
thor-heimdall-970x0.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1100
>>340054128

What you fail to understand is that the Xbox division is chump change for Microsoft, they get a few billion at most. They mainly keep it around for recognition and cultural impact from Halo.

Microsoft is more interested in getting people on board with Windows 10. Ever noticed how in the past year they've been making updates to where you can connect your Xbox to your PC? Notice how they're trying to get Sony onboard with cross platform multiplayer? Notice how they're integrating Windows 10 with Xbox?

Keep in mind their shareholders want the Xbox division gone, but MS knows they can't abandon the industry. I truly believe they're going to give the reigns to Valve to lead PC gaming and bring consoles into that ecosystem.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIwAl42ghY
>>
>>340048686
Microsoft please just
>>
>>340048686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66mawPFdFm8
>>
It's like /v/ forgot Sony and Microsoft like to release slim versions of their consoles halfway through their life cycle
>>
File: 56138574.png (432 KB, 641x475) Image search: [Google]
56138574.png
432 KB, 641x475
>>340051131
>>340051341
>>
>>340052535
They need VR support, I don't know about how good whatever will run, but they will have some VR support , thus more power
>>
>>340050926
>1 peso has been added to your Sony account
>>
>>340054707

Sony also let their ps4 connect/stream to the pc and also cross plat with pc on certain games. Doesn't meant they're dumping everything there.

I already considered that possibility of windows 10 outweighing it but they definitely want a piece of the console space out there that they fully control in terms of os and hardware.

Their console would just be on of the many devices for windows 10. If steam is on the next xbox with a full fledged windows 10 then I will concede the argument to you. If it's a custom windows 10 that is limited only to their marketplace then you were clearly wrong.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.