[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be possible to make a game featuring this hero? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: Daredevil_Final_Poster.png (669 KB, 568x810) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil_Final_Poster.png
669 KB, 568x810
Would it be possible to make a game featuring this hero?

What would it play like?
>>
In Game Gameplay.
>>
>>340042421
Like the Arkham Batman games I guess
>>
>>340042970
Nah it would work better as a Ninja Gaiden type game, goes better with DD's fighting style
>>
>>340042421
>>340042970
But with some shitty filter that makes everything look gray and reddish to simulate the blindness or something.
>>
Matt Murdock Ace Attorney when?
>>
>>340043110
In other words detective mode
>>
>>340043110
I guess if they kept to the color palette the show uses (green, dark) it'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>340043110
Nah, that would be his detective vision type deal.
>>
>>340042421
I'd rather have a qt flash game that lets me literally run at the speed of light.
>>
>game looks normal because the player is his hearing vision
>>
The show was good,specially compared to other capeshit shows.
I like Flash much more but damn his tv show sucked balls
>>
File: 1464680706576.jpg (554 KB, 1115x973) Image search: [Google]
1464680706576.jpg
554 KB, 1115x973
>>340042421
Tried watching the first episode of this, complete shit. Does it get better?
>>
>>340042421

Possible yes, but it would just be a standard 3rd person brawler ala Batman Arkham.

The whole blindness thing would get glanced over almost entirely, and Murdock's double life as a Lawyer would also most likely be absent.

Daredevil is kind of a 2 bit hero to begin with. His schtick doesn't really work in film, but it kind of works in a TV show format because he isn't grossly overpowered and has some intricacies you can explore in more detail.

Basically you'd get a shitty game.
>>
>>340042421
Man the Netflix series is fucking awful. Besides the daredevil moments, this show has nothing going for it.

>Matt fucking never doing his job
>Foggy literally doing all the work
>Karen breaking into houses all the time and doing their job for them with little motivation to do so
>Matt acting like an asshole to his friends 80%of the time
>That forced Matt x Karen relationship

At least the punisher is good and Electra is hot
>>
>>340043270
Look up old sonic games.
>>
>>340043584
Yes
>>
>>340043110
or just make it third person
>>
>>340043679
That's the second season you're talking about. 1st was god tier but the 2nd is meh at best.
>>
>>340043679
Second season weren't as good as the first one.

All Wilson Fisk and Punisher-scenes are fucking gold though.
>>
>>340043110
Having an high contrast cell shaded artstyle with simply solid blocks of black, white and red would be amazing for Daredevil.

Sort of like MadWorld, but more black than white.
>>
>>340043584
>>340043709
Over all? No.

Everyone jizzes their pants over any new TV show that comes out. They're all schlock. Forced romances, forced drama (Matt basically only does Daredevil stuff and never does Lawyer stuff, up to and including throwing his best friend and business partner under the bus -multiple times- for the sake of drama)

>>340043679
Thats the problem, there was like 5 good episodes in S2 of Daredevil, and they had nothing to do with Daredevil, it was all about Frank.

So is it worth watching the rest of the shit for 5 good episodes? Fucking no.
>>
>>340043831
I thought Bernthal will be a shit punisher but he's actually pretty good. I still prefer Thomas Jane.
>>
>>340043693
not fast enough
>>
>>340043903
There's no super hero shows of the same caliber tbqh
>>
>>340042421
yes, if they make it like Batman: Arkham City
>>
>>340044127
probably because they are all shit.
>>
File: 12.jpg (3 MB, 1500x2306) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
3 MB, 1500x2306
where's my moon knight video game?
>>
>>340044901
>moon knight
>marketable
>>
>>340044901
Isn't he just batshit insane?
>>
I'd like to see him do the whole "blind vision" thing from the Batfleck movies, but the entire scene is distorted and he sees things as caricatures of what is actually there.
And then, later on, the game will show you how you actually fought the enemies.
>>
>>340044975
Marketable=/= interesting.
>>
>>340043785
Just like Flash.
>>
>>340044901
my dude can you give me some summary who this nigga is
>>
File: 12.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2306) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2306
>>340044975
They could at least try. I think it might work if they play the psychotic card full on, which is what they're doing with his new arc.

>>340045024
Maybe.
>>
>>340045487
Like Batman but somehow even more of a basketcase
>>
File: 30.jpg (4 MB, 2400x1845) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
4 MB, 2400x1845
>>340045487
A mercenary brought back from death by an Egyptian god called Khonsu assumes the role of protecting the passengers of the Night. Marvel's Batman on coke.
>>
File: Daredevil.jpg (102 KB, 973x673) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.jpg
102 KB, 973x673
Senses
>When you make sound it echos and "lights up" the surroundings. There would be a button dedicated to making a sound, like snapping your fingers, or something like that, so you can echolocate
>Things like heartbeats and voices light up the environment a different color than mechanical sounds, allowing you to detect life through walls and even in very noisy areasy
>Smells are represented via a symbol in your HUD that becomes more or less vibrant depending on how strong the smell is. Recognized smells like "trash" or "blood" would have a name to go with the symbol, so you could recognize it easier, but the symbols would be colored and distinct enough to where you could recognize them at a glance after enough play. Multiple scents at once would be overlapped and translucent, meaning you'd have to separate the symbols in your mind and work out what you're "smelling".
>Wind direction and speed (essential for scent tracking) would be visualized via particles. It would look almost like a light sand storm, allowing you to see the direction, even in a mild breeze.
>You could also detect air pressure this way, as the denser the particles, the more pressurized the air. The particles would be colored differently than normal surroundings, so that they never obscure your "vision".
>There would be a button to reach out and touch objects. This would allow you to detect the matter with a symbol system just like smell. Different matter would have different properties, and you could sometimes use that. Your feet would always be detecting the matter beneath you so long as you are standing.
>You would also have a temp gauge to feel the heat of the surroundings

Gameplay
>Game would play similar to the Arkham games but would be more involved in terms of dodging and countering. Perhaps directional dodges or something like that.
>You would be able to use your gadgets in combat, like your billy club and grapling hook.
>Parcor would be essential to moving around Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>340045670
>>340045878
is he cooler than bamtan?
>>
>>340046015
It could do pretty well as a Splinter Cell sort of stealth game that would also have some action and fighting.
>>
Wilson Fisk, the fucking ninjas and The Punisher were 10/10 in this show.
>>
File: 24&25.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
24&25.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>340046127
Rides a white limo controlled by an AI, has an aircraft in the shape of a crescent moon, wears white so his enemies can see him coming and then he just cuts their faces off. I mean, Batman probably would kick his ass in a fight but he's not a wuss.
>>
File: Barebezel.jpg (241 KB, 600x915) Image search: [Google]
Barebezel.jpg
241 KB, 600x915
Well, in my opinion, there's only two ways to do it: by using the blindness or not.

If they don't use the blindness and just make it a regular game, it'd miss the point and might as well not exist.

If they do use it it'd basically have to be some kind of weird system where you can't see anything but black, and sound sources show up white, and emit sounds that bounce off the environment and reveal the outlines of objects and surfaces.

It's a mechanic that has been done in varying degrees before, but as far as I know hasn't been the main mechanic in an action game. But a AAA game would never in a million years have gameplay that experimental and unique.
>>
>>340043679

i really liked season 1 (carried by Fisk and Wesley, imo) but season 2 dropped the ball.

season 2 was really good when it was about Frank but when Elektra got introduced and it was all about the dumb ninjas I was about ready to drop that shit
>>
>>340043081
This. Make it a third person action hack n slash game with missions. Basically make it like a mix of NG and THQs The Punisher.
>>
What I dont get is Daredevil is a shit comic book and a terrible character in general but this show is really good. The definately spun straw into gold with this show.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.