[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Y'all niggas ready for Battlefront 3? http://www.gamesp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 3073396-galaxy.jpg (33 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
3073396-galaxy.jpg
33 KB, 500x402
Y'all niggas ready for Battlefront 3?
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-3-fan-remake-devs-say-its-be/1100-6440474/
>>
I'm ready for a cease and desist
>>
>>340037440

I am unbelievably hyped, and I haven't been hyped for a game enough to buy it for fucking years, why isn't it up on the store yet. I checked again like 15 minutes ago and it's not there.

So is this a full remake using assets of that beta that was released a few months back? Do they have the source code? Or are they just faithfully finishing off what was left unfinished?
>>340037584

I'm ready for the torrent to go up.
>>
>>340037440
they really really need to strip this game to bare models, change all the carhacter names etc.

and release it as shitware on steam.

then make a mod for it, putting all the starwars textures/names on...

that way EA can't do shit.

It's just fan-made mod.. to a bare bones barely functioning game.
>>
>>340040889
>that way EA can't do shit.
no they could still sue the people making the mod, or the game creators for having intentionally made a vehicle for violating copyright, which their current game makes clear is the intent
>>
>>340038951
They're making it from scratch to cover all their legal bases
>>
>>340040889

Fuck that is a good idea, someone should get in contact with the devs and tell them to do this as a backup plan in case Disney or EA intervenes.

>>340040995

Tons of people have made Star Wars mods for other games, and are currently making more too. Like the multiple Star Wars mods for Men of War.
>>
>>340041079
>>340040889
>>340041075
Here's the thing.
EA will feel threatened by this game. They KNOW it will have an affect on not only Battlefront sales, but also the inevitable Battlefront 2 sales.
No one on PC will want their shitty CODified abortion of a Battlefront game if an honest to god Battlefront 3 is available, especially for free.
>>
>>340041079
>Tons of people have made Star Wars mods for other games
and they could all go away the moment the copyright holder wants them to.

that they haven't doesn't mean they cannot.
>>
>>340037440
>http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-3-fan-remake-devs-say-its-be/1100-6440474/
>star-wars-battlefront-3-fan-remake-devs-say-its-be
>star-wars-battlefront-3-fan-remake-devs-don't-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do
>>
>>340041271
If they do get thrown with a C&D all they have to do is replace all traces of star wars with generic space stuff and EA wouldn't be able to touch them, situations like this have happened several times in the past
>>
>>340037440
Gabe Newell here for this one and only post, not that any of you guys will believe me. I just want to start a lawsuit with EA, I've got plans and my balls are itching.
>>
never gonna happen
>>
>Since Galaxy in Turmoil will make use of the Star Wars IP, and is unlicensed, you might be wondering if Disney will come forward to shut it down, even though Frontwire won't charge for it. Romanelli shares some of those concerns, but he isn't overly worried, it sounds like.

This is why you need businessmen and not just artists in your development team. What an idiot. This will be shut down. I guarantee it.
>>
>>340041385
>If they do get thrown with a C&D all they have to do is replace all traces of star wars with generic space stuff
which means replacing all the stolen assets they are currently using. More or less starting from scratch.

and the fact they are using stolen assets means EA could force a destruction of them.
>>
>>340040889

Of course they fucking can, not only could EA sue the shit out of them, so could Disney.
>>
>>340041385

>all they have to do is replace all traces of star wars with generic space stuff

That's literally years of fucking work.
>>
>>340041579
Fuck Disney. It's their fucking fault for giving EA the keys.
>>
>>340037440
>EA & disney gang up to sue them
>they remove it from steam or just don't upload it
>1 week later you can found the game on pirate bay and other torrent website upload by different accounts

lawers status = rustled
>>
>>340041814

EA already had the keys prior to Disney acquiring Lucas Film.

Not that it really matters, they're all fucking terrible companies.
>>
>>340041878

Torrents aren't anonymous, EA/Disney would have no trouble making individuals legally accountable for it's distribution.

Plenty of people have been sued for piracy.
>>
File: swbf.png (42 KB, 899x422) Image search: [Google]
swbf.png
42 KB, 899x422
>https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/4mi2k1/star_wars_battlefront_3_fan_remake_devs_say_its/d3vsfa8
>>
>>340043003
I hope they are not paying those lawyers because they are fucked
>>
>>340043003

I don't believe for a minute they've sought anything in the way of legal counsel because they're flat out wrong.

The four fair use defenses they're referring to are if the product is for profit (this is THE only defense they have) the type of copyright that Disney has (which very much allows them to squash shit like this), the quantity of copyright material they're using in their production (in this case it's 100%, and in some cases directly stolen) and if their product could be deemed as competition by being released in the same market. (Again, they're releasing a game that is extremely similar to the copyrighted material)

So not only are they not covered under "fair use", they're going to get their shit pushed in hard because of it, and they're sure as fuck not a "pardoy".

Not to mention Disney HAVE sent out a bunch of cease and desists as well as suing small independent productions.

These guys are fucking idiots, they're going to get their shit slapped something fierce.
>>
I'll definitely download it if it does come out.
>>
>>340041567
but they arent using stolen assets, its 100% made from scratch

>>340041654
years or decades its what the devs said they would do so they must have confidence
>>
File: 1461470301434.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1461470301434.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>EA buys Pandemic who made BF1 and 2
>Kills them off years later
>Disney partners with EA to make Star Wars games
>All the people who made good star wars games dont have jobs anymore
>EA, being incompetent and foolish uses their menagerie of cucks AKA DICE to make the game
>they make it so its nothing the old games, make it a first-person centered shitfest with fucking vehicle PICKUPS instead of actual vehicles (why??)

EA is big fat mess. A trainwreck.
>>
>>340037440
Disney will shut it donw.
>>
>>340040889
Who would they sue?

The mod that's released anonymosly for free?

or the releaseer of a barely functioning game with palce holder models everywhere and nothing related to star-wars?
>>
>>340046932
>>340040995

^^
>>
File: disgusting.png (270 KB, 458x593) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
270 KB, 458x593
>>340037440
This is literally never going to come out
>>
>>340043694
>
The four fair use defenses they're referring to are if the product is for profit (this is THE only defense they have) the type of copyright that Disney has (which very much allows them to squash shit like this), the quantity of copyright material they're using in their production (in this case it's 100%, and in some cases directly stolen) and if their product could be deemed as competition by being released in the same market. (Again, they're releasing a game that is extremely similar to the copyrighted material)

That's not entirely correct but you still know more about copyright law then anybody else i've seen on /v/ which is pretty sad.

I do agree they without a doubt don't fall under fair use though, and even if they did, it wouldn't matter when you are dealing with disney
>>
>>340040889
EA probably won't, Disney will. Going against the company that pretty much created modern copyright system isn't a smart idea.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.