[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Crash Bandicoot was an average series of platformers, you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 305.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
>Crash Bandicoot was an average series of platformers, you're just blinded by nostalgia
>Uncharted and TLOU are so much better and are not at all generic and monotonous. They're just masterpieces :)
>>
I was a much bigger fan of the other 3D platformers of the day than Crash, but I'd still take Crash in a heartbeat over more fucking Uncharted. I felt like a prank had been pulled on me when I played 2 after hearing all the talk about it being the best game of the generation and shit.
>>
>>340026889
Uncharted 2 is probably the best one the series, but that really isn't saying much considering each game is practically identical to the last which is evidence with the trophy lists which are EXACTLY the same across all games barring 4 and that card game on the Vita.

The fact that people elevate such amateurish writing and average third person cover based shooting gameplay above others just reeks of PR brainwashing. Seriously, count the number of Uncharted fans who actually talk about the games themselves and how they play. It's something you never see and just leads me to believe that they haven't gone through the tedium of actually playing them.
>>
>>340026657
I'm not sure if fans would even say Crash Bandicoot is the #1 platforming game to ever exist. Crash 2 and 3 are automatically ruled out since only Crash 1 went full platforming gameplay. That and I don't think Crash fans would throw Spyro games under the bus like that.
>>
>>340026657
>Uncharted and TLOU are so much better

Nope. They're just Sony exclusives and therefore automatically worshipped and self-marketed by /V/
>>
>>340028746
But so were Crash Bandicoot games before the IP was sold off. What's your point?
>>
>>340026657
Everyone knows crash, jak, uncharted and tlou are all good so why are you so autistic about it
>>
>>340028719
>That and I don't think Crash fans would throw Spyro games under the bus like that.

In what part of that post did I throw Spyro fans under the bus? I love Spyro as well, probably more than Crash.
>>
>>340026657
What if I said I think Naughty Dog were always overrated developers of mediocre games?
>>
>>340031283
At least you're consistent.
>>
>>340028527
people parrelel it to the tomb raider games, but that ridiculous. The only vague similarity that can be drawn is the fact that you jump around some stuff in ruins. Tomb Raider was always a systematic plat former where you would solve areas utilizing what you know about the game mechanics (judging distances, looking for pushables/climbables, etc). Uncharted is a bunch of pre-scripted areas that only work because it was randomly decided that that's how you'd do it. Nathan doesn't have an actual jump height (he hops like an out-of-shape faggot when you just press the jump button) and half the time they reuse the meshes for grabables for general scenery. So instead of having a puzzle to solve you just have to play the guessing game of "what scripted climbing scene did the developers make that I have to find and press x a bunch of times for?"

I came in wanting to like the series, but its just no good. The shooting is horrible (why the fuck does nathan aim the gun at such a weird angle? it drives me fucking nuts). Tomb Raider's shooting wasnt perfect but it was fairly minimal and featured some aerobatic abilities to spice things up. Also no 2 weapon limit faggotry.

I regret buying the collection and I'm not gonna buy 4.
>>
>>340032803
no people compare uncharted to the newest tomb raiders.
those are actually rather close to uncharted and nothing like the old tomb raider games.
>>
All Haughty Cock games are terrible.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.