[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only bad Call of Duty games were Ghosts and MW3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: unpopular_opinion.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
unpopular_opinion.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
The only bad Call of Duty games were Ghosts and MW3
>>
Why do people hate Ghosts, again?
>>
Final Fantasy IV, VII and Tactics have horribly flawed stories that ruin the serious atmosphere they're trying to convey.

Final Fantasy VI, VIII and X also have dumb stories, but at least have decent gameplay and characters to make up for it.

Final Fantasy Theathrythm and Curtain Call are the best games in the series.
>>
Skyward Sword and Zelda II are better than ALttP, albeit slightly.
>>
Uncharted 4 is goty
>>
>>340017174
Mw3 was a good game, but I agree with the Ghosts part.
>>
File: thumbs_way_up.gif (3 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_way_up.gif
3 MB, 500x390
>>340017832

I agree. Add Zelda 1 to that as well.
>>
GTA games are some of the shittiest games out there. The Rockstar fanbase is incredibly stupid. Every GTA game is just a rehash basically, it's just driving around and shooting people time number 87. It's so boring. I don't know why more people don't criticize these shitty games and their idiot fanbase.
>>
>>340018437

I probably would if I played them, but that would require me to play them and I really, really don't want to.
>>
Open world games are incredibly boring and so fucking bland it amazes me how people like the genre so much, you just wander around hoping to find something interesting to do, sure the role playing aspect of it can be fun, like going with a Lizard Wizard or only using shotguns, but at the end it's just like playing a regular game where you can chose your class at the start, killing random civilians and stealing from people is only fun for 2-3 hours~ and after that you are left with a world with nothing that feels rewarding to do or explore, just play a game were you have a well made world that's worth exploring even if it's 1/8th of the open world's size, it will probably end up being more enjoyable and fun to do.
>>
>>340019375

Open world isn't even a genre. Its just a term for a game which allows you to explore freely. But like anything in the world, 90% of them are bad. Someone who likes open world games doesn't like every single one. I love an open world when its done right (Dragon Quest, RDR, etc). But when its done poorly (Elder Scrolls, Modern Zelda), its like pulling teeth.
>>
Invisible War was better than Human Revolution. They both distilled the plot of Deus Ex down to >muh transhumanism, and Invisible War handled the subject better.
>>
I think that Tom Clancys The Division is fun.
>>
File: 1387796743765.jpg (19 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1387796743765.jpg
19 KB, 500x281
>>340017174
Nah, all CoDs MW2 and above are shit
MW2 was the point where instead of trying to improve on the formula they just shit all over it and repeated it for the next few years
>>
File: L O L.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
L O L.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>340017517
>8 has good characters and gameplay
>>
>>340017174
4 was actually a really fucking good game.

It just suffered the same way Gears of War did in being copied endlessly until it seemed boring and bad in retrospect.
>>
>>340017174
I enjoyed mgs5
>>
>>340023431
I actually preferred 4&waw than mw2
>>
i enjoy video games some times
>>
File: halo and v poll.png (780 KB, 1028x576) Image search: [Google]
halo and v poll.png
780 KB, 1028x576
Halo was never good.
>>
>>340024537
They're alright games. They're tight and they control well but they're also shallow and fairly unbalanced. The only reason they catch hate is because the series has dragged down modern FPS games and the bulk of the fanbase doesn't really realize it's a crazy shallow game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8y_rQ7aew

Also on an unrelated note Metroid 1 and 2 are unplayable. They were probably just too ambitious for their time but when you compare 1 and 2 to even Other M they looks like shit in comparison.
>>
Dark Messiah of M&M was dogshit.
>>
>>340026169
Halo 2 and 3 had a lot of RNG in the multiplayer, more so with 2. The bulk of the firefights would be two people with spammy guns mag dumping on each other and then spamming the melee button and thanks to the lunge mechanic some people would get a giant lunge while others got nothing, resulting in their death.

Halo probably is the console shooter with the most depth but it's still a pretty fucked series.
>>
I'd rather play a story driven single player game than anything multiplayer
>>
World of Warcraft was never good.
>>
>>340026713
Awesome man, I got the perfect site for you:
http://www.youtube.com
>>
>>340025904
It wasn't completely shit, and the core gameplay itself was really competent and awesome. It just gets super repetitive and the story shits itself violently.

>>340026713
That's more personal preference than anything.
>>
>>340026713
Just like read a book
>>
File: paqueman.gif (23 KB, 331x232) Image search: [Google]
paqueman.gif
23 KB, 331x232
I'm overall happy with Blizzard
>>
>>340017174
I fucking love CS:GO and consider it one of the better shooters on the market. It's far from a perfect game but the majority of the criticism /v/ lobs at the game is pretty invalid.
>>
File: frodo.png (325 KB, 560x559) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
325 KB, 560x559
>>340026826
>>340026927
Why?

What do you get out of this?
>>
>>340027412
A story
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.