[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the medium of videogames peaked with Bloodborne? Nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 1533513122191166759.jpg (67 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1533513122191166759.jpg
67 KB, 800x450
Has the medium of videogames peaked with Bloodborne?

Nothing before it was nearly as good and nothing since has been nearly as good.

I'm 30 years old and have been playing games since the early 90s. I remember SNES launch day. I remember running home from school to play MK2 on SNES. I remember playing Mario 64 at launch.

Literally nothing in the medium has ever been nearly as good of a complete package as Bloodborne. The atmosphere. The lore. The weapons. The level design. The bosses. It's all top tier.
>>
File: bloodborne downgrade.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne downgrade.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2160
Name a more overhyped Playstation game than Bloodbore.
Oh wait, it's the only game.

Now watch as the Sonyggers proceed to flay me alive for my opinion and demand I post a timestamped picture of me owning the game and various other shitposts. Like fucking clockwork, you virgins.
>>
If by complete you mean with the inclusion of the Old Hunters, then sure.
>>
>>340015825
It's an average game deal with it just because your opinion of the game is high doesn't mean it is anything super impressive.
>>
>>340015825
The medium of videgames peaked in 2004. You're either underage or just another shitposter. Might as well be the same thing.
>>
>>340016084
>>340016242
PCucks detected.

I'm sorry you guys didn't get to play it, and will never in your life get to play it.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 591x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 591x600
>>340016084
I like how people complain about a fault in Bloodborne and then when someone corrects them they count that as sonnygers flailing on them. Like you have nothing better to do than insult someone and them use the fact that they answered you as if they're rabid dogs.
>>
>>340016394
Well, guess that guy was right.
>>
The game is a good 8.5/10 but it can hardly be called the best game ever, some of the reasons arent even its fault desu. Being bogged down by shitty ps4 hardware means it was never going to be the best game. I remember at launch those 40 second load times and people unironically said there was nothing wrong with them.

Sonypony fanbois really are the worst
>>
File: morrowind-cover.jpg (109 KB, 640x909) Image search: [Google]
morrowind-cover.jpg
109 KB, 640x909
>>340015825
Gaming has already peaked with Morrowind I don't think anything will surpass it in quality.
>>
>>340016084

Is that suppoae to be Cainhurst in the distance?
>>
Too much blood gone to your head?
Yes, this game is great.
So are a thousand other games.
>>
File: 1464907734853.png (528 KB, 1044x952) Image search: [Google]
1464907734853.png
528 KB, 1044x952
You forgot to start your post in 'in my opinion'. Don't worry, OP, a lot of people here make the same mistake.
>>
>>340016394
oh boy, sonyggers at it again. It's average. No amount of projecting is going to change that anon, sorry.
>>
>>340015825
Funny because its actually incomplete as a package. It had less content than it's predecessors and the weapon quality was ass for half the roster despite having less. And there are several throwaway bosses just like previous games.

Not to mention DLC automatically makes it lesser than earlier era games. To even claim a game is a complete package when it had mandatory DLC is absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>340016394
Wow he called it and they did deliver for sure. Sorry ass sony fanboys. Every single time.
>>
>>340015825
this is genuinely the reason no one takes bb shill threads seriously anymore, they've become incredibly lazy.

As a person who has come to like bloodborne, after the dlc, and only after it.

I'd argue that there is far too much dull and uninteresting content in terms of areas and bosses in the main game

Forbidden woods, shadows, byrgenwerth, rom, yahar'gul, the one reborn, lecture building, frontier, amygdala, mensis, micolash, wet nurse, upper cathedral ward, celestial emissary, cainhurst, hemwick charnel lane, the witches all have either disappointing encounter, level or boss design,

Yahar'gul is packed full of tedious and annoying mobs, the one reborn, rom, the witches, micolash are some the worst bosses in soulsborne, upper cathedral ward is disappointingly short.

There's just so many little things that make it worse off, like the blood vial system requiring you grind echoes or vials the first time you play (and therefore the most important time, blood vials as a system absolutely destroy the pacing of bloodborne, and are absolutely an inferior system to estus, in every way other than application, even then, they are somewhat unbalanced by way of ridiculously fast healing), the lamp-dream-lamp teleporting system.

I think what I was most disappointed about with Bloodborne though, especially at release, was how it really set up the potential to expand into something truly lovecraftian/eldritch in terms of level design, and yet never did outside of ebrietas/moon presence and lore implications.

Mensis was yet another victorian/gothic area, where's my twisted nightmare reality that could have so readily been the case?

Where's the insight mechanic actually doing more interesting things, sanity effects, endless hallways, etc.

The insight system in general is just kind of lame.
>>
File: 1462041357988.jpg (59 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
1462041357988.jpg
59 KB, 504x360
>mature violent murder simulator with blood, gore, darkness, edge, and 10 FPS

I think the industry can do better.
>>
File: TheWitcher3.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
TheWitcher3.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
No but it peaked with this.
>>
>>340016460
There is seldom a correction to be made unfortunately. Most of the time its actual flaws with the game, but sonyggers can't take valid criticism and instead see it as an assault to their sony overlords and deem it necessary to go full drone defense force for sony as if that had anything to do with the complaint. Sonyggers are the ones doing the projecting not the other way around. I have a ps4 and I'm not blindly defending anything about that console.

I don't pay for it's shitty internet connection and I have literally 3 games for the damn thing and it's collecting dust. Sure I enjoyed bloodborne but lets not pretend like it's the golden goose of gaming.

The only thing this game got right was combat. While its atmosphere is good it isn't top notch and lacks diversity compared to other games even in it's respective series. Its exploration is also decent but could definitely use improvement as its still a massive step down from DaS1 and DeS more open ended structure that rewarded going out of order (more so in DaS1 than DeS).

It's okay but yeah not best game ever. Even though other games don't have combat quite as good (although that's debatable, since Dragon's Dogma and Souls games exists, not to mention Ninja Gaiden games and God's Hand) other games vastly soar past it in other aspects of the game.

By the way some people talk about Bloodborne they give the impression that its a master of all types of gameplay and atmosphere... but it's clearly not. It's just got a very niche cult following that won't shut the fuck up about it, like most "hardcore" games do. It's no surprise it's overrated as fuck. It's like all the bethesdafags and Biodrones saying their respective series is the best. They all have significant flaws that are overlooked because it's something that they personally don't care about while they love the one good aspect so much that they overlook those flaws.
>>
>>340017679
lol pcuck, just be glad you get to watch gameplay on youtube
>>
>>340018498
sonyponies really are the worst fanbase of all time. I had a ps4 which i returned for a refund after beating blunderborne and realizing i had wasted my money on an above average game that really wasnt good enough to warrant buying a ps4 for. There are no other good exclusives.
>>
stop posting immediately
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.