[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should I play, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: mg.jpg (150 KB, 1126x909) Image search: [Google]
mg.jpg
150 KB, 1126x909
Which one should I play, and why?
>>
>>340007791
mgs 1 isn't retarded shit which is piss easy because of features that are supposed to be in MGS2 environments only.
>>
>>340007791
mgs1 is just better

twin snakes is the failed abortion
>>
>>340007791
Original. Twin Snakes is super fucking fun, but only in a self-indulgent fucking around way, after you've played the real game.
>>
>>340007791

Twin Snakes is actually really cool. People complain about the over the top acrobatics in cutscenes, which is understandable since it seems out of place for MGS1, but for the series as the whole it actually feels completely natural.

But, there's no reason you shouldn't play the original over Twin Snakes. Play Twin Snakes after you've completed the series just to experience it.

If this is your first playthrough, MGS1, HD collection of MGS2 and 3, MGS4 on PS3, skip Peacewalker but read up on it/watch some cutscenes, GZ, MGSV. To be totally honest, the series loses momentum after 4, but you'll be too invested to stop after it.
>>
>>340007791
Only thing TTS has going for it over the original is a higher polygon count. It's inferior in every other way.
>>
>>340007791
MGS1 is the better game but Twin Snakes feels a lot more in-line with the rest of the MGS series, which is kind of MGS2s and MGS3s fault for shitting up the direction of the franchise.
>>
Thanks for the input lads, I'll play the original. I don't own the PS1 so I'll have to emulate, out of the options of
>keyboard
>steam controller
>xbone controller
>hori fighting commander
What controller should I use?
>>
5 trillion replies
>>
>>340008759
The game was made for the Sony Playstation.

So obviously a keyboard. That's the same thing.
>>
File: medium_Liquid_Snake_2.jpg (17 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
medium_Liquid_Snake_2.jpg
17 KB, 360x270
Play the original, but Liquid is fucking fabulous in Twin Snakes.
>in b4 muh voice acting meme
>>
File: charlie.jpg (160 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
160 KB, 900x1165
Twin Snakes is the definitive version of MGS1.
>>
File: notyourscanthave.jpg (258 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
notyourscanthave.jpg
258 KB, 640x908
If this existed no one really would be complaining.
>>
>>340008759
just play the PC release you faggot
>>
>>340009502
Well it was the reason we got Snake in Brawl so that's something
>>
>>340009742
Wasn't the reason Kojima practically begging Sakaurai to put him in Melee?
>>
>>340009618
Aren't PC releases of MG games pre-V pretty shit generally?
>>
yup twin snakes is amazing, sonyggers were just mad they didnt get it
>>
TTS is good but the sound is atrocious.
>>
>>340009502
/thread
>>
play the original

twin snakes has shitty art direction despite the higher poly models, redone VO that isn't as good as the original, retarded slo-mo and bullet dodging shit thrown into the cutscenes because the matrix just came out, and thrown in features from MGS2 without rebalancing the game around them, making it piss easy.
>>
>>340010576
just get a used ps3 and play them all on there.

emulation for mgs2 and 3 runs like complete garbage and is filled with bugs, and mgs4 is only available on ps3
>>
>>340009618
dl link please
>>
>>340009502
fucking sonyggers
>>
File: twinsnakesinMGS4.jpg (600 KB, 1366x1500) Image search: [Google]
twinsnakesinMGS4.jpg
600 KB, 1366x1500
Not only were all the MGS1 flashback dialog in MGS4 from Twin Snakes, but during when Ocelot is explaining the Patriots at the end at least three screens from Twin Snakes are shown. This is the closest Twin Snakes will ever be on a Sony
>>
>>340012692
The reason why they use certain things from Twin Snakes is because the original MGS1 stuff didn't fit. They usually use MGS1 visual for flashbacks and Twin Snake's audio for the flashbacks since the master's of the MGS1 audio are shit.

For the picture I'm assuming MGS1 didn't scale down well.
>>
>>340013058
I think some of the screens used in that explanation sequence were from the PS1, can't remember though. Still odd they used TS audio instead of recording a few seconds out of the hours and hours of codecs and cutscenes. But they would also have to get Rob Paulsen and Cam Clarke just to record those few seconds.
>>
>>340009502

It would still be called out for the broken level design and the cutscenes. The only difference would be that more people would get to experience how inferior it was instead of hearing it from Gamecube idorts.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.