[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last thread was a hit: >>339952731 Made a new one. >>339952731
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: vidyagaems.png (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
vidyagaems.png
80 KB, 500x500
Last thread was a hit: >>339952731

Made a new one.

>>339952731
>Wants a coder
>Leaves no feedback information

If you want people, just leave details.
>>
How do I make games?
>>
>>340007276
I was recommended another forum and decided to go elsewhere, why you singling me out, nigga?
>>
What should I do if my game has had 2 "failed" kickstarters and gotten a pretty bad reputation as a scam but I'm still following through with making the game?
>>
>>340007758
>kickstarters
How about you stop doing that and you make your game instead you fuck.
>>
>>340008023
2 months out from beta test, bb.
>>
>>340007276
>anyone want to join my game making team?
>we just need someone to make the game
kys
>>
>>340008425
How does one find coders to make games with?
>>
>>340008507
One becomes a coder, and makes their own game.
>>
>>340007276
Stop using this image because it will attract the unwanted
>>
>>340008573
Once one is a coder, how does one find other coders to help them with that?
>>
>>340008679
Heres what im doing.
>Make game,
>Give to players,
>Dev players join dev team.
>>
>5 months ago
>Friend learns I program for a living
>Asks if I want to help make a game 'for fun'
>Mildly interested. Ask the details
>They have a musician, a pixel artist and another programmer on board
>Ask them what they'd be doing
>Providing direction and story/world
>They're an 'idea guy'
>Politely decline
>Hear nothing but complaints from them about their 'team'
>They finally decided to scrap it all together when the artist and programmer quit

I'm surprised they even got someone on board when it sounds like they're doing absolutely nothing to contribute.
>>
>>340008836
Ah okay sounds good, guess I'll make a small build to toss around at people then. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>340008850
>Toby Fox made an entire game using fucking Game Maker basically by himself with very little help outside of graphical assets
>Yet some assholes think they can get away with doing nothing and being the creator of their game.
>>
>>340009019
A small build may not be enough, if your not willing to pay people for their work.
Then their own interest in the project will be their only driving factor.
You really need to get em hooked.
And you dont want to hook the auties either.
>>
>>340009201
I can get a loan for the project, especially since I've got three women on the team already, and my gov't offers bonuses on business loans for companies that hire women, so paying a programmer shouldn't be a problem. We've all got pretty trash/rudimentary programming knowledge, but it should be enough to put together a proof-of-concept.
>>
>>340009154

The fuckingest thing is I wasn't exactly soft on the guy, either. I told him he was going to have problems because he's basically an ideas guy that has to hope his team of "for fun" workers is as invested in making him a videogame as he is.

But he was convinced he was enough of a qualified 'project manager' that he could keep them on track. Don't get me wrong knowing project management is great but this guy was fresh out of college with a fucking history degree. Nothing related to business at all.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.