[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I want to play a dungeon crawler. I don't know much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: fit kangaroo.jpg (139 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
fit kangaroo.jpg
139 KB, 768x960
So, I want to play a dungeon crawler. I don't know much abut them and I really only played a few (Etrian Odyssey and I guess Strange Journey) so I don't really know where to look at.

If possible I'd like one with a lot of character customization and turn based (I didn't like the feel of Grimrock).

Any suggestion? HoM could be good right? It seems rather fun. If it's available on GoG even better.
>>
stone soup
>>
File: tumblr_mgdrapxoiP1qa9o07o1_500.jpg (23 KB, 471x356) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgdrapxoiP1qa9o07o1_500.jpg
23 KB, 471x356
>>340006215
Maybe this isn't what you're looking for but one of my favorite games of all time is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky. It is turn based. Character customization is a little lacking outside of TMs, but for first timers the story is pretty enveloping, and the game can be pretty challenging in certain situations. It's for kids though, but it's the last great PMD title.
>>
Nethack.
GOAT
>>
Wizardry 8
Elmimage Original
Dungeon Travelers 2

What does HoM stand for, out of curiosity?
>>
>>340006215
Might and Magic is a good entry level series. On that note is that anon who wanted MM6 on mega still here?
>>
>>340007596

Me fucking up HoMM
>>
>>340007993
HoMM is not a dungeon crawler. It's pretty cool though.
>>
>>340006215
Wizardry has a pretty good character creation process but they can be tough. You could start with 6 and play through the dark savant trilogy.
>>
>>340008123

Yeah I guess not, but that's kinda what I meant overall.

First person with a party and you just explore and shit.

>>340008865

Will look that up, thanks.
>>
>>340009035
Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic are two separate things.
>>
>>340006215
Eye of the beholder and some of the of the other classic dos drpgs are way more intense than the Japanese console ones. After you have dipped your toes check those out.
>>
>>340009035
>>340009218
Might and Magic games are dungeon crawlers
HoMM is turn based strategy
>>
>>340009271
Isn't Eye of the Beholder realtime?
>>
>>340011882
Sort if. It's not like grim rock tho.

Beholder 2 has fucking ludicrous difficulty
>>
why are the followers of baa attacking me i helped them out
>>
>>340006456
mah nigga
go hard or go home
>>
>>340009271
>>340011882
>>340013489
grimrock is like a modern version of dungeonmaster/eye of the beholder
lands of lore is pretty good too
might and magic and wizardry are THE dungeon crawlers and every japanese rpg has it's roots with wizardry, loads of clones too
it's fine to start with wiz 8, the older ones can seem a bit confusing unless you have the manual handy or already know what you are doing
ultima underworld although it's realtime it's not stressful like others can be
arx fatalis is pretty much a modern (2002 i think) ultima underworld it's also cool in the way that you have to draw symbols on the screen to cast spells
>>
>>340015312
is lands of lore the one with the patrick stewart voiceover?
>>
>>340015463
yeah
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.