[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is D.va such garbage? she is literally one of the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
Why is D.va such garbage?

she is literally one of the worst heros in the game and by far the worst tank.
>>
>>340002818
because she is a harasser/support tank and you suck.
>>
File: 1465070592998.jpg (130 KB, 806x735) Image search: [Google]
1465070592998.jpg
130 KB, 806x735
She needs a buff but you can still do some good with her, her uses are niche at best
>>
>>340002818
She doesn't seem objectively bad from a neutral standpoint but sometimes I just feel like she's a shittier Winston.
>>
HANK HILL BUTT

KIMCHI FARTS
>>
>>340002818
Because she's just shitty Winston, same reason Mei is bad, because she's just shitty Mcree.
>>
no damage really but she can bumrush snipers on ledges at least
>>
I love wiping out 3-4 people at a time and running away from the explosion like a huge coward. Why is she so fun?
>>
>>340003248
>d.va ult
>getting kills
>Any time other than launch day

good joke, m8y
>>
File: D.Va Carbon Fiber.jpg (157 KB, 789x847) Image search: [Google]
D.Va Carbon Fiber.jpg
157 KB, 789x847
>>340002818
>Needs a buff
She's fine the way she is, you just have to be on your toes.

The character is really annoying though, I just enjoy being in a Mech.
>>
>>340002818
she's not a tank, she's rushdown
>>
File: bkubdva.jpg (52 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
bkubdva.jpg
52 KB, 500x558
>>340002818
DVa's shit but dat pussy game ridiculous
>>
File: 20160602151855_1.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160602151855_1.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
shes pretty bad
>>
>>340003494
I hope you're not trying to imply these gold medals mean she's good.

If 6.6k damage got a gold medal you were on a fucking garbage team.
>>
>>340002818
GET GOOD
E
T

G
O
O
D
>>
>>340002818
She needs to be able to walk and shoot at the same time.
>>
>tfw flanking and dashing your suicide meka in from behind the enemy
>tfw getting a kill when calling your meka back
>>
>mfw I don't play the game, don't intend to because I'm not a huge fan of FPS, but I know every character in the game now, as well as their roll.

Kill me.
>>
Can anyone link me good Dva gameplay? I honestly cant get the hang of her and im only useful in my pilot form than her mech
>>
>>340002818
Shes not, Shes the tanktiest tank in terms of health.
Her E is fantastic at stopping alot of ults.
Shift helps her knock people off the cart and hold onto it.
Shes fantastic at holding a point and breaking through chokepoints. Shes second best at breaking through Rienhart's shield.
Her DPS is low unless youre really close but she isn't DPS so that shouldnt matter.
>>
File: Disgusted Girl (male).jpg (77 KB, 447x540) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Girl (male).jpg
77 KB, 447x540
>Zero Suit D.va better at drawing people's attention, doing damage, and harassing than she is in her mech
>>
>>340003565
Bet he's one of those people that don't switch heroes when you need it, scum
>>
She's just a worse version of Winston. That's all.
>>
>>340003851

>breaking through Rienhart's shield.

Why bother when you can just bounce him all over the place with your shift
>>
>>340003994
but thats wrong you faggot
>>
Question. If D.Va shoots her Mech and hits her Ultimate. If I damage boost beam her, as in D.Va herself, after she's launched it, does the beam contribute to her ultimate damage?

I've gotten kill assists for it, but I want toknow if it helps.
>>
File: 1463469753307.png (196 KB, 540x335) Image search: [Google]
1463469753307.png
196 KB, 540x335
>Lets give her weapons no range and have no more at walking speed while firing
Honestly if she didn't slow down while firing a lot of her issues would be fixed.
>>
File: Sad D.va.jpg (433 KB, 850x1204) Image search: [Google]
Sad D.va.jpg
433 KB, 850x1204
>yfw Blizzard actually nerf the "NERF THIS!"
>>
>>340004095
There isn't really any way to test that without some precisely timed Lucio and Dva ults.
>>
>>340004109
That might be the buff they're talking about implementing
>>
>>340003878
Going to need the source on her.
>>
>>340003878
right!? I was killing more people in zero suit than I thought I would be. It was kinda...fun!
>>
>>340003824
Be the face of the team, stand on the point and block shots for your team. Save your E for ults like reaper, hanzo, mcree, Phara, etc.
Use your boost to stop pushes and knock rinehards back.
When on the frontline never sdtop shooting unless you need to back up and heal. Focus on Rienhart's shield, you can break it down in 12 seconds by yourself, so keep pecking away at it. Save your ult for when they get on the point, Its perfect for making people scatter and not pay attention so your team can clean up.

>>340004045
thats super useful when her gets too close but you wanna keep pressure on his shield so he cant push effectively. If he charges, sidestep and block his team from joinging him while he dies to your team.
>>
>>340003375
You must be a retard if you can't get kills with her ult. You just have to boost into the air and then activate it so it falls around the enemy before they have time to run away. It works even better if you throw it over a wall or something.
>>
File: 1444673695266.png (232 KB, 319x285) Image search: [Google]
1444673695266.png
232 KB, 319x285
>>340004202
let's get this started
>her
>>
She's mislabelled that's all.

Pretend you're Tracer. They play the same way. Get in around the sides and their back and be annoying.

If your team has the objective on King of the Hill however, get back there and use defense matrix on cool down. Also boost into the enemy to knock them back.
>>
>>340004338
>let's get this started

Fuck off
>>
Ive been doin fine with her. She can get damn near anywhere thanks to flying, every shot is a headshot, shovin niggas off cliffs, and one hell of a long range shield
>>
She's literally immortal if you aren't a shitter. The mek should be considered entirely disposable, meant to soak damage, disrupt, and kill in close quarters anyone dumb enough to ignore her. Then when your mek inevetiably dies(and hopefully in the meantime you or your team has done some damage) you pelt them with your death pistol and dodge everything with hitboxes smaller than your dick. Then you get a new mek and repeat. Make use of maps. Flank, bait, hide in corners and near health packs when you're out of mek. Save your ult for when you need to actually make them run off, not as a "hope they die" button. If you HAVE to blow it like a retard as soon as it's up, use it when your mek is already dieing for a free mek refill and to make them all run while you get to safety.

If you try to snipe with the mek just kill yourself.
>>
>>340004319
>You must be a retard if you can't get kills with her ult.

D.va's ult is a retard-check for the enemy team. No amount of HURR SKILL can change that mechanic.

Any team that isn't retarded and not beign held in place by another ult, meaning they could be cleaned up by anyone else without having to burn an ult, is going to lose a single person to D.va ult. Ever.

Get your MMR higher than ULTIMATE SHITTER FUCKBAG tier before you pretend your opinion matters.
>>
>>340004109
Yeah that is the part that's also bugging me.

Blizzard keeps talking about her "mobility" but apart from getting fast from point A to B outside of combat, and the occasional bump, she's a huge noisy colourful target for everyone surrounding her. Her E is excellent at suppressing ults but it's short and once that's gone, it's not hard to get out of her more damaging range and just hit her incredibly big hitbox.

At least giving her a bit more speed while shooting or a slightly lower cooldown on her boost would avoid scenarios where every enemy can just run away from you and outdamage you
>>
She'd be fine if her gun did more damage. As of now she's a Winston with a slightly worse shield a larger head box.

She isn't even as good killing snipers when she gets there because her weak ass guns slows your turning speed to a crawl as opposed to just having to aim near the sniper while they freakout
>>
>>340003878
I'm finally relevant!

Search for gujira.
>>
File: Smug Tron.gif (7 KB, 348x308) Image search: [Google]
Smug Tron.gif
7 KB, 348x308
>>340004157
I love the irony of that line tbqh Familia.
>>
use the projectile shield and she melts torb's turrets. that her best use of the mech other than being a basic over shield. her regular gun is stronger though.
>>
>>340003590
She does, just very slowly. Would probably help if you could do it at normal speed.
>>
>>340004607
Someone's just mad that they suck at playing their waifu.
>>
>>340004183
>>340004095
>Ultimate does 1000 damage
>Lucio shields for 500 but QUICKLY degrades
>Roadhog has 600 HP
Roadhog with Lucio shield less than one second old or a 500 health tank with Torbjorn armor AND a Lucio shield less than 3/4 of a second old would be the only hero capable of taking the damage and surviving it, so there's no reason to buff it with Mercy other than getting the kill assist. 99% of the time nobody is going to survive taking a hit from it no matter what.

If you really wanted to know, you could test it out with a Dva and Mercy on one team and a Reinhardt on the other. See if his shield is left with 1000 or 700 after the explosion.
>>
If you play Dva like Winston, you're doing it very very wrong.
>>
File: 1459503014425.png (562 KB, 2064x2500) Image search: [Google]
1459503014425.png
562 KB, 2064x2500
>>340004615
>She is so mobile!
>Rushes in with a small charge on cooldown
>Can shield herself, but she can't fire back
>Is a huge target with an easy to hit head
>Moves at walking pace while firing her pop guns that can't even shread anything but the the weakest of the heroes.
She is so bad.
>>
Her shield is up for so little time you also could get away with letting her shoot and have it up at the same time
>>
Instead of that shitty Ult she should just turn into a Gundam with a beam saber for some real damage.
>>
>>340004928
You dont know how to play her.
>>
What happened to play the game how you like?
>>
>>340004183
You can set HP values to like 200% or 300% in custom games along with other silly things like lowering/raising cooldown times.
>>
>>340004903
this
>>
>>340004615
Her jet is like a 4 or 5 second cooldown m8.

By the time they get out of range of your death you can just jet at them again.
>>
>>340004202
gujira 4 gou, dont remember what comic set or w/e

you owe me 10.99 + tip
>>
>>340004887

I think it only does 1000 at the epicenter. I definitely remember saving 3 team mates with lucio's ult once
>>
i dont know why you guys are arguing

dva is simply not a good hero, regardless of how fun she is she really doesnt bring anything useful to the table out of her defense matrix

if you want to harass people and get out play winston
>>
>>340004095
I actually am interested in this for OTHER things.

Like junkrats conc mine and trap. Does it get damage boosted on the point of delivering damage or when he actually throws them out?
>>
>>340005089
Oh. Well shit, that'd be pretty easy then. The only hard part would be having 2 friends
>>
>>340005224
Because people are saying she's worst tank when there's zarya, who ACTUALLY doesn't do damage if people don't bait into your mechanics.
>>
>>340003851
>Shes the tanktiest tank in terms of health.
except her headshot hitbox is fucking enormous so she melts to a lot of characters like soldier 76 and thus has less effective survivability than pretty much any tank in the game besides winston
>>
>>340003213
Mei's self healing single handedly makes her one of the most useful defensive characters in the game.
>>
File: 1380333410764.jpg (7 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1380333410764.jpg
7 KB, 206x237
>>340002818
She can suicide her mech, that's her only useful ability.
>>
She's great. Don't get too greedy, and know when to break off and retreat. If you don't try to bite off more than you can chew, you shouldn't have trouble keeping up pressure on the enemy team.

Like with other flankers/harassers, the problem is that your teammates need to be able to push in from the other direction while you disrupt things. If your team is too timid to go through the main chokepoint, things aren't going to end well.
>>
>>340005350
Yeah I'm interesting in finding out if boosting tolborone affects his turrets
>>
>>340002818
Because D.va is a professional gamer.
She's Blizzard's way of telling you how much a pro-gamer is worth in the world.
>>
>>340005063
>play the game how you like
>play the team-based objective game where composition matters and even the game yells at you to pick a specific class how you like
>>
>>340005505
how often do you f5?
>>
>>340002818
She's fantastic though
>attacking on watchpoint gerbralta
>fly out the door up to the bridge
>literally push widowmaker off
>we bowl through their team to the end, winning in less than two minutes
>one of them tells me to kill myself
d.va is a flanker not a tanker
>>
>>340005631
>Playing Overwatch competitively

Well this board is done
>>
>>340004887
>99% of the time nobody is going to survive taking a hit from it no matter what.
>Laughing Zaryas.jpg
Her shields are just so retardedly good, even if they are supposed to only protect from 200 damage, they effectively protect against 199+? damage, the last instance of damage, no matter the amount of damage done, being completely absorbed. It's pretty funny when you see a Tracer wondering why her ult didn't kill that bastion or mercy she glued it on.
>>
>>340005767
>one team fights another
It's inherently competitive. A game doesn't need ranked matchmaking with gold diamond and platinum leagues to be competitive.
>>
File: TK.jpg (32 KB, 293x275) Image search: [Google]
TK.jpg
32 KB, 293x275
>>340002818
>whine because you don't know how to play D.va and hope it will piss someone off.
>>
>>340005505
>flying up to snipers to fuck with them isn't useful
>negating all projectiles isn't useful
>infinite ammo isn't useful
>>
>>340005862
I meant actually taking the damage. Zarya's shield makes whoever it's on invincible for either 2 seconds or after at least 200 damage has been blocked
>>
>>340005959
>>flying up to snipers to fuck with them isn't useful
>>negating all projectiles isn't useful
you mean like Winston

>>infinite ammo isn't useful
how is it useful when they do absolutely 0 damage and leave you wide open?
>>
>>340005940

No team based fps can come even close to being competitive if everyone on a team can roll one hero and steamroll the other team. Only way it can even remotely work is to limit each team to max one of each hero. And even there there are some pretty fucking bad balance issues in Overwatch.
>>
>>340002818
she should probably just move faster while shooting
>>
>>340006319
>seriously complaining about all 6 of one hero
did you know that every hero in the game is countered by another?
>>
>>340002818
>pick out stray foe
>rocket boost->quick punch->fusion cannon
>they ded, shield and retreat

ez gaem

She's great for killing turrets and clearing defenses
>>
>>340006149
>you mean like Winston
winston can't fly and he can't negate projectiles, he plops down a weak shield that doesn't move with him and can be negated by walking inside
>absolutely 0 damage and leave you wide open?
You spend most of your time at mid range(like winston), which is where it does reasonable damage, at close range it does huge damage.
The slowdown doesn't leave you any more open than anyone else
>>
>>340006319
There are balance issues but there are no major ones, game isn't bad for balance, at least that we've discovered so far. The most complained-about characters are not broken.

And you're just completely ignorant if you think one-hero teams work competitively.
>>
>>340004095
>>340005350
>>340005590
>>340004095
The only things that Mercy's damage boost don't work on are turrets and the riptire. If I had to guess, it's probably because they're considered their own unit (the riptire can even be controlled by Junkrat after he dies), and not mechanically a part of the hero being buffed.

It works on shit like Junkrat's abilities, Pharah's rockets and Dva's ultimate, but ONLY if the character is being damage buffed when the damage is dished out.
>>
>>340006319
>"A competitive game built completely around competitition isn't ACTUALLY competitive unless they follow my arbitrary ruleset!"
do you understand how retarded you sound

a competition is a competition, it's competitive by definition
even a shitty competition is still competitive
>>
The way I understand it: Since Mek can just be fired, it can be fired against a player to BLOCK projectiles and explosions. Its disposable shield.
The fact you can get kills with it, is a gigantic bonus.

Everything she has on the top of that, like mobility and healthpool is a big bonus. Especially when she can do flanking too.
>>
I love playing D.Va, although I'm not very skilled with her. I like the charging at Widowmakers, Hanzos and even Genjis with defense matrix and blast their faces with the cannons and boost away if anything bad happens or to heal up, but then again I do the same things I'd do with a Winston. D.Vas' damage feels better tho, Winstons taser is just tickling them to death. I think she's great on payload maps to clear the sidelines up ahead and pretty good on KotH if there is another tank like Winston or Reinhardt. I could not play her so often on point capture, so I don't know if she's any good there. I don't think she can protect the team so very good on defense. Her E is pretty nice tho, nullifying a Pharah ult has saved a lot of lives.

I also get busted by D.Vas once in a while, some players really know their shit. I lost against a D.Va with Roadhog because she kept shooting the head nonstop and I had to reload before I could even shoot back. I should have shot her before healing up, not healing up while she was still in her mech. On another occasion a D.Va pushed me off the cliff on Lijang Night Market with I think I was Reinhardt or Zarya, I forgot.
>>
>>340006430
And you can only swap by either dying or spending 20s or more getting back to your spawn point and come back to fight. I've lost track of the amount of times I've cheesed or been cheesed a victory with my team with the attackers going full Winston or D.Va right before the overtime, the other team won't have an answer to that in time and if some D.Va manage to shit enough damage to ult, the enemy team cannot do a thing to protect the point.
>>
How much more damage does a headshot do?
>>
>>340006623
>She's great for killing turrets
nope
dva coming for my turret is a free kill
>>
>>340007028
>the enemy team cannot do a thing to protect the point.
Unless they have a Zarya or Reinhardt, which any competent team should. Hell, even a Mei.
>>
>>340006764
>the riptire can even be controlled by Junkrat after he dies
>>
>>340004202
>her

You know exactly what you're doing, don't even try to play dumb
>>
>>340002818
>people expecting D.Va to tank like Reinhardt
>"lol we'll lose if no one picks a real tank"
>>
What D.va needs is :

>Buffs
-Damage boost
-Removing her slower movement while firing
-Put ALL her hit points in Armor while she's in her Mek to reduce the enemy team Ult build up

>Nerfs
-Remove the infinite ammo gimmick, give her a "magazine" with a reload animation
>>
LE NERF THIS LE WINKAY FACE
>>
>>340002818
How come artists never add any dimension to tongues?
It looks tacked on and detracts from the good shading and colors used for her face.
>>
>>340007434
I think you mean a clip
>>
>>340004095
>>340005350
>>340006764
Fun Mercy facts:

Her damage boost applies to any shots/projectiles that are in motion at the time of being boosted.

So say pharah fires a rocket, then mercy damage boosts while the rocket is still flying through the air. That rocket will now do 30% more damage as long as Mercy keeps on damage boosting until it hits something.

Hanzo's ult can be damage boosted after he fires it. Whenever I see one pop ult I fly over and damage boost him to ensure nobody scrapes out of it

Torbjorns/Symmetras turret are not damage boostable. Junkrats primary fire are, but I don't think the trap and mine are as they count as seperate entities (e.g. "Destroyed Junkrat's Trap +25 Heat")
>>
File: 1377802219970.jpg (94 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
1377802219970.jpg
94 KB, 465x600
>playing Hanamura as Dva
>vs 4 Toblerone and two other shitters
>Take first point
>Rush to second point
>Widow uses ult
>See that all 4 Toblerones are building turrets at the back row
>Fly in and use my ultimate
>get a quad kill plus destroy all 4 turrets
>take point instantly
>win

Sometimes this game can be fun
>>
File: goldies.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
goldies.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>
>>
>>340007628
Junkrat's mine does for sure
>>
D.Va is good in certain situations.

Defense? Not so much, due to her attack being so bad and being a gigantic target.

Capturing points and Escort? Fucking great because of her basically having 2 lives, plus her ability can fuck a huge crowd up big time. That and she is one of the faster tanks.

If you use her to actually do objectives then to kill, then she is great.
>>
>>340007628
I also believe high noon can be boosted to reduce the time it takes for mcrree to lock onto someone.

>>340007761
Thanks for the clarification. In that case, I'm guessing the trap does too.
>>
>>340007709
ah........ so this......... this must be........ the power........ of....... playing versus........ retards........
>>
>>340004886
Not him, guy who loves playing as D.VA here with a 70% win rate and 8 hours logged as her. What he says isn't wrong. The only skill you can apply to her ult and making it possible to actually kill outside of very specific situations is using it to deny people a point last minute, because then they will pick "touch the point and go over time and die to you" rather than just flat out lose.

Outside of that, even launching her ult with boosters or dropping it from above is nothing more than a dumb trick that no one will fall for anymore. Once you hear "NERF THIS" it becomes absurdly obvious where you need to go to neutralize the ult entirely.
>>
Dva should never really be played on Defense
>>
File: 1459688806072.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1459688806072.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>340005046
>Its a "You don't know how to play X" post
>>
>>340008114
>people cry zenyatta is under powered
>I preform miracles with him
>people cry that d.va is terrible
>I preform miracles with her
Believe it or not, you actually just don't know how to play her
>>
>>340007628

Thanks for the tip Anon, I was wondering about that while playing Mercy yesterday.
>>
>>340007916
>versus
medals are rankings within your own team

gold medals mean that you got more kills or did more healing or whatever than anyone else on your team

so not only was anon playing against retards, but was playing with some as well
>>
>>340008365
>I do well at low MMR with shitty picks
Story of every shitter ever.
>>
>>340008365
>b-but a good player can do a good job with her!
A good player can do a good job with any character
Imagine the miracles you could perform if you picked a better character
>>
>>340005452
nope never used in competitive, always shut down. Casual pugs are not the best judge of balance.
>>
>>340002994
>turret buster
>completely shut down snipers

I guess that could be considered niche, but lately I've been encountering a lot of decent Widowmakers and being able to constantly harass them and deny kills is pretty fulfilling.
>>
File: 1465055398634.png (51 KB, 272x310) Image search: [Google]
1465055398634.png
51 KB, 272x310
>>340008504
>he's a tierfag
I bet you think Lucio is perfect for all situations

>>340008531
Name a character who does d.va's job better

And before you freak out, I am allowed to prove you wrong
>>
File: 1463781173030.jpg (3 MB, 5760x3240) Image search: [Google]
1463781173030.jpg
3 MB, 5760x3240
>>
>>340008565
Casual pugs make up 80% of the game's players, anon. Blizzard has just as much of an obligation to make balance changes for them as they do for "pros"
>>
>>340008813
>Name a character who does d.va's job better
What job? Jumping in the enemy backline and tickling everyone until you die? Winston. At least his head hitbox is small enough for the enemy to actually miss.
>>
File: 1464370782049.jpg (88 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
1464370782049.jpg
88 KB, 595x842
>>340005862
Im curious about Zaryas shields am I supposed to shoot to them to make disappear faster or just ignore it until it goes away?
>>
File: dva.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
dva.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>tfw you keep seeing d-va shitters trying to do a POTG
>>
>>340009651
I hate it when some fuck in my team doesn't take the game seriously
>>
>>340009638
If you want your team to continue being alive, please ignore Zarya shields
>>
File: OVERTHELINE.jpg (6 KB, 166x231) Image search: [Google]
OVERTHELINE.jpg
6 KB, 166x231
>>340002818
Because
1) her head critbox is massive since they took into account THE WHOLE FUCKING COCKPIT SHIELD instead of her actual head
2) her head critbox it right in the middle of her massive hitbox of a mech, you know, the easiest place by far to just go for bosyshots, making her weak point so easy to hit that most probably hit her critbox unintentionally
3) her guns effective range is so short that you have to be sitting on the enemy to do any reasonable damage with them, which wouldn't be so bad except that she also moves at a snails pace while firing.

You literally counter her guns by just taking a five foot step back.

Even winston doesn't have to slow down to shoot people with the tesla gun, and it has longer range.

I like her, I want to play her more.
But she's just not good right now.
>>
>>340009651
Kinda triggering me you were not headshotting her.
>>
>>340006632
Winston can both travel faster, and farther while being able to negate projectiles with his shield and also outdamaging mei. Do you even play the game?
>>
File: 1464461839973.jpg (171 KB, 614x374) Image search: [Google]
1464461839973.jpg
171 KB, 614x374
>>340009059
Blizzard should make concessions like making things more noticeable, or giving better cues, but they shouldn't nerf the effectiveness of skills because your scrub ass can't handle it.
Stop ruining it for the rest of us.
>>
>>340009983
Meant D.va not mei
>>
File: 1464429108686.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464429108686.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340009651
What a fucking idiot

What is it about Dva that attracts the worst kind of player?
>>
File: 1463512329163.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463512329163.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1000
>>340002818
>>
>>340002994
Blue text on Overwatch forums have confirmed they're going to buff her soon. They want to improve her survivability/make her a better initiator so she'll feel more like an actual tank and less of a really bulky offense hero.
>>
>>340003824
>Can anyone link me good Dva gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsPVK9jMUk
>>
>>340003494
>all that work
>not even 2k exp
>>
>>340009651
Literally everybody with a delayed ult sprays the wall or emotes now. people are faggaronis
>>
>>340010089
cause its funny as shit when you pull it off

and aren't games suppose to be about fun?

https://youtu.be/u2-_NaRTl8I?t=195
>>
>>340007186
No, we've already tried, against a team with 2-3 dva, 2-3 winston and a Lucio, you also need dupes. Zarya, Reinhardt and Mei actually aren't that good of a winston or dva counter when you have dupes of the latter two (but Mei is still good to contest points for a retarded amount of time alone. The best counter we found to that was by lining Zarya, Roadhog, triple McCree (or double with a Symmetra) and a Lucio.

Right now we're experimenting with 6 dva on attack in hanamura and volskaya right from the start and we have something like 85%+ success rate with it since once the first point is rushed either though the window in hana or by the left side in volsk, the enemy team have to come up close to stop the capping which is where dva actually has damage, the second point is capped by spamming the ults on it, denying them the point for quite a long period of time since the fight for the first one usually fills the gauge of 3 or 4 of us.

And yes, it's fucking retarded, I hope they'll lock that to one of the same hero per team in ranked once we have more heroes (since I guess the lack of a huge amount of heroes is one of the things that motivated the decision of letting each team be able to use multiple identic heroes) because otherwise you can be sure that you'll see more of the puke inducing double McCree, double Lucio mentality in most pro team compositions when another hero gets buffed enough to become the FotM.
>>
File: tumblr_o847xlM0RC1rxb0izo1_1280.png (902 KB, 1280x1523) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o847xlM0RC1rxb0izo1_1280.png
902 KB, 1280x1523
>>340009142
>What job?
Flying anywhere you want and killing everyone

>Jumping in the enemy backline
d.va chooses her flight path, winston is always an arc, which allows her to do more than dive the enemy team.
>and tickling everyone until you die?
Winston deals the same damage at all ranges, d.va deals more damage the closer she is
Additionally she doesn't necessarily die when her health runs out, she leaves the mech and gains a massive boost in damage until she boards a new one

>>340009983
>>340010048
>Winston can both travel faster, and farther
At the cost of having zero control beyond what direction he goes, d.va has full control and can reach places winston cannot
>while being able to negate projectiles with his shield
His shield doesn't move with him and only acts as a barrier, if anyone moves in/past it, it no longer negates their projectiles
>and also outdamaging D.va
At mid range, maybe.
But at close range d.va deals more damage.

Additionally D.va doesn't have to reload so she can continue to pepper fleeing enemies and knock off that last bit of health

Do YOU even play the game?
>>
File: 1464691689767.png (125 KB, 504x967) Image search: [Google]
1464691689767.png
125 KB, 504x967
>>340008813
>I bet you think Lucio is perfect for all situations

you literally cannot describe a scenario or relevant team composition in which lucio is not a mandatory core member in

you can be anti-tier all you want, but shitposting blatant misinformation when you're trying to grandstand for a widely-known shit tier character isn't helping my dude
>>
>>340009837
ah alright thx for the tip I always thought shooting them would make them disappear faster didn't know it actually boosted her damage
>>
>>340002948
Don't be stupid, anything D.Va can do, other characters can do,except they're leagues better than her. D.Va is literally worthless when compared to others.
>>
File: 1462867721795.jpg (144 KB, 811x1442) Image search: [Google]
1462867721795.jpg
144 KB, 811x1442
>>340002818
D.Va is my go-to tank for certain maps. In tighter spaces she's great, and only on offense. As a defensive tank she's trash but she's great for picking off lone heroes who other characters can't reach.

>Lone Widow holding a chokepoint because she's actually a really good shot
>Defense Matrix her shots and rocket straight through the whole battlefield straight to her perch
>Trap her in a corner and unload
>Fly back to my team

Seriously, i've made game-winning plays with her many times. You have to know what she's good for. She's not a traditional tank. She's a harasser.
>>
File: 1465006497160.png (868 KB, 1280x1373) Image search: [Google]
1465006497160.png
868 KB, 1280x1373
>Were looking into giving D.va some buffs.
NO SHE'S NOT UNDERPOWERED YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND NOW LISTEN TO THE TIME I DID GOOD WITH HER WHEN I COULD HAVE PLAYED ANY OTHER HERO AND DONE THE SAME OR BETTER.
>>
File: 1436253770159.jpg (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1436253770159.jpg
50 KB, 300x300
>>340009004
>>
>>340002818
D.Va's ult needs a shorter duration, manual detonation or better penetration through walls and shit
>>
>>340002818
she's fun on hanamura attack
>>
File: zarya.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zarya.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340010518
>tfw everybody refuses to play zarya because "sjw"
>as a result nobody knows how she works
>get full charge all the time
>tear shit apart
In all seriousness, shooting them is also a viable option if it leads to her or a support's death. They disappear after they absorb 200 damage, so if you can pump that out in less than 2 seconds (which is how long they take to disappear naturally) and get a kill, then you might as well
>>
>>340010734
>D.Va is my go-to tank for certain maps. In tighter spaces she's great, and only on offense. As a defensive tank she's trash but she's great for picking off lone heroes who other characters can't reach.
The problem with dva is anything she can do, the other tanks do leagues better. She's the only character that needs to be changed. Her damage is laughably low and her defense as a "tank" is non existent. She brings absolutely nothing to a teamfight. All this happens because of the babies that whined during novembers stress test. She was the McRee of November and I sincerely hope Blizzard ignores all the crybabies from now on.
>>
>>340010979
>Zarya's hair color doesn't change for her different skins
>but Dva's does

come on Blizz
>>
File: realpicture.jpg (35 KB, 729x491) Image search: [Google]
realpicture.jpg
35 KB, 729x491
I got a gold medal with her once so shes not underpowered, you just have to be skilled like me. Pic related
>>
>>340010891
>or better penetration through walls and shit
It needs this regardless.

You can hide behind a no parking sign and take no damage like you're a loony toons character.
This isn't hyperbole, it's blocked by damn near anything.
>>
>>340010467
Winston while dealing more damage can also have his damage chain to multiple enemies, the ability for winston to control himself during his jump still doesn't change the fact that winston still does everything D.va does but better. He can cover his teamates better, brings more damage, is a better disruptor, more mobile. D.va's bullet blocking shit only blocks stuff coming towards her if someone shoots to her right or left it will still hit her teamates. It also only blocks projectiles no lasers. There's also nowhere in the game D.va can go that Winston can't with one jump. Winston's electricity can go on for a very long time while dealing more damage that chains aswell. In order for D.va to compete she needs a damage buff as well as her headshot area reduced.
>>
>>340011336
Sorry for the way it's laid out, I'm like half asleep.
>>
>>340007175
haha
~le torbjorn main
>>
If she's such trash, why do I consistently get my best games with her?
>>
>>340010979
>They disappear after they absorb 200 damage
What the fuck? I figured since the shield lasts a disgustingly short amount of time that it would block all damage. No fucking wonder why the few times I've played her it felt like her shield disappeared instantly. I thought I had brief invincibility so I would try to charge Bastions or turrets.
>>
>>340010492
>you literally cannot describe a scenario or relevant team composition in which lucio is not a mandatory core member in
Any time there isn't sufficient cover and/or when allies aren't in range

Lucio's heal rate is slow without the boost and can easily be out-damaged, zenyatta and mercy both have better sustained healing

His speed boost is relevant until you're where you need to be, which is great for control maps

His ultimate is a time waster, if the enemy team has time for waiting, your ult isn't going to do much.

Lets say it's a payload map, if you're on the defending team then chances are that if your team isn't braindead they'll be all over the place, meaning you're not going to be doing much healing.
If you're attacking, then time is not on your side, meaning although you can save some lives, all the enemy team has to do is wait it out.

Lucio is not perfect for every situation, neither are mercy or zenyatta, they all have situations where they work best
>>
>>340008365

>I perform miracles with

Lmao, you sound insufferable as fuck.

Please, explain how to play Dva.
>>
>>340010190
Finally get to see Seagull play her.

And as expected it's how I play her as well.

Only fucking difference is my team stays at the back. No one wants to go in.
>>
>>340008405
Huh, I always thought the medals were relative to your career averages

Maybe I'm not as garbage at this game as I thought I was
>>
>>340011457
>Lucio's heal rate is slow without the boost and can easily be out-damaged, zenyatta and mercy both have better sustained healing

Zenyata's heal is 30/s on a single target, Lucio's non amped healing is 25/s on everybody(125/s amped)

Nigga u highs fuk
>>
>>340011448
She's one of the weakest characters in the game definitely, but it's not by such a large margin that it's impossible to play successfully with her (at least in pubs).
>>
>>340010401
I played against a team that went double DVa's on Attack Payload. It's actually pretty fucking frustrating.
>>
D.Va is probably the worst tank. Even so, she has a niche use against entrenched Bastions.
>>
>>340011449
It does have brief invincibility. If it takes 199 damage and then a 1000 damage hit, it'll block all of it. The moment it takes at least 200 damage, it disappears
>>
>>340011656
>Lucio's non amped healing is 25/s on everybody(125/s amped)
what

it's 12.5 non-amped and 40 amped on each person
>>
>>340011449

It just can't take sustained damage. You can still absorb a Junkrat or D.va ult with the shield.

Zarya is actually a fantastic hero. With proper use of shields, she shits out DPS and her Ult is easily one of the best in the game if you have a coordinated team.
>>
The only real use Dva has over other similar characters is that she can negate shit like Reaper and Pharrah's ult as well as somewhat countering Zarya's ult even when she's stuck in it.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-06-05_03-22-42-000.jpg (575 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-06-05_03-22-42-000.jpg
575 KB, 1920x1080
>>340002818
cuz ur shit.
everyone else can play d.va just fine.
>>
>>340011812
D'va more of a flanker. She can get to the side of a team, fuck shit up for a bit, then escape. Zero suit d'va is actually pretty at holding angles, and is one of the few characters who are actually strong at midrange, so she can easily fall back if you have an escape route planned.
>>
>>340012026
She can sit in McAsshole's face and eat his ult too. If you're good at predicting when she'll fire it, it you can completely eat Zarya's ult as well.
>>
Someone tell me how the fuck Genjin is not OP.

Look at this shit. Just look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eZvbzZxFk
>>
>>340012094
>I played a joke match with all Dvas and won so that means she's good
I've come across about a dozen of those all-Dva and only 2 were successful
>>
>>340012020
And while that shield is up, there's practically no answer to that character since there's no way to just remove the shield without destroying it, destroying it means charging up Zarya into a monster, and ignoring it means they just get to shoot at you for free. That, and those shields work miracles at saving people's lives.

Just wish people realized if you have a barrier, the Zarya WANTS you to take damage with it, not just back off.
>>
Comp scene starting to put 1hero limit on maps damn that was quick.
>>
>>340012209
*Genji
>>
>>340005428
Zarya has the most useful team ult in the game and can turn herself and others invincible, she's very useful.
>>
>>340003452
>she's fine
Except she's not.
Everything you would want to use her for another character does better. The other tanks shit out a lot more damage and even have better survivability. I love her but she's borderline useless.
>>
Why can't I log in?

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>340012209
>dedicated team of long term closed beta players destroys pub

You don't fucking say. Seagull is the lone reason why Genji was nerfed into the fucking ground.
>>
>>340005428
Tanking isn't about doing damage.

Dva is a bad tank not because of her damage, but BECAUSE SHE IS BAD AT TANKING. Zarya is really good at tanking, second to Reinhardt, so she's a good tank.
>>
>>340012407
His play on the first part though was him alone doing stuff.
>>
>>340011336
>Winston while dealing more damage
We just went over this
>the ability for winston to control himself during his jump still doesn't change the fact that winston still does everything D.va does but better.
Except for everything D.va does "better" than Winston, better is in qoutations because though they have simillar abilities, their abilities are used for different things
>He can cover his teamates better
Which is good because that's not D.va's job
>more mobile
Considering his only mobility skill is an arc that he can't control beyond choosing the direction, d.va is much more mobile
>D.va's bullet blocking shit only blocks stuff coming towards her if someone shoots to her right or left it will still hit her teamates.
Which is fine, because D.va's job is not tanking, which is why she is far more mobile than Winston.
>also nowhere in the game D.va can go that Winston can't with one jump
Correction, there is nowhere in the game D.va can go that Winston can't with considerably more difficulty

If D.va can fly straight to one location, Winston has to angle his leap to land up there
>Winston's electricity can go on for a very long time while dealing more damage that chains aswell
D.va's canons can go on forever while dealing better damage the closer she is

I'm not saying Winston is useless, he has his place and is very useful, but so does D.va
Winston is a tank, D.va is a flanker, they have similarities but they exist for two entirely different reasons
>>
>>340012431
D.va isn't a tank, she's just in the tank class because of her mech's health
>>
>>340012431
>>340005428

Zarya's damage is also ridiculous if you use your shields carefully.
>>
I want to play this game but the insufferable overkill marketing is making me hate it
>>
>>340012517

Why play a shitty flanker with no damage when you could play many other flankers who actually do damage and don't have the worst ult in the game?
>>
>>340012504
He still had a dedicated team to keep the enemy distracted. Give him your average pub and he wouldn't be able to do shit.
>>
>>340004157
Who the hell hates Chinese food?
>>
>>340012648
>with no damage
I'm not going to go over this a third time, either read or stop replying
>and don't have the worst ult in the game?
it has its uses
>>
File: busnaaaaaaa.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
busnaaaaaaa.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Can vegans swallow cum?
>>
>>340012517

>I'm not saying Winston is useless, he has his place and is very useful, but so does D.va

Winston is not only NOT useless, he's by far the most favoured tank in competitive and teams frequently take two of him.

In what sort of bizarro universe is D.Va a 'flanker'? Her mobility is ass and her DPS sucks. Her critical hitbox is also larger than the moon.

She has a single use in the game, and that's taking out entrenched Bastions or Torbs. Even then, she can't do it by herself.
>>
>>340012775

Over what? If she is a flanker than she is the lowest damage flanker in the game. Also what is the point of her defense matrix if she's going off flanking all the time? She can't do damage while she's using it.
>>
>>340003494
>6k damage gold

Shit dog I've been on teams where I pulled 15k as trashmouse and only got silver. Please git gud and find other people who git gud.
>>
File: 1440058209201.png (221 KB, 401x317) Image search: [Google]
1440058209201.png
221 KB, 401x317
The only thing worse than D.Va's tierlist are those saying she's good. She's fun but complete trash.
>>
File: 1465015331221.jpg (92 KB, 900x888) Image search: [Google]
1465015331221.jpg
92 KB, 900x888
>>340005428
Zarya supports harder than the actual supports

>pharah needs protection to do her ult, shield it
>someone getting pinned by Reinhardt, shield it
>healer about to die, shield it

She's like the single biggest credit to team you can have.
>>
>>340012838

they're probably better at it, since they are more used to eating disgusting food
>>
File: 243434343453.jpg (46 KB, 550x734) Image search: [Google]
243434343453.jpg
46 KB, 550x734
>>
>>340012517
Except that D.va's role is tank. Her one job is fucking impossible for her to play due to how useless she is. Winston while being a better tank also makes a better flanker. He can get to wherever D.va can faster, and doesn't require any aiming to do similar damage. He also can put up a shield blocking damage while being able to do damage himself. He also has a useful where as D.va's ult is just "enemy goes into cover for 3 seconds".
D.va makes herself a huge target while flying while Winston gets to where he wants considerably faster. She really isn't as mobile though, she moves slower both while on ground attacking and flying, she has no place.
>>
If I'm Zarya and I shield a Reinhardt who has his wall up, do I get Energy for people hitting his wall?
>>
>>340013069
Do you think they actually play the game?
>>
File: 1465005974906.png (709 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
1465005974906.png
709 KB, 740x555
>>
File: 1435034108139.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1435034108139.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
Guys I just started playing this game tonight and I think the character I had the most fun playing was Reaper.

How do I git gud and not be useless as him? Because he's a blast to play.
>>
>>340013138
Probably not.
>>
>>340013138
No he's not taking any damage himself so...no
>>
>>340013138
No, zenyatta's balls don't increase damage the wall takes either.
>>
File: 2001.gif (36 KB, 276x241) Image search: [Google]
2001.gif
36 KB, 276x241
>>340013069
Their faces look like porcelain masks, it's fucking scary.
>>
>>340013193
He's best on defense. Try flanking the enemy and catching them by surprise.
>>
File: 34543453453453.jpg (89 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
34543453453453.jpg
89 KB, 640x960
>>340013193
Teleport around out of sight to flank. Team wipe once your ultimate is ready.
>>
File: 1463472887521.gif (2 MB, 307x163) Image search: [Google]
1463472887521.gif
2 MB, 307x163
>>340013007
Its strange, I'm used to fighting games where everyone undersells their character so they seem skilled but in Overwatch I'm noticing a lot of people overselling their characters.

I dont see the logic in overselling your favourite character.
>>
>>340013069

>High heels

Why do so many cosplayers do this? If you're cosplaying something wear exactly what they wear, don't whore it up with retarded shit.
>>
>>340013147
probably not. I saw a bunch of 10/10 overwatch cosplayers at SakuraCon earlier this year. I wanted a photo of them, but they were guarded like idols the entire time.
>>
I feel like she should still be able to shoot while using her defense system.
>>
File: 1455413146836.png (956 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1455413146836.png
956 KB, 1200x939
>>340013328

Fighting games is most of my gaming so I definitely hear ya. Might have to do with team based play. If you're matched up with shitters and you're at least competent. Every hero would look good.
>>
Shes weird to play, I either do real good with her, like lead my team or I do really bad.
Her Ult is always good though.
>>
File: Gomu Gomu no D.Va.gif (2 MB, 540x250) Image search: [Google]
Gomu Gomu no D.Va.gif
2 MB, 540x250
>>340002818
It'd be better if her defense matrix was something she could hold and use, with an 'overheat' meter that requires her to stop using it constantly. Plus a small pause to keep her from spam clicking it.

It would allow a skilled D.va to neutralize more shots with good timing and doesn't leave her a sitting duck after she uses it for the first time (unless she 'burns it out' by holding it too long)

Yes, no?
>>
>>340013628

It's the worst ult in the game by far.
>>
>>340013328
Because when I pick my character in a fighting game I don't have to explain myself to 5 other retards why I picked them.
>>
File: 1464937795027.png (278 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
1464937795027.png
278 KB, 600x587
>>
>>340013328

In Overwatch it's easy to say, "This character isn't shit, I'm just the only one that knows how to play them." It's an easy claim to make but hard to prove wrong since the game is team-based. In a fighting game if you claim to be good with a character, anyone can fight you 1-on-1 and easily tell if you're full of shit or not. This game you really can't because you can always blame your team for not supporting you correctly, etc.
>>
>>340013193
Don't teleport next to enemies but use it to get somewhere hard to reach, flank enemies, ghost walk frequently if you're in trouble, take advantage of any dead bodies leaving behind souls for you to recover 50 HP from, and ideally only use your ult if you either somehow got shielded, or are able to start it up basically mid-air as you drop into a group that's busy fighting others.

Really though, his main thing is running gauntlets of kills with his shotguns doing stupid damage, recovering health from kills, and ghost walking being a free way to get away from big damage.
>>
>>340010089

fucking rekt
>>
>>340013675
It wipes teams easily.

Stay a bit far from the objective, aim up over everything, hit your thrusters and then your ult right after, watch as your mech flys over everything directly over the enemy team, detonates in the air so hiding behind shit doesn't help them and easily kills 3-6 people and most likely nets you play of the game, and instanly get a full health mech back.
>>
>>340012838

my ex did, probably the only thing with flavor that she ate.

jk, she was actually a really good cook, and would make non vegan things for me
>>
File: tumblr_o832rhdJhN1swlvx6o1_500.png (157 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o832rhdJhN1swlvx6o1_500.png
157 KB, 500x700
>>340012841
>he's by far the most favoured tank in competitive and teams frequently take two of him.
They also take mccree in every match, what's your point?
>Her mobility is ass
She's very fast and can go in any direction
>and her DPS sucks
Not going over this for the third time
>Her critical hitbox is also larger than the moon.
Either this was changed or you're exaggerating, her critcal hitbox is bigger than others, but it's not horribly big, defense matrix does a good job of protecting it too.
>She has a single use in the game, and that's taking out entrenched Bastions or Torbs. Even then, she can't do it by herself.
She's far more versatile than that, harassing snipers is hilariously easy, her ult is good for making the enemy team scatter, and her out-of-mech damage is insane.

>>340012905
>Over what?
>she is the lowest damage flanker in the game
Go back and read
>Also what is the point of her defense matrix if she's going off flanking all the time? She can't do damage while she's using it.
Wasting the enemy's time and ammo, you attack while they're reloading, it also prevents snipers from shooting you as you fly directly into them.

>>340013112
>Except that D.va's role is tank
No, her class is Tank, it's not her job.
>Winston while being a better tank also makes a better flanker.
Read the post you're replying to before you post
>>
d.va is crazy strong for final point payload defense
if not only for her 1.5s of untargetability when the mech dies, "nerf this" is great to force a few more seconds for your team to respawn
>>
>>340010089
did genji deflect that or something?
>>
>>340013954
>It wipes teams easily.

No it doesn't. Anyone with a brain will just break line of sight.

It's major use is to clear objectives smothered with shit like Torbjorn/Symmetra turrets
>>
>>340014061
>harassing snipers is hilariously easy
>harassing one dude miles away from the rest of the team is hilariously easy

FTFY
>>
>>340013954

No it doesn't, it always hits the ground no matter how high you fly it and only complete retards get hit by it because you can hide behind anything in the 5 hours it takes to detonate.

If you killed 1 person with it then it's a good ult. It's only real purpose is to detonate at your mech dies so you can run to safety and get in a new one so you're back at full health.
>>
>>340014128
yes
>>
>>340014061
You can spout all this bull you want, but nothing will stop D.Va from being the shittiest waifu in the game personality wise.
And this is saying something in a game where tracer exists.
>>
>>340014128
This meme is dumb.
>>
>>340014061

>They also take mccree in every match, what's your point?

Lmao, what is this supposed to mean? McRee is a strong character.
>>
>>340009651
on a related note I wish Lucio's pushback could actually shove D.va's mech while it's set to explode.

And uproot turret Bastion. There's no reason why they shouldn't.
>>
File: 1464787614162.jpg (134 KB, 765x654) Image search: [Google]
1464787614162.jpg
134 KB, 765x654
>>340010089
>smug D.va player gets shit on by enemy's reinhardt.

Serves him right.

Seriously, the best way to activate your ult is by dropping it from a location that they wouldn't expect, like say boosting from the roof and just drop it midair. Although the enemy team will probably try move as quick as they can, the mecha is going to explode as soon as it touches the ground.
>>
>>340007175
Nope

Torb is ez kill
>>
>>340014313
Do people actually die from that?
It has a literal gigantic "WARNING" sign on it. It's not hard to run, even if it's coming from above.
>>
>>340005181
It does, i've taken damage and been blown back before with like 30/200 hp left at the edge of the exposion.
>>
>>340014440
The only time I die to it is when I'm caught with my pants down and it blows up right before I get behind cover.
>>
File: 1408941602874.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1408941602874.png
1 MB, 640x960
>>340013178
YoOOOOOOOOO
plastic as fuck but i'd still smash, it'd be like an advanced fleshlight
>>
>>340014061

>They also take mccree in every match, what's your point?

My point is that, like McCree, winston is one of the most powerful characters in the game.

>She's very fast and can go in any direction

Her walk speed is one of the lowest in the game, her boost is slow and it has a long cooldown. In a game where Genji, Tracer, etc. exist, why the fuck would you want to 'flank' with D.Va? Come to think of it, I can't think of a worse hero for a flanking role.

>Not going over this for the third time

You are objectively wrong. Her DPS is abysmal unless she is quite literally sitting on top of you - and even then, there are numerous other characters who can out-DPS her at that range.

>Either this was changed or you're exaggerating, her critcal hitbox is bigger than others

It's enormous dude. The entire part of the mech where you can see the window to D.Va herself is a headshot hitbox. An enemy widow could be deaf and blind and she'd still be able to hit it.

>She's far more versatile than that, harassing snipers is hilariously easy

How? As noted, her mobility is still ass, and they have all the time in the world to headshot her multiple times thanks to her massive critical hitbox.

I know you're trying to be a special snowflake, but D.Va is widely regarded as one of the worst heroes for very good reasons.
>>
>D.Va's legendaries take away her pretty long hair
Carbon Fiber or White Rabbit?
>>
>>340012294
>destroying it means charging up Zarya into a monster
While this is true in a 1v1 if you have teammates and communication don't treat a Zarya with a bubble on her that's charging at you as invincible. Just shoot her. If 2-3 people all shoot her while she charges into the open she just dies. Even with the smallest tank hitbox she's still pretty large and slow so 2-3 of any offense class can burn through that 600 effective health pool in seconds.

Look at it this way - if Roadhog was running straight at you then you wouldn't hesitate to murder him. He's got 600 HP. It's more or less the same thing as long as you can aim.
>>
File: 1418148746471.png (257 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1418148746471.png
257 KB, 512x384
>>340012517
>Winston is a tank, D.va is a flanker, they have similarities but they exist for two entirely different reasons.

Except She can't flank for shit. She can get into "flanking position" and some times gets kills with in those positions but honestly her attacks don't have the meat to be a good flank (see what I did there). There's been plenty of times where Ive see Dva flank players and they just used their escape, or hell just moved out of the damn way. Even when I'm a healer I can easily escape D.Va. Zen can slam jam her crit box so fast its scary. Mercy can just Shift away. Lucio can literally just skate away because is regen makes Dva's dps even more sad, if not just right click her, if not that then just burn is AoE heal.
>>
>>340014440
If you're not a shit you use it when it opponents can't run, like at 99% on a cap point, or use it from far so there is less reaction time and they're probably in the middle of a fight.
>>
>>340014593
A lot say Carbon Fiber but I like White Rabbit.
Makes me think of the Moon Rabbit story.
>>
>>340014593
Carbon.
>>
File: 1464902064177.jpg (331 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1464902064177.jpg
331 KB, 480x479
I play offense most of the time and when I see a Reinhardt, Roadhog or Winston I stay the fuck away from them until I have some back-up.

With D.Va though I now I can easily kill them 1v1.
>>
>>340014671
But thats really situational. Also a lot of fights will have a guy with a barrier such as Reinhardt who everyone can get behind.
It requires very basic spatial awareness to avoid it in a fight. Putting pretty much any ult on a 99% point is free kills.
>>
>d.va is a flanker
>once she flanks she does shit damage and can't maneuver away if she gets into trouble

Great flank.
>>
>>340014752
D.Va is my favorite thing to see as soldier. Her head hitbox is so huge that I just shred her apart.
>>
File: 1462588442668.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1462588442668.png
30 KB, 747x491
>>340014440
Yeah, most of the people I've played against are competent enough to move and hide from it's blast radius. However, it works best when you need to split the enemy from pushing the payload or in the middle of a team fight.

You have no idea how many multi kills I've scored due to the people who are extremely concentrated on wiping out my team.

>Mfw the enemy's reinhardt manages to block the explosion and effectively saving his teammates

Truly, he's fucking unbreakable.
>>
>>340010621
She just happens to be okay at everything instead of great at a couple aspects. She won't outflank Winston. She is worse at duels then Roadhog and she will never be better at protecting her team then Reinhart. Her mobility is far better then Reinhart and Roadhog's. She is a better duelist then Winston and Rein. Her ability to protect her team is far better then Roadhog or Winston. If her ult didn't charge so fucking slow or the telegraph was shorter D.VA might be useful to some degree.
>>
>>340014893
Are you implying D.Va wins that fight?
D.Va most certainly does not win that fight. Hell the only tank who can reliably win a 1v1 with roadhog is Zarya if she is using her Barriers right.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.