[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Is this game any good? I heard it was comfy
>>
>>339994439

It's comfy until all your people start dying of plague, exposure, uncontrollable fires, tornadoes or there own inability to grab resources out of the storage shed next to their fucking houses.
>>
>>339994439
it's a fantastic city builder
on the surface it's just a simple resource management problem, but then it starts throwing wrenches that give you some hardcore cascading failures

it should give anyone interested in city builders/sims a good 10-20 hours of entertainment

if you see it for cheap, get it
>>
>>339994439
Just play Anno 1404 instead, which is superior in every conceivable way.
Banished is just a watered down clone
>>
>>339994439
It's fun for a while, though there are some mods that make it a lot better. Also I'm a total pleb and turn of the disasters because I hate getting a working village going and having everything torn apart in front of me.
>>
>>339994439

It's comfy, and the base game provides a pretty good challenge.

If you prefer building nice towns instead of just trying to survive, mods are great.
>>
>first time playing
>limiting house building to control pop growth while I work on other stuff
>don't take into account aging population
>end up in year 19 with 11 pop 9500~ food in winter

I'm desperatly building houses, I think I can make it but I've wasted years.
>>
the only thing comfy about it is the aesthetic, the gameplay is anything but

when I played it I cheated like shit just to make as comfy a town as possible
I'd give anything for a city building game where the point is to relax and make comfy, aesthetically pleasing towns. like a snowy mountain town; that's almost always impossible mode in a city building game
>>
Its a great game. Unfortunately, you can do everything there is to do in the game in one playthrough. And around 5 hours. Modders are attempting to add more stuff to the game. But it really doesn't fix the one issue with the game. There's no end goal.

Now I know there's gonna be some asshole who jumps up and down 'fuck you, there's no end goal in Sim City!!!!' Yes. But Sim City also had a lot of goals to achieve in the game even before building stuff on every single tile. In this game, the only real objective is to not die and get all the seeds/livestock. Once that's done, there's nothing really to do except making more houses and rising the population. And trying not to get killed by a plague or nomads.
>>
>>339994439
It's fun.

There's not much to it though, content-wise.
>>
It seems like you would figure out how to win pretty quickly and it wouldn't have a lot of depth. Am I wrong?

I'm not that experienced with city builders. That's how Tropico 4 was for me (build these buildings this spaced apart, build these close to these, etc., pretty much learn these things a few hours in and repeat them forever), but the campaign was still pretty good because of the various scenarios and maps. And of course the charm of the game itself. So it seems like with a game like Banished you could solve it pretty quickly and then there'd be nothing left.
>>
>>339995428
>because you supplied your filthy peasants with dank weed now they're all wealthy middle class in townhouses

No, Anno is retarded.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.