[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch - Chests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: overwatch loot infographic.png (180 KB, 594x631) Image search: [Google]
overwatch loot infographic.png
180 KB, 594x631
Here’s how that converts into actual items, getting you enough boxes to either open one randomly on average, or enough credits to make one you want:

> A random legendary takes 11 hours to earn solo, 9h36m in a group.
> A specific legendary takes 31h54m to earn solo, 28h2m in a group.
> A random epic takes 4h24m to earn solo, 3h52m in a group.
> A specific epic takes 8h48m to earn solo, 7h44m in a group.
> You make back the cost of the base game ($39.99) in 46h56m solo, 38h50m in a group.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-loot-legendary-skin-chance
>>
I'm...not really sure what the purpose of this information is?

Like is anyone surprised with the abysmal droprates and chance %s with this?

Blizzard fucking sells the things, they're literally the cancerous gachapon system from shitty Asian games and MMOs.
>>
>25 boxes required to guarantee a legendary
that's not how probability works
>>
>>339960810
because it's a system that scales up your chance of a rare item if you don't get one in a long time?
>>
>>339960810
It is in Blizzard games. It uses psuedo-random RNG.
>>
I opened 32 boxes and I have 2 legendary skins.
>>
>sample size of 500
>2000 items
>Average drop rate of legendaries is 1 in 10
>1 in 10 is 2.55%
>>
>A random legendary is worth $10

False. They aren't worth shit because most of them are ugly as fuck.
>>
>>339959625
>All of it's asthetic
>Average person will probably only want some skins
the fun Halloween Skins won't be out for a while

I honestly don't get why people are complaining
>>
File: Prof. and Cat laugh.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Prof. and Cat laugh.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>339959625
>Putting real world value on items that basically nobody besides the buyer will ever get to legally use.
>>
I wish that earning achievements earned you some Tricky Blizz Fun Bux™. The point values assigned to them are meaningless on PC and PS4.
>>
>>339961207
i'm level 28 and only have 2 legendaries, devil mercy and lone wolf hanzo, at least they are decent. really wish it was imp mercy.
>>
>>339961668
what do they do on xbox?
>>
>>339962005
I wish I had skins for fucking heroes I play. I have young genji and the DIE DIE DIE faggot in white with a guitar.
>>
>>339962092
>mainly use Mercy/Lucio/Reinheart/76 in a pinch
>only skins I get are for swedish chef and clint eastwood

fuck my life
>>
>>339962089
Cumulative Gamerscore, I'm guessing. Superficial, but something at least.
>>
File: 1464047742790.jpg (164 KB, 656x1024) Image search: [Google]
1464047742790.jpg
164 KB, 656x1024
is this bait
>>
>>339962424
I wish trading skins was a thing, but blizzard would never do that.
>>
Cool, can you sell this stuff in game for real time money?
>>
>>339962773
No, it's just some fag trying to "justify" this shit.
>>
>>339960810
Works like hearthstone.

Hearthstone is like 20 packs or something and if you didnt get a legendary 1-19 its 100% on 20.

It resets ALWAYS back to what it is at 1 the second you get a legendary.

Overwatch seems the same.
>>
i remember when d3 launched and i could sell legendaries for real life money too
i wont fall for it again blizzard
>>
>>339962904
I made $250 from 1 drop though in D3.
>>
>>339962892
I can 100% confirm that is false.
I wasted money on that game and bought the 50 packs when TGT dropped.
The claim is you get one every 40 packs, min.
Out of 50 packs, I got one in my 47th pack.
Whereas friends of mine got 5+ from their 50 packs.
>>
>You make money by playing Overwatch
Except you fucking don't.
>>
>>339963069
You are full of shit.
>>
>>339959625

>you can make 91c an hour playing overwatch

uhh

what

if I can't sell the stuff then I'm not making any money
>>
>>339963069
You're full of shit.
Reddit did extensive testing on the pity timer and it's pretty much confirmed at this point that you are guaranteed a legendary in your 40th pack without a legendary. This timer is pack specific, so if you got a legendary in a classic, your timer for classic packs would reset, but your timer for TGT/Old Gods would remain as it was until the 40th pack or you get a legendary.
Do some research before spouting shit.
>>
>>339959625
wait do people actually care about the cosmetic items in overwatch?
>>
>>339963640
>Not wanting your waifu to look as kawaii as possible
>>
>>339963457
>>339963252
>Same intro line
Thanks for expounding on why I'm full of shit, but I am exceptionally pissed too.
I opened ~20 packs prior to that shitshow since my last Legendary and then it took ANOTHER 47 to get (1) Legendary.
I checked the Reddit shit, but I am not kidding you when I say that.
>>
>>339963702
I don't really care.

it's a video game
>>
>>339963783
You are lying.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3zaeou/pity_timer_on_packs_opening_analysiskinda_proofed/
https://hearthsim.info/blog/the-grand-tournament-card-pack-opening/
>>
Aren't the box drops rigged to where statistics like this are an inaccurate measurement? Like there's a 100% chance to get a "rare" I'm pretty sure as I've never opened a box that wasn't at least 3 whites and a blue. Three whites and a blue seems to be the standard.
>>
>>339963961
I reiterate. I checked this shit, cause I was astounded at having the worst luck in Hearthstone and everyone says it can't happen, and yet I'm still here with luck worse than should be possible. Feel free not to reply, because my story is still true.
>>
>>339963963
The Blue has the highest chance of being "replaced" with a higher tier drop, so it is the most common drop to disappear.

Ever notice how your epic/legendary is USUALLY in the same spot (the one where the Blue usually is)?
>>
>>339962980
i made 90€ from 2 months playing
it wasn't worth it
>>
>>339959864
This. Anyone who thinks this system isn't skewed HEAVILY to discourage grinding for them and encourage buying them is insane. If you want cosmetics in overwatch, either pay or sacrifice a goat to a God of your choice in hopes of him granting you divine intervention
>>
>>339961310
Because people care about skins

You being a generic teenager with apathy isn't a counter to it.
>>
>>339962892
Actually, overwatches system is exactly hearthstones but even more jewy/skewed against the player. So a pay to play game has an even more restrictive system than a F2P game
>>
Honestly. If this is the "price" to pay for free content updates I'm fine with it.
I have no interest in cosmetic shit but if it keeps kids buying shit off of them so the rest of us get free content, so be it. I'll get whatever I want eventually.
I'd rather have this shit then paid DLC splitting the community.
>>
>>339959625
>you make 91 cents an hour playing overwatch
who's dumb enough to believe this?
>>
>>339959625
>play game
>think boxes are neat but don't give them special focus

I don't understand why these threads are being made. The items are all shit in the first place so who cares? When will you be using those emotes and skins aren't much to look at.
>>
>>339960810

It's not a true random.

So, in this context, it doesn't matter if thats how it works everywhere else :)

LUV U UPBOATS
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.