[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth getting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: Alien_Isolation.jpg (63 KB, 260x300) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Isolation.jpg
63 KB, 260x300
Is this game worth getting?
>>
>>339959608
main game yes, dlc not
>>
>>339959608

Yes, is one of the spookiest games you'll find. OST is pretty amazing and the design of the settings is flawless.

Underrated gem.
>>
NOPE.
>>
>>339959851
This is the correct answer OP
>>
>>339959608

no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
>>
Top notch graphics, atmosphere, sound design, and captures the look of the film PERFECTLY, but playing it gets old long before the end because the horror turns to tedium and frustration.
>>
>>339960238

>answers with a shitty youtube let's play video

Newfag.
>>
>>
>>339959608
graphics are amazing, but it's full of trial and error gameplay. I I got a refund for it.
>>
>>339959608
Fuck yes. It's 2 hours too long imo tho.
>>
>>339959608
It has about 8 hours of great gameplay that is dragged out to 14. One of the few great games I wish was shorter.

It's still very good though.The first time the alien shows up for real (not the scripted sequences) almost gave me a heart attack.
>>
File: ayy by someone else.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayy by someone else.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339961698
More like 10+ hours too long

should have been a 5 hour game like outlast, any longer and the red light green light gameplay gets boring as fuck since it doesn't really change and there are no puzzles to add variety to the key finding.

doesn't help the stealth is pretty much broken
>>
yes

somebody just post webms please
>>
>>339959608
I've played it through more than any other single player game in recent memory. Still scary every time. DLC goes on sale often so wait for it to be dirt cheep. If you are getting this on PC like you should be it's one of the best optimized games ever made. Running 4k near max on a 660gtx 30+ fps.
>>
15 years after Alien 1 and about 30 years before Aliens, you are Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda working for Weyland Yutani. The blackbox of the Nostromo has been found and brought to bankrupt Sevastopol Station and you go to retrieve it for Weyland and also figure out what happened to your mother and her ship. Once you get there shit happens.
people have been disappearing on Sevastopol station for about a week, and everybody think a killer is going around, nobody trusts anyone and they all think you're the killer because they don't know you, and none of the survivors has ever actually seen the alien. This and people fighting over food and water also kinda explains why most of the human NPCs are hostile, but there's also some friendlies.
The alien got to the station by the crew that picked up the Nostromo blackbox and also landed on the same desolate planet, and found the alien ship and basically relived the plot of Alien 1 themselves, except they got back to Sevastopol Station with their hauler. at first it seems there's only one alien, but gameplay-wise it soon feels really off because it's illogical that the alien would always be in the same general location on the giant space station as you, and after killing the alien by a completely over the top plan, you soon find out there's an entire nest in the reactor area. The Sevastopol androids kill all remaining humans they find because after Weyland got word of a xenomorph on Sevastopol they quickly bought the bankrupt station and told all the androids to protect the alien at all cost from any danger until they arrive to capture it. After all your friends die you just kinda blow up the space station and then float around in space in a space suit for a bit, it's implied you're found by the ship that came to capture the alien before the credits roll
>>
Yes
It needs to be much shorter though

The alien learning from your tricks and hiding and killing you if you try them more then once is great
The game is 6 hours long, but it's padded out with pain In the ads androids until it's 12 hours or so which is the worst issue with it
>>
HOW DO I GET PAST MEDICAL

FUCKING XENOMORPH LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>339959608
yes, fantastic game, drags on a bit.
It's like outlast but has actual gameplay and exploration.
>>
>>339962050
I challenge someone to post a more atmospheric vidya webm. Everything from the flickering lights, the alien blinking in and out of view in the darkness, sparking electronics, is just visually stunning.
>>
>>339965756
How old are you?
>>
>Alium can show up before its scripted first appearance if you dick around in the beginning too long and rape you
>>
>>339959608
Yep. Best survival horror/stealth game in recent memory
>>
pirate it. you wanna link?
>>
>>339966110
yea

or should i replay splinter cell chaos theory
>>
most over rated game in /v/ history, up there with other completely mediocre games like donkey kong tropical freeze and red dead redemption

>bad alien ai
>too long for its own good
>god awful minigames thrown at you constantly
but /v/ underageb& think it's god's gift because it has an ok atmosphere and some attention to detail in the environment unlike every AAA game they've played
>>
>>339965884
35. You?
>>
>>339966674
>unlike every AAA game they've played

you mean unlike any game in the last decade, sadly
>>
>>339966674
>Red dead redemption
>Overrated
Opinion disregarded
>>
Reminder OP is a shill who makes this thread every day.
>Reminder OP is a shill who makes this thread every day.
Reminder OP is a shill who makes this thread every day.
>>
>>339968137
>Red dead redemption
>Not Overrated
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>339968164
I'm not, but you're right I saw a thread about the game yesterday too. Opinion seems divided over whether it's door opening simulator 2014 or a decent horror survival.
>>
>>339959608
It was good. Completely and horribly overrated, but it was good.

Really long, the human sections are boring, the android sequences are even worse and the game gives you way too many ways of dealing with the alien.

Also has an ending that makes you rolls your eyes.

Oh and there was a Queen onboard the whole time, but you never encountered her.

Had some great moments though. Outlast just did it better. Horrified that /v/ chose it as GOTY over Bayo 2. It wasn't even the best horror game of the year. Evil Within was better.
>>
>>339965561
>FUCKING XENOMORPH LEAVE ME ALONE

Noise makers are the only thing worth crafting. They trivialize the Alien.
>>
>>339970046

don't they learn to ignore them?
>>
>>339960238
>spooky wario ware

okay, that was funny
>>
>>339969838
>Really long
>as if this is a bad thing
>>
>>339970797
But it is? Look at half the posts in this thread. Look at most of the reviews for it.

It was a good 8 hours too long.
>>
>>339968197
>opinion disregarded
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>339971059
Not him but I really liked the length personally. Wasn't as scary but I liked the atmosphere in general and was happy to have as much time as possible in the universe
>>
It's boring as fuck
I think people like it because it's an easy and boring scary game
>>
>>339964526
>>339961881
Man, I played A:I for 50 hours. At least it was on Hard.
>>
>>339959608
i liked it
>>
>>339970176
Never saw the Ayy straight up ignore them. I think they do become less interested by them, i.e. the noisemaker buys you less time.
>>
GOTY 2014
Oddly polarizing of a game, either you love it or you hate it

I fucking love Alien as a film so I thought it was a great game
>>
Solid 8 / 10

One of the best sci-fi horrors of all time
>>
Met the first alien before going into that elevator/train thing. Couldn't even see it because the screen was so dark. The obvious intensifying music indicating it's presence just made me confused in where it was located and not scared in the slightest.
>>
worst alien game. Sadly no idea why people are so happy with a hide and seek simulator. Its really good on graphics and atmosphere no doubt but as a game... better off with FEAR or Deadspace
>>
>>339975628
>worst alien game
I hope you step on a lego
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.