[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the boss that will make me uninstall Dark Souls 3. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
This is the boss that will make me uninstall Dark Souls 3.
I've never had that much trouble in a Soulsborne game, except maybe with Orphan, but this fucking faggot is like Orphan on steroids. Seriously, what is this shit, I never died more than 4 times in a soulsborne boss, and now I'm getting assfucked for the 12th time in a row.

No time to attack, no time to heal, no time to regen, it's like this faggot is on meth and the one time I manage to get to his second phase, I didn't last more than a few seconds.

Fuck from and fuck this guy.
>>
If his first phase is troubling you so badly, just do single hits in between dodging his attacks, or you can parry his strikes

In his second phase:

1: wait until he summons
2: wail on the summon as much as possible while he's still in summoning mode
3: if you haven't killed the summon, don't focus on pontiff, focus on the summon when you can, a good time is the double jump strike
4: kill the pontiff as he is far less aggressive in his second phase
>>
>>339949487
Probably bait but what the fuck man, he killed me about 15 times but managed to learn his patterns and found his second form even easier. Just don't panic roll. There's more than enough delay to punish him
>>
are you using a heavy weapon? hes hard with a heavy weapon, and the eqv of a buffed hollow with a straightsword.
try parrying if you cant beat him normally, helps some people.
>>
>>339949487
Beat him on second try.
Learn to play unlocked.
Learn to not use shield.

DS3 has some of the easiest bosses in the series.
>>
>>339949487
I beat him with a regular greatsword OP...You know, the worst fucking weapon in the game because Poise doesn't exist and the damage isn't good enough for the stamina use? Git fucking Gud.
>>
>>339949487
beat him on my first try. hes easy.
>>
Just fucking parry him. He's as easy as Gwyn.
>>
>>339949817
I play with a flamberge+4 and a shield. And I always had trouble with parrying in souls games, so I stopped trying a while ago.

>>339949713
Does he summon a second clone if I kill the first one? The main issue is that I run out of estus.
>>
So long as you're midrolling, you should be able to dodge the vast majority of his attacks. He has openings where you can smack him once or twice. Blocking is just a waste of stamina, and he does so too frequently to really make it viable.

In the second phase, just bumrush him, attack his clone while it's still spawning. You should be able to take most of its health away, and then prioritize killing it. He attacks much less frequently during his second phase, so he has more openings.

He is pretty tough. But I suck at this game, and I still managed to beat him solo with a shit weapon.

Breathe. Take a break. Go play something else. Go outside or something. Come back later with a clear head.
>>
>>339950221
yeah he'll eventually summon another one
>>
>>339950221
He gets a second one out, yeah. He usually dies before a third one comes out, thougj.
>>
>>339950380
*though
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to kill blood starved beast oh god
>>
>>339949487
I don't really understand how you could have trouble with one of the easy bosses of ds3 while claiming to not die much to other bosses.

You are either lying or overestimating your abilities.
Now go back to the boss and git gud
>>
File: SRpontiff1461376709110.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SRpontiff1461376709110.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>339949487
gg ez
>>
>>339950471
Plz be trole

Pull it to the pillars and whack it in the ass
>>
>>339949487
He's super vulnerable to parry
>>
>>339950221
>can't parry
>claims he's good
>>
>>339950493
this, pontiff isn't harder than orphan
>>
>>339949487
summon a phantom if you're having that much difficulty
>>
https://youtu.be/_W5f0vKyABk
>>
>>339950221
>+4
should be +6 by the time you hit pontiff, did you find smouldering lake?
>>
>>339949487
He's not that bad, I even beat him on my first try during my bow only run
>>
>>339950885
I had fun with DS3, but it really just made me appreciate how fucking good Old Hunters was
>>
>>339950802
I never said I was good. I simply that I never had any problems with soulsborne bosses except orphan. So far it's the hardest souls game for me. I also got assfucked quite a lot by the abyss watchers.

>>339950938
I play pirated souls. Are there any offline phantoms? I haven't seen any summon signs in ds3.

>>339950762
I'll try that.

>>339950493
I don't know man, I don't do it on purpose. I first or second timed every boss in DS3 so far, except abyss watchers were I died 5 times. But here, oh jesus.
>>
>>339949487
beat him first try having only 5 estus. DS3 is my only Dark Souls game. get a shield and git gud.
>>
>>339951503
>can't parry
>having trouble with the easiest souls game
>pirate fag
>>
>>339950535
>posts webm of a speedruner
>not even himself

Every thread
If you don't post your own webm just don't post any webm at all
>>
>>339951745
>being a shieldcuck
>gitting gud

pick 1 fucko
>>
I thought that Nameless King was a lot harder than Pontiff.
>>
>>339952005
>le git gud meme

I bet you died at least once and healed at least once
>>
>>339952060
Every boss was piss easy
Souls games were never really hard to begin with but DS3 is just way too easy. Estus heal way too much, dodge rolls have infinite fucking iframes, every weapon does shitton of damage and bonfires every few seconds
The only bosses that require attention are pontiff, champ and nameless because they're the only ones that have infinite stamina
>>
Trying to dodge all of his attacks is a sure way to get yourself killed. Just use a shield with high physical/fire resistance and hug him, most of his swings won't even hit you.
Try to stay behind him and give him 1-2 quick hits every once in a while. Get rid off his phantoms immediately and then it should be pretty doable.
>>
>>339951503
Try this:

hug his right (your left) arm and roll for the first attack he does. If he does the double diagonal cut or the 5 combo attack ending with the enchanted sword poke, hit him right after it, you can doge the 3rd and 4th swipe from the combo if you hug his right arm hard. It tooks a long time but it makes it easier.

Once he gets into his 2nd phase, right before he summons the shadow he vulnerable for a couple easy hits. after that, run away and wait for him and his clone to float in the air and do a divebomb towards you, they have a huge window to attack even with greatswords after that and you can hit both of them coming out of the roll you used to doge them. I had the Old Wold Greatsword for this fight, but it's so much easier with a quick weapon like the Uchi or Black Blade.
>>
File: 1456079646430.jpg (63 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1456079646430.jpg
63 KB, 640x960
>>339949487

if you haven't got gud yet, wait till his combo ends and hit him. Strafe around him when he attacks again, staying at a reasonable distance to his right side. When he charges up, move away.

2nd phase: just sweep the hell out of him and the ghost, then focus the ghost. Easier to punish his combos but they hurt more, so don't be afraid to keep some distance.

Alternate strategy:

Parry
>>
>>339950471
Fire paper and blood cocktails.
>>
>>339949487
>I don't know how to strafe to the right!
git gud fucking scrub
>>
Another nonsense trick is to try and keep him around that tiny stair set by the end of the pew aisle. In that area sometimes his attacks miss. I also spent some time leveling some stats before I finally beat him. I'm now stuck on the 2nd to last boss myself though so I feel your pain.
>>
>>339949487

Died first time to soul spear spam, second time I did him comfortably.

Most important thing is to close the distance. If you stay far away he'll spam magic.

Both of his stages have insanely strong charge attacks he'll use if you're a few metres away. His charge has a big build up, Hiding behind a shield is possible but the lock on can fuck up and it does insane damage if it hits, better to roll towards him.

If he does the regular melee attack you stick as close as possible with a shield up, chances are it'll miss you but the shield gives you added protection

His melee has a massive cooldown where you can either flask or get a few hits in, Roll away when he charges up the AOE where he sinks into the floor.

With the homing spam, wait for the noise, then roll until you're sure they've all triggered.

With the Arrows, you can choose to just run or to roll spam. Running is usually effective but watch out if he decides to use soul spear (rare but it happens), you can be fucked if you don't roll to avoid.

Keep your HP near maximum, the melee does stupid damage and will one shot you if you don't have massive HP. This isn't a drawn out fight so you shouldn't run out of flasks.
>>
>>339952828

God dammit, I'm a fucking moron who's blind, ignore me.
>>
>>339949487
I'd like to say he's the hardest boss in the game, but now on every new character I make by the time I get to him I'm overlevelled to shit from beating Dancer and Dragonslayer armor early out of habit that I can literally tank every hit and facefuck him.
>>
What the fuck is everyones problem with this guy?
Didnt die a single time to him in 3 runs, and I need at least 5 for the Storm King.
>>
>>339952282
>Souls games were never really hard to begin with but DS3 is just way too easy.
compared to previous souls games? i would say its mechanically the harder one, tied with bb, but we're just too good at these games now. compare the bosses 1:1 to where they are in the world. iudex is easily harder than ass demon, vordt is harder than tarus, etc.
>>
>>339953935
>vordt is harder than tarus,
Taurus can fuck you over because of how little space you have to fight him. You can stay behind Vordt all the time and the only attack that can hit you is his charge.
>>
>>339950535
>over levelled faggot
>>
>>339954370
>little space you have to fight him.
sure, but he's also 2x slower than vordt giving you more time to react, and can die in 3 attacks if you pay attention to the archers.
>>
File: 1450228071092.jpg (19 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1450228071092.jpg
19 KB, 600x375
>>339949487
Well then have fun fighting THE MOTHERFUCKING FIRSTBORN SON OF LORD GWYN
>>
File: 1464070786049.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464070786049.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>339949487
>Try parrying
>Or just summon
>>
>>339950272

This. Sometimes I am getting as fucked by a boss, then I turn the game off for the night and come back in the morning and one-shot him. Dark Souls literally fatigues you
>>
>>339954925
100% serious here, I don't get this meme.

Nameless King wasn't even top 5 hardest Bosses in DS3 for me, Champion, Pontiff and Dancer are top3 no doubt with Soul of Cinder also being harder than Nameless.

Shitloads of health and damage aren't a problem if he never hits you and he telegraphs everything.
>>
File: poo.jpg (29 KB, 187x494) Image search: [Google]
poo.jpg
29 KB, 187x494
Dark Souls is for people that like games like Kaizo Mario, just doing the same things over and over and ooover until you memorize every little thing and become a robot. I uninstalled that shit within two hours, got no patience for wasting time like that, I prefer games like Isaac Rebirth etc that you can't just memorize.
>>
>>339954370
>Taurus can fuck you over because of how little space you have to fight him.

If you fight him on top of the tower, you have all the space in the world.
>>
>>339949487
Died about 15 times to Rom.

Killed this guy first attempt.

Strafe to his right and never get hit.
>>
>>339949487
Summons, man.
>>
>people unironically have trouble with pontiff
lmaoing at ur life RN
>>
>>339949713
Do people actually have trouble with his summon? I found his first form harder because you have less time to react and still hit him.

In his second form he waits until his phantom attacks and then does the same attack, letting you know what he's about to do, so you can prepare to attack him.
>>
>>339949487
try parry in short get good
>>
I've been using the Pike. Why is it that you can parry the pike's weapon art when it's on its wind up, before I even attack? Is this a bug?
>>
>>339950221
I used a flamberge too for the entire game, beat him first try because I put a lot of effort into learning to parry good. basically practice parrying and you'll get it in no time, friend
>>
>>339949487
Just cheese him with a greatshield

I don't know how people are able to beat him without greatshield turtling, his attacks are relentless.
>>
>all these people complaining about taking 3-4 tries with a boss

????

It takes me like 50 tries per hard boss and I don't bitch once.
>>
>>339955282
ok
>>
>>339956926
parry
>>
>>339957207
too hard
>>
>>339956926
Dont use great shield

Dragon Crest shield is more than enough and doesn't weigh your ass down
>>
>>339950471
Stay close, when he goes for the lunge dodge to the left, if he didn't fly halfway across the map charge up your r2, be patient. Most of its attack strings are made to punish back dashing, as long as you dodge to the side, trying to circle around you'll be safe. This works against many other smaller multi-legged creatures (werewolves, bloodsuckers...).
>>
>>339954925
By playthrough 3 I killed him on my first go
>>
das3 bosses mechanically the hardest and the most complex in souls series(on par with BB) but player mechanic overwhelmed the odd too much. FROM should nerf the Estus speed, dodge iframe, Boss stagger and weapon output damage to balance thing out. Atleast this will appease the tryhard shitter.
>>
>>339957350
his attacks burn through stamina too fast. greatsheild is the only way
>>
really ? the guy is sperging and crying on an image board because he died 12 times on a game ?

this is the reason video game industry is fucked nowadays

how many times do you think people died before they could clear old games ?
mega man on the nes ? ninja gaiden ? contra ? battletoads ?
its part of the game you retard, learn from it, improve yourself and move on
>>
OP here, I beat him.
For some time I could get to his second phase without getting hit, but then it got hard. And once he was 1/20 hp he goes berzerk and I can't do shit.

Thanks for the advices /v/, you're the best.
>>
>>339949487

>le souls game forced meme thread

>le dark souls 3 hardest bossfite edgy XDDD

you realize all souls games are forced memes, right?
the gameplay has always been mediocre, with only a few good moments (too few)
>>
>>339954485
>>>339950535
>>over levelled faggot
Nice meme
>>
>>339957454

Can I visceral his ass if I stun him from behind?
>>
>>339955043
>Soul of Cinder also being harder than Nameless.
SoC is a fucking walk in the park compared to Champ or NK. Pontiff and Dancer are easy as shit
>>
>>339961051
Opinions bro
Only Champ and Pontiff are difficult Bosses in my opinion (as in, might take more than 3 tries).

SoC and Dancer aren't very hard but still harder than NK.
I'll say it again - opinions
>>
>>339949487
I thought that was Aldrich for a second.

You just need to make distance between the ghost from the original and then dodge while attacking every now and then.
>>
His second phase is objectively easier.

If you're struggling just get a Target Shield and parry his shit.
>>
I agree, Dancer was nearly impossible to beat with one hand.
>>
>>339950089
Greatsword has hyper armor, when used effectively it functions as temporary poise on every swing. It's good. You're just bad.
>>
Anyone want to help me beat dancer? SL24, trying to get into lothric castle.

Pw is taco
>>
>>339965997
Let me boot up my NES
>>
>>339966149
KEK, Im on pc sorry I forgot to mention
>>
>>339966214
I'll be there in like 2 mins, sign by the Dancer's door
>>
>>339966214
>>339966286
>boss door glitch
>no critical battle can be accessed now
>rip in piece host

Thanks FROM
>>
>>339966286
Fog gate glitch BS?
>>
>>339949487
i am very surprised to hear he's harder than orphan. like i have no idea.
>>
>>339966608
Right? Well fuck back to gitting gud I guess
>>
>>339966705
Yes
>>
>having problems with one of the more fun and fair bosses

>>339950272
I actually beat him by hiding behind a shield for most of his attacks.
>>
Thanks again FROM. Anyone know how to fix this fucking glitch?

Also Aleska, just bone out of it if I don't show in the room after a few secs
>>
>>339949487
do you know what parrying is?
>>
>>339950535
Elajazz is the best player in the world man
>>
>>339967120
I dont think I can bone out while youre in game though.
>>
>>339967272
Oh, I'll crystal out next time if this shit happens again. Sorry
>>
>>339949487
Hug his purple sword and keep going near it

Now fuck off.
>>
File: disappointment.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>339949487
Literally DodgeRoll the Boss part Deux Bloodborne Rising.
Killed him first try. Was super disappointed. Thought the memes were true and he was gonna be hard.
>>
>>339967331
All good, I appreciate you trying at least. Fucking from with this shit STILL. Been dealing with this shit since launch
>>
>>339949487
>tfw he's gonna burn to the nameless king
>>
>>339967439
Ok I don't even fucking know what to do. This time I saw you walk through the door and no fucking message displayed so I still can't enter. I swear to fuck this happens so fucking much for Dancer
>>
>>339967538
Yeah, well if it doesnt work, no problem. You tried, I accept my fate
>>
>>339949487
Stop being a pussy. I had to kill that fucker when my build was 2 handing the shitty Great Scythe with the lightest armor I could use because I wanted a quickroll. 2 hits would kill me even with Deep Protection. Oh yeah, I was leveling fucking faith of all things, but I beat him.
>>
>>339967640
And then I died, sorry about that. Consider leveling up your VIG tho.
>>
>>339967538
Had no flask by the time you died and get her down to last hit and got greedy. Fuck me
>>
>>339968058
>>339968058
Its 23, so I can take hits, but my flask is only +1 so they do jack for healing
>>
>>339968125
Give me 2 mins and I'll be back.
>>
>>339968224
Np, waiting at gate
>>
>>339968352
Ok next time, give it a few seconds after summoning. Because right after you're just sliding on the floor and shit doesn't seem to work, rip you this time
>>
>>339950471
>have so much trouble against him on release I had to resort to summoning
>come back a year later and I beat BSB on my 2nd try
What a time.
>>
OP I died to Pontiff ~7 times (all on first phase) and then someone on /v/ told me "roll left on the first phase".

Beat him on my first try after seeing that advice. Try it.
>>
I'm sorry, apparently I suck and VIG is a crutch ;_;
>>
Pontiff Sulyvahn did NOTHING wrong

I defy any of you anons to disprove this statement you can't
>>
I beat him with a large club at level 40 after a couple tries.

You can even parry him.
>>
>do no damage
>1 hit takes off 60% of my HP
>no HP

How the fuck am I getting nerfed this fucking much?
>>
>>339968521
Did you get the souls at least? Thank you so much btw, you killed it this last time
>>
Fuck the Dancer

Still got rewards and souls, so whatever.

Glad I could help after all, level up your VIG holy fuck
>>
>>339971397
Im SL 26, and my VIG is at 23. I put almost every SL into it, what do you want? Anyways, thanks for the help, time to grind these fuckers in the castle
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.