[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else feel like this gen of consoles wasn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Anybody else feel like this gen of consoles wasn't really much of a leap? Like, the advances in both game design and technology wasn't great enough to justify a new system at all. There has been little innovation.

Most games coming out on consoles are remakes or HD updates and sequels.

>oh great a new zelda
>oh great a new uncharted
>oh great a new gears

And look at the consoles, it's been only a few years and we're already getting a new nintendo console. And both microshit and sony are releasing upgraded versions of their current consoles. Proof enough this gen has been a complete failure.
>>
>>339940974
This era of games sucks. Not just consoles. Gaming becoming too popular has ruined it
>>
>>339940974

Yea the ps4 is 2 years old and now we're getting the neo in a few months

Didn't even let it reach ps2 levels before it was replaced.
>>
Yep, by becoming more popular, creativity has been so restricted, it feels... As if almost every game is the same, nothing really new and mindblowing like when we were younger.

Could be that's just us, but... it's hard to believe it when we compare simply
>>
>>339940974
Devs are playing safe, they don't want to take risks anymore, even Nintendo.

Oh well, guess it's time to find new hobbies i guess?
>>
>>339940974
>>339942310
>>339942593
>>339942697
Sucks to be you then. I'm having the time of my life.
>>
Vidyagames are going the way of film. Everything will be a remake of a reboot of a sequel of a spinoff.
>>
File: 1462595885412.jpg (97 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1462595885412.jpg
97 KB, 792x558
>>339943295
>playing on console
>having the time of my life
>>
>>339940974
>failure
>50 million ps4 sold
>uncharted rivals any pc game
>most users were fine with last gen hardware and didn't give a shit about 1080p60 to begin with
>new gen launch always a blow up
yea phone model is the way to go
>>
>>339943357

and mediocre content will make billions of dollars. VR is going to sell 150 million ps4s in the next few years.
>>
>>339943407
also, with ps4 neo people think muh 1080p60 but you'll probably see 4k@24fps with freesync as casual/console userbase prefers image quality

cap this
>>
>>339940974
I like the PS4 a lot but I'm not really a PC gamer anymore so that's probably why. About half my PS4 library is multiplatform, while my Xbone library is all exclusives, and I play it less as a result.
>>
>>339943295
Because you are too young to know any better. I wish I could say the same. Anyways, enjoy the half games sold broken at retail for full price. Do not forget to get the season pass and buy the microtransactions
>>
>>339943606
>freesync
>via HDMI
>on TVs that don't have adaptive refresh rates
what
>>
>>339943830
http://wccftech.com/amd-shows-off-freesync-over-hdmi-concept/
>>
>>339943407
How is uncharted 4 going to be different from the first 3?

Ok this is just shitposting console war fuel, but I am legit interested, how do you feel uncharted compares to other TPS like Lost Planet? Do you not feel that you need something a little more than shooting and bad platforming to make a game interesting?
>>
>>339944003
That is interesting but it doesn't change the fact that no tv on the market supports FreeSync.
>>
>>339940974
I've noticed when gaming companies get too big, creativity is stiffened and barely anyone utilizes the gimmicks of the consoles. Essentially, yes, the PS4 and Xbox One are NOT huge leaps in performance. We still can't even get the standard of game performance which is 1080p, 60fps.
>>
>>339940974
PS2 era is still the toppest of tiers.
PS3/X360 brought games like Demon's/Dark Souls, Catherine and refined some franchises like Ninja Gaiden and revived the fighting games.
This gen brought Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, however I'm most hopeful for FFXV to change that
I started with Sega Mega Drive 2 and had PSX - those were good, but simple times.
I legitimately can't play games from those two eras anymore
>>
>>339944003
Samsung CF591 and CF390 have Freesync over HDMI
http://amzn.com/B01CX26WPY

>tfw fell for the gsync displayport meme
>>
>>339940974
>Most games coming out on consoles are remakes or HD updates and sequels.
You're fucking blind, man.

>it's been only a few years and we're already getting a new nintendo console
When NX comes out it will have been almost 5 years, which is a perfectly acceptable length for a generation.
>>
>>339944773
You must be stupid, every month the PS4 has a Remaster. That's what this generation boils down to.

More hilarious, Dead Island 2 was announced. Then they released a Remaster and the SteamDatabase removed Dead Island 2, they're not even developing sequels. Just Remasters.
>>
File: Morser_Karl2.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Morser_Karl2.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
I've enjoyed this gen a lot.

>Gravity Rush
>Tearaway
>Fire Emblem Awakening
>SMTIV
>Splatoon
>Pikmin 3
>Bloodborne
>Uncharted 4
>FFXIV:ARR

There are downsides like Vita and WiiU dying instantly and PS4 full of AAA garbage, but I've enjoyed it so far.
>>
>>339945096
what did you expect there's a handful of AAA that takes like 4 years, a shitton of indie crap and all the middle sized devs have died, giant companies rehash decently selling franchises
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (48 KB, 300x491) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
48 KB, 300x491
>>339940974
>Like, the advances in both game design and technology wasn't great enough to justify a new system at all.
yeah yeah yeah. Go back to early 360/PS3 games and enjoy the sub-HD resolutions (I mean, you sure like to bitch about 900p and how 1080p should be the bare minimum. I would like to see your reaction to BELOW 720p that many games were rendered at)
Remember: the original 360 didn't even come with a HDMI port.

Or go play MonsterHunter3 on the Wii and see how you like the sharpness of the image, that shit was worst than playing PSTV (aka vita's image upscaled to a larger monitor)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.