[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all terrible What the FUCK went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1323246567.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1323246567.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2400
>all terrible

What the FUCK went wrong?
>>
>>339934068
maybe it's not the games but you, anon. think about it.
>>
Your dad, when he gave birth to your mom.
>>
>>339934068
>AoD
>Div OS
>Staglands
>Dragonfall and HK
>Underrail
>PoE
>Wasteland 2

>anywhere near bad let alone terrible

lmao
>>
>>339934246
>>339934249
>>339934397
It's pasta, guys. Just hide the fucking thread.
>>
>>339934068
>AoD

Agreed, the idea was interesting but combat was shit and writing wasn't anything clever like it promised to be

>Original Sin

Fun gameplay, shit writing, good music, overall pretty good

>Shadowrun Returns

Shit

>Shadowrun Dragonfall and Honk Honk

Pretty fucking awesome, but mediocre gameplay, still my favourites out of this bunch, HK a bit less so

>PoE

Agreed, the gameplay is shit, the setting is bland, the writing is uncharacteristically bad for Obsidian

>Wasteland 2

Got bored 5 hours in, bland combat, bland writing, haven't tried enhanced edition, though.

Haven't played Underrail or SitS, or even heard of that last one.
>>
>>339934702

Maybe, but I don't mind discussing it with other anons, even if OP was just shitposting.
>>
Let's rank 'em.

Dragonfall>Eternity>Hong Kong>UnderRail>Wasteland> >>>>>>Returns

Haven't played Decadence and Serpent.
>>
>>339934923

You forgot Divinity.
>>
>>339935096
Oh yeah, will be playing that right before 2 comes out.
>>
They're all great except for Returns and Wasteland 2.

The autism and angst over Pillars of Eternity on here is pathetic, just like the eternal dicksucking for the vastly overrated Baldurs Gate series that is always raised alongside the vapid and shallow criticisms of PoE.
>>
>>339935321

I played BG after PoE. You're right in part, it doesn't have writing that's any better, in fact, most companions are annoying and Irenicus(who gets praised as a great villain) is awful besides his voice acting.. But BG2 really knocked it out of the park with how fun it was to explore, how much better some of the quests were, and how varied it could be, and while the gameplay was generally not that great, breaking it in various was incredibily fun, as well as dealing with some strong, unique enemies PoE never had. It also had much better itemization.

PoE mimics a lot of BG, and for some reasons it's the parts that were bad in the first place.
>>
While we're on topic of PoE, how are the DLC?
>>
>>339934923
Underrail > Divinity > Dragonfall > HK > Staglands > AoD > Wasteland > > Returns > > > > > > > PoE
>>
>>339936052
Haven't played the second but WM1 was trash mobs: the expansion
>>
>>339936052
better than base game but it ain't saying much as it still doesn't fix fundamental flaws of the game
on top of that Sawyer fucking NERFED vancian caster classes that already were in deep shit
>>
>>339934068

>Divinity OS is bad.
>>
>>339935321

And even then, W2 isn't great, but if you like the kind of thing it was trying to do, there's no other game like it released in recent memory, so it's not like you can be picky.

It's decent enough I found. I finished it with some disappointments, but no experience-crippling displeasure, while I can't muster the will to continue the Witcher 3, for what it says about me.
>>
You forgot the rest of your copypasta
>>
>>339934068
>All terrible

Ah, fuck off.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are excellent, Divinity OS is one of the few cRPGs to actually experiment instead of just wallow in nostalgia (and does a great job of it. The only consistent criticism is that it's not serious enough, and in that's your problem have you EVER fucking played a Divinity game before?), and Underrail - well, it's okay.

Returns and Pillars of Eternity are the only ones I'd say are shit.

Though I haven't played RPGcodex's latest bitchboys Age of Decadence and Serpent in the Staglands. Feel free to redpill me on those, I don't trust RPGcodex on fucking anything.
>>
>>339936392
>Sawyer fucking NERFED vancian caster classes that already were in deep shit

They were? I mean, I only played the release build of the game, but my mages were kicking ass.
>>
>>339936939
oh boy
he nerfed most of the good low-level spells immediately
in 3.0 he removed per-battle casting replacing it with spell mastery which only allows to cast one spell per level on per-battle basis which added an immense amount of tedium
>>
Would HK be better if the MC had no relationship to the family?
>>
>>339936924

Serpent is one of those weird games I thoroughly enjoyed, yet wouldn't recommend unless I knew my interlocutor very well.

It had been a long time since I had felt that feeling of being in another world, exploring it and learning its ways. Very regressive game for better and worse.

I was pretty disappointed in AoD's way to cut up scenes. Makes sense, understandable why they did it, but then I also understand the complaints that sometimes the game feels almost more like a visual novel than a RPG.
Great use of conversational choices, inventive use of skills.
I don't mind the combat myself, I find it helps setting the tone, setting you in that world in which you're no hero, and getting the better in a melee over three other guys is an incredible feat, not something pull without a second thought.

Your mileage may vary.

>>339937309

To borrow from pnp theory, I really don't understand that gamist focus, when it's the simulationist aspects of the RPG rulesets that made them work in video game form.
>>
Maybe you just have shit taste anon.
>>
>>339937717

HK would have been better if it had better managed scale I think. Clearly the writer's) have a vision for what they want to do with Kowloon, and their engine cannot pull it of well enough. Also I think there was a rushed dev cycle for the last levels.
>>
>>339937717
There wouldn't be any catalyst or motivation for the MC to go to HK if there wasn't
>>
>>339937718
Alright, I might keep an eye out for Serpenty Slaglands then. It looked to be fairly interesting, thanks for the input.
>>
WHEN IS NUMENERA AND TRANNY COMING OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>339934068
Pillars sucked. AoD, DivOS, and Underrail were okay though
>>
File: 1404665919483.png (72 KB, 265x294) Image search: [Google]
1404665919483.png
72 KB, 265x294
>underrail starts kinda slow, first quest is literally "go there and kill rats"
>suddenly i'm against a fucking lovecraftian abomination, aliens, secret organization living in an abandoned space vessel, genetically modified cultists and can pilot a fucking dreadnought in one of the quests
>>
>>339938449
The best way for RPGs to start is with just the clothes on your back and a couple of chores to get familiarized.
>>
>>339938449
its shit
>>
>>339934068
>What the FUCK went wrong?
that nobody found a cure for you autism yet OP
>>
>>339934068
Regarding Shadowrun, what's wrong is you're not playing the tabletop game.
>>
File: 1453635905419.png (74 KB, 319x285) Image search: [Google]
1453635905419.png
74 KB, 319x285
>>339934068
>Falling for the indie meme
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.