[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
really makes you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: shill_pic_1.jpg (146 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
shill_pic_1.jpg
146 KB, 900x500
really makes you think
>>
I've never played a Witcher game. Should I start with the first one?
>>
>>339931520
that's the whole point of their marketing: offering more than the competitors.
Once they strengthen the brand and look for higher and higher profits, they'll pull the same shit as other companies.
Happens in every sector
>>
File: 1452312434076.jpg (17 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
1452312434076.jpg
17 KB, 640x406
>>339931606
Awful gameplay. I'd suggest reading all about the story and everything you can about the Witcher 1 maybe even watch all the important cutscenes in a video and then downloading a perfect 100% save of your choice from the Witcher nexus to transfer over to Witcher 2 so you get all the bonuses and such.
>>
File: o-YODA-facebook.jpg (385 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-YODA-facebook.jpg
385 KB, 2000x1000
>>339931765

Well, for the time being, what they do is good for the consumer
>>
>>339931520
Wow I feel like I'm really on reddit !
>>
>>339931765
This.

No business is immune to it, but some are better at maintaining an innovative culture for longer than others.

In a very simplistic description, basically the larger a company is, the more assets they can potentially lose from a failed venture. As a result, small companies can take chances on new technology, new IPs, new concepts, etc and risk very little.

This is why startups can go from garage business to billion dollar plus companies. Blockbuster saw Netflix coming years in advance, but they would have to risk their entire business to try to compete with it. Usually large businesses turn to acquisition, litigation, or denial at that point.

Electronic Arts wasn't always the shit company it is today. They just got too big.
>>
>>339931520
welp, guess im a #cruzmissile now
>>
Why did the games press universally give up the fight against charging for shitty add-ons in games? If these companies were publically criticised everytime they charged for 'horse-armor' we might get more DLCs like Witcher 3's.

Not buying it and bitching about it on message boards hasn't worked and im all out of ideas.
>>
>>339931520
Wow rofl UPBOATED xDDD so tru, us gaimers xDxD DAE gaben?1?!!1
>>
so HoS is to be played during a new game, is that correct? as it's quests for all levels?

and BoW is for after finishing the main game? is this accurate?
>>
>>339932805
Now that there is level scaling, you can play HoS after main game, BoW
>>
>>339933726
then BoW*
>>
>>339931606

Yes, 1 is definitely a bit rough around the edges but they are all good and frankly best played one after the other
>>
>>339931520
The call them expansions, though.
>>
>>339931765
You're sadly not wrong.

Remember how much they hyped up Witcher 2 as a huge "PC exclusive"?

Then the final game is much more linear and consolized compared to Witcher 1.

And then hey presto! They announce a Xbox 360 version a few months later.
>>
>>339932723
Todd is Godd
>>
>>339931520
>DLC
>Clearly says expansion pack.

Are you retarded?
>>
>Witcher 1 has awful gameplay
Switch to top down perspective and it suddenly makes more sense.
>>
>>339934536
>>339934936
nice try cdprdrone
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.