[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reaper of souls, buy ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: reaper.jpg (90 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
reaper.jpg
90 KB, 256x364
A lot of people say pic related is a huge improvement on the base game .
>Is it true, if so why?
>>
>buying Activision games
>buying Activision shit games
>buying dead Activision shit games
>b.b.but blizzard
blizzard is dead, it's just a label Activision use to funnel literal shit in your mouth, retard.
>>
File: jay wilson.jpg (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
jay wilson.jpg
6 KB, 268x188
Jay Wilson left Diablo to work on Warlords of Draenor.

That's pretty much why.
>>
>>339931221
they have shit taste
>>
>>339931348
I get that, but why are you so angry ?
>>
It's pretty much more of the same as D3.
People who are saying RoS 'fixed' the Diablo series don't know what was wrong in the first place.

The sad fact of the matter is, the core of the game is still the same. The core being that it is an endless grind for gear.

If you expect a little more from your games, like good quests and good story, then the game will still be meh to you. You'd play RoS once through just like Diablo 3 in maybe 9 hours and never touch it again.

Something like Legacy of the Void might give you more mileage. Just get The Witcher 3 imo.
>>
>>339931221
Just be prepared for grinding.
The whole game is pretty much non-stop grinding.
Think of a singleplayer wow dungeons with a lot of trash mobs and only a handful of bosses.
>>
File: 1463660339473.jpg (13 KB, 217x311) Image search: [Google]
1463660339473.jpg
13 KB, 217x311
>>339931790

Diablo has always been an endless grind for gear you fucking weak stupid cum dumpster
>>
>>339931790
THe major problem for me is that there is zero challenge. Literally all the difficulty increases do is give the monsters more health, to the point where you are forced into sets in order to gain the huge damage bonuses on certain abilities, so you can take less than an hour to kill things.

At least Path of Exile makes you pay attention, and you can die from debuffs and other monster effects rather quickly if you aren't paying attention.
>>
I played RoS at release and it was pretty shitty too. Playing again recently, which is 2 years later, things seem tolerable. As far as loot grinders go. Now it's basically what it should have been at vanilla.
>>
>>339931481
So the base game was better?
>>
>>339932205
no, but they fixed nothing of real value
>>
>>339931989
I was just about to say this. Everyone I know who has played Diablo online has done nothing but jack off over their slightly increased stat loot and have been doing so for years.
I'll never get Diablo players.
>>
>>339931989
D2 hasn't been a gear grind since forever. It's about trading, and ladder. Only single players baby believe the gear is the end game.
>>
>>339931221

It fixed everything.
>>
>>339931221
You get to grind more on top of your grinding so you can grind more and faster. That makes it GOTYAY.
>>
>>339932430

>getting on the ladder was hard
>so much work turning on my Baal bot

Lol fuck off, gear was the ONLY thing that mattered in d2
>>
>>339932278
So it is an improvement?
>>
>>339932605
not a huge one and the certainly didn't fix EVERYTHING
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-20.jpg (34 KB, 680x734) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-20.jpg
34 KB, 680x734
>>339931989
This, how the fuck can you play this game for more than 50 hours or thousands of hours. I played each class then got the warrior to max and did the spinerooni whirlwind buildfor 3 hours and quit. How do niggas do that for a thousand hours
>>
>>339932154
get gud
>>
If you are an ARPG fan then go for it.

This and PoE make a good job of keeping your interest inbetween seasons/leagues with their updates so
>>
Yea it's amazingly better, don't listen to these memers, if you like diablo you will like it
>>
>>339932430
So how do you trade if you don't trade for stuff to trade with?

Or do you buy everything from chinks?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.