[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to have good games on Android? How can they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Android-logo_tcm79-1232684.png (80 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Android-logo_tcm79-1232684.png
80 KB, 1600x1600
Why is it so hard to have good games on Android?
How can they fuck this up this bad?
>>
>>339921902
Because of shitty under-powered phones and having to accommodate for touch controls.
>>
>>339921902
Making good games doesn't generate dosh
>>
>>339921902
target audience, aka people that never played real games before, doesn't want to spend even 1 dollar on a good game.

Devs noticed this and make their freemium shit which normies like to play.
>>
Drastic DS is great.
>>
Inherently shit native method of input
Fragmentation on both the OS and hardware side
The need to appeal to the average phone owner

It's a perfect storm of shite.
>>
Because most Android users are neet virgins who pirate everything, which is why it's a waste of time for developers to make anything for it. Also, there's so many different models and specs, that making something uniform is quite the challenge. On the other hand, despite the lower user base applefags spend a lot more on apps and developers can concenrate solely on one platform.
>>
Order and chaos 2
Dead space for Android
Final fantasy 11 for Android
Modern combat 5
PSP emulator
PS emulator
>>
>>339922019
Smartphones are pretty powerful these days.

Battery life is the biggest problem. Touchscreens can drain a fully charged battery in just a few hours.
>>
File: 1460672685203.jpg (303 KB, 996x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460672685203.jpg
303 KB, 996x1080
>>339922479

>Final fantasy 11 for Android

That's a thing?
>>
>>339922240
Indeed.
So far, the only game I have for my GPD XD are emulators (which is fucking great), Pang Adventures, Hearthstone, Pacman CE DX, Sonic 2 and 4ep2, Crazy Taxi, and that's it.
>>
File: sr.png (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sr.png
24 KB, 250x250
>>339922478
>most Android users are neet virgins

Fuck right off la, I hear that obnoxious fucking Samsung whistle notification out in public more than anything else. It's not 2010 any more.
>>
File: unnamed.png (902 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
902 KB, 1136x640
>Pic
>Jetpack Joyride
All you need my boy.
>>
Just emulate some shit desu. You're lucky you're not stuck with a piece of shit iPhone that you paid out the ass for
>>
>>339921902
Touch controls are the worst controls ever.
Smartphone games are made mainly to appeal to your average Joe who desn't have any idea about gaming whatsoever. So you get games with shitty graphics, constant handholding and spoonfeeding, with option to boost your progress for certain amount of $$$.
>>
File: pocket league story.jpg (78 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
pocket league story.jpg
78 KB, 800x480
Best five bucks I've ever spent on a game.

>hire forward named Arthur Curry
>every time he scores put on British announcer voice and shout "THAT'S WHY THEY CALL HIM THE AQUAMAN, HE'S SWIMMING IN GOALS"
>>
>>339923794
hmmm not bad
>>
>>339923025
this
>>
Rayman jungle run and fiesta run are god tier
>>
>>339923794
Kairosoft makes the best games. They are easy to get into, yet have a high ceiling.
>>
>>339921902
Get the squeenix RPG ports like Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy Dimensions and Romancing Saga 2.

Also the Sorcery! series by inkle is fantastic.
>>
No one's interested in making good games on mobile. Only good money.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.