[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, what's the best MegaMan Battle Network game on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1398284612684.png (139 KB, 480x629) Image search: [Google]
1398284612684.png
139 KB, 480x629
Hey guys, what's the best MegaMan Battle Network game on the GBA?

I have MMBN3 and I was wondering if the other ones are better.
>>
3 is probably the best one but 2 is almost as good.

None of them are really bad though, some are just better than others
>>
3 is considered the best but I like 6 most.
>>
2, 3, and 6 are best.
>>
>>339921542
How is 5?
I just finished 1 2 and 3 and am considering skipping 4
>>
>>339921806
It's decent and is usually considered as what 4 should have been.
However, it's noted that the liberation missions are highly polarizing. Given that they makeup a sizeable chunk of the game, you may not enjoy it if you don't enjoy them. Also Team Colonel's story is better put together with an extra scene that isn't in Team Protoman. But some prefer Team Protoman's souls enough to pick that one anyways.
>>
>>339920803
Don't be a fagget, play them all.
>>
>>339921806

4 is very forgettable, there's almost no difference between having played it and having not played it.

5 is good. Thanks to chaos unison, if your timing is good, you can even use dark chips without the penalties.

6 is also good.

>>339920803

2, 3, 5 and 6 are all about as good as each other.
>>
>>339921475
The japanese version of 6 is often praised as the best by those who played it, since the american version is really short.

I liked 5 a lot cause it had the souls and you could play as other navis, also dark unison.

But 3 has probably the best endgame content.
>>
>>339925754
>the american version of 6 is short
what did they cut?
>>
>>339922001
>an extra scene that isn't in Team Protoman.
Only played Protoman. What's the scene?
>>
>>339925894
They cut all the Boktai chips, and one area in Undernet that is a big empty Boktai reference.
So basically, he's lying to you.
>>
>>339926032
isn't there a version of falzar that fixes that?
>>
>>339925979
A scene with Baryl and Wily at the end that establishes their connection better so Baryl doesn't come out of fucking nowhere in BN6 (as BN6 acts like you've met him before).

>>339926032
They cut the chips, a Boktai event, Undernet 3, Immortal Area, Graveyard 1, and all the area maps. And they renamed Graveyard 2 to just Graveyard while changing the function of the Bat Key from opening Immortal to opening a gate in the newly renamed Graveyard that led to some program for the NaviCust. It's still not that the NA version of BN6 is really short like that anon said, but it's not as few changes as you're trying to say.

So basically, you're both lying to him.

>>339926096
Someone did make a patch that restores (and translates) that cut stuff that is for Falzar version only so far, yes.
>>
>>339926408
That makes it sounds like the scene is exclusive to Protoman and not Colonel
>>
>>339926510
Baryl is only seen twice in Protoman, while he's your leader in Colonel.
Meanwhile Wily is exclusively seen only in Colonel.

On top of that, there's a character in each version of BN6 that talks purely about something exclusive to Team Colonel rendering Team Protoman as non-canon.
>>
>>339926408
You forgot that all E-Reader and BattleChip Gate functions were removed.
So no customizing MegaMan or Operation Battle Style.
>>
>>339926408
If I remember in protoman it was a mystery guy that erases Dr. DARKNESSSSSS's memories so he's not evil anymore but in colonel it was shown to be Wily revealing himself to be his biological father
>>
Play all of them.
This and pokemon are the only games I would never mind having infinite sequels.
It's just that good.
>>
>>339928574
Yes. The scene also involves Baryl and hints at their connection.
>>
File: Regal.jpg (729 KB, 1842x2576) Image search: [Google]
Regal.jpg
729 KB, 1842x2576
Why did Regal look like a fucking goblin in BN4 but actually kind of a badass in BN5?
>>
File: snapshot (11).jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot (11).jpg
43 KB, 640x480
The best is the one I beat 8 times.

Look at the continues
>>
>>339928759
I don't remember BN5
>>
MMBN3 is by far the best BN game and possibly best Megaman game.

Battle Network 2 is pretty damn good as well. BN5 is alright but it's not for everyone. BN6 is just shy of BN3 tier, the poor localization holds it back.
>>
So I have BN5 DTDS, and I was wondering why the fuck late game viruses are still droping V1 chips. Nebula Grey is fucking impossible with this bullshit.
>>
Sonia > Luna
>>
File: ShadowEXE.jpg (39 KB, 688x632) Image search: [Google]
ShadowEXE.jpg
39 KB, 688x632
Quick, post your favorite Navi.
>>
File: meddy.png (238 KB, 1024x948) Image search: [Google]
meddy.png
238 KB, 1024x948
>>339934931
>>
>>339920803
why do people like 3 so much when it keeps giving you bullshit reasons to go to the same places over and over again
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.