[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the not owners of PS3/4 are so butthurt over this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: v-trigger.jpg (120 KB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
v-trigger.jpg
120 KB, 1365x768
Why the not owners of PS3/4 are so butthurt over this game?
>>
>>339918037
I have a PS4, Its an average game, PC players are not missing out. shit idea for a thread OP.
>>
>>339918037
>game

Interactive movie which promotes lesbian sex
>>
>muh emotional story
>muh zombies
>muh survival

all you need for normies to think a game is good
>>
>>339918037
Nintentoddlers never get stories in their games. So when they see a game with a fleshed out plot, characters, and narrative they don't know how to deal with the cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>339918037
I have a PS3, and I ain't touching that game.
>>
>>339918037
I have a ps4, I'm not getting it because zombie games should always be open world survivals, not a linear fuckfest.
>>
>>339918037
Played and beat the game on hard difficulty.
To me it's one of those games where the story would seem amazing to those who don't watch movies. Like GTA V.

There were just many flaws in the game, the basic cover shooter gameplay, the pathetic stealth mechanic and idiotic ai. You could almost do the entire game by just using the overpowered melee strikes. The extreme lack in enemy variants hurt the game as well. There's 4 different infected. 4.

They had a good concept with the plant based infected and then they could only come up with 4 variants, those being pretty basic as well. The gameplay followed basic pattern, you fight humans 1 chapter, next chapter infected, chapter after that is humans again and then infected the next. Repeat for the entire game.

The puzzles were hilariously basic. Move ladder to position X. Move ellie on raft to position Y.. and that's about as far as their puzzle mechanics went.

The game was just boring and a 7/10 at best.

The worst part is the forced emotional storyline. You're introduced to this girl at the start of the game. She has about 5 minutes of screen time, maybe 20 lines of dialogue and then she dies. You're meant to feel sad at this point, men apparently cry at this point. How the fuck do you cry over a character u literally just met that dies?

People like to exaggerate their emotional reaction to a video game in an attempt to elevate the games story above what it actually is. "The story was so powerful I cried and I'm a man". People used these lines to describe Undertale "omg I can't play a bullet hell through all my tears". They try to make the game seem better than it actually is through some fake use of emotion
>>
>>339919150
how do you figure? shortly after the two girls kiss each other, one of them dies and the other one is miserable for the rest of her life unless the man guarding her is around.
>>
>>339919103
>I have a ps4

No you don't.
>>
>>339921605
your biggest problem is hard difficulty is essentially normal or even easy to anyone who knows what the fuck they are doing.

survivor or grounded is a MUST if you want to play this game.
also, the game never marketed the ladder bits as puzzles. they are glorified loading screens because the game has none besides initial bootup. also good spots to have exposition.
>>
>>339921846
>Play on a New Game+ Difficulty to experience the game properly

That's the problem, to unlock survivor you have to beat the game once. Your point of playing on Survivor for the best experience is kinda stupid, the game should be decent on its first playthrough at the hardest difficulty. What you're saying is you have to beat the game once to then play it properly the next time round? How fucking dumb is that.

After one playthrough I was done with the game for good.
>>
>>339921846
I also KNEW people would say "OMG play on the hardest difficulty otherwise you don't experience the game properly. So I did, with the hardest AVAILABLE difficulty.

A change in difficulty won't make the story any better or make new enemy variants or the ai any less dumb.

What does Survival or Grounded difficulty do? Oh makes the enemies bullet sponges and I have less ammo. Yeah that isn't gonna fix the game. That'd just make it more of a fucking chore to play
>>
Sorry, the ai will get slightly more intelligent. But that enemy AI was the least of my issues with the game.
>>
>>339918037
why would they be?
do PS3/4 display the movie in higher quality or?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.