[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is OverWatch Fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: r18rokdssihojhl9quv8.gif (4 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
r18rokdssihojhl9quv8.gif
4 MB, 636x358
>assfaggots is garbage
>you have to pay for skins
>almost no skill involved
>copied movesets

>Overwatch is amazing!
>copied moveset

I've asked several different people why they like Overwatch. "It's fun" was the main general response. None of them seem to say anything after that.
Why is it fun?
What makes it fun?

I've seen plenty of gameplay footage. It has no appeal other than hearing the characters make quips. It's like the fanbase never got into FPS's and this is the first one they really got into because Blizzard made it. Do you think there is bias because they had to pay for the game?

It's starving in game modes. From what I've watched, it lacks balance. Hitboxes are all over the place. Tons of moves that auto lock or have wide area cover.

I know /v/ can easily be a place for marketers to spam their bullshit, but is anyone falling for it?
>>
>>339917473

fun is just a buzzword where you can't find any actual reasons as to why the game is good - stop using it.
>>
>>339917473

Waifus, is the only way Blizzard sell games
>>
>>339917473
wow im super interested in the opinions of someone who hasnt played it
>>
>>339917473
go away gaben
>>
>>339917473
>>Overwatch is amazing!

>>you have to pay for skins

>>almost no skill involved
make an actual argument instead of a generalized statement
>Paying for skins when you get a free box like every 6 games
>>copied moveset
>?????
>>
i wish i fucking knew

i just play it when my friends invite me they're shit
>>
>>339917473
No you don't

>copied moveset
You can say the same about any game released in the last twenty years
>>
It's fun because I like it

FPS I also like: UT2K4, Timesplitters trilogy

There, you can't call my taste shit without looking like a huge faggot, faggot.
>>
>>339917473

>the kid's broken arm is the same in which he would wear the gauntlet
>kid is a shazam-like hero doomfist. He runs around with melee and rocket fist. ultimate is him transforming into doomfist and delivering a knock-back punch to clear control points and it knocks enemies down like rein's hammer
>>
>>339917760
the ultimate tactic. your move, op.
>>
>>339917652

Where do you think we are?

I've noticed tons of you shills do this "hasn't played it" argument only for it to backfire. You bring up no counter points.

I guess this means you should play every game you've ever seen to REALLY get a scope on it's quality. I mean, that's the only way to know for sure it's not shit!
>>
>Games can't just be fun

Yes, I know where I am but still.
>>
If doing something brings you momentary happiness, or entertaining engagement, it's fun. Not being able to put the reason into words isn't uncommon or unusual.

That being said I have no interest in OverWatch.
>>
>>339917845
How about the fan favorite, "You're just a poorfag", argument?
>>
>>339917473
>>assfaggots is garbage
Nah mate
>>
>>339917760

No, you like it because it's fun. But haven't explained why.

How can the game be fun because you like it?
>>
>>339917473
It's fun because it constantly rewards you with shit even if you're a bad.

Shitters can pick up kills with rocket spam
Get medals for nothing
Potg
Gambling loot box
>>
Why do so many retards think this game is anything like DotA or LoL?
>>
>>339917473
>Why is it fun?
Blizzard seal of polish, every aspect of the game runs smooth as butter- movement, shooting, general UI
A good roster of characters, each has some ínteresting part to them, haven't find one yet that I dislike playing
Big reliance on teamplay and positioning, giving the game more depth than is obvious at first glance, sound design is also breddy gud and vital for the gameplay
It has its flaws like too few gamemodes and no server browser but it's still pretty fun to play
>>
>>339918069
because not only are their multiple classes, but they have abilities on Q and E anon!

Q and E! they're practically the same game
>>
>>339917473

No you don't.
>>
File: traceronmind.jpg (257 KB, 1322x567) Image search: [Google]
traceronmind.jpg
257 KB, 1322x567
>>339917473
So when the fuck are they bringin these two back anyways? They have pontential for something great, hell Brian might end up being the next Doomfist.
>>
>>339917887

When you can't explain WHY or HOW it's fun, what's the point?

When someone asks you about your favorite game, do you just shrug and say "It's fun?"
Fuck no.
If they're really interested you tell them about all the stuff you find fun. All the cool stuff. Etc.

Why is it that this game gets a free pass for being fun, when there have been other shooters with character specific traits?
>>
>>339918179
>hit q to get free kills

how is overmeme not like assfaggots?
>>
File: 1212768380824.jpg (71 KB, 233x233) Image search: [Google]
1212768380824.jpg
71 KB, 233x233
>>339917473
Little boy identifies with the slutty girl with the tight yoga pants as his hero
>>
>>339917473
It is fun for me when are stuck and i single handedly make a play that gets us the point.

Kinda what i enjoy
>>
>>339918134
This desu. Feels like theres a lot of depth in the teamwork bits I still need to unlock.
>>
>>339917979

Because in a world with individual tastes and opinions, someone finding a game fun doesn't make it a fun game. It just makes it a game that is fun to them.

No one should have to argue with you about why they enjoy something unless they're trying to convince you to buy it, and chances are if someone is trying to sell you something they already know which details they're going to stress.
>>
>>339917473
holy shit OP, do you literally have no real understanding of what fun actually is? from the dumbass questions you're asking, it would actually almost seem so.
>>
I like it because it's easy and rewards good team work.
>>
>>339918296
You're the most basic kind of poster imaginable
There's no thought or logic whatsoever behind your posts, you don't know shit about anything and just aprrot memes but still feel the need to waste bandwidth
>>
Waifus.
>>
>>339917473
What was that older brothers fucking problem
>>
File: Tracer ss.png (151 KB, 1815x507) Image search: [Google]
Tracer ss.png
151 KB, 1815x507
>>339918310
Yeah he identifies alright....
>>
>>339918286

Maybe they say it's fun and leave it at that because they don't want to talk to you.

I bet you're loads of fun at parties.
>>
>>339918374

So, in a a thread asking people why they find this game fun "I like it" is the most legitimate answer you can give as to WHY the game is fun?

You're shit.
>>
File: 1446488659936.png (416 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1446488659936.png
416 KB, 500x447
>>339918286
why does he need to explain to some faggot on the internet?

If you dont like it fine. I'll keep having fun, and all my friends will keep having fun. You can keep sitting on the sidelines and bitching and it wont affect me whatsoever, besides giving me some slight schadenfraude because of how much it upsets you
>>
>>339918413
I can feel your buyer's remorse anon
>>
>>339917473
>assfaggots
who the fuck came up with this term, what does it even mean.
>>
It's really fucking sad we went from "fun is a buzzword" being a blatant shitpost to people unironically using it. I get it, most of /v/ is jaded and find few games fun, but that just means that games that are actually fun (see:Overwatch) are worth getting.

The majority of the people bitching about this game fall in the "I'm too poor to afford $40 so I'll pretend TF2 hasn't been dead for 5 years" crowd and it's really fucking sad.
>>
>>339917979
>>339918495

We are on 4chan.

I, as an average poster, will post simply to call you an idiot, and then close the thread because I don't care (and to play more overwatch)

And there's nothing you can do about it but keep not having fun
>>
>>339918549
Thanks for further proving my point
This board would improve tremendously if underage meming shitnuggets like you would just vanish one day
>>
>>339917473
>fluid animations
>beautiful visuals
>good sound design and music
>unique and interesting characters
>new maps
>40 bucks
>microtransactions are cosmetic and can be obtained by playing the game
>purely multiplayer much like other arena FPS, no bullshit story mode

It's pretty good.
>>
>>339918549
You really are a basic bitch.
>>
File: xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>>339917473
Dumb and casual players want low skill and instant gratification, especially if they get some pats on the back while doing it.

The heavy marketing and the girls in skintight clothing also helps convert these people.
>>
>>339918134

I asked why a game is fun and this is probably the only legit answer in the thread. The rest is just circle jerking.
>>
>>339917845
>I guess this means you should play every game you've ever seen to REALLY get a scope on it's quality.

yes, you should. especially if you expect anyone to take your opinion with more than a grain of salt

why are you getting so upset about people calling your shitpost a shitpost?
>>
>>339918623
Tough talking won't make the pain go away anon.
>>
>>339918590
It's a hilarious /v/ meme
Because, you see, it has ass and faggot in it, and that makes it worth being 10 letters long
>>
Are you so fucking retarded that you need to buy a ~totally unique~ skin to enjoy the game?

How much of a dipshit are you?
>>
>>339918495
Why do you enjoy shitposting so much? I need a concise, well thought out response as to why shitposting causes the obvious euphoric feeling you get from posting bait responses like this. Please note that using references to anything subjective or things than can't be quantified by hard data are incorrect answers.
>>
>>339918615

I fucked your waifu
>>
>>339918590
lurk moar, newfriend
>>
>another flavor of the month arena shooter
everyone just mass commit suicide, these are the only games we're ever gonna see for a while.
>>
>>339918495

In a world with anonymous posters, you're not always replying to the same person.

It's not the most legitimate answer, but you're coming from an extremely antagonistic viewpoint of already having a base dislike of the game. Trying to convince you to think otherwise is a waste of both of our time and you just want something to argue about.

Now, were you to say "Hey, I was thinking about getting Overwatch. What are some pros and cons of the game?", you'd get far more detailed responses than saying "Here is a game I dislike because people say it's fun. So not only do you have to convince me to not dislike it, you also have to convince me to approve of it".

No one has time for that nonsense. Just read numerous reviews. Some positive, some negative.
>>
>>339917473
Your post is so brainless, so impressively stupid, that your ignorance seems almost purposeful. I really hope it is, and that you're not this fucking dumb, and are just baiting for replies, because otherwise I'd just be sad that someone like you exists.
>>
>>339917473
It's not, there's just no good multiplayer games atm.

Overwatch is dead the moment a decent multipalyer game comes out.
>>
>>339917473
its an FPS MOBA, two genre that are popular. of course its fun.

Waifu help it more.
>>
File: 1381494556416.jpg (32 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
1381494556416.jpg
32 KB, 400x268
>>339918669
yeah, man. us real gamers arent into that kiddie shit
>>
>>339917473

haha jesus christ

Have a (You) for typing all that and being genuinely butt-flustered
>>
>>339918734
>"he doesnt get my hilarious meme"
you can suck my cock
>>
File: zelda.jpg (54 KB, 468x545) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
54 KB, 468x545
>>339917473
Why is it fun? What makes it fun?

Diverse characters, evocative world design, high level of polish. Figuring out new ways of approaching the game using the various characters.

If that doesn't please you, then why is it fun? Because when I play the game, my brain sends signals that I apparently enjoy and would keep to keep those various electrical signals to keep pulsing through my brain.

If no words explaining the reason why X person finds it fun, then I have provided a scientific explanation. I like the game, if I can't express it in words that please you, then I don't know what you tell you, sorry.

*back to overwatch for fun*
>>
>>339918286
Why's rainbow good? Why's boobs good anon? It just is.
>>
>>339918789
>MOBA

The fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>339917473
The game is fun, but it has many issues:

- The 20 tickrate is very noticeable, and it will cost you a huge chunk of your deaths. It also makes it very hard to pull off clutch moments.
- Lack of game modes

I'm sure there are more things, but these are the main problems i have with the game right now.
>>
>>339918818
Fuck off back to where you came from.
>>
>>339918715

>someone having a different opinion is shitposting

WHY DO YOU FIND THE GAME FUN?
How have you been spending the time to reply about shitty arguments, but not even explained why you like the game?
>>
>>339918653
>>purely multiplayer much like other arena FPS, no bullshit story mode

Some of the best arena shooters had a SP, you retard.

For what you get Overwatch is overpriced as fuck. It rivals Evolve in terms of shit value.
>>
>>339918889
>still thinking im a newfag because I don't find "assfaggots" funny
>>
I am jobless. How much does blizzard pay for you to shill on 4chan?
>>
>>339918881
My biggest problems are; the netcode, lack of UI customization, games being won with ultimates and ultimates charging way too fast and stun mechanics.
>>
>>339918495
Not anon, but if you actually want to have a discussion about the game, you might want to make a more appealing OP. As it stands, you bring a really poor comparison ith mobas that doesn't make any sense beyond the most superficial one, and you seem to be filled with a whole lot of negative bias. This makes it very unappealing for anyone to actually take the time to post why they enjoy the game, because chancesa are you'll just ignore the post, or respond with more memes
>>
>>339917473
If there is almost no skill involved, then why do I suck at the game?
>>
>>339917565
so what's wrong with that?

If it's not fun for you or you just don't get it, then don't play it and focus on other shit.

Is /v/ that bitter about people having a good time because they're just so jaded?
>>
>>339918958
Woah there hombre, I just asked a simple question. WHY DO YOU FIND SHITPOSTING SO ENJOYABLE?

You take the time to write out a short answer (250words minimum) meeting the requires that I laid out, and I'll be happy to explain to you why I find Overwatch fun.
>>
>>339918996
>stun mechanics a problem in a Blizzard game
wow, can they ever get this right?
>>
>>339919038
Your q button is broken
>>
>>339917979
Why are boobs good? Why in the sunset good?

It just is.

Can you explain why you're attracted to woman and not men? Or the other way around? No? Well shut the fuck up.
>>
>>339918989
It's not that you don't find it funny, it's that you've never heard of the term. Lurk more as that other guy suggested.

>>339918961
>Some of the best arena shooters had a SP, you retard.

And they were pretty pointless. The point of an arena shooter is to be competitive with actual players, not to kill AI.

>For what you get Overwatch is overpriced as fuck.

Are you tell'ng me that you want a single player experience to justify the price? Also 40 dollars for a game with such replayability is in no way shape or form "expensive" unless you're a poor NEET. If you don't like the game, fine. But don't go spouting idiotic shit like this.
>>
>>339918810
Has nothing to do with kiddie shit.

For example the Bayformers are not made for children, even though they should be.
>>
>>339917667
JUST BUY MY CRATE KEYS
>>
File: file.png (937 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
file.png
937 KB, 1024x683
>>339919129
>he's so bad that he doesn't know how to deal with ults
>>
>>339919137
>Can you explain why you're attracted to woman and not men?
Yeah I can. I am not mentally insane
>>
>>339919126
The old lead designer for WoW worked on Overwatch and I guess he has a boner for stuns in games. They feel horrible in a competitive FPS.
>>
>>339919213
>he plays overwatch
>>
>>339919232
>not liking dick

What a faggot.
>>
>>339917473
but skins are free
>>
>>339919106
It's probably the fact that /v/ gets spammed by marketers who make 10+ threads whenever a new game comes out shitting the board up even more than it already is
>>
>>339919298
>come on its 2016
>>
File: 1464853923497.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1464853923497.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>339917473
>>
Got less than an hour on Genji and already feel like a pro.

Meanwhile, over at ASSFAGGOTS, it takes at least 20 games to fully master a champion and get everything down, and even then I feel like it's not enough, and most of the time it isn't. That's why you have retards with over 2000 games with 1 champion

The games are 40 minutes long each. You ult every 10 minutes or whatever. It's frustrating as hell and the mindless farming doesn't help at all and sometimes your progress can just get wiped out if the game progresses long enougn.

This is why URF was so popular. Rito should've right away after 2014 just went with that and worked on balancing it and making it a fulltime part of the game. In fact, that's what they implied when they first announced it, that it would be the future of League. But nope, now it's just something they threw away like the fucking idiots they are never thinking that their shitty game would get stale and destroyed by competition
>>
File: satisfact.png (224 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
satisfact.png
224 KB, 760x572
>>339919290
that wasnt me, that was my brother. hes a homo hahaha what a retard. im the cool one though
>>
>>339917565

it's not fun, but it's popular on twitch

two different things, anon
>>
>>339917845
>You bring up no counter points
>When you can't explain WHY or HOW it's fun

It's a fucking video game you autistic faggot. Don't get upset at people for having fun just because your mummy won't buy it for you. Loser.
>>
>>339919461

So, you find it fun because you're trying to justify your purchase? Is that what you're saying?
>>
>>339918826
>Diverse characters, evocative world design, high level of polish. Figuring out new ways of approaching the game using the various characters.

So everything besides the actual gameplay? That's Blizzard alright.
>>
>>339919169
>And they were pretty pointless. The point of an arena shooter is to be competitive with actual players, not to kill AI.

Oh so we're using buzzwords like "pointless" now? Well in that case Overwatch itself is pointless since it doesn't even have any kind of progress. It's the exact same shit over and over ad infinitum with low amounts of content, modes, etc.

>Are you tell'ng me that you want a single player experience to justify the price?

I want it to feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Don't even start with this "replayability" shit when you can play Pong forever but that doesn't justify a 60$ or even 40$ pricetag (only on PC).

It has fucking few maps, even fewer modes (3, but really it's just 2), few heroes, no depth, no SP, no nothing. Not even a good progression system.
You can see everything the game has to offer in under 1h. This is the very reason why people think that it should've been F2P (I don't however), because it has about as much content as release TF2 did and that doesn't even a 40$ game, but bundled in the Orange Box and later sold at less than 20$.
>>
>>339919629
Wow you're such a retard
>>
File: 1208544678955.jpg (37 KB, 169x250) Image search: [Google]
1208544678955.jpg
37 KB, 169x250
>>339919384
>>
>20hz tick rate with mostly clientside hit detection, because getting stunned by someone you can't see yet is 'fun'
>headshot multiplier with an already fast average TTK
>ultimate 'i win' button
>small maps with few flanking routes
>6v6 so any dead weight on your team and you're fucked
>no 9v9, no 12v12
>low skill ceiling
>mei
>no surf maps

why are people still playing this?
>>
>>339919820
Casuals.
If it isn't obvious to you by now blizzard games cater to the lowest common denominations
>>
>>339918996
The only ultimate that seems to charge absurdly fast is Hanzo's ult. It seems like he just shits out dragons.
>>
>>339919629
I never even said I played it or that I think it's fun. I'm just telling you that you're a dumb retard for caring so much. You're clearly just looking for an argument
>>
I've already played Overwatch 80 hours. More than I've played any other game besides MMOs.

I haven't been able to enjoy games these past few years, but Overwatch is really addicting. Never played a shooter before, either.

inb4 Blizzdrone

No. Fuck you. Starcraft, Warcraft (the RTS games), Diablo, Hearthstone, and HotS are all shit.
>>
File: cute-and-fun-baby-photography3.jpg (68 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
cute-and-fun-baby-photography3.jpg
68 KB, 1366x768
>>339919820
>>
>>339919930
>pointing casuals
>the game is better than twitch cods/csgo/siege
>most likely wouldn't play autistquake
>doesn't present any alternatives
>>
>>339919636
That's not a buzzword anon, it's the truth. People don't play Quake 3A/Live or Unreal 2k4 for a good single player experience.

>Well in that case Overwatch itself is pointless since it doesn't even have any kind of progress.

At least do your research anon, the game has a progression system with competitive mode coming in a month.

>Don't even start with this "replayability" shit when you can play Pong forever but that doesn't justify a 60$ or even 40$ pricetag (only on PC).

Does pong have 21 character and 12 maps with more coming soon? Does it have teamplay? Or different strategy to how each game is played?

>It has fucking few maps, even fewer modes (3, but really it's just 2), few heroes, no depth, no SP, no nothing. Not even a good progression system.

Maybe if you repeat this enough you'll make others believe in you. TF2 fucking launched with 6 maps and was extremely well liked. Saying that it has no depth is just retarded. What kind of depth do you expect from a first person shooter? You point at people and shoot them, it's always been the case.

You just seem displeased with the price tag which I can't at all agree with. 40 bucks prevents underaged kids from playing and disincentivizes hackers from hacking.
>>
>>339919952
All of them charge really fast but, Widow's Mercy's and Tracer's charge way faster than Hanzo's fyi.
>>
>>339919952
The only one that is too fast is Mercy's
>>
>>339920041
It's ironic actually because he said that some of best arena shooters have singleplayer, when Q3 didn't have one
>>
>>339919956

>looking for an argument
>people saying "Is shouldn't have to tell you why I find it fun despite that being the original question of the thread."
>some people actually posted legit answers

Right, the only arguments that seem to pop up are from people that are getting super pissed they can't justify the video game other than "i like it" while other anons actually put thought into their posts with reasons and explanations like I originally wanted.

The ones who have responded with full answers, thank you.

The ones who circle jerk acting like what I think shouldn't matter, why did you respond in the first place if YOU weren't the one looking for a fight?
>>
>>339918286

why are you so autistic?
>>
File: 1464825768208.jpg (345 KB, 842x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464825768208.jpg
345 KB, 842x2000
>>339920041
>competitive mode in a month
>implying casuals won't have jumped ship for the next flavor of the month shit making this meme fps irrelevant
>>
guys, the superior shooter is ace of spades 0.54
>>
>>339920009
>better than csgo
In csgo, you had to use a hack to aimbot
>>
File: 1444732538892.jpg (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444732538892.jpg
58 KB, 400x400
>>339920328
>Overwatch will be DOA
>Overwatch will be dead in a month!
>Overwatch will be dead in another month!

Pathetic.
>>
>>339920328
Good thing people who will be playing the competitive mode won't be casual then, huh?

>making this meme fps irrelevant
Keep hoping, anon. I will be having fun playing it.

>>339920395
Why did the devs ruin that game anyway? Are there old servers?
>>
I hate these people, either they don't play fps games, or they like to "pretend" they play dead arena shooters that nobody else plays anymore (people stopped playing those because didn't find them fun anymore).

Imo OW is perfect middle way. It's more engaging and fun than TF2 (which is enough), and it requires more skill in certain areas than TF2, you can't play actually more classes than scout/demo/soldier/medic , because those were the only comp classes

Oh but it has moba elements like skills? Well if you don't like it then you can wait for UT4 to be released and stop bitching, yes? Or if you don't play fps games then gtfo.
>>
>>339920475
>more skill
People unirionically believe this
>>
>>339919336
well, if only we had some sort of people moderating this site.
>>
I came from battleborn to overwatch originally. Is there something I wish OW had? Yes, BB showed that base vs base is indeed where my true heart resides, I wish OW had either CTF or some other base vs base game mode. Yes I would "maybe" jump into a game that does base vs base very good, but those are niche and tend to die quickly. I liked Crysis 1 mp / wars because it had base captures / tanks etc, but those games don't seem to be what industry wants. No the current BF games are not what I want either, THOSE are the kiddies casual games.

Arma 3 failed, there's nothing to play, I'll stay with OW for time being.
>>
>>339920448
yeah, there are old servers
there was a aos thread yesterday
search ace of spades 0.54
download
install
press win + r
paste aos://3469668425
run
0 players right now though, the autism party is no more
you can look for other aos servers too
>>
Why do people not want others to enjoy the games they may not enjoy? Like.. what does it matter? Just play what you LOVE and most importantly have FUN! :3 :3 :3
>>
>>339920541
If you think mobas like LoL and DotA don't take any skill at all, then there's something wrong with you / you don't know any better. OW might have less emphasis on shooting than TF2 (which in turn has less than quake), but it has the moba skills / team fight skills / have to have good situational awareness.
>>
>>339920668
kill yourself
>>
>>339917473
I have like 60 hours in OW and the game's already getting stale. There's no hero or map variety, every fucking match plays the same.
OW heroes only have a single unique selling point and don't do anything else, unlike in assfaggots like dota where there's always a multitude of builds and playstyles even with one hero. And since there's so many, barring FOTM, no two matches are ever the same. Compare to OW, every fucking match plays the bloody same. A reinhardt on the payload, a mercy on their balls, mccree covering the flanks, a torbjorn on defence, a symmetra on the first cap, a lucio in every fucking game. This game needs some fucking variety, stat. Give the heroes, all of them, more versatility, so they don't suck at everything that isn't their designated job.
>>
>>339920041
>At least do your research anon, the game has a progression system with competitive mode coming in a month.

I have retard. The "progression" in this game is a fucking joke.
All it is
>level up = get a loot chest
>loot chest has random trash shit like sprays, avatars, recolors or shitty spoken lines
That's it.

Also this "ranked" mode won't change a fucking thing, even if they slap on some dumb MMR number.
Fucking CoD has 100x better progression system than Overwatch.
Overwatch is one of the most pointless games you can play if you want to go that route.

>Does pong have 21 character and 12 maps with more coming soon? Does it have teamplay? Or different strategy to how each game is played?

Does Overwatch have 2 lines and a ball? Is Overwatch a timeless classic? Does it have perfect balance where individual skill trumps all?
This is the kind of retarded reasoning you're using.

>Maybe if you repeat this enough you'll make others believe in you.

Yeah man, Overwatch has 30 maps, 7 modes, etc.

>TF2 fucking launched with 6 maps and was extremely well liked

Again retard, TF2 was not a 40-60$ game, a AAA game with massive marketing behind it. It was one tiny game in a package consisting of Portal and Half-Life 2: Ep2.

>Saying that it has no depth is just retarded

No it's not retard. It's designed to be accessible and shallow so any retard can pick up and play it. You can master a character in this game in sub 15min. After that all you have to do is improve your aiming which isn't depth, but something inherent to fucking any FPS.

A game like Quake 3 Arena or UT took way way more skill to get good at. Knowing the maps and timings actually mattered as did mastering all the weapons with all of their quirks. Overwatch is a massive fucking dissapointment, which is all current Blizzard seem capable of doing.
>>
>>339920668
Because autists get triggered when you disagree with them
>>
>>339920760
Edgy or what?
>>
>>339920715
>team fight skills
>have to have good situational awareness
same as tf2
>>
>>339920203
>It's ironic actually because he said that some of best arena shooters have singleplayer, when Q3 didn't have one

Yes I said SOME. Good of you to let us know you're illiterate.
>>
>>339920770
It comes down to another point, does a game need to have progression system to be inherently good? Some of the best classics like Return to castle Wolfenstein MP or BF1942 did not have any progression system either, and people played those games non-stop when they were around. Have you seriously not played any games beside the newest BF and CoDs? I mean yeah it worked well on BF2 because the game itself was good, but everything after that has been cancer because the games have been bad, and no item / progression system can compensate for inherently bad game.
>>
Overwatch voice server bruhs
https://discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvKLR7T5
>>
>>339920802
yeah edgy :3
>>
>>339920906
Yes because Quake 3 wasn't "de facto" most played arena shooter back in its day, right? Sure unreal games had, but everyone played q3
>>
Is $60 such a big deal to some people here? I spend more than that on a night out.
>>
File: MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png (799 KB, 1000x737) Image search: [Google]
MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png
799 KB, 1000x737
>Still giving a shit about Overwatch when the GOTY comes out in a few days
>>
>>339921021
It's 35-40usd for PC version
>>
>>339917473
Quick drop in and drop out play. Assfaggots usually require 30 to 45 minutes, overwatch is 10 to 15 average per round.

You can change hero on the fly to adapt

Very little micro, low skill ceiling

Map awareness is important but not as important

It's basically just casual and fun, meant to be played in short bursts.
>>
File: 1463975773844.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1463975773844.gif
410 KB, 221x196
I'm trying to play Widowmaker to practice my aim but what always ends up happening is they also pick Widow just trade ult kills back and forth. There's next to no sound cue for it so even if I know exactly where she is (without ult), strafe out perfectly with her lined up, I end up dying because of the see through walls shit is on. And she gets it so quickly it happens every 60 seconds it feels like. I mean I guess its "balanced" in that I get it too but what the fuck is the point? Its just a skillless death or kill that's totally out of your hands.

That's really my whole issue with the game. No matter how good you are, eventually some faggots Q is going to just ruin you. The whole game is just mindlessly trading your ultimates back and forth for ebin kill feeds. Ultimates really take away from the game.
>>
>>339920446
>>339920448
>literal 2 posts apart

ok blizzard shills
>>
>>339920920
>It comes down to another point, does a game need to have progression system to be inherently good?

It does when it has low content and is shallow. Otherwise it get boring for anyone requiring any form of brain activity to have fun.

>>339921003
>Yes because Quake 3 wasn't "de facto" most played arena shooter back in its day, right? Sure unreal games had, but everyone played q3

If you think Q3 was the only arena shooter (or the biggest one) that people played then you're massively ignorant.

Also UT was overall the much better *game*. The more complete package with more modes and so on. The modding scene was also strong while Overwatch has no fucking modding or even private servers.
Overwatch is a fucking joke.
>>
>>339921075
Yeah but I wanted to use the upper bound.
>>
>>339917473
try playing it, retard
>>
>>339920328
I doubt Blizzard gives a fuck they've made a ridiculous amount of money so now Metzen can keep up his coke habit
>>
Well you don't have to pay for skins and its fun because no skill is involved, or at least very little skill.

Also what do you mean copied movesets? Like from other games or copy characters like smash?
>>
>>339920770
What do you want from a progression system? Guns hidden behind grind walls? Do you actually think CoD's system is good?

>Does Overwatch have 2 lines and a ball? Is Overwatch a timeless classic? Does it have perfect balance where individual skill trumps all?
This is the kind of retarded reasoning you're using.
Moving the goalposts much? You were talking about replayability and now you're talking about the game being a timeless classic? You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

>Yeah man, Overwatch has 30 maps, 7 modes, etc.
>Few maps, fewer heroes, no depth, no sp
Your words not mine. Fewer heroes? It has too many heroes by any team based FPS standard out there. Most of them have 6-8 heroes.

Actually retard, TF2 was a 50$ game when it launched. It was in the orange box. Later on it went down to being sold by itself for 20$. It being a tiny game among other old games is irrelevant. You had to pay 50$ to play it. And Overwatch is imcomparable to TF2 at launch. It has way more content in it.

>You can master a character in this game in sub 15min. After that all you have to do is improve your aiming which isn't depth, but something inherent to fucking any FPS.

Ahahahahah, I'm fucking done. You have mental issues. What kind of "depth" are you talking about when all there is is gun accuracy, situational awareness and listening to sounds in other Arena FPS.

>A game like Quake 3 Arena or UT took way way more skill to get good at.
I never said that Overwatch was better than those games, nor did I say it requires more skill. You're bringing up moot points. After playing a billion hours of Quake and Unreal, you tend to want something different.

>Overwatch is a massive fucking dissapointment, which is all current Blizzard seem capable of doing.

Go bitch about it to someone else, I'm done.

>>339921148
Buy my game anon, pls ;_; I really need you to buy my game.
>>
>>339921021
>Is $60 such a big deal to some people here? I spend more than that on a night out.

It's not that people can't afford it, it's that they don't like stuff being overpriced.

I can for example easily afford a 1000$ apple, but why would I buy it for that price?
>>
>>339921143
NO ONE CAN ESCAPE MY SIGHT
>>
File: mei is a sniper class.gif (3 MB, 789x438) Image search: [Google]
mei is a sniper class.gif
3 MB, 789x438
>>339917473
>>
>>339921538
>whopping 5 fps
>>
To sum it up:

It's a blizzard game so blizzdrones will buy and play it no matter what.

It's simple and casual, the skill-ceiling is non-existent. That caters to everyone not looking to play competitively, which is 99% of the playerbase.

Blizzard did a great job making the women in the game attractive looking, securing millions of beta waifu-fags cashing out for just that. Seriously this is the easiest group by far to get hooked. Just show them a nicely animated ass and they're sold.

It probably won't ever be a serious competitive game though, due to low ticks and the fact that the game is immensly boring to watch.
>>
>>339921309
>It does when it has low content and is shallow.
More maps than TF2, more detail in maps, more heroes, more builds

>it get boring for anyone requiring any form of brain activity to have fun.
Your opinion with no basis, which you can shove up your ass.

>If you think Q3 was the only arena shooter (or the biggest one) that people played then you're massively ignorant.

There were UTs and Qs, out of which Qs had significantly more players to play.

>Also UT was overall the much better *game*. The more complete package with more modes and so on.

The way I saw it, everyone was playing Quake mostly. Sure there probably were those who preferred UTs, but the way I see it most were playing Quake.

>The modding scene was also strong while Overwatch has no fucking modding or even private servers.
Overwatch is a fucking joke.

This is a good point, but it's imo the only point you have.
>>
>>339917473
Why do you ask questions when you already know the answer?

OW isn't fun. People keep playing it for the same reason they keep watching soap operas. Because they need something to do and they are too lazy to find some real fun or get into more demanding hobby.
>>
>>339917473
You're looking for a very specific answer that you're just going to discard the second it's given to you no matter what, it's pointless to argue with someone with their mind made up.
>>
>>339921486
Because disposable income? It's only overpriced to people who can't afford it. Why do diamond rings cost what they do? They're even more pointless than Overwatch.
>>
>>339921651
Are you being ironic?
>>
>>339921609
more maps than TF2 had at release*
>>
File: POP2 2014-10-02 02-04-35-96.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
POP2 2014-10-02 02-04-35-96.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>>339921606
>Just show them a nicely animated ass and they're sold
Damn right
>>
>>339921726
Not really. It's pretty much my observation.
>>
>>339921851
A really bad one
>>
What I think what is happening here is that players who don't play FPS games are criticizing OW when they don't even play FPS games. I think that just shows how shallow and weak mindset these people have.
>>
>>339921851
Excuse me while I laugh at you then.
>>
>>339921903
You don't know too many casuals, do you?
>>
>>339921651
Sooo video games in general then?
>>
>>339921606
>Waifufags
>Millions
nigga you're crazy
>>
>>339921970
Depends on the game.
>>
>>339921919
Based on what evidence?
>>
Had fun in the beta on PS4. Might get the game but I only have one friend who plays it so it's eh. Game is fun, I like the art, the lore,I like the characters and switching between them, but without a team of bros I feel like it'll get old real fast playing with and against shitters every round. I mean, fuck, I'm a shitter, but with a consistent team it's alright.

I'll probably stick to TLOU online or move to Uncharted 4's multi if the community stays alive.
>>
>>339920217
>He's still replying
>>
>>339922045
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>339921606
>It's a blizzard game so blizzdrones will buy and play it no matter what

give it to gearbox and it will flop excatly like battleborn
>>
>>339922210

It is my thread, anon :^)
>>
>>339922115
People pretending TF2, UT or Quake matter this day. Those are small games for small audiences, people who like them can play them, but it's utter fallacy to expect a wider audience of players to adopt those games. Why learn a set of skills that wont be useful in any other game than those few, that are not even made these days?

Hell, it's either pretending, or just people who don't play fps games at all. It's pretty obvious that anyone who values fps games doesn't have a reason "not" to play OW, because it has some of the best mechanics out of modern fps game, very good gameplay, many heroes.. or are you going to send people play Tribes 1? Lets get real here.
>>
>>339921458
>Moving the goalposts much?

You don't even know what that means.
What I did was use the exact same argument you did, but reword it to prove how stupid it was.
You see you listed differences of Pong compared to Overwatch, when the argument was about "infinite replayability" not being a good argument to justify any pricetag. In other words YOU moved goalposts here.

>Your words not mine.

You claimed what I said wasn't true, now you backpedal. GJ.

>It has too many heroes by any team based FPS standard out there.

With how shallow they are, yes they are too few. Now this wouldn't have been as big of an issue if the rest of the game wasn't low on content and shallow.
You see the main issue is that it gets boring fast because there is no good chunk of content (like modes or w/e) to sink your teeth into or dig deep in the the good depth the game could've had.

>Actually retard, TF2 was a 50$ game when it launched.

Oh wow, you can't even read what I said, well done megatard. I already said that TF2 was packaged in the Orange Box WHICH ALSO HAS EP2 OF HL2 AND PORTAL IN IT FOR 10$ MORE THAN OVERWATCH LOWEST PC PRICE.

>What kind of "depth" are you talking about when all there is is gun accuracy, situational awarene...

Because you have to learn the maps (which are 100x better designed in the older games) because of gun. powerup and health placements (a big deal). Then each gun was way more difficult to use than in Overwatch.
For example the Shock Rifle in UT can be amazing once you learn to properly use the beam and the ball along with consistently using the function of shooting the ball with the beam to detonate it. In UT you had to learn and master all weapons since you don't pick weapons, you use whatever you can find and all of them are balanced around being about just as lethal as the other ones.
There is more you can elaborate on this but it's clear you have borderline 0 experience in this genre.

Go back to your reddit hugbox echo chamber.
>>
>>339922351
>I already said that TF2 was packaged in the Orange Box WHICH ALSO HAS EP2 OF HL2 AND PORTAL IN IT FOR 10$ MORE THAN OVERWATCH LOWEST PC PRICE.
But what if I don't want to play HL2 or Portal? What if I just wanted to play TF2?

Then it's $50 for less content than OW.

:(
>>
>>339922351
>>339921458
Why don't you guys make up and kiss already
>>
The matchmaking fucking sucks. It's either rape or be raped. There's no even games.
>>
I'm a TF2 veteran, I played it during launch since day 1, I had my fun with the casual game mode and 16v16 of it, but the moment you enter comp mode it's only 2scout / 2soldier / 1medic / 1demo , that shit ain't no fun nor engaging imo. And it didn't have any matchmaking for that style of play, you had to find players from irc, I think you still do, because from what I heard the new "comp beta" (which is supposed to be matchmaking for comp mode) is pretty much dead. So what the hell are people supposed to play if not OW?
>>
>>339922507
The solo queue is bad, but if you get at least 1 friend to que with you it instantly becomes better (you get better teams)
>>
>>339922507
Seems like blizz throws you in unwinnable games just to keep your winrate at 50%
>>
Here's what's happening, there are people playing some utter garbage games, because otherwise they wouldn't come to these popular OW threads to try shit on OW fans. The moment you ask these guys "but what games do you play, if not OW?" they keep silent, because deep down they know that what they're doing is utter shit. Why would anyone come to a thread to waste time on game he doesn't like, if not for fact that he's not enjoying his own games he's currently playing?
>>
>>339922447
not that guy, but that's just dumb. don't buy it then? what the fuck? the price tag stays the same. what kind of retarded reasoning is that?
>>
>>339922532
I like how Valve is just now pushing for comp after years of killing their game.
I can barely even find any servers that aren't bullshit like surf, ERP, or just some other dumb mod.
>>
>>339921701
>It's only overpriced to people who can't afford it.

I spent 250$ on games last month yet I didn't get Overwatch for multiple reasons, one of them being that I thought the game was overpriced.
I'm sorry if you think you're rich for being able to buy a game for 40$ and that only "poor" people dislike Overwatch.
>>
>>339922784
Yes, TF2 had its moments and it could've been a very good comp game actually, had valve realized it earlier (much earlier)
>>
>>339922351
I said I was done but holy shit, you're so fucking retarded that I can help myself.

>You don't even know what that means.

>Pong has replayability too, any game has replayability, it doesn't mean anything
>playing with different people, with different heroes on different maps with strategy is what gives it replayability which Pong doesn't have

>LOL BUT PONG IS TIMELESS DOOD

>You claimed what I said wasn't true, now you backpedal. GJ.

How exactly did I backpedal? How can I backpedal out of disagreement. I still disagree that 12 maps and 21 heroes is not "few" by any standard out there. You're the one you can't stick up to your views.

>You see the main issue is that it gets boring fast because there is no good chunk of content (like modes or w/e) to sink your teeth into or dig deep in the the good depth the game could've had.

And that's fine if you think that way. But it's an opinion. I as well as many other people don't think that the game is low on content or that it's shallow compared to other games of the genre.

>Oh wow, you can't even read what I said, well done megatard. I already said that TF2 was packaged in the Orange Box WHICH ALSO HAS EP2 OF HL2 AND PORTAL IN IT FOR 10$ MORE THAN OVERWATCH LOWEST PC PRICE.

And I already said that that's irrelevent because you had to pay the price to play the game anyway. They just bundles up old shit to sell their game.

>Because you have to learn the maps (which are 100x better designed in the older games) because of gun. powerup and health placements (a big deal).

The maps are designed with different philosophies in mind. Overwatch does not play like Quake, it's much more team oriented. And as such the games are designed around objectives.

>Then each gun was way more difficult to use than in Overwatch.

Depends entirely on which guns you're talking about. Aside from the obvious auto-aim guns, I don't agree. There are hitscans and projectiles which don't have much difference from game to game.
(1/2)
>>
>>339922761
>Claim Overwatch doesn't have enough content for its price
>But somehow TF2 did and was a 'classic'

You're so far up your own ass I don't know why that other Anon is even responding to you. He must be a masochist.
>>
sometimes I have to take a step back, look at /v/ from a distance, and wonder if it's actually just an AI that's programmed to look like a couple hundred people arguing with each other for absolutely no reason rather than, you know, playing video games.
>>
What's a good gaming mouse for someone relatively new to PC multiplaying? Overwatch is the extent of my online play on this platform. I don't want anything too expensive, but something that will help me play decently. My current mouse is a shit stock one and my right clicks are finicky.
>>
>>339922351
>>339922839

>but it's clear you have borderline 0 experience in this genre.

Finishing with an ad hominem, eh? Stay classy, /v/ autist.

>Go back to your reddit hugbox echo chamber.

And you go back to being bitter about a game and go play your favorite FPS game.
(2/2)
>>
>>339922447
>But what if I don't want to play HL2 or Portal? What if I just wanted to play TF2?

Then they sold it to you later at sub 20$.

Yet again you're moving goalposts (after accusing me of it). This was about value, bang for your buck.

But hey, thanks for conceding! I love trumping idiots in discussions. Owning stupid people always makes me feel good.
>>
>>339922843
>He must be a masochist.

I think I really am. I just can't stand these jaded and opinionated people who disregard things they haven't even experienced.
>>
>>339922843
I'm not saying TF2 did, you giant retard, I'm saying that that guy just thought of a very precise situation in order to dismiss his argument, which is dumb.
>>
>>339917473

It's accessible (as in easy to understand and play) and quick to play with one match (sub 20 minutes).

That's enough reason for a lot of people, or to generalize, your "average casual gamer", to try and "like" the game when they play it.

But as an ASSFAGGOTS player, it lacks depth of any kind and I feel like after playing 2-3 games, I've played enough of the game to "get the full experience" of playing every character. Which honestly, makes me feel like I wasted my money.
>>
>>339919820
>fast average TTK
what
>>
>>339917473
The amount if people saying the game is fun and the amount of people who are actually having fun doesn't overlap that well.

Plenty of people legitimately enjoy it. The rest are shitposters and shills with absolutely nothing else to use to praise their dogshit game.

Most of the people having fun are playing the game or don't give two shits about this Mongolian Motion Picture board.
>>
>/v/ unironically defending the use of "Is just fun!" to explain why a game is good

Is gonna be a looooooooooong summer.
>>
>>339922964
>Then they sold it to you later at sub 20$.
>later
Better come back later then. Overwatch just released. It'll go down in price later.

>Yet again you're moving goalposts (after accusing me of it).
This is funny coming from a guy who told someone else to go to reddit. You don't seem to understand that on an anonymous image board, the person who responds to you might not be the same person that responded to you earlier. Perhaps reddit is more suited for you, considering you can't seem to handle the anonymous nature of this place.

And just to help with your struggles - I'm a completely different person.
>>
>>339922839
>I still disagree that 12 maps and 21 heroes is not "few" by any standard out there. You're the one you can't stick up to your views.

The problem is that for being so shallow, low on modes, repetitive, etc. this is a problem when it otherwise wouldn't have been, as I have said.
I don't see any reason to further repeat myself, go read my posts properly next time.

>But it's an opinion.

Yes and some people like to eat shit. It's the same thing.
People are saying why they think the game is bad, low value, etc. but you try and "prove" that this isn't the case like a massive retard.
But we already knew about the last part since the beginning.

>They just bundles up old shit to sell their game.

You do know that none of them were "old", right? TF2, Ep2 and Portal were all new and were released together.
Again, this is a point about value and content. Comparing release TF2 alone to release Overwatch is retarded when TF2 was bundled with Ep2 and Portal.
Later on TF2 was released at sub 20$, which is much less than 40-60$ Blizz are selling Overwatch at. Also by that time TF2 had more shit than at release, in addition to the mods and private servers.

>>339922839
>Depends entirely on which guns you're talking about. Aside from the obvious auto-aim guns, I don't agree. There are hitscans and projectiles which don't have much difference from game to game.

Shock Rifle, Flak Cannon, etc. all take more skill than anything in Overwatch.
Overwatch is designed to be easy.
>>
>>339923081
I can smell the autism from here
>>
>>339923340
>still can't counter any arguments

So I'm schooling 2 idiots? I guess Overwatch really is like one big turd attracting flies while everyone else just points out saying "that's a piece of shit" while the flies just keep eating the shit saying it's delicious.
>>
>>339923524
>2 idiots
Didn't realize that you were too dumb to count past 2.

I'm sorry.
>>
>Copied moveset
On who? What ability is even mildly similar between the characters? The best I can think of is maybe Winston and Genji's ults for both turning them into melee attackers, but even those 2 are drastically different with completely different applications.
>>
>>339923410
>>339923524
How fucking sad are you? Why don't you name the arena FPS games we should be playing then?
If you're going to say Quake, Unreal, Counter Strike, TF2, too bad. I already have several hundreds of hours in each of those.

>but you're enjoying eating shit, how can you enjoy shit? waaah, why do I have such superior taste than everyone else?

I'll repeat myself. Fuck off and go back to playing the games you like.
>>
>7 million copies sold

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>339923702
How about doing something productive instead of wasting your life on escapism through shitty arena FPS? Go read a book or watch an influential movie.
>>
>>339923849
he says on /v/
>>
>>339923814
7 million players*

Not the same.
>>
>>339923849
We're all wasting our lives doing one thing or another. Posting on /v/ is the same thing.

I already read books as a side hobby. Which, mind you, is another form of escapism.

Your arguments don't make sense.
>>
>>339923814
Don't forget the millions they probably made from Lootboxes.
>>
>>339917845
>i didn't read that book
>i just heard other people talk about it and saw some ads for it
>but i know that it's shit

Gee, i wonder
>>
>>339923814
>7 million copies sold
>7 million jews killed
Coincidence?
>>
>>339922920
Anyone?
>>
File: 7894742345.jpg (42 KB, 552x504) Image search: [Google]
7894742345.jpg
42 KB, 552x504
>mfw I realize a PC game just won goty
>mfw I realize a PC game is the most popular game on /v/ right now
>mfw I realize not even bloodborne was able to come close to the popularity of overwatch
>mfw I realize halo is dead and no one cares about it
>mfw splatoon is not even relevant
>mfw people will try to argue that it's a multiplat when we all know the PC version is the master version and anyone worth a damn on twit is streaming the PC version and no one even plays the console version
>>
>>339923849
>hurr go outside durr

Stupid normies get the fuck off of my malaysian knitting forums.
>>
File: But It's Fun.jpg (141 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
But It's Fun.jpg
141 KB, 479x359
>>339917473
But you really have to be both drunk and in good company. Otherwise it is total mediocre bullshit. Get a headset. Get plastered and play. If no one is talking at the end of the match, quit until you find someone who is.
>>
>>339924090
I've been using A4Tech X7-F3 and I'm very happy with it. I don't know if it's only available in Europe though.
>>
Easily accessible with a high skill ceiling based more on team coordination and synergy. That's what Overwatch is all about. There is a fun chaotic side to pubs, but the game is also balanced around each character having a very obvious and specific purpose.

That's the perfect thing about the game though. It's easy enough for plebs, challenging enough for try hards, and works as both a solo experience for CoD shitters, and a team experience for LoL shitters. It manages to combine game dynamics and flaws into one game.

The "lack" of content is looked at through a wrong way too. The game play itself is what offers the variation over maps or campaign. Shooter tend to be very linear with very little difference. You're a basic soldier with a set amount of buttons and a weapon which has 1 or 2 special mechanics. Team based shooters change that and offer variance through classes. Each class interacts differently and forces a different approach from "run and gun" constantly

Look at TF2 with the 24/7 servers of certain maps. Even the base game with no mods has 4 maps or so on rotation with tons of players enjoying it. Even mobas only have one map, but everyone plays it because the content is offered through gameplay instead of bloated map content.

Basically, Overwatch tends to be a great balance between fun and try hard. Plebs will stay in friend groups, and try hards will go into ranked with their "team" to enjoy a serious experience. It's one of the most flexible games to come out, and combine that with the world Blizzard is setting up you get an easy best seller.
>>
>>339923702
>How fucking sad are you? Why don't you name the arena FPS games we should be playing then?

I'm not telling you what you play, you deranged monkey.
I'm telling you that the game isn't literal perfection and a ton of people think that Overwatch has a bunch of real problems, hence why they didn't get it or regret getting it.

If you enjoy sniffing dogturds then by all means do so.
>>
Because it is TF2 clone and it was made by Blizzard.

Tons of people will jump on any turd that Blizzard would produce, because "MUH BLIZZARD".

Actual good people no longer works here, but it doesnt matter - people adores mark enough to not look at gameplay, but instead assume that if THAT company made it, it must be good. Same as everyone jumped on Dragon Age, because "MUH BIOWARE".

I saw a video lately, where one of editors caleld Overwatch 6/10 game, with another getting butthurt about that, calling it 10/10 but without producing any real arguments other than "its fun!" and "its Blizzard!".
>>
>>339924109

PS4 has the most players tho
>>
>>339924235
>high skill ceiling
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: miles-shrug(e).gif (92 KB, 280x192) Image search: [Google]
miles-shrug(e).gif
92 KB, 280x192
>>339923814
>THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

It's a shame, since they'll never get the wakeup call and actually improve.

Pretty fucking sad that Diablo 3 did as well as it did despite being a massive piece of shit.

Well I've given up on neo Blizzard. It's clear that the talent they had is long gone.
>>
>>339924281

>higher skill ceiling based more on team coordination and synergy

Least you can do is finish the sentence and understand the ceiling is formed from base mechanics combined with team communication and synergy.
>>
>>339924250
>I'm telling you that the game isn't literal perfection and a ton of people think that Overwatch has a bunch of real problems

And where did you gather that I think the game is perfection? This is my second comment in this thread >>339918996

A person can enjoy something depsite it's flaws. Yet you seem to be under the impression that things can only be perfection or dog shit.
>>
>>339917473
because assfaggots require a certain amount of skill and game knowledge while overwatch is just a casual shooter with press Q for free kills mechanics.
>>
>>339924401
>A person can enjoy something depsite it's flaws.

Some can't. Baffling, isn't it?
>>
>>339924360
>higher skill ceiling based more on team coordination and synergy
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>339924321

>Diablo being shit after Reaper of Souls

That expansion ended up fixing the game. Saying Diablo 2 was on a completely different level is horse shit. The game had hardly any end game besides ubers. It ended up with bots all over. There were gimmicky builds that worked, but part of the reason any of them could make it as far as they could is because Diablo 2 lacked end game content to push the players.
>>
>>339924452
Well then those people shouldn't be patronizing the people who can see the good in things.
>>
>>339922964
> Owning stupid people always makes me feel good.

Guess thats why you're not playing overwatch right now.
>>
>>339924475
>That expansion ended up fixing the game

No it didn't. It wasn't a massive piece of shit anymore but all the core problems still remained.

>Diablo 2

People expected progression, to build upon it and make it better, not regression.
>>
>>339924109
I'd play halo if there was new halo game for pc
>>
>>339924502
>Well then those people shouldn't be patronizing the people who can see the good in things.

So you think because people don't like Overwatch they're bitter people that can't find the good in things?
>>
>>339919106
Saying something is good because it's fun is like saying an answer is right because it's correct.
>>
>>339924360
>validating retards by responding to them
>>
>>339924624
>I'd play halo if there was new halo game for pc

MS announced that they will not longer develop console exclusive games.
The catch is that they're W10 only.
>>
>>339923524
>shit analogy
gg no re you tried
>>
>>339924560

>ended up fixing the game
>it wasn't a piece of shit anymore

Nice contradiction. It was a big change from Diablo 2. If you're a purist, then yes, Diablo 3 isn't the game you wanted. It did deliver as a decent sequel though, and it pushed the game towards more end game content over keeping the game exactly the same.
>>
>>339924632
Since you've been trashing the game and calling it dogshit and haven't mentioned a single good thing about it even though a lot of people love the game, I wouldn't be surprised if you were the type that can't find the good in things.
>>
>>339923849
Do people really browse /v/ just to wait to tell others to stop playing video games?
>>
>>339924718
Nothing wrong with shit analogies when they apply.
>>
When it comes to shooters, I've played a lot of the big name games as well as some of the more rarely known ones. I can say that Overwatch is definitely a personal favorite, but I also enjoyed TF2 a lot back when it was first out and this brings back a lot of memories for me. I feel Blizz did a pretty good job on making the characters feel intuitive. Depending on what character you play, the gameplay changes a bit as well. (Not drastically, mind you. At most you're fatfingering about three or four buttons max). This doesn't seem like a big deal, but it gives it a very sleek playstyle. When you do good, you notice. It /feels/ rewarding and sometimes it is. It's focused more on teamwork over singular play. (Not that you won't wind up playing by yourself/see some of your team members running off on their own.) I personally play a /lot/ of Pharah and she's just a god damn blast to play due to how mobile she is. My two cents, but they're not worth much.
>>
>>339924643
Different people have different tastes. you can call his tastes shit all you want, it's not gonna make the game less fun for him. The game is serviceable to what some people want, if they are having fun with it, then there is your answer.
>>
I hate assfaggots but I like Overwatch.
It's really not as cancerous as true assfaggots.
>>
>>339924817
That's cause it's not an assfaggot, anon.
>>
>>339924263

Well shit, had no idea.
>>
>>339924814
So in other words most of you are too beta to make any statement about your likes and dislikes?
>>
>>339917473
>From what I've watched
Opinion discarded
>>
>>339917473
No, you don't.
>>
>>339924746
>Nice contradiction.

It's not a contradiction, retard.
I agree that Reaper isn't as shit as D3 vanilla and made it better, but that doesn't mean that it "fixed" the game and made it good.

D3 was so fundamentally fucked from the very foundation in terms of game design to graphics to script and so on that "fixing" it would mean you had to rework it from the ground up.

>>339924757
I canceled my pre-order 2 days into the beta. The game has redeeming elements, but tthe few there are isn't enough to make it worth my time and money.

Now I have to head outside.
>>
>>339924263

Source?
>>
>>339924817
Because it's not one, it's tf2 with abilities
>>
>>339924817
It doesn't even resemble one you smarmy cunt
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.