[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The moral of the story is never get married
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 23
File: Elena_Fisher_in_Uncharted_4.jpg (10 KB, 421x236) Image search: [Google]
Elena_Fisher_in_Uncharted_4.jpg
10 KB, 421x236
The moral of the story is never get married
>>
drake should have just stayed single and fucked chloe every day
>>
>>339910716
Found the cuck
>>
The moral is be honest to your spouse
>>
>>339910842
She knew who she married
>>
File: 30.png (76 KB, 273x261) Image search: [Google]
30.png
76 KB, 273x261
>>339910632
>"the look on your face when you entered this room"
>nathan enters the room with elena's back turned to him
>>
>Marry the worlds greatest adventurer
>Expect him not to adventure
>>
>>339911239
Yeah I do think get this either. Especially when she seemed to enjoy the adventuring in the previous games.
>>
>>339910889
>>339911239
Except drake says he's done with that life and won't even go for the Malaysia job when it's hardly a risk compared to what he's done before, yet deep down he still has the itch and won't tell Elena

Elena is up for it too, as you see at the end, she just doesn't like being lied to.
>>
>>339910716
Chloe a shit, Elena is a top tier waifu
>>
>>339911239
I guess you guys missed the reason for the couch scene? Elena has been trying to get Nathan to go do the 'Malaysia job' for quite some time. She was pissed because he lied to her, and he could've died and she wouldn't know a damn thing. She loves adventuring just as much as he does. They had to fix all the stupid 'super serious business' that happened in Drake's Deception. I personally think they did a really good job with all the characters in this game, and it is certainly a much better and more fitting send off for all the characters.
>>
>>339911407
She's mad that he lied to her, repeatedly, and for no real reason. Yeah, she would have wanted to tag along if he had told her, but she's right about how if he had been killed she would have had no way of knowing. You don't put someone you love through that.
>>
>>339911239
It is basic womans logic
>marry a police officer, soldier, firefighter etc
>bitching because he is barely at home
>surprised if he dies
>>
>>339912025
Elena is the opposite of that though. She is actively trying to prod him into doing all the adventuring stuff, and Nate is the only road block. She gets fucking pissed when he lies to her repeatedly about taking the Malaysia job. She outright tells him later in the game that all he had to do was tell her and they would've been fine. Things turned out pretty nicely for them. Archeology megastars getting coverage on all sorts of magazines, and having a very successful show. They have enough money that they have two beach front homes.
>>
>>339913048
If you look at it as a culimination of the series, then it makes sense. Since in every single adventure you have someone going "We're in over our heads, lets get out of here"

In Uncharted 1, it's Nathan himself. He actively states its not worth it anymore and Elena pushes him to continue.

In Uncharted 2 I'm pretty sure it's Nathan again because he almost dies, but there is definitely Chloe and Elena telling him they need to go at the end.

In Uncharted 3 it's literally every main cast member except Nathan and Cutter. Sully tells Nathan it's time to drop out after the chateau, and chloe after syria. Elena tells him to drop it as soon as he gets to Yemen.

Every Uncharted also has someone come close to dying.

So I think after his arrogance in Uncharted 3 almost gets himself and sully killed, he has some inhibitor that makes him not want to go on adventures, but still needs to because he can't handle a complacent lifestyle.
>>
The moral of the story is don't lie to your wife

For real if he had just been straight with her it probably would've been completely fine.
>>
File: Uncharted 4.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted 4.webm
3 MB, 800x450
what emotion is she conveying here?
>>
>>339910632

>follows him to motel
>they're about to find a big treasure
>bitch that you lied to me

are women incapable of seeing the wider picture
>>
>>339911838
shhh, no tears, only shitposting now
>>
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have nagging wife drama in a guns n exploshuns hollywood blckbuster movie game?
>>
>>339914182
I mostly agree, but I don't think that he has the adventure inhibitor. He actually pines for adventures, but believes that keeping the promise he made to his wife was more important than his personal need for adventure. Sam actually came in and fixed everyone's lives in his own fucked up way.

Uncharted 3 is my least favorite game in the series. Nathan turns into such an asshole. The Drake from one and two would never put his friends/family through that shit. Scherr was missed on that game even more than Druckmann or Straley. Scherr helps facilitate Nate's jokes. Everything in Uncharted three feels so odd. It became serious business out of nowhere. I'm glad that the Nathan Drake from one and two is back to form in Uncharted four. Hennig didn't seem to appreciate Nolan North's worth at all. Seeing her bark orders at him instead of just letting him loose hurts to watch. You can see that he just wants to add a quip here and there, but she is the my word is gospel type. I'm happy that Druckmann feels like the actors own the characters. It make a world of difference.
>>
>>339915191
moist
>>
File: one man army.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
one man army.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>339913048
>is a merciless killer who has taken the lives of like 2000 other killers and trained soldiers
>now is rich with his own reality TV show about his family

so how come no one has come after him for revenge after he killed all those people?
>>
>>339915332
Neil Jewmann.

Amy would've never put this bullshit in her version of UC4
>>
>>339915332
She's awestruck. Seeing her husband doing what he does best. She's happy seeing hm happy. She is also aware of their mortality, and just how fast that they could lose one another, but that the risk is worth it for his, and her, happiness. Elena is a pretty damn good wife.
>>
>>339915454
because he killed their entire extended families too just to make sure there would be no one left who could have a vendetta against him
>>
File: 1462833192269.jpg (39 KB, 401x338) Image search: [Google]
1462833192269.jpg
39 KB, 401x338
>>339915736
>>
>>339910632
>>>/tv/
>>
>>339915348

Uncharted 3 actually starts the best.

Basically the beginning to the drug trip in Yemen is the best out of any game in my opinion. Better mechanics (like brawling actually being an effective strategy in the middle of combat, compared to 1 and 2's locked behind cover, throwing back grenades, etc) interesting story and fun setpieces.

Then it goes to shit afterwards with the pirates, and the desert, and I feel like Ubar just isn't as interesting as shangrila or el dorado.

Nathan in the beginning of 3 is still wise cracking, but he definitely becomes a huge asshole about midway through 3.
>>
>>339915479
She would've ruined the entire series by making it even more grimdark than 3 with the "you left me to die here" brother revenge story. Amy was killing the series. She really seemed to need other people around her to reign her in. Plus she had the brilliant idea of designing Drake's Deception around the set pieces first and then trying to make a way for it to work with the narrative. I believe that it was a failure in that respect.
Some of the set pieces in that game were really fucking nice, especially when you consider it was running on the PS3.
>>
File: bait.webm (3 MB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
3 MB, 640x368
>>339915951
>>
>>339910632
The moral of the story is that there's no moral to the story. Do whatever you want, as long as you're the good guy you win in the end and don't have to suffer the consequences.
>>
File: concern.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
concern.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339910716
>he wouldn't marry Elena
>>
>>339915454
Would you go after that fucking psychopath?
Dude can tank bullets like they were nothing and would probably find out where you lived from a shopping list in your pocket and go there to fuck your wife after.
>>
>>339916016
I absolutely agree that the game has a brilliant opening. The thundering drums while Nate and Sully walk to the bar and the fight that happens next are really amazing. It is unfortunately that it all starts to fall apart after that. The story is all over the place. It feels like fan fiction. I actually like Hennig and I feel like she was either in over her head and couldn't admit it, or she just didn't give a shit. Sony was pushing them very hard trying to make sure the game came out in time for the holidays. I wonder what it would have been like had they gotten another delay? There are things about Drake's Deception that I really like and things that I really loathe. Unfortunately for me it has more that I loathe. A Thief's End on the other hand I love. I even like my crate buddy. He's the ever loving self sacrificing companion, and the real star of the game. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere.
>>
>>339911239
> the worlds greatest adventurer
only if by an adventurer you mean serial killer and a thief
>>
>>339916251
holy shit it's arm got torn off!
Also those are some LAZY... alligators? Crocs? I can never remember the difference.
>>
>>339915454
the next game is going to be drake coming out of retirement to save Cassie from kidnappers
>>
I miss U2's MP.
>>
>>339916628
/end thread.
"Sam! I know where to go next" He just shows up at the dudes house and breaks his neck in front of the man's entire extended family, and as he leaves, drives his car through their house Billy Joel style.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x509
Did you niglets even play the game?

Elena s pretty damn calm considering Nate has been lying for weeks and could've been dead by now.

She is the one who finds him and nurses him after Nate falls down.

She TALKS she doesn't scream or nag, she s just sad and disappointed with him, but still she understands why he did it.

Seriously Elena is nearly perfect wife.
>>
>>339915708
Just stop, they aren't listening. Let them shitpost.
>>
>>339917005
i wanted to hug her so much in this game
>>
>>339911239
I was in a two week relationship and can confirm that's basically how women operate.
The only way to not experience this is hide everything from them. She even wanted me to stop walking with my dog.
This brief episode served as a punishment for even considering 3D.
>>
>>339915191
Realization that he still loves this life despite his best efforts to leave it behind.
>>
>>339916907
I really love Uncharted 2's multiplayer, but I think that Uncharted 4 is actually better in most areas. I think the gunplay is just as satisfying. It feels much closer to Uncharted 2 than Uncharted 3 did. I played Uncharted 2 online for over a thousand hours on my main profile, and probably got another six or seven hundred hours across my other profiles. All we are missing are some of the more fun skins. I hope that we get some good ones when the DLC hits.
>>
>>339913048
As they say at the end of the game, they over-corrected. Pretending that they don't live for the exploration and intrigue just caused problems.
>>
>>339917005
why is she asian here
>>
>>339917624
Uncharted 3.
>>
>>339917624
All of them were Asian in Uncharted 3. I still can't figure out what the plot reason was for them to all go yellow face. As it was never really touched on in the narrative. It is a pretty big hole. We'll never know.
>>
>>339917375
The problem with U4 is the lack of content (no coop, plunder is a bugfest, maps are mediocre...) and map awareness. U3 was maybe a shitfest, but it has a good progression system and lots of modes from the start. On top of that there was still map awareness to hunt power weapons, maybe not as important as in U2, but you still had to know were to go. In U4 you just run like a headless chicken and pull out of your ass all the shit you need. U4 is a weird mashup of U3/TLoU and it doesn't work for me.
>>
>>339911239
Jesus fuck did no one get that she was mad that he lied about the adventure?
She literally fucking said it best "You could have died and I could have never found out why"
>>
>>339918173
Never underestimate the way that people will not pay attention to things then complain about them.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 770x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 770x300
>waifu who plays vidya and is good at them

Elena should be /v/'s queen.
>>
>>339918404
But muh movies meme.
>>
>>339918404
>DS1 with triggers
I'm triggered too.
>>
>>339918404
why you cut away the feet? you know this is a federal law you are breaking?
>>
>>339918404
>Elena is cute as hell
>Drake is stupid sexy Nathan
>Cassie looks like jewish mongloid

Why?
>>
>>339918718
Her parents are too hot. She went full circle.
>>
File: 1457811841000.jpg (87 KB, 652x522) Image search: [Google]
1457811841000.jpg
87 KB, 652x522
>>339917005
>Nate gets to plow that every night
>You never will
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
>>339918718
she's just in her awkward nerdy preteen years. I'm surprised she didn't have braces

she will grow up to be beautiful just like her parents
>>
>>339918947
She'll have the looks of her mom, the eyes and spirit of her dad, and no game to come.

Oh well, let's hope for Unkarted or Uncharted 5: Sam's Misfortune
>>
>>339919196
I want to see something fun out of ND again. TLOU and Uncharted 4 are both pushing in a very serious direction and I think the studio is at is best when it's working with a lighter hearted story, or at least more contrast in tone.
>>
>>339915191
This game looks ridiculously good, ND are goddamn magicians.
>>
>>339918947
this, looks 10 times better just by removing those fucking glasses, that probably doesn't even have augment, hate when people do that, its almost as offensive as painting your face black or using a wheelchair that you dont need.
>>
File: OMG69769.jpg (43 KB, 362x245) Image search: [Google]
OMG69769.jpg
43 KB, 362x245
>>339918947
>People claim her daughter is ugly
>Remove her glasses in mi mind
>Cutest girl i ever seen

Everytime. Seriously, glasses kills beauty except in anime of course.
>>
>libetalia's treasure is still there
>in a goddamn collapsed cave
>a simple excavation trip will get minimum 400 million worth of gold
Fucking retards. El dorado is cursed so let it rot at the bottom of the ocean. Lost city in 2 is not worth much and I think they cant actually go back to shangri la and the third was just some hallucinogenic crap. But now? Fucking forget about the Malaysian crap, just go back and get all the gold
>>
>>339910632
The moral of the story is:
She will always find out
>>
>>339910842
This, especially if she's a down to ride bitch like Elena.
>>
>>339916109
>Plus she had the brilliant idea of designing Drake's Deception around the set pieces first and then trying to make a way for it to work with the narrativ
She and bungie did the same thing and I like it
>gameplay first
>let's figure out a story later
>>
>>339919295
They are, that the only argument I've heard against the game technically is that precalculated lighting is apparently 'cheating' now speaks volumes. Precalculated lighting used correctly is fucking magic. It's why Mirror's Edge looks fantastic nearly a decade on.
>>
>>339919553
Wasnt the Shangrala shit cursed too? and 3 was a fucking Genie or some shit right?
>>
>>339915191
this >>339917367
along with the fact that he was willing to give it all up to be with her
>>
This game is goddamn gorgeous, by far the best looking game on any console ive seen. Rivals PC graphics. Im super impressed
>>
I personally found that plot-twist way too convenient, as were some others as well.
>two people go to malaysia
>they miraculously end up in the same exact hotel

yeah nah

amazing game otherwise, though
>>
>>339919285
TLoU was pretty dark and serious but U4 was quite lighthearted actually

I expected grimdark shitfest but got quite heartwarming story and nice closure.

That Henning concept for Drake's end seriously sucked and didn't fit into other games,
>>
Actually the story was very meta and is the explanation for why the game is so bad. Drake being forced to return to the life of treasure hunting is a metaphor for Naughty Dog being forced to make another Uncharted.
>>
>>339920049
Anon, she had tracked him down.
>>
>>339920282
deepest lore
>>
>>339919626

nate shouldn't have been such a bitch

she was obviously a bit bored of the sedentary life as well and im pretty sure she would've been down to kill more minorities and discover more ancient treasures
>>
File: Elena laugh.webm (526 KB, 432x574) Image search: [Google]
Elena laugh.webm
526 KB, 432x574
>>339915191
>>339918404
>>339917005
>>339916312
Elena is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>339920049
Nigga, she followed him on where his calls were made from
>>
>>339915191
They're faces look superimposed onto their bodies or something. It's like 90% of their animation effort went into the faces while the bodies are still just settled for par.
>>
>>339916251
What's the context here. Was the one on the left so riled up at the thought of food that he just grabbed the first edible thing he could get his jaws on?

Not like the other one seems to mind though, his reaction's just sort of 'dude, c'mon.'
>>
>>339915191
>All that body language communicating things on top of the dialogue
I wish more devs paid attention to this stuff.
>>
>>339920626
the body animation looks great, are you drunk?
>>
>>339911959
That part made no sense.
His brother came back out of the sudden nothing and was "supposed to be" in life danger.
Drake simply had to told her and she would understand probably. Even if not, thats his brother. Theyre the same flesh and blood and spend more times together raising up. I think hes a lot more imporant than her at that point.
>>
>final boss is a manlet
what was nd trying to say here?
>>
File: 1344576299093.jpg (15 KB, 295x449) Image search: [Google]
1344576299093.jpg
15 KB, 295x449
>ywn be Nathan Drake
>>
>>339920997
again, the point is that she would've understood and would have been okay with it.

but Drake was a dumbass and not only lied to her, but lied to himself. He kept telling himself he didn't want to go back into the life, but he did. He kept telling himself that he lied to Elena to spare her from having to worry about him, but he was just being a pussy.
>>
>>339920875
THEN WHY DOES IT LOOKS SO SURREAL?

Am I the only one who can't stand the look of Naughty Dog games. It feels more like their jerking off their animation technology in my face than actually trying to make something that looks good. The body movements there look exaggerated, more like they're showing off that they're aware that body-language is something you can use than because it's actually needed. It feels like it's solely there to be one more thing for reviewers to suck their dick for. It doesn't look good. It looks over the top and weird.
>>
>>339920997
Drake was being being ignorant of the situation on purpose because he just wanted any excuse to return to adventuring. He was lying to himself when he said he had outgrown it and Elena called him on this at the hotel.
>>
>>339921218
Trying too hard hate it, you fucking special snowflake
>>
I don't plan on getting married not because I want to, but because I can't make women attractive towards me.
I chose this life and now I'll live on with it.
>>
Why is drake so fucking hot though? THe older that bastard gets the hotter he gets
>>
>>339921552
wisdom and experience gives him more confidence. we can see it and most people are attracted to that sort of stuff. Helps to look good as well.
>>
>>339910716

>not having offspring

Genetic dead end #644895323884
>>
>>339921854
Explain why that matters? Especially since our odds of getting off this planet are looking worse all the time and the sun's not getting any younger.
>>
>>339921552
The trailers before kind of showed him with a receeding hairline. For some reason it didn't look that way in the actual game, he just looked more mature and buffed than the previous games.
>>
>>339921218
ever since Uncharted 1, they've always doing motion capture with the voice actors. They act it all out normally using props and whatnot for the stuff that has to be animated later.

It's as natural as a videogame can fucking get, especially since so many studios just do motion capture with one set of actors and then do recordings with another and then edit the two together.
>>
>Game is called A thief's end
>Elena is mad at him because he went on an adventure without telling her
>She buys Drake's boss's company to keep going on adventures
Is this what Druckmann meant for controversy? Or is it the hipster unintresting daughter?
>>
File: drake.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339921552
>stupid sexy nate
>>
>>339922167
>Or is it the hipster unintresting daughter?
It's that, the shit optimization of that section and the overall downgrade in graphics makes it pretty fucking clear that the fucking delay for a new ending was made for that bullshit
>>
>>339922167
sometimes I think Druckmann just makes shit up when he talks to the gaming press. That story about the focus tester sounded pretty ridiculous too
>>
>>339910632
Specially if you are a closet homosexual
>>
>>339921854
>exposing new people to the maelstrom of pain and suffering that is life
>not having empathy
Bet you think your family name matters too
>>
>make pointless sacrifices for your partner when no one even asks you to
>proceed to act like a victim
Now this is a proper typical women behaviour. Surprise surprise, Nathan is a bitch.
>>
I thought the moral of the story was "Nathan's fast"
>>
>>339922167
its the fact that it was 100% happy ending when they had everyone thinking that drake, elena or sully would die.
>>
File: Guybrush Threepwood UC4.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Guybrush Threepwood UC4.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
>>339923473

A Thief's End was clearly in reference to Henry Avery and the other pirate captains

Except for this guy, I don't know why they bothered with putting this guy in the game when he doesn't even look like much of a pirate.
>>
File: 1447795205240.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
1447795205240.png
134 KB, 372x334
>>339923639
>Talking shit about Guybrush the greatest pirate who ever lived.
>>
File: tm8klYB.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tm8klYB.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339922559
>>
File: muh wedding ring idle anim.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
muh wedding ring idle anim.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339923473
I think everyone had already figured out that A thief's end was written to make you think about it that way
They said that Sony could continue making Uncharted games if they wanted and there is no way they would kill off one of the most popular Playstation mascots
>>
cmon I'll boost you up there
>>
>>339924987
I'd rather use a 400 years old crate with tiny but working wheels.
>>
>>339925103
we're gonna have to find another way around
>>
>>339923639
It's also in reference to the fact that he's done for real at the end. He stops being a thief and goes legit.
>>
>>339922861
>not teaching your children empathy
>letting niggers without empathy that eat each other outbreed everyone and rule the world
>>
>>339916628
he doesn't actually tank bullets
all those bullets that hit him in gameplay actually miss him because he's just "lucky". he doesn't have health in the games he just has luck so if he ends up swallowing loads of bullets ingame his luck will eventually run out and he finally gets hit
>>
>>339925883
I want this meme to die already.
>>
>>339926787
but it's not a meme
he shrugs them off because he was never hit
that one time in UC2 where he actually gets shot he spends the rest of the time limping around
>>
>>339922167
I think wreck salvaging doesn't quite compare to pirates and mercenaries shooting at you as an adventure.
>>
>>339919553
this, I don't get it why they don't go back there and grab all the gold
>>
File: realfather.jpg (69 KB, 388x266) Image search: [Google]
realfather.jpg
69 KB, 388x266
>>339921854

>implying his daughter is his

White boy don't even know it.
>>
>>339923448
too much motion blur for ya?
>>
>>339910632
Pfft, I'd kill to have a wife who could keep pace in everything I did. Nate knows it too (he kicks himself for pissing her off).
>>
>>339920620
how old is she?
>>
Elena and her daughter are both ugly.

I can say this with honesty since I never played the games.
>>
>>339917142

Sometimes, the lust for 3D pussy is strong. It is then that it is pretty handy with having experience from the past, so you know how shit women are and reconsider
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.