[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to buy a XBox One or PS4 if I actually enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: modern games.jpg (163 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
modern games.jpg
163 KB, 720x960
Is there any reason to buy a XBox One or PS4 if I actually enjoy games?
>>
>>339906808
Bloodborne
>>
>>339906894
Not really feeling that justifies buying a console for.
>>
>>339906808
>buy an un-modifiable, forced 3rd party, limited PC

why would you ever?
>>
>>339907252
Then you don't actually enjoy videogames.

Well too bad.
>>
>>339909404
Playing a borderline mediocre game after spending a few hundred on a console isn't something I call that enjoyable.
>>
Bloodborne is a damn good game but that's about it.
If I were you I would wait for more exclusives to come out.
When you see 3 - 5 exclusives you want, that's your que. (assuming you have the money)
>>
There is literally no reason to own a xbone
I bought a ps4 only for bloodborne and P5
But I would say just wait some more time and see if anything else is coming out on either
>>
>>339906808

so this and uncharted 4 have both done cinematic qte final bosses. any others? is this the start of a terrible new trend?
>>
>>339910970
>is this the start of a terrible new trend?
Been a thing since 6thgen with God of War, NewAnon.

I don't count FMV games as QTE.
>>
>>339911993

no, it wasn't entire scenarios where the game limited movement and locked the camera for context sensitive combat, they were qte finishers
>>
>>339912319
>where the game limited movement and locked the camera for context sensitive combat,
That's literally what God of War was. Go from one QTE to the next.
>>
>>339910239
>never
:3
>ever
;3
>>
>>339910970
Every video game you have ever played in your life is like the end fight of Uncharted 4, with the exception that you don't see the button show on the screen when you are supposed to hit it. Quick Time Events if you don't press 'a' Mario will fall into the pit, and you'll have to do it all again. They aren't a bad thing either. Just like linearity isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>339906808
They both have games that are good and exclusive. I'd caution you against buying an XBOXONE though. Most of the 'exclusive' games on that machine are also on Windows PCs. There are plenty of good reasons to get a PS4 if you enjoy games. Uncharted 4 is a fun adventure game with loads of replay value, if you like trying to find every single Easter Egg. Plus it has multiplayer. If you don't like Uncharted or Bloodborne you may want to hold off if you already have a PC that is capable of playing multiplats at reasonable levels. If you don't have a PC, I would recommend the PS4. The price point pretty great considering that it can play something as intense as Uncharted 4 without starting your house on fire.
The Order is actually an alright game if you get it for the right price. It is certainly worth $10, but you can tell Sony was pressing them pretty hard, as a couple of story threads don't pan out. The ending feels really rushed, but other than that it is a fun ride.
>>
>>339912771
>That's literally what God of War was. Go from one QTE to the next

I never understood why people spout shit about a game they clearly haven't played, its obvious to anyone that has you're saying made-up crap and you look like a fool.
>>
>>339914624
I beaten the game, shitter. The game is QTE hell. Literally multiple times the the game will have you mash a button repeatably after prompted too.
>>
File: 1462314359090.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462314359090.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>339906808

PS4 has Bloodborne, SFV, Gravity Rush 2 and this year will have Odin Sphere, KoF XIV , Nier Automata, Final Fantasy XV, The Last of Us and Persona 5

and if you don't have a decent PC you can also get Dark souls 3 and Doom

It's actaully a good time to get a PS4
>>
File: 7gU6lGk.png (171 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
7gU6lGk.png
171 KB, 400x400
>>339915274
>implying SFV is good
>keks for days
>>
>>339916072
I'm still so fucking bitter about SFV. I've loved and played Street Fighter since the SNES, and I really think that SFV has the best mechanics out of them all, but it doesn't matter because Capcom borked it on launch. Fucking morons. That's why suits need to stay the fuck away from the creatives. Street Fighter V should serve as a cautionary tale.
>>
>>339909404
no single game is worth a console, buddy.

Rule of thumb is five.
>>
Modern consoles have nothing but shit, just stick with the older stuff.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.