[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Completely fucking lied about bringing SoloQ back >Made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
>Completely fucking lied about bringing SoloQ back
>Made up some pretentious "round table" bullshit to try to justify why they're saying fuck you to the community and doing whatever they want
>Pros quitting SoloQ because of how bad Dynamic Queue and Autofill are

>Now they're deleting comments on reddit to try to shut people up
Is this the beginning of the end for LoL?
>>
BRING SOLO Q BACK
>>
>it has been nearly 2 years since the announcement of Yorick's rework
>multiple other champions have gotten it before he has AFTER this announcement
>"b-but there's two teams! He's not being affected at all!"
>>
>>339897786
He isn't being affected, though. By a rework for him, that is.
>>
File: fitwithsnoopeh.gif (893 KB, 350x236) Image search: [Google]
fitwithsnoopeh.gif
893 KB, 350x236
It'll remain alive as long as the gooks don't find another game to obsess over.
>>
>>339897519
literally what the fuck is dynamic queue and who gives a shit

like nobody who hates it explains what or why it's bad
>>
>>339897519
>STILL playing this trash

Serves you right idiots
>>
Havent played in years. Is the soloq gone?
What do people play now a days?
>>
>>339897519
>>339897519
Could you imagine how big a shitstorm there would be if a company like Capcom started deleting posts on /r/streetfighter or something?

Riot gets a pass though for some reason. No gaming journalist is talking about Riot lying and fucking up matchmaking and deleting posts that criticize them

What a nice industry
>>
>>339898382
They are a small indie company pls understand uwu Kappa :^)
>>
>>339898235
You can queue up with as many people as you want in ranked. 1 up to 5. All of these people are put into one "dynamic queue".
>>
>>339898678
what's wrong with that
>>
>>339899374
it's not fair when you play solo and you're put up against a 4 or 5 man premade.

also a rank doesn't mean anything anymore, it could have been your friends carried you up there.
>>
File: ghostcrawler.jpg (49 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
ghostcrawler.jpg
49 KB, 580x326
League was always shit run by cancerous devs.

Now that your fanboyism died out you can finally see the truth.

Though I will say, this guy fucked WOW so fucking hard, he's probably shitting all over your game too
>>
>>339899458
it balances mmr for both teams
>>
>>339899583
but that doesn't mean anything if one team is coordinated and on voice chat and the other isn't
>>
>>339899458
it doesn't even do that because 3 mans are always matched against 3 mans, 4 mans v 4 mans, etc
>>
>>339899479
Lets not forget he made his favorite class OP as fuck they started nerfing it as soon as he left. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with his favorite champions in LoL.
>>
>>339899479
He left league a while ago.

>>339899669
They try, but not always
>>
>>339897519
Any sensible person who played League jumped ship long ago after Certainly T decided to create overloaded monstrosities like Thresh and Yasuo. It's not hard to see that Riot is of the mentality of "doing without thinking."

Admittedly, many newer characters are really interesting BECAUSE they're so overloaded. Thresh, Yasuo, Lucian, Ekko, Zed, etc. are all extremely fun to play because they have options for most any situation. Problem is, League isn't designed to harbor characters like these so they are inherently broken. Riot's terrified of making rock/paper/scissor matchups in the game like DotA does (which is honestly the better idea by leaps and bounds); but ends up making the game rock/paper/shotgun, with the shotgun trading hands every patch. There's no strategy in picking characters, even in draft. You ban the top 6 broken champions then proceed to pick the next 10 broken champions. Without characters that are designed to reign in others, the game will always be this way.

Tbh, Riot needs to sit down and reevaluate their game in its entirety and stop pumping out champions. The game's been an enormous joke since season 4 and has continually gone downhill at terminal velocity since then. Season 6 is just the more notable "last straw" because of all the dropped promises. Just look at the reddit and boards: fucking semi-pro and pro players are LEAVING THE MAIN SERVERS to play on the private tournament servers just so they can have a fair matchmaking experience.

Riot's been digging their grave for ages as its playerbase cheered them on and even help them dig. Only now, one toss of dirt from the shovel finally landed on enough people to stir the hive effectively.

Give it 2 years and League will either be in a massive state of decline or have been revamped in response to the justified criticism. I've got my popcorn ready to enjoy the ride until then.
>>
>>339900352
they make new champions interactive and fun to play, moreso than old champions, then they give the old champions reworks (skillshots) frequently (never)
>>
>>339897519
>Lol
>dead
No they dont!
even if entry gen of players drop lol next gen of players will fill their place.
It too big to die now,
>>
>>339899728
No he didnt
>>
File: 1440475274959.jpg (12 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1440475274959.jpg
12 KB, 249x213
I wish the DOTA 2 fanbase had thrown a fit like this when Valve removed Soloqueue
It just kinda fizzled out and in the end the solo players didn't care enough.
Now I'm always the 5th player in the peruvian all-stars team.
>>
>>339901996
Dota 2 players didnt play anything but dota2 .
>>
Where's Ranked ARAM?
They need to start giving the core players what they want.
>>
If you hadnt noticed that Riot is a garbage company by now run by the mentally handicapped then the fault is on you.
All you can do now is play the game with the characters you like and the builds you like without paying a cent until they ruin it all with nerfs and reworks.
>>
File: 1438261144699.jpg (226 KB, 1609x412) Image search: [Google]
1438261144699.jpg
226 KB, 1609x412
>>
>>339901996
Because Dota fans know that it isn't some arbitrary matchmaking system that makes you lose, its the fact you're shit at the game.
>>
File: riotgamesmarketing.jpg (344 KB, 1202x693) Image search: [Google]
riotgamesmarketing.jpg
344 KB, 1202x693
>>339903978
We posting Riot's faggotory?

>Waah I wanted to profit from dota
>But I just run the fansite
>I guess i'll shut it down
>>
>>339897519
>pros
>whiny NA/EU players that can only play one role and constantly pull of the "sry im tilted xd" card
>all of this while koreans literally play 3 times more and have 4 major tournaments instead of 2

Riot will suck the gook dick until NA/EU gits gud
>>
File: 1463933858878.png (513 KB, 455x579) Image search: [Google]
1463933858878.png
513 KB, 455x579
>>339906394
literally WHAT does this have to do with the OP
>>
>>339900352
>2009
>lol is just a shitty copy of dota, it will die
>2012
>lol is already dying, i swear
>2015
>fucking balance i swear lol is dead
You fuckers say the same shit everyday, the game is literally WoW and unless someone else creates something better it will still live
>>
>>339906603
Riot doesn't care about what the shitty "pros" think as long as the gooks are happy
>>
>>339901996
What do you mean they removed solo queue?
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>339897519
i want fucking solo queue back

i cant stand with all these 5 man teams
>>
>>339898107
>like nobody who hates it explains what or why it's bad

you can have all solo queue players on your team and an organized 5 man enemy in ranked games. this is unbalanced as fuck similar to normal games. everyone is teaming in fives now and players that are playing solo are getting fucked in the ass
>>
I'm honestly baffled as to how someone can justify playing league of legends in 2016. It's such a bizarre concept. It's been years now since the game sold out to the chinese and became a completely souless husks. What keeps you in?
>>
>No replays.
>No voice comms.
>No sandbox mode.
>Tutorial still shit.
>Client still shit.

Not even nintendo is so lazy/outdated with their online features.
>>
>>339908342
I started playing a few weeks ago and it's pretty fun to me.
>>
>>339907004
You used to be able to select an option to make it so you joined a queue where all other players were guaranteed to not be in a party. Now it tries to balance party sizes, but you can't get all solos.
>>
>>339899669
Not true. They say that but its not true.

t. 600 games this season and finally quit
>>
Riot kept me playing for a few more months when they said that solo queue was coming back, but I'm done with that now. Played for 3 years basically.

>>339908342
my friends
>>
>>339900683
I don't give a fuck about this game any more, but I was happy when they gave Zilean a rework.
>>
>>339910021
>made his q an aoe
>passive is basically the same shit
>can't rewind ult anymore
basically the same shit
>>
>>339910021
The Graves rework is a fucking abortion though. I'm sure there's an argument that he's stronger thematically now or some shit, but my favorite adc basically got removed from the game.
>>
>>339909712
I feel like i had a pretty amazing story of sucess where i abandoned League and convinced my friends one by one to come to Dota with me. I mean, still not the best game in the universe but it's something to play together.
>>
>>339910503
You joking? Graves is OP
>>
>>339911146
I played DotA 2 a lot back then but have stopped completely. Valve is a shit company and the fanbase is retarded.

All Valve cares about are skins and milking the community. I mean where's Pit lord? When was the last time we got new heroes? They are so afriad of change it's funny.

The fanbase is just a bunch of whiny bitches. I mean they make a reddit thread everytime new skin comes and just to whine about a tiny color change. It's basically no fun allowed in there.
>>
>>339911630
I know he's OP, but he's not the character I used to have fun playing as

>>339911146
I think I'm done with ASSFAGGOTS, a few of my friends are playing Overwatch but I'll hopefully always be playing Melee
>>
>>339910503
Hes shit as an ADC. He is a fantastic jungler though.
>>
>Riot keeps apologizing for being late on stuff, mistakes on champions, and being shit to their fanbase
>A lot
>Same goes for the amount of times they are like "Oh, we fucked up there our bad lol"

This has been going on for years. How does this company keep going on like this?
>>
>>339898382
because they're so fucking dumb and unimportant in the grand scheme of things that who gives a fuck

who literally gives a fuck

league of legends is a universal joke and everyone knows that the entire riot staff is just a bunch of kids with badges
>>
i qquit league about a year ago , wtf they removed solo holy shit, what about scripters are peeople still doing that ? had one almost every game
>>
>enjoy playing graves as an ADC
>Riot: Graves is a jungler now, because fuck you. Also he's broken because fuck you
>the only adc I ever liked is gone

First they remove silence from almost everyone that can use it(Talon did nothing wrong), then they gut one of the most fun champions in the game. Riot can go to hell for this
>>
>>339908342

Friends. That being said there's a million changes they could make that would significantly boost the game.
>>
>>339897519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
Vid related
>>
>>339911990
nobody but you and a few other idiots like you care about this
the 12 years old pranksters who waste thousands of dollars worth of daddymoney on their accounts each month are what keeps f2p companies alive
>>
File: 1447623619325.jpg (63 KB, 798x871) Image search: [Google]
1447623619325.jpg
63 KB, 798x871
>>339897519

This is how Riot has been for years. They completely shat on the Twisted Treeline and Dominion community, but no one really noticed since those game modes are unpopular. Now that it's actually happening to Summoner's Rift players now people can finally see Riot's true colors.

This company honestly deserves every negative thing that happens to them.
>>
Negative

>fucks over solo players in muptiple ways
>since lower MMR premade teams face against higher MMR solo teams if the solo player win they get less rank points while they lose tons of it
>premade groups get a ton of IP, drop and other bonuses
>in lower brackets premade teams have 20-30% higher win chance than solo player
>in higher brackets the number 'diminishes' to about 60% winrate if you go in with a premade
>unless you use outside websites like lolking you have no chance of knowing if you play against premades, putting you at a disadvantage
>with the new autofill feature the game assigns a automatically a role to you, no matter what role you picked before signing up
>that basically means you'll play support if games take more than 10 minutes to find
>all in all it makes no sense to play solo anymore, the odds are always stacked against you and your rewards are always smaller than those of premades
>since they killed 5vs5 Q, high level pro players have it a lot harder to get ad hoc pratcise games

Positive
>high diamond and master waiting times are a bit shorter
>MMR booster have it a lot easier

Funny thing is: Blizzard had exactly the same queue with Overwatch, inclusing all the fucking bonuses for premades. If that goes live with their 'competetive' mode the game is fucked beyond repair.
>>
>>339910503
I feel ya, I don't like playing Shen anymore after the rework anymore.
>>
>>339900352

Riot has no loyalty at all to their playerbase. They have zero issues cutting the hands that helped them get where they are today, in return they go out of their way to bring in new players.

They're no better than companies such as Outspark with how they do business.
>>
>>339912584
I honestly thought the malz rework was removing his silence on q
>>
>>339908342
I compulsively masturbate to Tristana's voice.
>>
>>339900352
The balance is actually pretty good right now, and only literal bronze or maybe silver shitters complain about Yasuo. You can find a lot of things to complain about in this game, like Riot, DynQ, lack of voice chat and sandbox mode, but champion balance is not really a valid complaint.
>>
How do I tryndamere? I got my ass handed to me by a Trundle in lane. Lost an early trade and got zoned off like 20 cs, and more thereafter. Can I even fight that?
>>
>>339912584
Zilean was my favorite character, and while I quit before the rework, my friends managed to rope me back in for one game afterwards. I don't know how they did it, but they made a bad character worse AND less enjoyable
>>
>>339897519
Just play SMITE. It's as casual as LoL, but the third person perspective makes it more fun and so do the funny skins and animations. the VGS voice system hi-rez uses is also entertaining.

If you want to keep the top-down perspective, just move to Dota.
>>
>>339897519
Who gives a fuck,LoL playerbase is migrating to Overwatch anyway
>>
>friends get me into league again
>try ranked
>Primary: Top
>Secondary: Support
>get support 56 times (yes I counted)
>decide to go with Top/Adc instead
>15 mins queue
The game is dead, I gave up on it after S2 ended
I only come back once every year to grind an acc to Diamond I then sell it for some fast cash
>>
File: healers OP.jpg (42 KB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
healers OP.jpg
42 KB, 942x942
>>339900352
>Nome leaves Heroes of Newerth since heroes are getting fucktarded
>Joins LoL
>Heroes get fucktarded and so do the devs
Poor bloke, can't catch a break
>>
>>339915997
Unless they've fixed the problem with people continuously leaving the game (often at the beginning as well) it's the same shit m8.
>>
I haven't played since season 3. What did I miss?Can anyone fill me in with their fuck ups in 3 years?
>>
File: league players.png (767 KB, 949x692) Image search: [Google]
league players.png
767 KB, 949x692
someone explain this to me
why would you play a video game if it wasn't for fun?
>>
>>339917894
It's called autism.
>>
>>339917848
Everything reworked for either minigames or STRATEGIC DIVERSITY (massively reduced ability to function outside the "intended way")
>>
>CTRL F
>Nothing about how Tenzen, parent company of Rito made billions off this shitty game

Billions damnit. They paid peanuts for it. They hardly invested into the game and have an incompetent managing team. They probably just let the idiot founders do whatever they wanted, and that's the problem. They couldn't transition to a billion dollar company, it wasn't in their vision and the Chinks know nothing either. Take a look at their Riot Merchandise store. it took them years before they even launched it. Meanwhile other companies were banking on LoLs popularity and giving the. virtually no royalties. That's a goddamn money printer right there and they waited until last year to actually get it going.

In contrast you have Blizzard, which is owned by Activision, a billion dollar big league publisher that doesn't shit out crapware as their main source of income. SOMEONE over at Activision one day, probably in 2012 or something, came over and demand that they change course or they're shutting down blizzard. Someone who knew the new tide of video games and how the old traditional methods didn't work. This person probably took a hard look at LoL, and Valve, and quickly figured out the industry shift. That, with years of experience lead them to create Overwatch, while milking WoW and abandoning Starcraft. We're seeing comics, cinematics being churned out in a short time. This is a company that knows what the fuck they're doing.

Over at Riot, we saw maybe 1 cinematic a year, or less. Lazy lore, virtually no content, no comics, nothing. They still act like a startup. THEY MADE 1 BILLION IN A SINGLE YEAR. Upkeep for their pathetic company was practically nothing. They could've invested just a little more but they didn't. This is probably why that faggot Riot Lyte left. He seemed ambitious and probably had a ton of plans the dumbass owners probably were too scared to carry out. He at some point got frustrated and left. Very common when people of that rank leave companies
>>
>>339918231
>Blizzard, which is owned by Activision
Blizzard and Activision are both owned by Activision Blizzard
>>
>>339918042
Did they hire Tumblr artists? The new champions have that Tumblr art style to them.
>>
>>339918396
Wouldn't surprise me if they did, considering the higher-ups seems to be going insane and/or SJW from success
>>
>>339918358
They merged lol. But the reality is Activision bought Blizzard, Activision just used a shitton of credit and dealing to get it, while most of Blizzard went through major restructuring. They needed each other and the owners of Blizzard wanted the publishing and administrative expertise in Activision. Activision got the talent and content from Blizzard.
>>
>>339918619
Activision merged with Vivendi, not Blizzard. Both companies are officially and physically subsidiaries of Activision Blizzard
>>
post the guy thqt got banned with 50k rp
my favorite meme
>>
>>339911753
>All Valve cares about are skins and milking the community. I mean where's Pit lord? When was the last time we got new heroes? They are so afriad of change it's funny.

They changed pretty much everything about the game besides adding new heroes. Do you have any idea how many items they added? A fucking lot. You're an idiot.

The fanbase is awful for many reasons, but the best criticism you have of them is that they complain about bad-looking skins?! What's wrong with that? Again, you are a fucking idiot. Don't ever play Dota again.
>>
>>339919036
>Do you have any idea how many items they added? A fucking lot
Not really
>>
>>339901996
Play ranked and at worst there'll be a party of 3>>339902079
>>
>>339918231
>Someone went this hard just to shill Overwatch

We get it, you like Blizzard cock. That's neither here nor now.
>>
>>339910430
Completely ignoring that his q requires some semblance of skill now and has a stun along with his bombs being able to zone
>>
>>339917894
I'd be really frustrated if I played against a good Singed too desu senpai.
>>
>>339912584
>assassins should have silences
You lost any and all credibility sorry your opinion is shit
>>
>>339917336
Too bad Hi-rez are worse at balancing characters or items then Riot or Blizzard.
>>
File: cc1db061d5425029b9e5efdba03fcb97.jpg (551 KB, 1102x1377) Image search: [Google]
cc1db061d5425029b9e5efdba03fcb97.jpg
551 KB, 1102x1377
>>339919494
Amusing regardless
>>
>>339912408
>what about scripters are peeople still doing that
only happens in higher elo obviously. cassio got reworked tho so scripting is a mainly xerath kalista and draven thing now as far as i know.
>>
>>339915807
you cant. trundle is literally the best duelist on top lane. just farm under your turret and afk push after he starts to roam
>>
>>339907998

How could that possibly be necessary? I thought league of assfaggots had so many players that they would never need to do shit like that, because the only possible reason I can see for doing that is waiting too long for matches as a 5-man team otherwise.
>>
Dynamic Queue doesn't affect most people, and all it's been doing since release is distract players from the shitiness of Riot's balancing. Season after season they add little bandaids to problems they caused in the previous season. If it weren't for the few champions I still find fun, I'd just quit entirely because Riot's fucked their game beyond belief (and it was pretty fucked in Beta to begin with).
>>
File: Dotka a best.jpg (162 KB, 709x878) Image search: [Google]
Dotka a best.jpg
162 KB, 709x878
There's always time to join the truly fun experience, and believe me when i say this, in all my time playing Dota, i've never got mad over someone/something, while LoL on the other hand does a great job at it.
>>
>>339920720
I dunno man, trying to do the quests of the winter compendium got me pretty fucking miffed that i haven't played Dota since
>>
>>339915242
>the balance is actually pretty good right now

>as soon as you pick one of the not-top-25-champs you decrease the winrate for your whole team by at least 10%
lol
>>
>>339909375
>No replays.
Inexcusable, as in they literally haven't even provided an excuse. Terriblness is staggering.
>No voice comms.
No one wants to hop into a room with 4 random nasal voiced social retards raging at each other.
>No sandbox mode.
Also terrible on riots part
>Tutorial still shit.
If you know enough about about the game to make this list you have no reason to care about the tutorial.
>Client still shit.
Ok?
>>
File: 1461623153763.jpg (272 KB, 646x800) Image search: [Google]
1461623153763.jpg
272 KB, 646x800
>>339920842
Maybe if you go premade it can certainly help. The game itself is way more welcoming to fun than LoL lemme tell ya. I have this friend who is pretty good at Dota and sometimes he does some crazy shit builds like MoM and Deso Dazzle, or CM Carry and they work, its all about having fun.

>mfw i play STR heroes
>>
>>339921126
>No one wants to hop into a room with 4 random nasal voiced social retards raging at each other.
By that logic why even have chat? Or why even have teammates? Why not just make it FFA?
retard
>>
>>339907998
Bronze elo thru High Platinum elo dynamic que has no effect on you. The system matches the mmr based on premade number and mmr of the individuals.

Dynamic que is only a problem in Diamond and up.

You joining the shitstorm of "omg dynamic que suks!" is a waste. You're some bronze plat noob.
>>
>>339919338
I was that Singed, our Lucian started bitching because Ali couldn't land a combo once
>>
>>339920474
The PR excuse was because lol is a team game so it should be about being a better team player and it makes drafting pregame less toxic.

The real reason in the metrics show more casuals will play ranked if they can get boosted by with their buddies can play with them and thus riot gains access to the casual dollar.
This was proven a couple of days ago when they said they would remove premades (4s and 5s) from diamond plus ranking.
Also riots insane focus on toxcicity instead of banning trolls is because casuals said they play (and spend more) if meanies didn't hurt their fe fes.
>>
LoL will never die because it is a meme game and random 13 year olds will start playing regardless of its quality. for better or worse, it will be in the public consciousness for a long time
>>
>>339921261

>By that logic why even have chat? Or why even have teammates? Why not just make it FFA?
retard

What logic are you referring to? Chat and voice aren't even the same thing.

No one wants to hear your fucking degenerate nerd ass screeching when then jungler doesn't gank you after you died your 6th time against a Riven. They rather tell you to fuck off in chat and afk while they carry your tardself.

P.S. Don't be fucking stupid.
>>
>>339921293
>Dynamic que is only a problem in Diamond and up.
I climbed from plat 5 to diamond 4 this season an I can tell you 100% on lower pop servers its worse.
So yeah maybe on NA or EU its only a diamond+ issue for other servers it does impact at least the top of plat as well.
>>
>>339921386

If casual shitters just want to get boosted then what was stopping them from doing that before?
>>
>>339921454
Why are you assuming that a voice chat option doesn't have mute or something?
Have never played video games online with voice chat feature?

Also why are you assuming that people are raging kids anyway?
>>
>not just playing dota

If you are willing to play a shitty fucking game from a fucking shitty genre, at least play the better fucking alternative
>>
>Start playing again after almost a year
>No friends only queue up by myself
>it always seems as if the enemy team has some high ranked smurf(s) and one or two shitters they're carrying

I used to be gold 4, now I'm in bronze and it's like this literally every ranked game.
>>
Can someone explain what "solo q" is to me? I assumed people meant the new champion select but I was told that's not exactly what solo q is.
>>
>>339915242
>same twenty heroes for 3 years
>it is le balanced
>>
>>339921890
How? Like literally how?
I'm currently boosting a female friend to plat from silver so we can duoq for fun and she is so bad at this game, she can't last hit, doesn't look at the map, she just dies all the time and makes really bad decisions and she still managed to get into silver
How is it possible to get to bronze?
>>
>>339921669
Because before the max group you could have in ranked was 2 (outside of rank 5s which was a different queue with different rewards) now you can have anywhere from 2 to 5 so now it's way easier to boost people. 3 man boost teams with scripting ryzes are actually a huge issue on OCE right now if you queue after after 1am.

>>339921670
I was the first guy not the rammus guy but have you never played lol? The majority of the player base are young males.
>>
>>339922016
>boosting a female friend to plat from silver

Cuck. I bet her and chad laugh at you while he fucks her.
>>
>>339921386
Hilariously enough
by pure logic their argument of "lol is a team game" becomes absolutely meaningless
>>
>>339915242

>balance
>good

It's the same characters picked over and over again with the same builds at higher ranks. There's a group of 15 champs or so that are just all around better than anyone else.
>>
>>339908342
I had more fun with it than dota 2 so I stuck with it

Played an hour of both and made my decision to stick with one of them
>>
>>339922091
>you can't have a female friend unless she's single and you have a sexual relationship with her
She lives thousands of miles away, everyone has female friends who play games so stop memeing
I also boosted my other friend (male) for fun
>>
>>339922016
I've only ever played this game by myself, never once had anyone to play with or show me the ropes. Also I now play with a steady 106MS due to my location (hawaii). I'm sure that's not the sole reason for me being trash I;m sure it's a factor.
>>
>>339922031

So it was fine the way it was with solo/duo players but now Riot wants to enable casual shitters to get boosted because they want casual shitter money and fuck everybody else.

Wow.
>>
>>339921969
Champ select is good, people like that.

Solo queue was the way you had to queue up in the old system. You pressed ranked and picked solo or group 5v5.

Picking solo, you were then matched 4 random players in your rank, maybe 3 if you decided to queue up with one friend as a duo queue, but that would make you face guys at a much higher rank than you

Now you can just queue up with 4 friends and can be fighting against anything from 5 solo players to a 5 man premades like you.

Champ select =/= dynamic queue. Riot got away with this because people loved the new select and assumed it was only possible with dynamic
>>
>>339897519
Do they still have that forced meta team builder?
>>
Don't forget that they're fucking over people at the higher (diamond+) ranks by forcing you into a role you don't want

Queue up as jungle/top and end up waiting 10 minutes in queue? Well here you're now support and the game is starting. Remember you can't leave or else you rank will slowly go down!

Dynamic queue made queue timers much longer (masters and challenger players are sitting around in queue for fucking half an hour or more just for one game)

I know at least one challenger player who purposefully threw games just to get ranked down to masters just so he could play the fucking game
>>
>>339923021
its mostly the fact that people get in game and are roles they didn't sign up for and now everyone is suddenly tilt and the game starts out with people trolling in some cases, like its the dumbest shit.

but honestly riot has been like this forever, league is not even close to the game that i fell in love with back in 2010 before it even had match making and people unironically played shit like corki jungle, I guess like anything good or fun it has to die and jump the shark at some point, its just that league is still jumping sharks 6 years later
>>
>Lol doesn't even have voice enabled for teamgames

And people play this game? Gosh.
>>
>>339917894
It's called sense of progression. You eventually get addicted to that feeling. It was the only reason why i played lol before i quit. I also fell for the meme "you have to carry team by yourself".
>>
>>339898018
>That garbage curl form
>>
>>339923665
>carrying the team by yourself
perhaps the biggest meme of all, even when you watch pros they spew the "i cant carry this shit" line all over the place

even qtpie responded to someone asking how to get out of bronze and all he said was "Idk man, I was stuck in bronze too til i won like 20 games in a row, good luck buddy"

you ask people on forums though and they tell you to carry 1v9 like a "pro would" kek
>>
>>339899669
No lol
>>
>>339897519
I'd actually buy Overwatch if they provided real soloq
fuck facing premades in any pvp game
>>
File: 1464240625601.jpg (461 KB, 1440x1617) Image search: [Google]
1464240625601.jpg
461 KB, 1440x1617
do you like geting barked on by 12 year olds so much that you play this game? and when you say something you get banned?
cuck mind
>>
>>339924104
>cuck mind
explain
now
>>
>>339901996
You can't queue as a 4 man premade in dota2. You queue as 1,2,3,5 and then the game matches solo players with other solos and 2,3 premades while 5 gets matched with 5
>>
>>339924180
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>339898018
>>
>>339920720
>all characters competitively viable
>who is elder titan
>who is lone druid
>who is any jungler without summons

I mean, everything else on that is legit (except seasonal events after the travesty that was the Year Beast Brawl, unless you count passes), but saying all the heroes are competitively viable is kind of bs-and this is coming from a Dotafag, albeit a rather shitty one.
>>
>>339924427
Elder titan is not bad at all, they just dont pick him
Lone druid can do well (see crazy korean casters)
WK can jungle, LS can jungle, Doom can. many heroes without summons can jungle, especially with that new item.
>>
>no sandbox mode for a competitive game
>no voice comms for a team game
>makes game "fresh" by literally changing map mechanics every other patch
>select few ranged dps objectively superior because they all play the same and cycled every other patch
Only reason I still play this game is to keep up with the hentai meta.
>>
>>339921126
There are no replays literally because they don't have the server capacity to host all and distribute all that data.
The system has been completely done for like, a year now, but if they put it up the game would break.
>>
>>339924238
>its perfectly fine to throw around words without any context even if it doesn't make sense and if someone points out then they are from reddit
How about you kill yourself you double nigger
>>
>>339924238
Muh reddit bougeyman
There is nothing wrong with reddit
>>
>>339921152
Premade with who
>>
>>339922031
>The majority of the player base are young males.

And the majority of halo's playerbase is low 20s, and that game literally does not function on a competitive level without voice chat.

Same for any incarnation of counter strike.
Same for fucking soloq Dota even.
Same for just about any competitive video game.

You can literally just mute people if its a problem, riot just doesn't want voice chat because they can't police it.
>>
>>339924970
>vote system so if you don't agree with the hivemind your comment will never be seen
>you get banned if you dare to have different opinions
>you need an extension to properly use the site
>everything is a whole circlejerk
Some small subs are okay but saying that there's nothing wrong with reddit is a bit overkill
>>
>>339924427
>Hes never seen competitive elder titan aura max with tinker rocket spam meme push

Oh dear sweet child.
>>
>>339917894
If you're playing ranked you're probably not playing for fun. After 50 games I started getting bored because I was tryharding with 3 champs. After I hit plat I quit and just did normals with all champs.
>>
>>339897519

>expecting a game to be handled well when it's basically owned by tencent
>>
>>339924970
consider suicide kappa 123 kill urself merc out
>>
File: shinertactics.png (1 MB, 1280x797) Image search: [Google]
shinertactics.png
1 MB, 1280x797
I haven't played in years

what on earth is going on now?
>>
>>339921890
gold 4 is still silver
>>
tfw slowly making the switch to DotA
>>
>>339897519
>Completely fucking lied about bringing SoloQ back
But they never said they would bring it back
>>
File: 1461552816971.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1461552816971.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
>>339897519
>Blizzshills needing to shit on other games in order to defend their dying company
>>
>>339925507

You don't want to know. It's a complete linear shit fest that lost its charm.
>>
>>339922091
I knew someone like this, except he made it worse posting on facebook pictures and trying to flirt being 200 lbs and greasy with his fedora. Like nigga you are in college, you need to change, if he still looks like this 5 years later then he's def a virgin still
>>
>>339924894
>here are no replays literally because they don't have the server capacity to host all and distribute all that data.
Wait what?
The spectate system can be used (and has been used by 3rd party tools) to save replays.
If these people can do it, Riot can do it better.
>>
>>339908342

CURRENT YEAR
DIFFERENT OPINION
>>
>>339924663
What new item?
>>
>League forces you to stay in a match with toxic players
>League forces you to remain playing in a horrendously painful losing match if your duo queue trolls insist on saying no to troll you
>League forces you to play with that retard who is speeding down midlane intentionally feeding. Sorry, 30 seconds in? Already fed 2 kills? Gotta wait 19 and a half fucking minutes to even surrender
>League has an extremely sensitive carebear chat filter and report system
>Solo queue doesn't even exist anymore. At all. And Riot in fact said it is never, ever ever, coming back. That detracts from the entire thought that individual skill matters-- which SHOCKINGLY DOES MATTER TO PEOPLE.
>Being facerolled by that 5 man premade because your entire team is made of solo queues who aren't on vent/discord/curse/skype? Wahh, too bad. Enjoy the LP loss
>Playing support feels like shit
>League's graphics are like 2001 quality (in 2016)
>League absolutely has no issue destroying an entire class of champions and obliterating items off of the face of the earth, multiple times
>characters with no mana, lmao
>League has no issue leaving champions in the dirt as severely weak and pathetic
>Hextech crafting is a joke
>"Champion mastery"
>Rune system is still absorbently expensive to get into and buy runes. This suffocates new players who need to buy a shitload of champions, whos IP cost has only ever INCREASED over the years. It is a new player trap and severely hurts newer players.
>That is ignoring the mastery system that new players have to face against
>Trail of broken promises
>They take away fun game modes like URF nonstop and instantly
>Adobe air
>Skins don't even go on sale during their initial release anymore.
>Complete gutting of lore
>Where is the "yearly cinematic"?
>New content where? You mean the champion release once every 6 months? You mean the occasional ward skin? You mean the rehashed game modes? For such a "big" game there is an awful lack of content
>Repetitive as fuck
>>
>>339915205
Here friendo. She makes youtube videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBT-dkbFOb0
>>
>>339925507
>mana pots and wards removed
>FoN and Atma removed
>champions reworked for worse
>meta is now forced on ranked so you either play by it or get banned
>you can get banned for saying anything because its a big safe place
>even more casualized by adding timers to nash/drake/jungle, adding trinkets so you don't have to buy wards
>loot boxes are added so you can experience cs:go tier cancer
>soloq removed so you can be matched against a full premade and get completely shit on (relevant in Dia+)
>summoner showcase with qt redhead removed
>mastery system added that rewards players even if they go 1/40
>solo carry removed so you can't even carry your team anymore
>only popularized meme champions are over the balance because e-celebs give money
>still no fucking achievements in 2016
>>
>>339925641
3rd party replays only save stuff you have vision on, for one.
Riot's system has to save the replay file for every single game of League of Legends played and upload them to every single person who wants to watch a replay.
I believe a different system could work where you get one chance to save it immediately after the game is over, then its deleted, and that would probably be fine. But that's not what they made, because that would be far inferior to Dota 2's system.
>>
File: 1353346650296.gif (13 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1353346650296.gif
13 KB, 256x192
>>339926028
oh
oh my god

why do people still play this then?
>>
File: CjuSP3ZXAAI9fCy.jpg large.jpg (239 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
CjuSP3ZXAAI9fCy.jpg large.jpg
239 KB, 1024x1820
Why don't people just go and play DOTA2 then?

Is it because they're afraid they need to take off their training wheels? Seriously, why stick with a game like LoL that treats you like an idiot and decides to fuck you over constantly?
>>
>>339897519
But why they wanted to do this Dynamic Queue into the first place?
>>
>>339898382
I want to make my own, independent gaming website, but that's like, the stupidest dream I have next to becoming a professional musician.

I just want to break down games, game companies, and the game industry in an interesting and honest way, which is really fucking rare these days.
>>
File: 1460658058260.jpg (42 KB, 650x448) Image search: [Google]
1460658058260.jpg
42 KB, 650x448
>get butthurt in league
>ITS THE END/HUSK/THEY SOLD OUT/FUCK LEAGUE

Fuck off man, if you dont like it you can click the uninstall button right there on your computer fucko. OH WAIT, you wont. You'll queue up with your friends, you'll play a new champ, a new lane, get your hextech skins, level up your mastery to 7, play Taliyah when she gets buffed, and rinse and fucking repeat forever.

>b-but muh opinions...

No one gives a shit. Pick any game, any franchise, any genre and BOOM you'll find your naysayers preaching that the sky is about to fall out because MUH PATCH or MUH BALANCE. Again, I politely point to the uninstall button and ask that you do so.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that OP is an ass and so is anyone who agrees with him. I'm not saying League is free from criticism, but its a conversation for the WINNERS to have, not you fotm passerbyers. Ask any legitimate league player, they aren't focused on your bullshit, they've got games to win and ranks to climb.
>>
>>339926279
Dota2 is like ten times better than LoL, but I always played (no more now thanks god) LoL for just one thing:
I was Diamond ranked, why should I re-learn from the beginning an entire game (more difficoult in this case) while I can stomp literally everyone on LoL? It could be fun if it was an RPG or something but DotA2 is a MOBA, a genre which is quite frustating by itself. That's why, even if I knew DotA2 was a better game, I never tried to learn it and play.
I used to play the first DotA before LoL, why I switched ;_;
>>
>>339926203
Firstly, its easy to get into it. Even a 10 years old with down syndrome can feel rewarded by playing the game.
Secondly, it became an e-penis thing since everyone knows about league, kids spend their time playing rankeds so they can tell their friends next day that they got to gold5 finally.
This is also why the community is terrible, mostly kids play this game.
>>
>"when i grow up mommy, i will play video games for a job!"
>>
>>339926279
Valve is much worse than Riot but yeah Dota2 is a better game and everyone should switch. Or start playing better games and quit mobas.
>>
>they never contacted Gangplank's old voice
I'm still mad
>>
>>339926028
>you can get banned for saying anything because its a big safe place

Toxic kid that got rekt by riot detected.
>>
>>339925993
>Voiceactor obviously suffering from ADHD
at least she could concentrate enough to make a half-decent job at voicing Trist
>>
>>339918231
>Dumb lore
It's not just that either.

In typical Chinese fashion, Tencent forced them into making the product as cheap and profitable as possible. Gow did they make this? By cutting down standards wherever they could.

The fact that they retro-actively nerfed all they lore to fit the new standard should make it clear how cheap their management - they nerfed everything of quality in the game so that their new shitty product would be the standard for everything else to come.

Activision-Blizzard is another hellhound altogether : they didn't nerf existing mechannics. They simply phased out end game content into milking machines as they slowly ventured out into new IPs where their real money went (lol at hearthstone which is basically no investment).

Blizzard killed their famous IP for the sake of germinating new IPs for the taste of the emerging markets, and staying afloat in the Future. Tencent, on the other hand, completely copy pastes sucesfull IPs in China but saw an opportunity to branch out into the weather via purchasing Riot (copy paste games would never stick in the weather because we actually have standards. The chinese don't.) But then inadvertently killed LoL by cheapening so hard and so fast on it, they literally gutted theyr golden egg goose!
>>
>>339926759
Not really, I've been playing since s1 on and off and never been banned, warned only once
Try again
>>
File: 1455587092691.png (155 KB, 258x296) Image search: [Google]
1455587092691.png
155 KB, 258x296
>>339917894
>Lucian player not having fun
Why am I not surprised?

On top of that faggot lusting over progression over his own enjoyment, "playing for fun" usually translated to "I don't mind if I play like shit or destroy others enjoyment" to them when you could still have fun and actually do good.
>>
>>339927237
Nice way to invalidate your argument then.
>>
>like the general idea and playstyle of Action RTS multiplayer games
>execution is always fucking mangled, updates make the games worse consistently
>all of them have matches that take almost an hour at the very least, which is fine sometimes, but what about some shorter matches?
>playerbase is 99% awful, have fun playing with cunts, BRs, and slavs if you don't have four friends who are willing to play the game
>people always have the impression that playing the game makes you an awful person

it hurts. what do i do?
>>
>>339927762
Play ARAM
>>
File: 1460108733288.gif (2 MB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
1460108733288.gif
2 MB, 334x357
>>339926459
>"it's a conversation for the winners to have"

Wow you're one special kind of absolutely fucking stupid, aren't you?

If you don't like your game dying then go and play it, go and play your dynQ and get rekt by teams that don't need to put in any effort to absolutely destroy you.
Go play the game made by devs that see you as fucking trash, if you don't buy their skins and lootcrates.
You're the type of person that buys a game, sees it's fucking shit and then tells people it's the second coming of christ, just because you think that you CAN'T POSSIBLY be tricked by marketing.
If you want to be a HaRdCoRe GaMeR then go ahead and play your shitty game, just know that player count is decreasing by the day.

League had a nice run, 6 seasons is not bad, but it will die out and something else will take it's place.

Also, been diamond/master for the past 2 seasons so sit your ass down you fucking gold pleb.
>>
>>339897519
>not quitting
ayy
>>
>>339927479
Its funny how you can tell what players are having fun
>"I will carry this shit alone tier and shit on and blame everyone for my mistakes" tier
Riven, Vayne, Lucian, Rengar, Zed, etc
>"I'm having fun whatever happens" tier
Singed, Poppy, Sion, Braum, etc
>>
Fucking 15 min waittime in diamond 3. Epick.
>>
Tbh I dont think its ALL Riots fault.

The community is so sick of interacting with itself (raging and shit) that they're starting to leave. And can you blame them?

Last ranked match (qualifier series):
>play Annie mid vs Malta
>Struggling a bit
>Not losing, but not carrying
>Start carebearing bot
>Steer 5 kills into ADC
>Counterganked (by pure chance of timing) 4 ot 5 Nautilus ganks
>Meanwhile on top, Riven is mad
>Apparently, playing well =/= feeding 2 lanes
>That egotistical son of a bitch called me out because he wasnt performing as well as the rest of the team
>Proceeds to feed
>Ask him to please play patiently as the ADC is getting fed
>He starts invading
>Really stupidly invading jungle. Getting cut off from the team when someone else is away and essencially fighting 1v3/4 and berating us for not jumping into a 3v4 (which could be 5 as far as I know) when he died.
>Ignores dragon and baron pings.
>When I ask him why he didn't help his team and played so rashly, he says that "the game was lost anyway. Who cares?" (we lost 2 team fights because he suddenly fucked off to farm top lane without warning and then ignored the pings for help).

These retards are the run-of-the-mill average player. You come across them so often, they ruin so many games foeyour , whats the point of playing this game when people troll normals "because its just a normal" and then troll ranked "because its already lost (I.e. the rest of the team is fed but I'm not) ?

No matter what you do, you'll come across so many pieces of infantile shit in this game. Its not worth it.
>>
>>339928043
maybe if you select fill instead of trying to carrylord every game like every other retard ever
>>
>>339928125
If you select fill you will be playing support 99% of the time.
>>
>>339928125
I don't want to support. I am not a cuck. Bot lane in mid diamond is a fucking joke.
>>
>>339927796
that's more of a party game format than something more strategic
>>
>>339928049
Oh, and btw, not a single team fight was pulled off in this match. Riven was always off to farm somewhere else while the team disputed (and ran away from) objectives like dragon .

Fuck this game and this community .
>>
>>339927762
>execution is always fucking mangled, updates make the games worse consistently
Its amazing how true this is man, imo things that killed all the fun in LoL were
1-Playerbase, the game was cool at first, but people started to treat it as le sirius busns e-sport, this made both the game and the playerbase worse everyday, the players kept being more and more tryhard and the game became more and more stale, boring and just plain unfun, the only thing that matters is elo, fuck killing, fuck ambushing, fuck roaming, fuck having fun, just play the safest way possible, farm for 30 minutes and hope to get ahead
2-Riot, they choose to aim their game at the e-sports crowd, making it competitive, 100% balanced and "fair" the thing is, their idea of fairness is making everyone play by their rules, and their rules are each fucking update more and more boring, it encourages playing defensively, not risking, farming over everything else in the world.
>>
>>339928125
Fill is bad because it means you will play support. Riot dude said that people that put fill/support get support something like 80% of time.
>>
>>339928049
ARTS all have toxic communities from beginning to end

glad DOTA gave me the good times before it died

ARTS should have died with it
>>
>>339928274
It's strategic as it gets for videogames, the only other option is chess.
>>
>>339925470
Are you me?
I did the same. Playing ranked to until I got where I wanted with my best champions and then normals to just play whatever I feel like and have some fun, without being worried to lose a ton of points
>>
>>339897519
>>339898382
It's not first time they deleted comments and lied. Remember sandbox mode?
>>
>>339925925
I never got that dota meme of "you can just leave if you don't feel like it". It translates into "nobody cares about the game, it's all just for the lolz".
Is there even a ranked ladder system in dota2? And how can it be accepted that single people are allowed to ruin the game for both teams?
>>
>>339897519
>Is this the beginning of the end for LoL?
This game will die eventually. Remember how WoW seemed immortal and invincible back in the day, but then Cataclysm happened? The same thing will happen here, it's inevitable.
>>
>queue up in mid plat on OCE server
>put anything other than support or fill(read: support)
>30 minute queue

Smaller servers get absolutely fucked by dynamic queue

I can't imagine what a shitshow the jap server must be right now
>>
>>339928523
It happens to all the games that need updates to keep going. Old players want more and better updates not to get bored and new players feel more and more overwhelmed. Imagine someone starting to play LOL today and seeing prices for all the champions, it's impossible to unlock half of them without paying not to mention all of them. Riot should go full China pandering mode and milk as much as they can while game isn't completely dead.
>>
>>339926279
>Why don't people just go and play DOTA2 then?
Because its casual garbage and LoL is an allround better game.
>>
>>339927848
This is was pure NaCl looks like everyone, take a pic cause its quite rare.
>>
>>339928523
Except WoW is still one of the most played games on the planet and THE biggest MMO by a huge margin.

And its almost 15 years old.
>>
And LoL players expected Riot to do things their way?

What a joke, LoL players get what they deserve.
>>
>>339929457
>Dota is casual garbage
I never played LoL, but everything I read here sounds like LoL is the casualized shitfest
>>
>>339929924
Nope dota2 is literally dumbed down casual garbage
>No Masteries
>No Runes
>No Brush
>No Summoner spells
>RNG on everything
>Average of 2 active abilities per champion
>No AD/AP scaling
>No MR
>No skillshorts
>No depth
>No complexity
>>
>>339930291
>>No Masteries
>>No Runes
those are positives, tho
>>
>>339930446
Not at all, runes and masteries give opportunities to play certain champions with different styles.
>>
This game started its decline in season 3, when reinventing the game for the sake of change became riots strategy to keep players interested.
>>
>>339930446
dude he's b8ing hard. don't bother giving him (you)s
>>
>>339925429
>you need an extension to properly use the site
What is 4chan X.
>>
>>339930446
>those are positives, tho
Sure, if you are a casual who cant deal with depth or complexity.
>>
>>339930559
Since the whole game is based on microtransactions, people demand changes for no reason, just to not get bored. This is not what an esports community is like. Nobody in bw or cs 1.6 wants any more patches.
As result in league things like bruiser meta with darius recking through every game and getting pentas at worlds because it's funny to watch
>>
>teamgame needing coordination
>no voice chat
how can you justify this
>>
>>339930757
does it still not have replay either, or did they finally add that in?
>>
>>339930757
>CYKA BLYAT
>>
>>339927198
Still made them a billion and more lol
>>
>>339930757
I have no desire to listen to 15 year olds raging why nobody was there to help when he went inside unwarded area 1 vs 3
>>
>>339930535
>No Masteries
Thank god
>No Runes
Shit
>No Brush
that triggers me
>No Summoner spells
no need for stuff like this desu
>RNG on everything
Pseudo RNG is a thing, thats correct
>Average of 2 active abilities per champion
*hero. This is just flat out wrong
>No AD/AP scaling
>No MR
?Is that Magic Resist? There are items that reduce Magic.
>No skillshorts
That is wrong
>No depth
what depth is Dota lacking that LoL have?
>No complexity
what do you mean by this

You have never played Dota, right?
>>
File: 1308873079844.jpg (9 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1308873079844.jpg
9 KB, 255x256
>the things you like are toxic for the community
>can't admit they got lucky on their game and QoL adjustments are a hell to implement because of their weak foundation
Why can't they stop lying?
>>
Who gives a shit about gookgames
>>
>>339924427
>who is any jungler without summons

They're all viable by simply not taking them to the jungle.

Except lifestealer.
>>
>>339930291
Only thing you need to focus on in LoL is fucking csing and in DotA2 you also need to deny cs for enemy.

It's much harder and more complex game. Summoner spells are just "out of jail" cards for casuals.

>"Look, you made a mistake, just use a flash!"

And this comes from LoL player.
>>
>>339921454
>>339922031

>We shouldn't have voice chat becuase toxicity
>Please riotto protect my sensibilities

Stop ruining video games.
>>
File: 1438320696490.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1438320696490.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>playing ASSFAGGOTS
>ever
wew lads
>>
Dota doesn't have solo queue either rofl

Face it all mobas are dogshit now
>>
>>339930920
99% of lolbabs that throw around these untrue statements never even bothered doing more than the tutorial of DotA
they spout this memes and get extremely defensive if you call them out on their bullshit
>>
>>339930850
>Implying russians play lol
>>
>>339897519

Ranked becoming unplayable was probably the worst decision Riot could have made.

They don't seem to understand that when people don't want to play their game (Which is often, because it's the most stressful hour of your life) they're watching some memer diamond player stream ranked. Most of the interest in this game comes from streaming. Dynamic queue fucking up the higher tiers of ranked play did more than discourage playing ranked past a certain point, it directly effected the exposure this game is getting and poisoning it on twitch.
>>
>>339926336

It's the final solution to toxicity.

As time goes on, Riot realizes that they can fudge the numbers and offer all the incentives they want, but people will still behave like assholes. More than that, behavior like intentionally feeding because you didn't get the role you want or otherwise interfering with your success as a team are toxic behaviors that NEVER get punished because Riot has no ability to review that because LOL NO REPLAYS or any meaningful post-match data.

So instead Riot has encourages, hard, that everyone play with their friends all the time. There are incentives for it. They made an app for it. They made it so reaching plat/diamond has NEVER BEEN EASIER as long as you have friends to play with.
>>
File: 1464542888231s.jpg (7 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
1464542888231s.jpg
7 KB, 220x250
There should be solo and team queue in every ranked game.
>>
Mobas and their fanses are the worst things that ever happened to video games.

Not SJWs. Not mobile games. Not DLCs.

League and Dotard are.
>>
>>339931170
>>can't admit they got lucky on their game
Actually that's not the case, most of the people who created the game dont work at riot anymore and the new devs dont really have a clue what they are doing.
>>
>>339929278

Pretty much, they can appeal to the current playerbase all they want but everyone has a breaking point where change simply becomes too much, and new players don't want to get involved in a game where they have to grind and get pounded by smurfs for a month just to START playing competitive. I don't like Dota much either but at the very least, you don't have to grind. New people can pick up the game tomorrow.
>>
>>339897519
Didn't play for a year. Can someone tell me what happened to solo q
>>
>>339898018
Check this 15
>>
>>339932373
Then how do you know what players are good? Can you at least play a team ranked? I mean it's the same company that added a ladder system for counter strike, why not dota?
>>
>>339933457
solo Q got removed in favor of Dynamic Queue.

It's basically ranked team builder, where you select a primary and secondary role and you get put into a team with the role you chose. Also you can queue with as many people as you'd like.

5v5 ranked teams got removed because you can now queue as 5 for the one ranked ladder available.

However, Riot said that they would release pure solo queue a couple of weeks after dynamic queue since they needed to monitor dynamic queue to balance it and shit.

Months went by and still no solo queue. Dynamic queue is good for people to get carried but it's shit if you're a solo player since a lot of times say you're top, you'll be against a 3-man premade (jung/top/mid) and you just get shit on and have to rely on the premade on your team to win since you won't be able to win your lane.

You can also be paired with a 4-man premade which means you have little to no say in your team since they're probably on comms.

After all the complaining about dynamic queue and how it's not as accurate as solo queue at determining player skill, Riot says
>BTW we're not releasing solo queue ever\

there's also no 5v5 ranked so amateur teams don't really have place to practice
>>
>trusting Riot after they became slave by the chinks
Kek
>>
>>339928285
>>339928049

Glad to see the game hasn't changed since... 2012? Next you'll tell me people still kill each other over the top lane spot.

DotA has its problems and the community can be just as bad as LoL's but at least people don't go AFK and cry for 20 as soon as the enemy gets a 3 kill advantage. I tried to level up another account two years back and the above scenario happened in more than half of my games.

It seems like that game's completely unplayable if you don't have a 5 man stack, if only to prevent retards from chimping out.
>>
>>339924427
>>339925771
Have you not played in the last year?
>>
>>339930737

Oh yes, because people constantly invent new and unseen combinations instead of the usual cookie cutter bullshit.

Besides, those are set before the game starts. At least DotA forces you to do complex decisions on the fly.
>>
>>339934159
>a lot of times say you're top, you'll be against a 3-man premade (jung/top/mid) and you just get shit on and have to rely on the premade on your team to win since you won't be able to win your lane.

I don't understand this. Does this mean the enemy will have a ganker waiting by mid and top all the time while yours will be covering bot lane?

It seems like you trade winning your top lane for your ADC to dominate bot lane. Where's the problem in that? Also, if you know enemy jungler will be pining for you to make a mistake, why not play safer and let him waste time by not providing him an opportunity to gank?
>>
>>339897519
>browsing reddit

lol
>>
>>339934694
Somebody post that quote from the league dev who stated that they were trying to cement the current meta by balancing heroes and items around it rather than creating ways for people to break the mold
>>
>>339913032
Played Dominion a lot because laning is boring as shit. I just play hots now. It's still shit but atleast there isn't some intrusive meta that sucks the fun out of everything
You can't even play soloq anymore and fill the blanks or do some stupid shit with others because its a dungeon finder now
>>
>>339935278
it's just a scenario

the problem is that if you get shut down by a premade that's coordinating ganks on you you're at the mercy of your premade which could be something like duo bot and jg

it just gives you less room to stand out on your own

also "playing safe" still shuts you down if you have to constantly miss out on xp and gold because their mid and jungler are threatening to dive you.

again, it's just a scenario where going against a 3-4 man premade is pretty unfair for a solo player.
>>
>>339930737
Literally everyone uses the same 4 sets of runes,complexity my ass
>>
Now I hear a lot of crying about dynamic queue and I just don't feel the difference. Especially when playing with my friends, not everyone is playing with voice chat. In addition to that, most people do not know how to use it efficiently. The advantage is really low and just being friends with someone doesn't mean you have a magical synergy.
When playing high level WoW arenas, the communication was much more important, you are pretty much a talking combat log of cooldowns and what you gonna do.
tl;dr the average lol player has little to no downside with the new queue
>>
>>339935973
Here's a pity (you)
>>
>>339934465
Yeah man. The community is pure cancer.

Theres so many kids ruining perfectly good matches by throwing tantrums, it's unbelievable. Now that I think about it, realizing I was actively seeking out the company of obvious 14 y.o. players in this game (because there's so many of them) is what drove me away the first time. Who the fuck wants to be in the company of adolescent children? That's seriously baf conpany for anyone with goals in their lives.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png (18 KB, 316x610) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png
18 KB, 316x610
>>339934694
>DotA forces you to do complex decisions on the fly.
>>
>>339935927
>the problem is that if you get shut down by a premade that's coordinating ganks on you you're at the mercy of your premade which could be something like duo bot and jg

>also "playing safe" still shuts you down if you have to constantly miss out on xp and gold because their mid and jungler are threatening to dive you.

I get that, but realistically the same should be happening to enemy bot lane. Can you honestly say that the premades you're queued with are always worse than the enemy's?

Still, I suppose

>it just gives you less room to stand out on your own

is in full effect here.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.