[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get good? Dragon form aside, Ryu is kind of weak desu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 2117013-box_bofdq.png (654 KB, 513x640) Image search: [Google]
2117013-box_bofdq.png
654 KB, 513x640
How do i get good?
Dragon form aside, Ryu is kind of weak desu
>>
Just get as far as you can a few times without aiming to beat the game and save all the bonus xp you'll be collecting
It's stupid but you'll need a few practice runs to unlock skills and items and extra story before you go for a proper game clear and you'll be learning where the tough battles are and how to most efficiently beat them without getting your percentage to high, just know the very last bit of the game is a boss gauntlet and that the final boss you need to use your d breath to one shot him and going past 100 percent for that one battle won't kill you
>>
>>339891184
First: this game is beatable in 1 playthrough. You won't get the full story in a single sitting, but you can get to the ending without ever restarting.

At the early game you're stuck with Ryu doing all roles, the moment you get Nina he should be tank and clean up crew. When you get Lin, its all about having Nina set up traps, using Lin to push and pull from a distance, and Ryu conserving energy and playing tank when enemies get too close.

If you're stuck at first boss, make use of the cyclop's lack of movement. Get away, save up your AP, and go in with the full 2 bars so you can max out your damage output with 30% damage bonus finishers.

Don't buy weapons. Don't ever buy weapons. Drops from enemies and exploring for treasure chests will get you all you need as far as equipment goes. Your inventory should be stocked with nearly every page full of medkits, a blank page for drops, and a few slots for revive kits. You only need 1 trap: meat, and you only need 1 piece of it as the monsters take some time to completely eat it off the map, long before you can hit them, get a pre-empt turn, and pick up the meat after the battle is over
>>
>>339891184

get good. Im not trying to sound like a dick but you just have to learn the mechanics take your time and think things through

proper AP consumption is king because combos are where your damage come from. Remember all unused AP gets carried over to the next battle turn.
>>
>>339891184
Combos for bonus damage, learn spell weaknesses to wreck shits with Nina, use Catwaifu for status effects, learn some basic combo with Ryu and abuse the fuck out of it throughout the entire game, dragon form one-shot every single boss for maximum keks
>>
>>339892427
What the fuck did they do to my Breath of Fire!?

What you're describing is absolutely disgusting
>>
File: low ds.jpg (44 KB, 230x192) Image search: [Google]
low ds.jpg
44 KB, 230x192
>>339892659
>What the fuck did they do to my Breath of Fire!?

made it good.
>>
>got like halfway through
>will probably never pick it up again
Sucks, was a pretty neat game too
>>
>>339892659
It was Capcom trying to stay relevant during the golden era of jrpgs. Breath of Fire 3 is considered the highlight of the series, but was panned by everyone on release as being mediocre. 4 was known to be the dullest of the series with the only major innovation brought to the series aside from 2 perspective storytelling is magic combos - having the entire party actually adventuring together and swapping front and back lines was in BoF 1, and then dropped for the next 2 games.

A lot of the criticisms from jumping from 4 to DQ are the same from jumping from 2 to 3:
-smaller, more railroaded world with no hidden nooks like giant island, hell, the form of transportation dropped to just walking by 3
-smaller dungeons
-fewer party members
-shorter game

The rest was some sort of evolution: shamans transformed into dragon genes and masters, township turn into faerie village, hunting and fishing keep going
>>
Get to the point where you can steal the item for nina to get transfer. Have nina transfer all her ap to rin or ryu. Kill everything with rin or ryu. Before that, nina traps and environmental traps.
>>
>>339891785
I asked how to get good not how to be a faggot
>>
>>339892659
Dragon Quarter is actually good, look at the new mobile game if you want to know what they did to your BoF
>>
You can't get into slugfests with enemies in DQ and expect to win. Ryu is the game's "tank," but he'll still get cut to pieces in no time if you don't do everything in your power to avoid coming under attack. Strike first, and strike decisively.

Don't be afraid to make use of your consumables. You have limited inventory space, so hoarding them won't do you any good.
>>
>>339892659
Kill yourself casual.

The bait/trap mechanic is awesome.
>>
>>339892659
They fucked it, BOF 4 is the definitive, and factually best bof.
>>
>>339896706
BoF 3 atmosphere is top tier.
>>
>>339891184
>How do i get good?

by playing a better game
>>
>>339896868
They're all good before dragon quarter, which was about as good as orphen: scion of sorcery.
>>
>>339896991
>They're all good before dragon quarter

The original kind of sucks desu
>>
File: b0490006.png (182 KB, 447x502) Image search: [Google]
b0490006.png
182 KB, 447x502
>>339892785
>made it good.

nice joke
>>
>>339892659
They tried something different since the series was never big and they were fucking idiots that never marketed the series. It's still a good game and my second favorite after 3.
>>
>>339897191
it's dated, but it's about as good as the first ff or dragon quest games imo. they're not great, but they're certainly not dragon quarter.

It's sad, because I 100%'d dragon quarter as a teen, and I hated every second of it. There were so few rpgs around that time and dragon quarter had so much potential.
>>
File: Galerians_Coverart[1].png (113 KB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
Galerians_Coverart[1].png
113 KB, 256x249
Can we talk about an equally weird game I could never get into but wanted to?

It's not even the tank controls, it's just boring to me after awhile...
>>
>>339891184
>How do i get good?
By throwing that piece of shit into the trash can where it belongs.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.