[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The video game industry has devolved to a point where sequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>The video game industry has devolved to a point where sequels don't look the same as the previous installments, but actually look worse

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>339890527
name an example
>>
>>339890527
Just like movies.
>>
Thinly veiled Deadly Premonition thread
>>
>>339890573
Mirror's Edge 2
Nearly all "spiritual successors" of the Infinity Engine games
Tides of Numenera

also remakes like

Arkham remake
Silent Hill HD
HoMM 3 remake

etc
>>
>>339890705
Movie market has a lot more to offer than just capeshit. It's true that blockbuster has fallen.
>>
>>339890909
>Mirror's Edge 2
Agreed, although it's because they fell for the retarded open world meme.

>Nearly all "spiritual successors" of the Infinity Engine games
>Tides of Numenera
Nah, you just have nostalgia glasses on. The majority of spiritual successors aside from the most indie of them like Age of Decadence all look better than shit like Baldur's Gate 2 and Arcanum.
>>
>>339890573
Ninja Gaiden 3
Dark Souls 2
Assassins Creed Revelations
Resident Evil 6 (compared to RE5)
Resident Evil 0 (compared to REmake)
Silent Hill Homecoming and Downpour
>>
>>339891838
i'm not talking about gameplay, medge 2 looks worse in the visual department and that's hilarious.

new deus ex didn't even have mirror reflections so in terms of TECHNOLOGY it got outclassed by a 20th century game.

>>339891838
arcanum looks better than any of the new rpgs.
>>
>>339892510
>i'm not talking about gameplay, medge 2 looks worse in the visual department and that's hilarious.
Neither am I. The fact that they made a gigantic map is why the graphics are worse. They fell for the open world and the graphics suffered from it.

>arcanum looks better than any of the new rpgs.
Nope, nostalgiafaggot detected.
>>
>>339890909
>>339892323
BLOWN THE FARK OUT
>>
File: 2401374-wasteland2_0.jpg (314 KB, 1650x855) Image search: [Google]
2401374-wasteland2_0.jpg
314 KB, 1650x855
>>339892705
arcanum has neat art direction unlike abominations like pic related
>>
>>339890527
Are you subtly trying to imply that the Twin Peaks revival is going to be shit?
>>
>>339892836
God that looks disgusting
>>
>>339892942
it looks worse in game, that was kickstarter promo

>>339892926
probably not because lynch has never failed.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.