[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this game is pretty good mechanically why did it get critically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Resident-Evil-6.png (910 KB, 1024x646) Image search: [Google]
Resident-Evil-6.png
910 KB, 1024x646
this game is pretty good mechanically

why did it get critically panned?
>>
>good mechanics
>bullet sponge enemies
Fuck off. Means fuck all if killing Zombies isn't satisfying.
>>
Not enough giraffe blowjobs
>>
>>339889050
as if normal zombies aren't literal bullet sponges dumb faggot

lmao what an idiot
>>
>needed a patch to pull the camera out of the player character's ass and the ridiculous number and intrusiveness of the QTEs
>enemies barely react to being shoot in a Resident Evil game that comes after 4 which absolutely fucking inexcusable
>terrible user interface, cannot decide whether it wants to be an action game or a survival horror game where you have to decide how to manage inventory and uses a system that is terrible for both

It's a fine place for growing pains towards a logical evolution of RE4's pioneering, or a return to more conventional survival horror form(e.g. Revelations 2), but on its own merits it's shit.
>>
needs Rebecca
>>
File: 90129134871.png (937 KB, 828x832) Image search: [Google]
90129134871.png
937 KB, 828x832
needs more Sherry ass shots
>>
Survival horror ammo count in a fucking action game. Only one decent story arc.
>>
>>339888893
>this game is pretty good mechanically

Was it? I felt it was trash. I only played the demo but it was enough for me to dislike the game.
>>
>>339889550
>zombie gets shot in the head
>still moving
>>
I played it with the gf and we had a lot of fun, personally.
>>
>>339888893
personally i would've been happy with another game that looked/played just like RE5. just give me new locations and story

but i knew there was nowhere to go but down after killing wesker. series rightfully should've ended right there, then REmake 1/2/3 and that's it

or finish Outbreak with a new installment
>>
RE4 is the perfect blend of survival horror and action game

they won't make another good game in the series because it's not possible to do so
>>
I played it with my wife's son and we had a lot of fun, personally.
>>
>>339889553
I think the funniest part was people complaining that Ada had no partner, leading to the imaginary friend they patched in later.
>>
>>339892910

Not very well, if you were playing coop you couldn't interact with anything as the extra guy.

Anyway, I thought the game was enjoyable, played it with my bro. Last chapter with Sherry/Jake wasn't that fun though.
>>
coz it was only good mechanically
>>
>>339892581
>>339889553
>I never played any resident evil games

Protip, headshots never killed in 1 hit in those either with the starting pistol unless they crit. :^)

>>339892910
This was pretty funny though.

Honestly with a partner the game was pretty good, I mainly played Mercs after I beat it though, I just wish there was a lot more shooting/action parts. They should say fuck the horror parts and make it a full on action game at this point, RE6's mechanics were fucking amazing for a TPS. Hell I'd be happy if they said fuck it and just used that engine and just called it a whole new series altogether.
>>
>>339888893

Idunno most of the game felt like mercenaries mode with respawning enemies out the ass. I think I had to put it on easy because fucker zombies were spawning faster than I could figure out where to go or kill them fast enough of them to clear a path.

Pacing was overall a clusterfuck.
>>
>>339890737
game needs alternate costumes in campaign
>>
>>339888893
if this game wasn't called resident evil you faggots would shit on it so hard. It fucking sucks, it's a slog to play through outside of one campaign.
>>
>>339893519
nobody on /v/ likes re6
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 512x800
Freeze! Put your fat cocks where I can see 'em!
>>
>>339892910
>I think the funniest part was people complaining that Ada had no partner, leading to the imaginary friend they patched in later.
Lol, I almost didn't believe you until I looked it up.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Agent

They might as well have just called him "Guy".
>>
File: leon gif.gif (3 MB, 214x120) Image search: [Google]
leon gif.gif
3 MB, 214x120
>>339888893
All they need to do is take the RE6 gameplay and make a next gen mercs only game kinda like the 3ds title. I think RE6's combat is just too good to throw away
>>
>>339888893
because the rest of it is trash mercs is the only good thing about it
>>
>>339894332
Fuck mercs as a game it has no supstance and is just a cheap arcadey game with no depth
>>
>>339893771
I see tons of threads praising it, maybe it's shitposting
>>
playing it right now, finished leon almost finished chris campaign

Pretty good so far, can get a bit boring at times and need breaks.
>>
>>339888893
same reason why they all have since 5
theyre taking away the atmospheric horror which made the game what it was to cowa dooty shoot em ups
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.