[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played Final Fantasy before and i'm told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Ff6-logo.jpg (57 KB, 800x274) Image search: [Google]
Ff6-logo.jpg
57 KB, 800x274
I've never played Final Fantasy before and i'm told to start with 6. Should i play it on a snes emulator or a gba emulator?
>>
>>339887949
Or should i play the PC port instead?
>>
>>339887949
Snes emulator.
>>
>>339889027
>Or should i play the PC port instead?
nnnnnnooooooooooo

GBA emulator with the mod that restores the visuals and sound quality.
>>
IV is much, much friendlier to start with. I recommend the PSP version if it's your very first time playing.
>>
SNES emulator, or a GBA emulator with a sound mod

I started with the GBA version of FF1 for what that's worth, there's tons of different ports of FF1
>>
>>339889430

4 is also much more difficult. If OP has no JRPG experience 6 is the best SNES title to start with
>>
>>339889232
>GBA emulator with the mod that restores the visuals and sound quality.
This.
>>
snes with the uncensored patch
>>
>>339890742
>>339889510
Are there any differences between the two other than visuals and sound?
>>
>>339889602
Eh, i'd say hardness is a stretch in Final Fantasy games. Anyone can go into it without much experience and be fine enough to take on any superbosses by the end of it.
>>
>>339887949

SNES emulator

This game never got a good port.
>>
>>339889602
>>339889430
Is there any real order to playing Final Fantasy in? I guess i should play the classics eg. 4,6,7 but other than those idk which are worth playing
>>
>>339890975
Quite a few. The more notable are two extra dungeons and 4 extra espers.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VI/Version_differences
>>
>>339891259
Most people say, as you stated, that 4,6,7 along with 8 and 9 are the core games to play. I also heard good things about the one's with Tidus (11 I think)
>>
>>339891259
I think they are all worth one playthrough, but it depends on their port. Original FF1 and 2 are a fucking chore to play through, the GBA remakes are much better. You can play in any order, as long as you understand some new features may be missing from previous games.
>>
>>339890975
>>339890742
>>339889510

There is no working "sound mod". Retards keep claiming this but anyone who isn't deaf knows that the sound quality is EVEN WORSE with the mod because the GBA's sound chip is garbage and this translates to emulators as well and is completely unavoidable.

Also the GBA has censorship, a worse translation, lower resolution, washed out colours and slowdown.

Don't even consider it. SNES version or bust.
>>
>>339891391
10, actually. I personally don't like it, but it's still a good game.
>>
>>339891391

8 definitely isn't required or even good. 10 is required.
>>
>>339891391
I would even hesitantly say 10-2 is among those you should play.
>>
>>339891990
>10
>anything other than shit
>8
>anything other than the best final fantasy

What a fucking faggot
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.