[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So NoA censors XCX, Tokyo Mirage, Fire Emblem, and Fatal Frame.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Cia1.jpg (47 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Cia1.jpg
47 KB, 560x315
So NoA censors XCX, Tokyo Mirage, Fire Emblem, and Fatal Frame. Tits are bad for American players, even if they're not on real people. Bad tits, parents and Christians will explode, right?

Yet they let these fucking puppies through without so much as some kind of cleavage-covering armor.

How the fuck do they decide what tits we CAN see and what we can't?
>>
Nintendo would probably excuse it with "Cia is meant to be seen as a villain so it's okay"
>>
>>339886514
Didn't that come out before all the others? Might explain a few things.

>christian
It's the second decade of the 21st century, fundies are now joined by social activists.
>>
>>339886679
Even by Treehouse logic that makes no sense, Anon.
>>
>>339886514

KT and Team Ninja give no fucks is all.
>>
>>339886930
>Didn't that come out before all the others?
It did, yes.

So what the fuck started all this, then? And I don't mean "Twitter was bitching," something had to have set this whole thing off, like Big Bang Theory started off gamur girls and "suchanerdxD".

>>339887016
That's where Treehouse would've come in for the NoA release.
>>
>>339886514
Because Koei Tecmo handled localization. And those people love oppai and aren't cucks who let Nintendo censor their work.
>>
>>339886514
XCX: Underage girl
Tokyo Mirage: Underage girls
Fatal Frame: Underage girls
Fire Emblem: Underage girls, touching, undressing
Cia: One adult woman wearing sexy clothes with no dating sim/touching/any other kind of fanservice
>>
>>339886514
Tits are only bad if they're underage by nintendo's logic. Also, FF was NoE's doing. Also, none of those games have dual localizations, so that means they have to be censored to fit all western countries they released to, and Sweden Germany and Australia's censorship laws are the strictest.
>>
File: 1402683290472.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1402683290472.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
Not enough people supported them when they went pull fanservice, so they turned to the opposite demographic.

And the opposite demographic is making them profit.
>>
>>339887284
FE and Xeno had adults that were affected as well.

Not to mention awful script changes. Try again?
>>
Nintendo hadn't gone full retard in 2014. They started going on their censorship rampage about a year ago.
>>
>>339887284
>Tokyo Mirage: Underage girls
No. They upped Tsubasa's age to 18 for the western releases.
>Fatal Frame: Underage girls
One of them was 19.
>>
>>339887284
How can they be underage if they're not real?
>>
>haven't bought a Nintendo game since Christmas over this stuff

I'd like to think I'm not alone and that the company has noticed, but I'm not delusional. Just feels good to speak with my wallet.

didnt hurt that by all accounts Star Fox stunk
>>
Maybe Nintendo just wanted to create a titty monopoly on their consoles for Zelda. You want the boobs, you pay up for the same Zelda game you've played the last five or six times.
>>
>>339886514
Does Nintendo own Cia? I wonder if she had a cameo in future games if NoA would alter her costume.
>>
>>339887284
With the exception of XCX, NoA bumped up the ages of most of the girls yet still censored everything they possibly could in FF, FE, and TMS. NoA had no hand in the localization of HW.

NoA/Treehouse have real issues with fictional female anatomy. I kinda feel sorry for them.
>>
>>339887798
Because, for some reason, characters that don't exist have legal rights now.

>"The victim in question does not have to actually exist."

A judge said this when a man was on trial for owning some Japanese manga that customs didn't agree with. You can Google that quote.
>>
>>339887913
Only nintendo thing I got recently (past 12 months or so) was Paper Mario on VC and W101.

I'd totally buy some GC games if they release them.
>>
>>339886514
Was she in any trailer?
If not NoA couldnt care less.
>>
>>339888226
>Trailer
She would still have to be in the actual game.

Or do they know that the people they edit the trailers for don't actually buy their games?

I want to meet the parents whose fucking kid wants Tokyo Mirage over Halo.
>>
File: lawse.gif (1 MB, 330x312) Image search: [Google]
lawse.gif
1 MB, 330x312
>>339887798
>How can they be underage if they're not real?

Holyshit.

I'm screenshotting this.
>>
>>339888607
>I want to meet the parents whose fucking kid wants Tokyo Mirage over Halo.

This. NoA is out of their fucking minds if they think kids are chomping at the bit to play ANY of the games they censored over the last year or so.
>>
File: Nich.png (127 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
Nich.png
127 KB, 627x620
>>
>>339888875
What about it? It's a legitimate question.

All of the tits that Treehouse censored belong to fictional characters. If you want to really get technical, the girls in Tokyo Mirage aren't even a year old yet.

>>339888994
Or, you know, any of them besides the Mario series or Pokemon. I worked at Kmart back when they still sold games, and the only Nintendo games that sold were some Mario, every new Pokemon, licensed games (Lego movie, etc) on 3DS and then everything else was an M-rated shooter on Xbox or PS4.

And the kid would always scream if the parent didn't buy them GTA 5.

>>339889060
If I made a Twitter account just to start fucking with this guy, would he send his whiteknights out?
>>
>>339889120
Read the thread.
>>
>>339889060
This is the only reason I really bought Senran Kagura even though I'm still playing through Blood & Wine.
>>
>>339889191
Yeah, I started reading after posting. Now I feel silly.
>>
>>339886514

Cia is obviously an adult. most of the censorship comes to characters who are under 18
>>
I have a hunch it involves Ggate
>>
>>339889120
>underage, or implied to be underage.
They're video game characters. Japan understands this, why can't anyone else?

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/01/japanese-representative-refutes-un-suggestion-to-ban-media-depicting-sexual-violence/

>The so-called sexual violence in manga and video games is a made-up thing and as such does not threaten the rights of actual people; therefore, it is meaningless in protecting the rights of women.
>>
>>339889307
>There is nothing to be gained from regulating fictional sexual violence. However, while you’re trying to fix the rights of fictional characters, you’re leaving the human rights of real women in the real world left to rot.

Japan fucking gets it.
>>
>>339886514
SO the DLC that just came out was a few fairy costumes, Medli as a playable character, and a new map? Are all the maps as big as the first one? How many are there?

I've been playing the game like mad and I'm only around 50% done UNLOCKING the tiles, let alone getting all the treasures. How much more content is there?
>>
>>339889410
Unlocking the tiles on the very first one I mean. I think my friend just got to the windwaker map? I looked at it and it was rather large too.
>>
>>339889410
>Medli as a playable character
Free for everyone on both systems regardless of purchase of DLC, actually.
>>
>>339889060
Do you think he'll be in the livestream?
>>
>>339889397
>, you’re leaving the human rights of real women in the real world left to rot.
Good. Women already have too many rights at the expense of,everyone else.
>>
>>339889279
See >>339887712
>>
>>339889149
I don't think he's screenshotting it negatively, but for future posterity
>>
>>339889551
So it was just the map and the fairy costumes? Is the map thing like the adventure mode map?
>>
>>339886514
>XCX
Fair

>Tokyo Mirage
Fair and ridiculous. They make autistic main girl 18 and then censor her anyway. What was even the point of making her 18 then?

>Fatal Frame
Fair. But...

>Fire Emblem
Oh they censored it and shit all over it, but not in that way. If you think they did you didn't pay attention. Their main logic is typically to censor anything that might be seen as underaged (aside from the ridiculous #FE thing).
>>
>>339889307
Grading content isn't about protecting fictional characters. It's about giving people control of the content they wish to be subjected to. Or giving parents the control of the content they wish their children to be subjected to.

Deciding to censor underage characters, is to avoid giving players the idea that they are capable of acting sexually toward underage characters. It's not to protect the character from the player. It's to protect the player from the character.

This argument about whether or not fictional characters are being harmed, is beside the point entirely. Of course fictional characters can't be harmed, because they're fake. But that fact doesn't prevent the player from being subjected to the idea that a person is being harmed. After all, the basis of this entertainment is imagination. And one's imagination can be powerful. If a game like Mother 3 can be so powerful that it makes players cry, then who is to say depictions of deviance doesn't have a powerful effect on players?
>>
>>339887390
I doubt the censorship was due to Germany or Australia. Usually they have to get banned in those countries before censorship is done because of them.
>>
>>339890327
So what you're saying is we should ban violent video games so we don't all turn into murderers.
>>
>>339890327
>then who is to say depictions of deviance doesn't have a powerful effect on players?
If you can show in a well-controlled longitudinal study that exposure to violent or sexual media causes real life violence or sexual behaviour, that would be one thing. At best, you have poorly controlled lab studies that don't follow long-term and catalogue attitudes rather than behaviour.
>>
>>339890205
>XCX
>Fair
Why is it "fair," because Japan just had the misfortune of saying one girl was 13? And religious symbols?

She doesn't exist. If you can show me an actual 13 year old girl that looks like her and pilots a giant mech, I'll never say another word.
>>
>>339890327
>to avoid giving players the idea that they are capable of acting sexually toward underage characters

But they're characters. If someone wants to make his male character run behind a female NPC to look like he's humping her, who cares?

People did that shit with SNES RPGs all the time.
>>
>>339890639
I meant that it was fair to say it was censored for tits.
>>
>>339887390
>and Sweden Germany and Australia's censorship laws are the strictest.
Germany's USK uncucked themselves though. We got MKX fully uncensored. And Marvelous Europe even has fucking Senran Kagura in the biggest electronics stores on the shelves.
Only thing you can't do is show swastikas, because muh holocaust and muh evil heritage.
>>
>>339890760
Ah, okay.

If they have such a fucking issue with underage characters and have some kind of relationship with NoJ, could they just pass along to quit saying characters are underage or skip giving them ages entirely?
>>
>>339889560
Everyone will make fun of him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRyG5_HSSy4
>>
File: 1444975436783.png (405 KB, 855x470) Image search: [Google]
1444975436783.png
405 KB, 855x470
why can't NoA just understand?
>>
>>339891063
Would he debate about this on Twitter, or just call me a pedophile?
>>
File: Maragos.png (78 KB, 671x735) Image search: [Google]
Maragos.png
78 KB, 671x735
>>339891143
Blocked
>>
>>339891256
I'm not going to ask him about Nintendo work-related stuff. I'm going to ask him what he has against a fucking Japanese video game with big-boobed fictional ninjas in it.
>>
>>339891063
>your boogeyman is not real

Literally talking right at me.
>>
>>339891356
He'd probably just tell you that he's too busy or some shit
You can try I guess
>>
Somebody post some fucking CIA
>>
No one really gave a shit back then. Now they do. Click baiting. Moral fagging. It's a thing now. I'd reckon it was all about timing.
>>
>>339891840
Which ones senpai? Region Free? US? EU? Modded?

I have a whole Cia collection.
>>
>>339890614
No. I wasn't advocating banning in any way.
A company deciding to conform to societal norms, is different than a special interest group, attempting to force a company's hand.

>>339890625
I didn't say exposure to violent or sexual video games will make you violent or sexual. I said it subjects the player to the idea, and that player imagines the idea very powerfully, to the point of being emotionally affected.

But yes, I do also believe that you can cultivate behavior by frequent exposure. How the behavior manifests, isn't always 1:1.

>>339890743
Why put any limitation on any content ever?
>>
>>339891928
>No one really gave a shit back then.
Hiryule Warriors was released when NoA had already done their thing with Tharja's ass for FE Awkanening and censored the outfits for Bravely Default.

It wasn't "back then", the censorship train was already running.
>>
>>339891840
hola todos
>>
>>339891356
Its harmful to the gaming industry!
If you look at boobs you're a rapist!
Playing Video Games is as bad as rape!
Just like every feminist ever.
>>
>>339886931
Nintendo logic, and honestly any "family friendly entertainment company", is that boobs are evil. Therefore, only evil women may flaunt them.
>>
>>339892063
>But yes, I do also believe that you can cultivate behavior by frequent exposure.
Exposure to behavior or exposure to simulated images? Do you really think someone who plays Mortal Kombat will be able to tolerate videos of actual gore, or be prepared to actually inflict violence the way a cartel member might?
>>
>>339891063

Did this guy have a stroke before he was 30?
>>
>>339888117
If I remember correctly it wasn't necessarily that the fictional "victim" had rights, but that the creation of media that is of that nature promotes and influences that activity with an actual real life victim.

And it's really thanks to obscenity laws in the US more than the idea that electronic characters can be "victimized".
>>
>>339886514
I wonder why they're bothering? Cia had tits galore and everybody loved Hyrule Warriors. I don't even think the feminists or their game journo lapdogs complained, and it was low hanging fruit.
>>
>>339890614
>So what you're saying is we should ban violent video games so we don't all turn into murderers.

There are people who hold this idea unironically all over the world.

And with the rise in people SWATting streamers, and people murdering each other over XBox live games of Cowadoody and Madden, I don't know if they are 100% wrong in holding their opinion.
>>
>>339886514
>Blaming the Christians when it's really the bro atheist SJWs.
Shameful act anon.
>>
>>339893231
>There are people who hold this idea unironically all over the world.
Mostly people who have no idea what they're talking about. Humanity as a whole has gotten much less violent over time.
>>
So, why did people target Rapp instead of this guy? He's the one who really needs to get fired.
>>
>>339886514
Nintendo only started going censor happy in the past year or two. Before that, Treehouse were the best localisers in the business.
>>
>>339886514
stop
buying
nintendo
you fucking battered housewives
>>
>>339893231
Video games don't cause violence. We live in one of the most peaceful times in history. Human sacrifices, medevial torture devices, witch hunts, public stonings, etc all existed and died long before video games.
>>
>>339893408
Maybe because Rapp did something that was a fireable offense by also working as a prostitute when she was at NoA?

>>339893379
That's because outside of third world shitholes in Africa, South America and West Asia, it's a lot harder to get away with violent crimes.
>>
>>339893408
Rapp was already in a massive gray area with the pedo shit being talked about for years, all it took was someone finding out she's a hooker to cause Nintendo to take action.
>>
>>339893469
What the fuck was it that made them go full retard? The censorship in #FE is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>339887284
Except they bumped the ages up in all cases except XCX and even then there was shit censored.
>>
>>339893408
1. He's a new recruit with the first game he worked on being Fire Emblem Fates
2. Alison was the easier scapegoat because of her behavior on twitter and the fact that she pasted comments from /v/ posters regarding her during E3.
3. He doesn't have as much dirt
>>
>>339893379
>Mostly people who have no idea what they're talking about. Humanity as a whole has gotten much less violent over time.

Yes, violent crime in general since we've been recording has been on a steady decline since a peak in 1993, but that doesn't change the visceral nature of the action.

It's the same reason that people still react so strongly to school/mass shootings even though all crime in school, including violent crime + homicide, peaked in 1993. Six years before the most prolific school shooting in the US.

>>339893501
>Video games don't cause violence.

I didn't say they caused violence.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2015/08/violent-video-games.aspx

However there has been a link between violent video games and general levels of aggression, even if there's no concrete link between video games and actual criminal violence.

>Human sacrifices, medevial torture devices, witch hunts, public stonings, etc all existed and died long before video games.

Those things still exist. So does slavery/human trafficking.
>>
>>339893589
You got me, man. I'll always remember them as they once were. It is... hard to let go... Maybe they will get better, perhaps they are just sick at the moment.
>>
>>339893408
>why did poor whites knee-jerk react to something and not think it through
gee i dunno
>>
>>339893567
And because certain types of violent behavior are now considered criminal, whereas before they were acceptable parts of everyday life. Do videogames threaten this?
>>
>>339892143

That's true, but the other point is, Nintendo was censoring but social media and journalists weren't on the same train roll as they are now. Hyrule Warriors coming out the previous year or this year would get torn apart if they saw Cia now.
>>
>>339893748
>there's no concrete link between video games and actual criminal violence.
So then there's no problem here. Glad we agree.
>>
>>339893408

Stop this meme. Nobody was targetting Rapp because of censorship, in the end people were doing it for the lulz. She blamed GG but the people digging dirt on her were unnafiliated.
>>
>>339893748
>However there has been a link between violent video games and general levels of aggression

Yes, as with any other activity, is human nature, you don't need to dig too deep to find it pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>339886514
FOR THE LAST TIME RETARDS NOA HAD NO CONTROL OFVER THIS OR BAYONETTA THEY WERE LOCALIZED BY TECHMO AND PLATINUM.

>why did they not tell them to censor the games
because NoA only does that when the games ask them for help
>>
>>339891356
He'll just block you, man. Then he'll post screencaps of your messages and profile and mock you. I'm assuming your twitter page is full of anime girls and you probably have an anime girl or pepe or something as a profile picture. Just let it go, none of his posts even have 100 likes or whatever. Literally who cares.
>>
>>
>>339893972
>Let me cherry pick so that I don't have to address the mean things you said about muh vidya, the only thing I got going on in my life.

I know you don't want to acknowledge that video games, something you likely spend 8+ hours interacting with every day, could significantly affect you, but at least don't disingenuously act pompous.

You might think, for example, that video games don't affect you negatively because you haven't gone stalked and stabbed someone in their home because they BTFO of you in a competitive CS game, but there are far much less drastic ways in which video games already influence you. Just think about how angry you get when you don't "win", how you yell at your mommy because she didn't restock in the chicken tendies, how quick you are to start shouting racial insults at other people on XBox live etc.

>>339894147
>Yes, as with any other activity, is human nature, you don't need to dig too deep to find it pretty much everywhere.

Read the link I posted. Video games and aggression isn't a new area that's been looked at. It's much more studied than video games and criminal violence.
>>
>>339893231
There are also people who murder each other, with significantly higher frequency, in the absence of video games, and for any or no reason.
>>
File: 1464704605615.jpg (46 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464704605615.jpg
46 KB, 960x960
>>339893408
They targeted her because she was more aggressive, public and honestly stupider than him (seriously, consolidating personal, political and work shit on one twitter account?).
>>
>>339894521
>Just think about how angry you get when you don't "win", how you yell at your mommy because she didn't restock in the chicken tendies, how quick you are to start shouting racial insults at other people on XBox live etc.
I don't do any of those things, anon. Stop projecting.
>>
>>339893408
I'm pretty sure we would get all of these self righteous fucks fired if we could. Rapp was just moonlighting as both a camwhore and a fancy prostitute, so it was easy to get her canned.
>>
>>339894217

Not sure if serious.

How do they not have creative control over Zelda, which is their IP, or two games they are funding and publishing?
>>
>>339894521
It's not disingenuous. If you don't have data to back it up, all you have is emotions and insults. Show us the murders caused by murder simulators and then we can talk.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1360x768
>>339886514
Explicit fanservice characters + Looking like adults are fair play.

People can complain about all the other stuff they censored in Fates, but it seems everyone forgets that they didn't even bother censoring the T&A cutscene or the panty/ass showing outfits that people were so sure were going to be changed.
>>
>>339894536
>Th-there are other people who are worse!!

That's not how discussion works anon.

And it certainly isn't how regulation works. You can point to gang related homicides in the US that don't involve people who aren't criminals or doing criminal things (which likely account for 80%+ homicides), but that doesn't mean shit if the subject is aggression and video games.

>>339894676
>I don't do any of those things, anon. Stop projecting.

Sure you don't.

>m-muh projections

>>339894752
>If you don't have data to back it up, all you have is emotions and insults.

I posted a link.

>Show us the murders caused by murder simulators and then we can talk.

I never used the word "murder simulator" nor did I say there was a causal link between video games and murder.

I know you think video games as a medium are above reproach, but don't get so butt blasted when someone says something you don't like, such as there is a link between video games and aggression.

Just because faggots like Jack Thompson run around trying to ban anything other than pong doesn't mean there isn't room for nuance in a discussion about violence and video games.
>>
>>339892642
Old Mortal Kombat? Probably not. That's cartoony. The new mortal Kombat gore makes me uncomfortable though. They get super anatomical with their shit now. But no, of course fake imagery isn't going to give someone the balls to go take on a cartell. That's such a giant logical leap.

It's more subtle than that. It's like /d/. Remember when dickgirls were considered alternative? now they're considered vanilla. Now you're not considered a /d/eviant unless you're into something like diapers, vore, or skinsuits. Frequent exposure to this imaginary sex, has managed to push the bar of deviance lower than it's ever has been. You used to just jerk off to hentai. Now you're jerking off in a diaper, and an onahole that's modeled after an anime character.

And what about furries? An entire culture pretending to be mythical human/animal hybrids. An interest begins innocently enough. Maybe you just really like MLP. All the deviant aspects of the fandom are unavoidable. Frequent exposure can pull people into full fursuiting.

Can exposure to sexualized underrage characters turn someone into a pedo? I don't know. But I have to imagine, it's lowered the boundaries for many people. Maybe those people never crossed that boundary. But I think there has to be some that have.
>>
File: 1459638396783.jpg (92 KB, 721x604) Image search: [Google]
1459638396783.jpg
92 KB, 721x604
>>339895063
>Sure you don't.
>>m-muh projections
Not an argument. Fuck off.
>>
>>339886514
Because the literal cucks at NOA didn't do the localization for Zelda Warriors
>>
File: 098678.jpg (75 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
098678.jpg
75 KB, 640x360
>>339894969
>Explicit fanservice characters + Looking like adults are fair play.
Wrong.
>>
>>339889060
>Left Atlus
You don't leave a dev of the best JRPGs, you get fired for being a faggot
>>
>>339895140
>Smug animay girl .jpeg
>I showed him by not addressing anything he posted! I'm super mature and video games are above criticism!

Umad.
>>
>>339890327
Japan probably makes more rape games than the entire rest of the world combined and they have one of the lower rates of rape in the world.

Checkmate, pretentious projecting faggot
>>
>>339895326
>>I showed him by not addressing anything he posted!
You mean exactly how you did? You haven't made one single argument of any substance to me, you've just accused me of doing some things and then insulted me when I told you I didn't do that, as if you somehow know my life.
Are you seriously going to act as if you have the stronger position in this "debate"?
>>
Why is no one posting Cia porn?
>>
>>339895384
>Japan probably makes more rape games than the entire rest of the world combined and they have one of the lower rates of rape in the world.

They also have the lowest firearm homicide rate in the world and a combination of de facto and de jure firearm ownership ban.

That doesn't mean I want to be like Japan, and this kind of shit is always a terrible argument that stupid people make.
>>
>>339895063
>I posted a link.
Yes, a like which fails to establish a causal link between video game violence and actual violence. Aggression can be associated with activities such as driving https://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=721179)(, but I don't exactly see you calling for a "nuanced discussion" about road rage. Video games are exactly as above reproach as driving is, in that your personal feelings and social agenda aren't relevant.
>>
File: 5688-1831792264.jpg (53 KB, 494x480) Image search: [Google]
5688-1831792264.jpg
53 KB, 494x480
>>339886514
?
>>
>>339895547
We have been for almost 3 years. It's time to discuss vidya, fuck off
>>
>>339895384
I don't get why you're telling me this. That changes nothing I've said.
>>
>>339895508
>You haven't made one single argument

>There's a link between video games and aggression, here's a link.

>"HURRRR MURDER SIMULATOR DAMAGE CONTROL DON'T CENSOR MUH VIDYA ANIMOO GIRL"

>>339895618
>in that your personal feelings and social agenda aren't relevant.

I don't have a "social agenda". When I get done posting in this thread I'm going to jump on CS:GO competitive match making and call other players faggots and shit. I'm not approaching this from a position of personal investment in censorship. I'm pointing out some uncomfortable realities that people who have their entire identity invested in being "a gamer" can't seem to address.

>but I don't exactly see you calling for a "nuanced discussion" about road rage

Oh, are we posting on /Dr/iving? I wasn't aware that this was the Driving board.
>>
>>339895895
>>There's a link between video games and aggression, here's a link.
your link failed to establish any meaningful link between video games and violence, so I dont know why you are acting as if you've made some super relevant point.
>>
>>339895231
To be fair, that was like 2-3 years before HW and Fates so they could've pretty much stop caring about editing for those type of characters.

Unless of course someone can jog my memory and post another character like that that was edited after that timeframe.
>>
>>339895895
>uncomfortable realities

You haven't proved those "realities" exist, bitch.
>>
>>339894750
NoA has no control of either of those games, NoJ does how do people not get that NoA has no power beyond what they localize
>>
>>339886930
The 3DS version is newer though.
>>
Some people just hate fictional sex so much they think it must be causing real world harm.

Their little brains can't handle the idea of something they loath not being measurably harmful.
>>
>>339895895
>uncomfortable realities
What uncomfortable reality? There does seem to be a link between videogames and aggression, exactly the way there does seem to be a link between driving and aggression. But people like you try to switch that into a link between the thing and violence to justify censorship, or perhaps just to justify control. It's cute, but there is nothing to actually address.

Though if you link me to your nuanced discussion about driving, I will admit I've mischaracterized you and you really are just a thoughtful concerned citizen innocently considering the insidious hidden violence in everyday activities, not someone with a clear and obvious agenda. It's possible, I guess.
>>
>>339895559
Well a terrible argument that stupid people make that's backed up by empirical data is better than literally no argument, which is what you have.
>>339895789
Then apparently you don't remember what you wrote in that post I quoted. You implied that there is in fact a link between sexualizing fictional characters and sexual violence against women in real life, with the claim that sexualization in a game can give the players ideas that it's okay to sexualize those types of characters. However, re-reading your post, you made no such conjecture directly, only very heavily implied it likely because you knew it was bullshit and anyone with an iota of knowledge on the topic would call you out on it so that you could fall back on the "b-b-but I didn't directly SAY that argument" like you're doing now.
>>
>>339886514
Because it came out in 2014 together with stuff like Bayonetta. 2015 is when NoA went full retard.
>>
>>339896365
>you really are just a thoughtful concerned citizen innocently considering the insidious hidden violence in everyday activities

He is just a concerned citizen!
>>
>>339895979
>between video games and violence

Did I say it did?

>as if you've made some super relevant point.
>Video games aren't relevant to video games you fag!

My mistake anon, I thought this was /v/. Apparently I'm actually posting in the Driving board in a thread about road rage.

>>339896096
>Video games and aggression are linked
>There are cases in which people have done objective harm, including homicide, that were linked to video games

Sure thing anon.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/anthony-maldonado-9-stabbed-death-video-game-visiting-family-harlem-article-1.457158

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/middle-aged-man-attacks-boy-over-156843

http://www.criminaljusticedegreesguide.com/features/10-deaths-caused-by-video-games.html

>>339896365
>Though if you link me to your nuanced discussion about driving,

Are we talking about driving? Why are you trying to deflect? This is /v/, not /o/.

>to justify censorship, or perhaps just to justify control

I'm not trying to justify either, because I play video games that involve violence. But I'm capable of discussing this without being personally invested in one side or the other.
>>
>>339896637
>Did I say it did?
Then what the fuck is your point?
>>
File: CTF.png (31 KB, 689x768) Image search: [Google]
CTF.png
31 KB, 689x768
>>339886514

It's not so much puritan america anymore as it is the over-reacting, hypersensitive mainstream media and social networks, localizers getting paid based on whether they change something or not, and the current political climate. You have to remember, all foreigners see of the west is the media. It projects an image to them. What they dont know is that the people who use twitter and facebook as a platform are not their customers.

If 500 people complain about a game on social media about some flaw, some percieved slight, should you change it if expected sales are 400k+?

Have to listen to that vocal minority, you know.
>>
>>339896714
>Then what the fuck is your point?

That there is a well studied link between video games and aggression, and there is a non zero number of criminal violence cases that involved video games. And the reason for an unknown link between video games and violent crime isn't because one doesn't exist but that there is almost no study of that aspect.

But instead of addressing what I've posted anon continues this narrative that I must be Jack Thompson's tech literate spawn trying to take away your vidya.
>>
>>339896637
>Why are you trying to deflect?
I'm not deflecting. Your argument is that videogames are linked with aggression, therefore there is some issue We Need To Have A Serious Conversation About. I'm saying if that requires a Serious Conversation, we need to have it about the other everyday activities that are linked with aggression. But weirdly, you innocently only care about the aggression linked with video games and not everything else.
>>
>>339896391
>only very heavily implied it likely because you knew it was bullshit and anyone with an iota of knowledge on the topic would call you out on it so that you could fall back on the "b-b-but I didn't directly SAY that argument" like you're doing now.
You right. I was going to tell you that I didn't say it. Because I didn't say it. I didn't make any implications either. You read too far into what I was saying. What I did, was draw distinctions between arguments.
Many people want to make the argument that because no fictional characters are being harmed, then nothing is wrong with the OTHER argument, that people are offended by the harming of fictional characters.
I don't like how people are using this similar-but-different argument to dismiss another legitimate argument.
>>
>>339896637
You linked to two well-known sensationalist newspapers and an unknown website.

That's the caliber of your "arguments".
>>
>>339896892
>therefore there is some issue We Need To Have A Serious Conversation About

I never said there needs to be a "Serious Conversation" about video games. I'm posting on fucking 4Chan, there is absolutely no room for "serious" conversation here because it's full of shit posting and ignorant and uneducated faggots that can't have a conversation with anything other than an anime waifu body pillow.

>I'm saying if that requires a Serious Conversation, we need to have it about the other everyday activities that are linked with aggression.

We certainly do, I agree. But this is /v/, not /Road Rage/, /Gang Violence/, /The War on Drugs/ etc.

>But weirdly, you innocently only care about the aggression linked with video games and not everything else.

Or I'm posting on a video game image board, about video games, which I play and have not advocated censorship for.
>>
>>339897114
>that people are offended by the harming of fictional characters.

And we are supposed to take mentally ill people seriously why?
>>
>>339897152
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/convicted-murderer-says-video-games-made-killings-/1100-6430261/
>>
>>339897160
>We certainly do, I agree.
Perfect. So, innocent concerned citizen, all you need to do is link me to all the other threads in which you bring up the aggression linked with everyday activities. If you don't have a specific social agenda, then surely you must have had similar conversations about other activities. So just pop on over to /o/, grab a link, and we can all be on our way.
>>
>>339897114
Oh sorry, I thought you were trying to make a serious argument, like an actual link between real-life sexual violence and fictional sexual violence which is what the entirety of the post you were originally responding to was about, and the context of your post, which was cause for the confusion. Next time, try not stating a completely irrelevant argument in a vague way in the context of an almost entirely unrelated argument. Especially when one is a serious argument against the prevention of violence in real life, and yours is a silly argument that only a coddled fool would seriously hold (that people deserve to have games censored so their fragile feelings won't be hurt because it's too hard for them to just grow some skin that isn't made of paper or better yet, just not play the fucking game in the first place).
>>
>>339897271
>Dees is taking medication for bipolar disorder.

Bitch, you're fucking your own "argument".
>>
>>339887534
except hyrule warriors beat sales expectations
>>
>>339897229
Why are only the offended people considered mentally ill? But people crying when a video game character dies aren't? People who jerk off to video game characters are angry that their perversions aren't taken seriously. And everyone loves a video game that can make you laugh.
Video games can offer all those emotions, but they can't offend you?
>>
>>339897596
They can offend you, but who cares? So what? You're offended now, go cry about it.
>>
>>339897596
Generally when someone dies at a character's death they do not try to punish the writer and anyone who enjoys the media for making them feel sad. Those who take offense at games often do.
>>
>>339897596
>Why are only the offended people considered mentally ill?

I have yet to see someone wanting to alter the ending of movie because it made them cry. Why am I supposed to consider sane people who want video games altered because it offends them?
>>
>>339897410
>More deflection.

Are we talking about video games or are we talking about driving? You keep bring up this weird bullshit where I have to have posted about every societal "ill" before I'm allowed to talk about video games. That's not how discussion works.

Just like when I post on /k/ in response to gun control shit posting I don't have to link to every discussion I've ever had in my life where I defend motor vehicles, video games, farmers markets, and books from state control and regulation.

I'm going to go play some CS. Honestly I hope you find a way to deal with uncomfortable realities with video games and aggression before some politicians decide that vidya isn't above state censorship.
>>
>>339897596
Who said the people who get offended are mentally ill? They're not. The only mentally ill people are the ones who whine about it online and want to censor games to stop others from getting offended. You don't see people crying for Square to remove Aeris' death from FF7R because they cried about it, yet it's okay for SJWs to cry to NOA to censor some (no longer underaged) cleavage because they're offended that the character is more attractive than them.
>>
>>339897596
>People who jerk off to video game characters are angry that their perversions aren't taken seriously.

As a pervert, I don't care about you taking me seriously, cunt.

Just don't spout bullshit arguments and expect me not to make fun of them :^)
>>
>>339898027
>uncomfortable realities

Those only exist inside you head, dumb bitch.

Saying they are realities over and over again won't make it so.
>>
>>339897428
My argument wasn't vague. I plainly stated that that the topic of sexual violence is beside the point. And I replied to the making an argument about sexual violence, in order to tell him directly that his argument is beside the point.

The argument about sexual violence isn't "serious", because no one is actually getting hurt. That's what was bothering me. People treating this unrelated argument seriously, and interjecting it into the real topic: people being offended by imagery.

>yours is a silly argument that only a coddled fool would seriously hold (that people deserve to have games censored so their fragile feelings won't be hurt because it's too hard for them to just grow some skin that isn't made of paper or better yet, just not play the fucking game in the first place).
That's you reading too far into things again. You read DEEP into it too. Yikes. I never said I believed games deserve to be censored. I'll be happy to tell you what I believe if you care to know. But I won't bother, if you're just going to continue saying I said/meant things I didn't say/mean.
>>
>>339898027
>Are we talking about video games or are we talking about driving?
We're talking about everyday activities that are linked with aggression but are not linked with violence. There is no uncomfortable reality to avoid until you find a link between video game violence and actual violence, and your implied threats aren't actually going to get you anywhere.
>>
>>339886514
Koei Tecmo handled localization.
NoA has no power against it.
>>
>>339892448
no, youre just a fucking idiot
>>
File: 1387796743765.jpg (19 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1387796743765.jpg
19 KB, 500x281
There's no point in arguing about censorship
You faggots are still going to buy it like you do every other time
>>
Insinuations is all prudes have; they have no solid argument, so their only hope to win is to use fear and doubt.
>>
>>339887073
I'm impressed the only localization fuck up was them translating the generic fairy as Navi in that one cut scene on Death Mountain. I honestly expected worse.

Well, that and the weird "enemy officers saying the wrong quotes" stuff.

>beat Sheik
>"I shall be your ally"
>>
>>339898286
>stop talking about censorship, you're going to buy the game anyway
>stop talking about censorship, you were never going to buy the game anyway
Keeping up with all the apologist arguments is hard sometimes.
>>
>>339898118
>Th-they're not real!
>Ignores links to APA, articles about cases involving video games, recent cases involving people literally murdering over video games, murders saying they were influenced by video games

Again, I'm not calling for ANY censorship or control, at all, because it's stupid and games are speech as far as I'm concerned.

>>339898231
>implied threats aren't actually going to get you anywhere.

Are you autistic?

I didn't make any "implied threats", I'm saying that old people in positions of power who don't have their identity as a person invested in video games (politicians) don't care about there not being a concrete link (yet, because video games and aggression is far more studied) before they move to censor or ban. It's why the Yuropoor countries are in the state they are now.
>>
>>339898394
I haven't bought a Nintendo game in like 5 years, but its literally the same shit every time

>OMG I'M NOT GOING TO BUY THIS
>game comes out
>50 threads up a day
>fuck off, it doesn't effect the game anyway
Every. Time.
>>
>>339898434
>if you don't adopt my particular viewpoints politicians are going to ruin games
>where did I ever imply a threat?????
You're really great at writing posts with tons of implications and then acting incredulous when people pick up on them. What a skill.

If a link to violence is established, then we can have that argument.
>>
>>339898153
>The argument about sexual violence isn't "serious", because no one is actually getting hurt.
It's a serious argument, but one without weight. If it had weight (IE, if there were actual repeat instances of fictional violence inciting real-life violence caused solely by the fictional violence) then it would have serious implications - hence it is a serious argument (albeit one with no supporting evidence).

The argument about people getting offended by imagery isn't serious even if it has a lot of weight (mountains of posts by whiners calling to censor cleavage and the like) because the only affect it actually has is offending whiny babies who need to grow up and stop letting the arrangement of pixels on the screen caused by them intentionally choosing to buy and play a game that they knew would have arrangements of pixels on a screen that would offend them in it. Thus, it's not unreasonable for me to assume you were referring to the former argument, which is about a serious issue, and not the latter issue, which is about babies whining.
>That's you reading too far into things again. You read DEEP into it too. Yikes. I never said I believed games deserve to be censored. I'll be happy to tell you what I believe if you care to know. But I won't bother, if you're just going to continue saying I said/meant things I didn't say/mean.
Then don't make long, detailed posts in favor of censoring games, simple as that. Oh sorry, don't make long, detailed posts about how the argument of people who want to censor games matters and isn't what it is (hogwash) - or whatever obtuse, nonsensical, pointless topic you claim you were incoherently rambling about.
>>
File: evil hat women.jpg (885 KB, 2280x2199) Image search: [Google]
evil hat women.jpg
885 KB, 2280x2199
>>339895686
You have no idea I have much I wanted this hexfusion to be made.
>>
>>339897824
"Go cry about it", isn't an answer that will stop Nintendo from censoring their games. you might want to think of a better angle on this one.

>>339897834
>>339897913
The people who complain are often a small fraction of those who are offended. And typically someone who is offended on behalf of the players.(parents) Most people who find content offensive simply stop purchasing it without saying anything.

>>339898030
1. The anon I was replying to implied offended people are mentally ill.
2. People who are offended will stop purchasing products, and recommend other people not buy it either. Nintendo considers those people. It's easy to point to the SJWs, and blame them for censorship. But maybe the finger should be pointed back at an out-of-touch company? Or, maybe it isn't so easy to point the finger at any one group, because it's a complex situation with many factors.
>>
>>339898804
>It's easy to point to the SJWs, and blame them for censorship. But maybe the finger should be pointed back at an out-of-touch company?
Not mutually exclusive. Treehouse employees make SJW statements on twitter and then apply SJW ideology to their work. Maybe you can argue chicken vs egg on whether SJW employees cause the out-of-touch feeling of Treehouse or if the fact that Treehouse is out-of-touch causes them to hire SJWa, I guess.
>>
>>339898804
>The people who complain are often a small fraction of those who are offended.

The silent majority!

Now you're using 80's bullshit? Man, talk about regressive.
>>
>>339898697
>Then don't make long, detailed posts in favor of censoring games, simple as that.
If it were so simple, then how did you manage to misunderstand?

>Oh sorry, don't make long, detailed posts about how the argument of people who want to censor games matters and isn't what it is (hogwash)
The reason why people being offended is the more serious argument, is because it's the reason why videogames are being censored. By addressing this fact, one stands a chance of actually creating change. By getting distracted with talks of sexual violence, you get sidetracked into bullshit nonsense.

Nintendo clearly doesn't believe sexual violence in video games causes sexual violence in real life. So then why are they censoring games? Because they fear that imagery will offend people, thus putting them off their products.

Do you think Nintendo cares that these people are "whiny babies"? They don't. That's their target demo.
>>
>>339898557
Yes, the underage cuck and normalshit defense force always appear to defend their purchase.

I didn't buy Fates and I won't buy #FE despite looking forward to them initially.
Actually I might buy #FE second hand. :^)
>>
>>339899508
Oh? You're going to use the argument that "If they didn't censor it, people wouldn't buy it because it offends them"?

These types of games don't appeal to those people anyway. The fact that the game now doesn't include some half-visible pixellated mammaries isn't going to change the fact that the game itself doesn't appeal to them. And if the game does, it's doubtful people aren't going to buy the game because of that. I don't see people going out of their way to make homebrew patches/mods for games to censor them - meanwhile nearly every remotely popular game that's been censored and is on a platform where a homebrew fix can remove the censorship has had a patch to do so. If you ask me, that's a pretty clear indication that the audience put off by censorship is a lot larger than the audience put off by a lack thereof.

So, really, your point is moot anyway. We know NOA is using the excuse of "less people will buy our games if we don't censor them" and claiming this is a business issue and not a moral one. But the fact is, anyone with half a brain knows that that isn't a real argument, and it's complete bullshit.
>>
>>339899032
I would argue that Nintendo being out of touch is what causes them to hire and trust SJW cucks in the first place.

>>339899067
I'm basing the admitted loose estimation, on what I know about in other industries. Like radio. When radio stations get his with indecency claims, the actual complaints come from a small group of people. The stations overreact and apologize. So from a listener's perspective, it sounds like a much bigger deal than it is. I know this, because some DJs are candid enough to talk about such things on air.
>>
They didn't fucking CENSOR FATAL FRAME.
Why is the one game that started the furor against NoA is the one thing they had nothing to do with? It was localised by a BRITISH company. I mean hell, the fact that they only got a digital release just shows that they had absolutely nothing to do with it. They didn't care about it, sure but they didn't censor it.

Why do Americans have to make every problem about them?
>>
>>339889217
>Buying shit games just to spite random SJW's who don't even know who you are anyway.

Yeah you sure showed him.
>>
>>339890470
You ever heard of planning ahead due to past experience? You know how much it costs to resubmit a game over here for classification?

Fuck our classification board so much. What was even the point of the R rating?
>>
>>339887284
>Fire Emblem: Underage girls
Have you forgetton the now immortalized
>Behave like the adult that you technically are!
?
>>
>>339899893
>These types of games don't appeal to those people anyway.
That's not necessarily true. On the surface, a tactical game about Warring Kingdoms isn't off-putting. And people have varying thresholds, as far as decency is concerned. That's why you can show a mountain of cleavage in children's cartoons, but as so as there is a hint of nipple, the parents turn the TV off. That's the thing that would be Nintendo's main concern: the parents.

If parents had the time an energy to make mods, they would nerf games. Just like that dad that modded Zelda so Link is a girl. Or all of those bible games. How about that Wolfenstein knock off where you play as Noah, and put sheep to sleep?
Most people who mod are young boys and NEETs with a boner, and too much time on their hands.

Maybe NOA has some weird political bias in all this. But they couldn't get away with it, if they weren't able to scare Nintendo proper into thinking this is the right thing on behalf of the customer base.
>>
File: cia booty.jpg (873 KB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
cia booty.jpg
873 KB, 4000x4000
I remember how people were getting worried about Cia's big guys when this was the render in the E3 Press kit.
>>
>>339900889
So you claim that parents are willing to make full games, but not simple patches? Yet you yourself just stated an instance where a parent made a patch for this very reason.

Fire Emblem isn't a series for kids. It's a series for teenagers; ones old enough that their parents aren't likely to be offended by the presence of cleavage. Especially the game in which the cleavage was actually censored (Persona x Awakening), which is explicitly targeted at "NEETs with a boner".
>Maybe NOA has some weird political bias
Wow, yeah, just maybe that company LITERALLY FILLED WITH SJWS has some weird (SJW) political bias. Thank you for finally saying a single thing that makes sense.
>they couldn't get away with it
Except they could, since they've done it a lot, and DO get away with it.
>if they weren't able to scare Nintendo proper into thinking this is the right thing on behalf of the customer base.
It's not about scaring NOJ; it's about deceiving them, which isn't very hard when NOJ's entire view of the western market is filtered through NOA first. Use your fucking brain, mongoloid.
>>
>>339900410
Weak b8 newfag, try a bit harder next time
>>
>>339901587
>So you claim that parents are willing to make full games, but not simple patches? Yet you yourself just stated an instance where a parent made a patch for this very reason.
Again, if parents had the time and energy, they would do it... Also the technical know-how, also they have to be the small percentage of parents who are not only offended, but also proactive enough to do something about it. Considering all factors, the likeliness of a concerned proactive parent with conservative sensibilities and technical proficiency making a patch is very small. That's why you don't see it as often as the significantly greater 13-43 year old single horny male.

>Fire Emblem isn't a series for kids. It's a series for teenagers
This won't stop parents from buying the game for younger kids. Society doesn't look at violence as bad as they look at sexuality. A parent might look at the teen rating thinking it's because there's fighting. Not realizing the level of sexual content actually in the game.

>Thank you for finally saying a single thing that makes sense.
Translation: "Thank you for echoing my beliefs back at me. It calms my insecurities"

>Except they could, since they've done it a lot, and DO get away with it.
Hey man, don't cut my sentence in half like that. I set up a condition. Don't do that thing where you ignore the condition, and then use the misquite to get all indignant.

>It's not about scaring NOJ; it's about deceiving them, which isn't very hard when NOJ's entire view of the western market is filtered through NOA first.
I think it's a very convenient assumption that NoA has the ability to completely deceive their employers. It validates your SJW fears, if Nintendo is just the poor old Japanese man being taken advantage of by the evil gaijin and their evil western conservative ideas.
>>
>>339893335
This

I don't know why /v/ is still triggered over there motheraking them to go to church other than them playing some shitty port of an Atari game
>>
>>339893335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDRHFtQIZCA
>>
>>339902886
>This won't stop parents from buying the game for younger kids. Society doesn't look at violence as bad as they look at sexuality. A parent might look at the teen rating thinking it's because there's fighting. Not realizing the level of sexual content actually in the game.
Nintendo of America can't actually use this as an excuse, because they can't officially acknowledge that their target demographic is people outside their target rating range because "lol nobody reads the ratings anyway." nice try though.
>Hey man, don't cut my sentence in half like that. I set up a condition. Don't do that thing where you ignore the condition, and then use the misquite to get all indignant.
What condition? The condition is irrelevant. You said they can't get away with that. They have. Your further statements don't matter, especially when I refute them immediately after that.
>I think it's a very convenient assumption that NoA has the ability to completely deceive their employers.
Well, when their employers hired them specifically to assess the western market for them, and their employees start bending the truth to suit their social agenda without informing the employer, it's not very hard. Especially when they can say their sales have gone up (because they're upping the amount of marketing for their games). Take this analogy for example. Let's say NOJ owns a retail store, and NOA is their subordinate. NOJ puts NOA in charge of inventory. NOA is supposed to stock enough of each item to meet projected sales with a 50% surplus stock, just in case of extra sales. NOA claims that they're doing so, but in actuality are just fudging the sales projections so it looks like they're 50% above, when in reality they're only ordering enough for a 10% surplus. NOJ is none the wiser, because it hasn't created any issue (yet) and NOJ is an ornery old man who really couldn't give a fuck as long as he's making the same amount of money so he doesn't keep them on a very tight leash.
>>
>>339886514
That and Bayo 2 kinda make me wonder if something changed at NoA between 2014 and 2015.

Though they did censor Awakening before that.
>>
>>339887712
>One of them was 19.
And the other was 37.
>>
File: skeletor1[1].jpg (32 KB, 332x243) Image search: [Google]
skeletor1[1].jpg
32 KB, 332x243
>>339903649
I remember when religious nutjobs thought He-Man was satanic.
>>
>>339903849
They shit their pants over Harry Potter about 15 years ago too.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 261x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 261x268
>>339903849
>>339903972
>Pokemon is Satanic
>My Little Pony is Satanic
>Video Games is a whole is Satanic
>>
>>339898286
I didn't buy...
Wait.
Shit.
Yeah, I got bought both FE Fates and XCX
But fuck Nintendo. I didn't get Fatal Frame and I hacked my Wii U so I won't buy #FE
>>
File: 245.jpg (110 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
110 KB, 500x375
>>339904295
>>People get mad over people over dogshit
wanna try that one again champ?
>>
>>339904295
Dumb shitposting horsefucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnjdq32u-MU
>>
>>339886514
These are your censored tits from XCX, by the way. The big ones, where you say it's about big titties, and not the small size which is a legit pedo concern.
>>
File: How_to_Not_Be_Bored_With_Life.jpg (24 KB, 472x317) Image search: [Google]
How_to_Not_Be_Bored_With_Life.jpg
24 KB, 472x317
>>339903849
>>339903972
>>339904282
>>339904295
>All of these series spawned autistic atheistic faggots
Makes you wonder huh?
>>
File: 1459989807794.jpg (149 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1459989807794.jpg
149 KB, 637x480
>>339904745
Try not to wear your butthurt on your sleeve.
>>
>>339903712
>Nintendo of America can't actually use this as an excuse, because they can't officially acknowledge that their target demographic is people outside their target rating range because "lol nobody reads the ratings anyway." nice try though.
Yes, that's why they censor without giving excuses. Good luck trying to get an authentic statement out of Nintendo explaining their censorship decisions.

>What condition? The condition is irrelevant. You said they can't get away with that. They have.
Regardless if you think the condition I set is right or wrong, it's still being used to qualify the statement "they couldn't get away with it", ALTERING it's meaning. If the condition wasn't there, then that statement would suggest that they haven't gotten away with it. But because the condition IS there, it alters the meaning, suggesting that they HAVE gotten away with it. Fuck, man. Try to keep your hate boner in your pants, it's clouding your thinking.

As for that whole example: there are many assumptions one would have to make, in order for that situation to occur. You would have to assume NoJ has zero supervision. You would have to assume that NoA has been continuing this practice through multiple employee turn-overs. You would have to assume NoJ has no methods of checking if numbers have been fudged. You would have to assume NoJ has no desire to check if numbers have been fudged. You would have to assume NoJ doesn't know how their money is being budgeted, and can't spot increases and decreases. You would have to assume NoJ has no connection to suppliers, and can't count units. I mean, essentially you would have to frame NoJ as an ornery old man who really doesn't give a fuck as long as he's making money. Which is just a straight up fabrication.
>>
File: mpc-hc64 2016-05-08 13-47-58-03.png (620 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64 2016-05-08 13-47-58-03.png
620 KB, 1280x720
>>339904719
well it also depends on what you're wearing. They have different mesh looks.
>>
>>339898668
>>if you don't adopt my particular viewpoints politicians are going to ruin games

Please, point out where I said that. Pro tip: I didn't.

Because my view point is that games are speech and should be given the most liberal protections possible.

But that doesn't change that there are those who disagree, and they aren't irrational monsters. They are rational actors acting rationally based on their interpretation of stimuli. And they outnumber you.
>>
File: 12389657.jpg (563 KB, 751x926) Image search: [Google]
12389657.jpg
563 KB, 751x926
>>339889060

>There are people out there gloating over suppressing creative expression

At least when the far right does it they do it out of god fearing.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 263x192
>>339904745
>This assmad that you're entire fucking religion is a joke
>>
>>339904719
It's not just the maximum size that's the complaint. You just can't adjust sizes.
>>
File: untitled-article-1415312844.jpg (57 KB, 1200x479) Image search: [Google]
untitled-article-1415312844.jpg
57 KB, 1200x479
>>339904862
>Posting YuGishit
You poor poor faggot
>>
>>339904295
I want to fuck Starlight.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 718x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 718x612
>>339905335
>Posting Jackass
>>
File: This cut content is outrageous.jpg (60 KB, 452x471) Image search: [Google]
This cut content is outrageous.jpg
60 KB, 452x471
>>339904986
No. Skin showing depending on breast size is fucking stupid, i dunno what you're trying to say about that; your default breast size is still pretty big.

What I'm pointing out is that they look like damned torpedoes planted on your chest. Like they just took the model and pull the breast outward and locked it in place. Outrageous cut content, I feel robbed. >>339904719
>>
File: 1462581553851.png (545 KB, 729x569) Image search: [Google]
1462581553851.png
545 KB, 729x569
>>339905335
#TRIGGERED
>>
File: 08654323456.png (32 KB, 237x216) Image search: [Google]
08654323456.png
32 KB, 237x216
>>339905486
>>339904719
You sure convinced me with those hot opinions, faglord.
>>
File: I'm not surprised.jpg (22 KB, 355x327) Image search: [Google]
I'm not surprised.jpg
22 KB, 355x327
>>339905294
I fucking acknowledged that in the very post you quoted, dude. They removed it because they were concerned you were gonna make a small character and reduce it as flat as possible. If you can't self insert and lose all immersion in a game because your breasts aren't small enough...and you're a twenty-something fat man...I'm just going to laugh at you.
>>
File: c7d.png (437 KB, 680x504) Image search: [Google]
c7d.png
437 KB, 680x504
>>339905257
>Geting mad that your shitty hobby turned you into a autistic fedoralord sperg
>>
>>339905695
sure thing Mr. Psuedo-Alpha male.
>>
>>339905616
>This guy thinks massive size XCX breasts look great
okay
>>
>>339905689
I only play as guys outside of H-games. Them removing the slider is just undefendable bullshit.
>>
File: 451561223161.jpg (100 KB, 703x632) Image search: [Google]
451561223161.jpg
100 KB, 703x632
>>339905486
all I said is the shape varies depending on the outfit you're using. Some look decent with large breasts in different outfits while on the blade shirt like in webm will make it look like torpedo tits.

That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>339905689
why do you think everyone wants to "self-insert"? I don't consider my protags to be "me," they're characters that I make up.
>>
>>339904745
If something as trivial as video games are capable of making people stray from your religion, then it's a pretty shit religion, desu.
>>
File: 735.gif (27 KB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
735.gif
27 KB, 290x189
>>339905779
Keep going, you're definitely convincing me with these non-arguments.
>>
>>339905695
>autistic fedoralord sperg

That's some nice redundancy you have there.
>>
>>339904961
>Yes, that's why they censor without giving excuses
You yourself gave the perfect excuse though - people are offended by it and they can claim it will increase sales by citing angry articles written by offended babies whining about fictional females being more attractive than them.
>Good luck trying to get an authentic statement out of Nintendo explaining their censorship decisions.
Well obviously saying "we're offended by the games we have to localize so we're censoring them" is bad PR.
>You would have to assume NoJ has zero supervision.
Well yes, I literally stated that in the post.
>You would have to assume that NoA has been continuing this practice through multiple employee turn-overs.
Well yes, they have. You clearly haven't worked retail if you don't think new employees will bend the rules the way veterans do; who do you think trains the new employees?
>You would have to assume NoJ has no methods of checking if numbers have been fudged.
They don't need one. If you paid any attention to the analogy, they don't care enough to put the effort in to check. If the owner wants the underside of the sink cleaned every night, but the managers/employees only clean it once a week and the owner can't be assed to get on the ground in the bathroom and check it every day, you can bet he's never going to notice that people are breaking the rules.
>You would have to assume NoJ has no desire to check if numbers have been fudged.
You think NOJ cares what NOA is doing when they're reporting higher sales than ever? You think they're going to say "wow that's great but we're going to spend time and money just to check just to make sure you're not hiding something from us that could lead to us getting even more sales even though we have no reason to believe you'd do that"?
>You would have to assume NoJ has no connection to suppliers, and can't count units.
Why would the suppliers know what parts of the order are surplus and what parts aren't surplus? cont.
>>
>>339905428
>How do I reverse imagesearch?
>>339905512
No wonder /a/ thinks of /v/ as trash, you fags defend YuGishit
>>
>>339906052
>triggered over a reaction image
pathetic
>>
Because Nintendo was actually involved

You have to keep in mind that Treehouse is an entirely different division

When Nintendo themselves takes the helm there is no censorship

Just look at Sm4sh, Bayo was edited but not censored
>>
>>339904961
>>339906032
>I mean, essentially you would have to frame NoJ as an ornery old man who really doesn't give a fuck as long as he's making money.
When it comes down to it, that's how it works.

Obviously, NOJ cares about their child companies and wants to make sure they're doing what they're supposed to. But when their child companies are reporting success, and they have no indication otherwise, then there's no real reason for NOJ to waste resources checking them out. When NOJ sees higher sales and has NOA telling them "we need to censor X and Y so that we can keep these higher sales" then why the fuck are they going to say "okay, but we're going to do a detailed investigation of your company to make sure you're not lying to us because a bunch of your employees are buying into some ridiculous cult." You clearly don't know how business works.
>>
File: CEOiKMGUEAASCDc.png (52 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
CEOiKMGUEAASCDc.png
52 KB, 200x200
>>339906138
>mfw Tharja Trophy was removed before release
>>
>>339906305
A-at least we had yoga pants!
>>
>>339906282
>>339906032
Welp, seeing how long this debate has gotten, this might be a good time to eject. I can't see how I can argue around the notion that NoJ is blind def and dumb. As long as you believe that, anything I say that contradicts that notion is automatically dismissed.

But I think it would be funny if someone drew a political cartoon where NoJ is this old dying hippie in his bed talking about free love and liberty. And NoA is this over the top tumblr SJW telling NoJ that the business is going well, while holding graphs that show declining numbers.
>>
>>339906305

To be fair

That was stopping them from the rating

They already had a lot of shit in the game like Zero Suit

It was a sacrifice that was worth it and we ended up with more lewds
>>
>>339907005
>while holding graphs that show declining numbers.
And censored pictures.

Also, princess peach is crying for some reason.
>>
>>339907145
well things were changed even after released. Palutena's panties were changed numerous times in the Japanese version.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 588x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 588x437
>>339906052
>Completely missed the meme
>>
>>339907197
http://sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/

forgot source
>>
File: image.png (843 KB, 701x896) Image search: [Google]
image.png
843 KB, 701x896
>>339907005

>Blaming NoJ for America being sensitive fucks
>>
>>339907005
>. As long as you believe that, anything I say that contradicts that notion is automatically dismissed.
That's because anything that contradicts reality should be dismissed.
>But I think it would be funny if someone drew a political cartoon where NoJ is this old dying hippie in his bed talking about free love and liberty. And NoA is this over the top tumblr SJW telling NoJ that the business is going well, while holding graphs that show declining numbers.
Yes, it could be titled "strawman," since I clearly stated that NOJ is acting in a businesslike manner, and not like "an old dying hippie."
>>
>>339905695
My shitty hobby didn't turn me into an atheist, it's more because a majority of Christians aren't even real Christian and just want to look good.

If you wanna be a Christian, go right ahead, just don't be a fucking retard or a snobby faggot.
>>
>>339887534
Hyrule Warriors outsold Fire Emblem Fates, Fatal Frame and will probably beat Mirage Sessions (We all know it's going to flop).

So no, it wasn't the lack of money.
>>
>>339907395
>Blaming the company for holding on to bad employees for years and years.
Yes. That is the proper response.

>>339907431
Are you a vulcan?
>>
>>339907334

>Sakurai had to constantly change these because Cero were being cunts

>>>>>We want to see all the females upside down

All this tells me is that the rating boards are the real villains and Nintendo doesn't want a ratings change
>>
>>339898286

Not getting #FE, but that's mainly because I'm not into Idolshit.
>>
>>339902886

>This won't stop parents from buying the game for younger kids. Society doesn't look at violence as bad as they look at sexuality. A parent might look at the teen rating thinking it's because there's fighting. Not realizing the level of sexual content actually in the game.

This is true. My mom let me play T rated games like Body Harvest when I was a kid, so long as it wasn't overly violent. Intensely graphical shit like ripping out intestines, sure. But something like Goldeneye was fine.

Pretty sure if there was a mission where you solicit hookers or something, she'd object.
>>
>>339886514
> its a Nintendo censorshitposting thread
>>
>>339908156
Developers shouldn't have to cut content because of irresponsible parents.
>>
File: 1461251360750.jpg (54 KB, 268x375) Image search: [Google]
1461251360750.jpg
54 KB, 268x375
>>339908345
>its a mad nintenbabby
>>
>>339908451
No one is suggesting that, you autist.
>>
>>339888024
Please respond
>>
>>339908626
maybe you should read the reply chain you fucking retard.
>>
>>339908760
Not everyone replying is choosing a side in an argument. Some people just want to comment on particular things. Turn down your autism. Parents allowing children to play games outside of their age range is a relatable topic.
>>
>>339898281
i think it's pretty reasonable
>>
>>339890639
>And religious symbols?

You really are stupid aren't you? You should at least play the game you're going to talk about before spouting nonsense. The only thing that was censored was the breast slider,Lin's costumes and the sarashi. Religious themes, bunny suit, etc are all intact.
>>
>>339890327

>Deciding to censor underage characters, is to avoid giving players the idea that they are capable of acting sexually toward underage characters. It's not to protect the character from the player. It's to protect the player from the character.

We understand, we just think it's fucking retarded and we don't want to accomodate some fuckstain that is triggered by it.

Time and again people decide to be offended by bits of our hobby and demand that it be changed to accomodate them despite their own lack of interest beyond being offended.
>>
>>339909773
>demand that it be changed to accomodate them despite their own lack of interest beyond being offended.
That's not completely true. There are a lot of people that partake in video games, who are offended by such material. Some of those people even work inside the industry.

And others are parents who are invested in the media that their children consumes. Put yourself in a parent's shoes. Imagine you see a game with some content you disagree with. Now you have to make the decision between refusing to buy your child that game, or allowing them to consume the content anyway. What if the game is one that all the other kids are playing? If you refuse to buy it, then you ostracize your kid from playing with his friends. Wouldn't it be more convenient for you, if the game simply didn't have the bit of content you disagreed with? That way, you get to feel content allowing your child to consume it, and he doesn't have to be the one missing out.
>>
File: reggie_hydra.jpg (97 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
reggie_hydra.jpg
97 KB, 986x553
Reggie needs to show his true colors
>>
>>339910364
I'd be smart and buy it anyways, because if my kid really wanted to play that fucking game he'd just go to a friend's house like I did when I was younger, less hassle to bitch about it to get things removed and less hassle to have him even go there in the first place.
>>
>>339910364
Why not just talk to said kid about the content you don't feel right about? Perhaps they'll understand where you're coming from and come at the game differently, or you might be convinced by their point of view. Talking with your own children is very difficult though of course.
>>
File: el captain.jpg (17 KB, 231x226) Image search: [Google]
el captain.jpg
17 KB, 231x226
We should all just be thankful that Nintendo made their systems so easy to hack that we can always get around their bullshit censoring by playing their game free of charge!
>>
>>339893169
>I don't even think the feminists or their game journo lapdogs complained
They didn't, that's the fucking weird part.

Some forums said it wasn't "kid friendly" but overall no one seemed to care, probably because NoA didn't shove it in their faces in trailers.

Trailers are what start this shit. Keep it hidden and no one can bitch when the game's already out.
>>
File: criminal-girls-invite-only-3.jpg (26 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
criminal-girls-invite-only-3.jpg
26 KB, 600x340
Reminder that vita games are just as badly censored or worse
>>
File: treehouse jews.png (184 KB, 1376x1236) Image search: [Google]
treehouse jews.png
184 KB, 1376x1236
>>339896756
>localizers getting paid based on whether they change something or not
Speaking of, was this ever proven true?

I can pretty much 100% believe it, just by how the Anon was so detailed.
>>
>>339898286
4 hours, but oh well.

I wanted to buy Fatal Frame 4. I loved 2.

As soon as I heard about the ridiculous clothing shit, I didn't buy it and don't plan to. Same with XCX and that one bikini getting shit added to it.

Sure, they're "small changes" but NoA has proven that "muh slippery slope" is indeed a fucking thing.
>>
>>339914056
>>
>>339912685
Well, there is surely a reason I am on team N.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.