[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you made any good friendships over online video games /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Have you made any good friendships over online video games /v/ got any good stories?
>>
>>339880374
Yeah over TF2 in fact. Just took a trip to visit him for the 2nd time. We don't play much anymore but we talk in mumble and text each other everyday. Cool guy.
>>
>>339880374
Yes.
>>
Only 2.

Guy from Diablo 2, and one I met from Killing Floor.

Still friends with the guy from Killing Floor.
>>
>>339880647
>visit him

what did you do with him...
>>
You could easily make some top tier bros in quake, unreal, tf2, tribes, w:et

Its almost impossible in new games because, ironically, social media has killed the communities.
>>
File: 1454110699582.png (417 KB, 747x475) Image search: [Google]
1454110699582.png
417 KB, 747x475
>>339880374
Can't really make friends online anymore. I either have to know them in real life or had to have known them from a long time ago when I was younger and playing online.

Games today are populated with cretin I wouldn't dare call my friends.
>>
>>339880374
Met some cool guys when playing Black Ops 1.
Wasn't anything amazing though. A group of max level guys destroyed me with snipers in S&D and I thought they were pretty cool. Added one of the guys and got talking with loads of other people. Used to play with them every night on MW3.
Games admittedly got progressively worse but those were some good times man.
>>
>>339880823
Well he does main medic and i main demoman
also hes a raging homo sub
:)
>>
>>339880931
Same here man, I loved going into pubstomps on MW3 SnD lobbies. Too bad it's filled with invisibility mods and dumb shit now. Fun times on that game man.
>>
A TF2 server group which I played with for most of my Mid-High school years. We still all play Overwatch together.
>>
Some friends in Minecraft
>>
Never any that lasted long.
>>
>>339880374
For griefing in TF2. We got banned from about every 24/7 2fort server that wasn't valve run for using the trick to get an enemy spy into your spawn..

Also did other things like set up a teleporter exit in from of lvl 2 sentry in the sewers, and the usual go through the base healing the spy while they sap everything possible.

Or just pocket healing as a croc sniper before they got nerfed.
>>
File: 1396363199035.png (102 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1396363199035.png
102 KB, 250x250
>>339880374
>Find someone cool who isn't awful at video games.
>enjoy playing with them
>Turns out they're gay
>Ok, who cares.
>they want to start internet dating me
>delete them from everything

Every
Fucking
Time
>>
>>339880374
Met a few of my closets friends on roblox. Haven't talked to them in a year though.
>>
>>339880374
Not great friendships, but I have made some friends.
Recently I met some Scottish girl playing Dark Souls. I was camping out near the Wolnir fight (easy embers) and helped out some girl by soloing the fight for her
She later sent me a message and we played for the next week or so. Haven't kept up with her sense we both beat DS3

Scottish accents sound fucking atrocious
>>
File: doughnut6.png (39 KB, 349x299) Image search: [Google]
doughnut6.png
39 KB, 349x299
I told someone online I was a girl and now they won't leave me alone
>>
>>339880374
Had a ton of great amazing friends in halo 2. It was my first online game and I'd just talk to people. Felt real good and honestly it was the only community I really got into. Had a ton of friends that would join up but several main bros. spend time in custom games just chatting with eachother or even the lobby's.

It was a little weird that I had so many friends that were 15-23 years old as a 13/14 year old.

>getting a group of 16 friends together and joining big team social, let matchmaking make our own teams and then play against and fuck around with eachother
>best feeling ever
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.