[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 256x325
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
it's the best zelda

I wish it was harder and did less hand-holding but I guess it can't be helped with zelda unless you're on the NES
>>
>>339872920
You mean the greatest game ever? It's Ok.
>>
What's the best platform to play it on?
>>
>>339872920
I've really wanted to play this game, but I have no idea what console to play it on.
I've heard very conflicting things about the Wii controls, some say that the sensitivity is terrible and makes drawing really fucking hard, and others say that it works even better than the PS3 version.
What do?
>>
Great game, stunning visuals, fantastic music. Some of the characters and dialogues are a bit childish.
Maybe a bit too long
The last chapter wasn't that great and they rehashed too many boss fights
>>
>>339873185
PS3 for the hd version
>>
>>339873185
Okami HD on PS3, least loading time (loading screen mini-game is missing but who cares if it's shorter) and looks good
>>
I completed Gale Shrine then got a bit bored.
>>
>>339873370
This desu. I will try to complete it someday.
>>
>>339872920
It'd be pretty fucking fantastic if it wasn't so ridiculously easy
>>
better than twilight princess
>>
>>339873227
The wii version is hard to control until you figure out there's a button that lets you draw straight lines, but apparently the Ps2/Ps3 versions are better because there's a texture filter that the Wii doesn't have or something
>>
>>339873775
Sounds like it's worth it to just buy the Ps3 version instead of getting the Wii one for free
Although judging by the endless amount of praise this game gets, it should be worth the money.
>>
>>339874079
Nah.
The Wii version controls fine. Sure, it's a stupid gimmick and I'd rather play it with a normal controller but it really isn't such a big deal.
If you can only play it on Wii just do that.
>>
9.9/10 game.

Some flaws:
>Low dificult
>Very few combos
>>
I have a question about the PS4.

Is it backwards compatible with this game?
>>
>>339873136
My nigga. This is my favorite game of all time.
>>
>>339875012
no

if you don't have a PS3 might want to just emulate the PS2 version instead, it'll look about the same minus proper widescreen
>>
>>339874678
I can play it on the PS3 but I'd have to buy it. My Wii is hacked though, so thats why I was asking.
Sounds like the game is worth buying though, and it might have been on sale recently
>>
>>339875734
okami hd been on sale a few times for like $5

and its normal price is just $13 or so
>>
>>339872920
GOAT
>>
>>339873185
PS3 > PS2 > Wii
>>
>>339872920
Very stylish, very unique gameplay, timeless art style, lovely characters, great soundtrack, there really isn't a lot to criticise about it at all
>>
>own this game on PS2, Wii, PS3, and have Okamiden on DS
>have never played any version for more than 2 hours
>>
How is it on iso(pc)?
>>
>>339876474
the start is terrible, slow, heavy hand-holding and limited -- at first I kept quitting and doing something else

but once you're through that it gets hard to stop playing instead
>>
Is the ps2 version good? I don't own a ps3 and I hate motion controls in games that aren't designed around them
>>
>>339872920
its not THAT great, its like an 8/10
my disappointment was how the dungeons were really weak and that applies to all of them in the game
>>
>>339877743
This
The dungeons were the worst part of the game and repeated use of boss fights that Megaman would frown upon
>>
Tried to play on mushrooms, couldn't get past drawing the stars or whatever and chose to stare at the ceiling instead. Never touched it again.
>>
>>339873605
now that you mention it, they are both very similar.
long as hell openings that take forever
easy as fuck and empty fields fields with nothing
still think TP is better because i felt the items in zelda were more natural and useful and quicker
>>
>>339878102
>empty fields fields with nothing
okami is packed with shit to do
>>
>>339878251
ok, its been a while since i last played
there were animals and treasures and what else?
>>
>>339877661
Yeah.
But you're missing out by not playing the PS3 version.
>>
>>339874079
The Wii version has forced waggle in combat. It makes the glaive weapon nearly unusable. You must shake the remote over and over to do your attacks and it has poor detection so you have to swing it harder than usual or more than once to get it to work. It doesn't even have support for the pro controller. Absolutely do not play it on the Wii. It is the shittiest version.
>>
>>339878514
that sounds terrible, especially since glaive is the only weapon I enjoyed using
>>
>>339872920
It's boring!

Bigass levels with nothing in them, spend so much of your time just fucking walking from place to place.

Main quest? Cross this bigass field, into this bigass dungeon (that's also like 99% space 1% shit to actually interact with), then right back out again. Side quest? Get three things from this bigass field. Want to explore? Get walking, fucko.

Like fuck, what were they thinking? The pacing isn't so much fucked as it's had its nutsack stretched out over a dressing room cabinet and whacked with a nail-driven baseball bat.

Got bored after beating the naruto fox and getting to winter land. Thought it might've just been me, so I lent it to a couple of people and they got bored and returned it. Only people I know who haven't gotten bored out of their fucking skulls playing this game are /v/irgins.
>>
>>339872920
It's fucking great, I just wish the start of the game wasn't so dialogue/tutorial heavy so I could replay it more often.
>>
>>339878810
besides the shitposting you wrote, i do agree that the game felt like padding at times
>>
>>339878319
lots of characters running around, most of which involve some small sidequest or minigame, and tons of little places where you can use your powers to gain praise and find little hidden areas
>>
>>339878963
Man that's like the opposite of shitposting I took my time articulating my opinion. Just because it's a dissenting opinion doesn't mean it's shitposting.
>>
>>339879065
you didnt have to write stuff like " nutsack stretched out over a dressing room cabinet and whacked with a nail-driven baseball bat. "
just say the empty, huge fields added nothing to the game and was something to make the game longer and are there to waste your time since there is nothing in them
>>
After playing a couple hours, I wanted to fuck the wolf butthole I was staring at.
For the last couple of hours.
>>
>>339874678
The only problem I had with the Wii version was trying to use the lightning ultimate power where you need to draw a three line lightning bolt because doing diagonals with the wiimote is hard and the game always detected it as another power like fog and shit. Other than that the game played fine.
>>
>>339873249
>Maybe a bit too long
After that snow place I was all ready for the celestial area that I assumed occupied the last quarter of the map. Shame it ended. I'd love a real sequel someday.
>>
>>339872920
can someone tell me if you can get crazy in this game? I just end up killing enemies just mashing attack and sometimes slicing them
>>
>>339880015
You get better moves later but it's not CURAZEE
>>
>>339880297
can you tell me how to use the sappling in battle and how to get the drum faggots to come out of hiding? they really fuck up my time
>>
>>339872920
It's great, a little too easy.
>>
>>339872920
PS3 version is best version sans credits.
>>
>>339872920
It's amazing, you can feel like so much love and work was put into it.
>>
>>339873185
I bought it brand new on the PS2.
>>
>>339880448
bumping for this
>>
>>339873268
>>339876118
>>339873336

Didn't the ps3 version replace the original credits song and scene? What'd they replace it with?
>>
File: IssunLarge.png (2 MB, 1275x1413) Image search: [Google]
IssunLarge.png
2 MB, 1275x1413
It's got the best sidekick, so it's great.
>>
>>339880448
I didn't even know you could use the sapling in battle. As for the guys underground, just jump behind them right before they poke their head out. They'll wonder where you went and make them open to your attacks
>>
>>339872920
God its so boring....I got it last week, I just saved some kids dog and I cant play it any longer. Its somewhat charming and comfy but holy shit its boring as fuck.
>>
>>339879227
Got your feelings hurt? Its still not shitposting just because some words are not OBJECTIVE and are just obvious rant. Get over it.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.