[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone here hate this game with a passion? >amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 39
Why does everyone here hate this game with a passion?

>amazing sidequests
>monster slaying contracts is like being a medieval batman detective
>really likeable main character and other characters
>really good story (up until the final act but the ending(s) are good
>for once an actually really long main quest that takes a long ass time to complete and never feels boring
>insane graphics
>two really really great DLCs that were more than worth the price and are even better than the main game
>east eurpean/slavic mythology setting far more interesting than generic zombies/goblins/orcs
>unsurprisingly won a whole bunch of GOTY awards

Only bad thing I can think of is the combat looks cool but plays really poor and the lack of any level scaling in an open world game meaning once you hit a certain point you just stop getting any exp or levels making difficulty kind of inconsistent especially late game.

Do you all just hate it because it's really good and not some weeaboo shit that can't satisfy your dumb pedo fantasies?

Grow up. You couldn't recognise a great game if it hit you in the face.
>>
I have all three Witcher games and really want to play 3, but I feel as if I should play 1&2 before in order to get invested into the story and characters. Unfortunately, TW1's gameplay is atrocious and I'm struggling to get past it.
>>
>a game with shitty combat
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>339871928
I don't think most people here hate the Witcher 3. A lot of us (myself included) love it. It frequently comes up as 1st or 2nd in 2015 GOTY polls (along with rocket league)

For whatever reason, furious irrational shitters come out of the woodwork when you mention it. And there are people who are reasonable and just don't like it.
>>
>>339871928
Because opinions. Pretty much everything youlike I disagree with. Bland characters, shitty sidequests, graphics are literally just bushes blowing in wind in EVERY area. It was just a dull fucking game and I finally gave up about halfway through Skellige
>>
this game has the best fucking graphics ive ever seen
>>
>>339872229
You can skip one and go straight into 2, just have a read of the 1's story before hand
>>
>>339871928
I've played 1 and 2 and enjoy the books. 3 is great but like the other two the combat is a little ass. I also dislike the decreased emphasis on alchemy as it makes gathering ingredients feel kind of pointless, by this I mean the potions auto refilling when you rest shit.

Other than that it's a great game probably 9/10.
>>
I'm only upset that I'll never play it because I can't force myself to play through the first and I have to go sequentially when I tackle a series.
>>
>>339871928
All of that is good but the most important part of video games is gameplay and it's very poor in Witcher 3
>>
>>339871928

It's popular.
>>
i like it for the most part.

the main thing i do not like is the combat. way too clunky.
>>
>>339871928
They're baiting you. No one truly hates this game.
>>
>>339872596
Why not? The first game is pretty good, the rhythm based combat didn't bother me as much as it did many others.
>>
Literally oscilloscope graphics.
>>
>>339871928

hold on, i love the witcher but

>batman detective
>witcher

you hold down the witcher sense button / key and interact with the glowing red bits. i wish contracts could have been more open ended, and thrown in some more morally grey shit, like that werewolf hunter that accidentally ate his wife because of her sister. not all the time sure, it would get dull
>>
>>339872229
skip 1, watch the cutscene in TW2 main menu that fills you in on what's happened.

1's combat and gameplay is so bad I'm not surprised people get switched off the series.
>>
File: 2.jpg (471 KB, 1162x1600) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
471 KB, 1162x1600
>>339871928

it's a interesting phenomenon, since games like gothic 2 are so loved and praised you would think that this would too get some recognition, the quest are great the world is big, lot's variety and choices that matter more than many other rpgs, also waifubaits

>muh combat

well yeah no shit, most rpgs if not 99% of them have just the same if not much shittier combat, retarded roundbased grindfest like every jrpg (chrono nigger, final fantasy 7.8.9.10) or wrpg are nut much better in that regarded the combat in gothic 1 and 2 are fucking dogshit, armors weapons rarely matter besides the statspoint but that's ok since muh nostalgia or obscurity

I played a fuckton of rpgs and this is personally everything I wanted from gothic 3, fuck your underage asses
>>
Is it just me or does the graphics in B&W look really bad?

People and textures look alright but stuff like the ground, the landscape and the foliage look like xbox 360 hooked up to a tv off craigslist it looks awful

Everything is on ultra.
>>
>>339871928
>if you dislike the game I like you must like the games I hate!
oh you
>>
This game is for larpers and combat is dogshit
>>
Has /v/ always hated the Witcher series or is this a recent thing
>>
Awful fucking gameplay. The Uncharted of RPGs.
>>
File: 211.gif (67 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
211.gif
67 KB, 300x100
I don't hate the game, I think it's pretty good. I just don't get down on my knees and suck its dick like everybody else here

>Amazing sidequests
Very well written? Yeah. Gameplay wise? Atrocious. I can only Witcher Sense find Red and attack some dudes fucking with an elf/some lady so many times before it gets boring.

>Monster slaying contracts is like being a medieval Batman detective
It's more like a lot more monotonous. Only semi-interesting one was the one with the werewolf in Velen who didn't want to kill anybody, but that girl who was batshit got him to kill his wife. Otherwise it's walk around in the woods holding down Witcher Senses, then either putting some oils down or going into a cave to fight one of five monsters. I guess it captures the monotony that a regular Witcher would face hunting monsters for coin?

>Really likable main character and side characters, and a really good story
Characters yeah, and the story for the first part is decent, but the overarching "Save the world" main plot I didn't actually care all that much about, and feels like it was added only to make things seem more dire.

>Really long main quest that takes a long ass time to complete and never feels boring
It's a decent collection of quests (with writing and performing in the play being a highlight), but walking through some shitty cave trying to find Ciri's elven friend? Trying to find Dandelion through a series of boring walks through the sewer? Not really amazing there.

>Good DLCs
Yeah

Everything involving the story and characters is fantastic, but the gameplay is shallow and not all that fun. Most quests are comprised of Witcher Sensing a Red object and then either mashing Light Attack through low level mobs and baiting out a parry from enemies around your level. The combat and quest design gets boring around thirty hours in when the game is much longer than that.
>>
>>339871928
>Hold witcher sense and complete side quest
Activate witcher sense and follow trail to kill monster

Fuck off with your shitty unfun normie game.
>Batman archetype main character
>Okay-ish story, poorly written.
>It does feel boring after 3 hours
>Okay graphics
>Didn't play the DLC because the game is shit
>Polish zombies goblins and orcs are still zombies, goblins and orcs
>Appeal to poularity
>>
File: 1456348238518.jpg (39 KB, 636x651) Image search: [Google]
1456348238518.jpg
39 KB, 636x651
>>339874216
>gameplay is atrocious

this is the problem with /v/. everything with flaws is "atrocious"

look, the witcher 3 suffers from some monotony and samey-samey. it's a 100+ hour game. it's a flaw

but the gameplay is not "atrocious" and the combat is not "unplayable shit." there's a lot to like about the combat. Different fights between different mobs play out very differently, unlike most other games (soulsborne). For instance, even with the same build, you need to use entirely different tactics vs. a bunch of bandits, a bear, a couple wraiths, or one of the bigger bosses.

The combat encourages you to use a lot of different tools in your toolkit. It punishes you severely for missteps in timing or rhythm, but rewards you for avoiding those missteps. On higher difficulties, you need to take a very deliberate approach to masses of mobs. It's rewarding.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. But it's not "shit"
>>
only shitposters, hipsters and frombabbies who can't admit that both From and Witcher games are fantastic.

It's a great game and sets a high bar for quality and love put into a game that all devs should strive for
>>
>>339874805
Mediocre combat for 10 to 20 hours is mediocre. If the rest of the game is good that's fine. This game can go on for well over a hundred hours. At over a hundred hours of mediocre combat it switches over to atrocious.

I can only deal with mediocre combat for so long before it starts to grate too much on my patience.
>>
>>339875107
How did you get on daddy's computer?
>>
I like it. I understand the complaints about the combat, but that is not what I look for in these kinds of games, I'm happy with serviceable combat as long as the rest of the RPG package is good.
>>
>>339875327
See how easy it is OP?
>>
>>339871928
Controls are as wonky and loose as your moms pussy before prom night.

I never uninstalled a game so fucking fast before. Dodged a bullet that I was only borrowing it.
>>
>>339871928
Game cant be good if gameplay is shit... go watch a movie or read a book...
>>
PRESS WITCHER SENSE TO BEAT QUEST
>>
>>339874805

every single fight is quickstep and slap.
>>
>>339871928
The newest patch adds an upscaling option for enemies. You can turn it on and off if you like. It makes enemies your lvl or two lvls higher. Really great addition I might say.
>>
>>339873835
Very recent. /v/ used to suck Witcher cock like a slut being paid with a winning lottery ticket. Now that it's a good enough game to actually be praised, angry anons have a reason to say otherwise.
>>
>>339871928
Its a game made for 14 year olds
>edgy violence
>stoic emotionless MC
>bare titties everywhere
>fart and poop jokes all over the place
>>
>>339871928
>Do you all just hate it because it's really good and not some weeaboo shit that can't satisfy your dumb pedo fantasies?

Was a great post until this. I lol'd but man that's savage
>>
>>339875871
I always hated the franchise for its shitty combat though... im not autist enough to create threads about a game I dont like but if someone make one asking why its a shitty game its not hard to answer...
>>
>>339875934
I hate you
>>
>>339875934
then there is no reason for /v/ to hate it
>>
>>339876092
That's what I mean, there was never a reason for this before because there's no fun in tearing down a dinky bootstraps slavshit game. Now that it's triple A and popular as fuck, people don't think it deserves the praise it gets and need to take it down a peg or two.

This has happened with pretty much every damn game series that has ever gotten mainstream popular on /v/. The illusion of hatred is prevalent because we're a board of the pessimists that rate games 0 to 10 based on how we feel about its current mainstream rating by critics and other players.
>>
>>339876206
thanks bb
>>339876260
fair point I suppose.
>>
>>339873503
this, you're literally me

The witcher 3 is the first modern rpg that reminded me of gothic, it's hard to explain why, maybe it's the atmosphere and the comfy and incredibly detailed world made with true passion.

As for the combat I too agree that although it's not great it's still better than most in the genre, if there was a bit more swordplay animation I'd be 100% happy. I fucking guarantee you that the people who bitch about TW3's combat the most are the same people who think dark souls has a perfect combat system
>>
>>339871928
>Do you all just hate it because it's really good and not some weeaboo shit that can't satisfy your dumb pedo fantasies?

all newfag here fucking hate weeaboo m8.
>>
>>339871928
Most people actually like it, it's just a few autistic shitposters that are very vocal. Mostly Biodrones.
>>
Last year and even before Witcher 3 the series was loved by /v/, despite its flawed combat.
Guess the contrarian mindset forces people to hate now that it's successful.
>>
I just finished blood and wine with the bad ending
both cute princesses die and yen didn't come to visit corvo bianco, even though I succsufully romanced her, am at the last mission in the main plot line of TW3 and finished all of the upgrades in the manor. Is this a bug or a consequence on not saving the cuties
also I wanna fuck the cursed bird lady, if you know what I mean
>>
>>339871928
game has too much wind in it for me

I wish I could turn the weather down
>>
The game runs like shit. That's my problem
>>
>>339871928
It is LITERALLY ONE PERSON

All those hate posts?

ONE PERSON
>>
>>339877371
Did you get the guest room at Corvo Bianco? Story mission shouldn't affect anything.
>>
>>339871928
It made the only mistake some /v/irgins can not forgive.
It became popular.
>>
>>339877594
yes, fully upgraded everyting in corvo bianco, guest room included
>>
>>339877648
I think that's a bug, then. I've never heard of the bad ending disrupting that, but then again I haven't played through the bad ending yet.
>>
I bought it yesterday with no experience in the Witcher series. I enjoy it and most importantly it's fun and well made. I never listen to /v/ when it comes to games because they don't like anything.
>>
>>339877748
fuck, my google-fu is either too weak or no other person has been affected by that. Any ideas to unfuck that?
>>
Just started it. Played maybe 4 hours. Not digging it.

For the record, I thought that the first one showed promises but wasn't quite there yet, and was rather disappointed by the second one. that broke as much as t fixed

Too cinematic for me for one. After ten minutes of people talking I just wished everyone would shut up and I could just go back to a game with text only (and given how things are set up, no, passing things here doesn't really work, can miss whole sentences when they've put more than one in a segment).
And so far not digging the open world, though the jury's still out on that one. For a game of such scale, and which makes you lose so much time over its presentation, 4 hours is not really enough to judge I think.

Still... it's beautiful is the nicest I have to say about it so far.
>>
>>339871928
Bad gameplay. Muh cinematic experience and muh GOTY awards are not excuses.
>>
>>339872229
Play 2 and read summaries of the books, and that'll do
>>
>Finally upgrade PC and can play Witcher 3
>Tfw no lag to hide the fact that the gameplay and combat is wonky and poop
>In the trash it goes

Shame.
>>
File: Based sheev.jpg (80 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
Based sheev.jpg
80 KB, 350x526
I don't, it's probably one of my favorite games of this generation alongside Bloodborne.
>>
File: obama-donald-tusk.jpg (124 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
obama-donald-tusk.jpg
124 KB, 1200x900
>>339871928
They hate what is best, because the best is always the easiest target.

It was so good, even the Honorable President Barack Obama praised it officially:

"The last time I was here, Donald [Tusk] gave me a gift, the video game developed here in Poland that's won fans the world over, "The Witcher." I confess, I'm not very good at video games, but I've been told that it is a great example of Poland's place in the new global economy. And it's a tributre to the talents and work ethic of the Polish people as well as the wise stewardship of Polish leaders like prime minister Tusk."
>>
>>339877579
yeah it's Thebull

>>339875934
nice buzzword Thebull

>>339874013
>>339873816
t.Thebull
>>
>>339877927
Even if the gameplay isn't everyones cup of tea, it boggles my mind how people can call it an ugly game. The weather is fucking insane. The first time I was in a storm in W3 was probably one of the most technically impressive moments in a game I've ever seen.

That's the main reason I'm hyped for cyberpunk. If CDPR can do anything well, it's atmosphere.
>>
>>339872679
>>
>>339877943
I'll give you that the cinematic experience is a bit too much, but at least it's ingrained in the world pretty well. And the npc are at responsiveness level I have yet to see in a video game, example
>blood and wine quest where you have to attend the artist party
>AH asks you to wear nice clothing
>depending on wheter you bought tousaint suit, wore the nilfgardian set from the main game or just said fuck it and went armored she responds differently
>if you chose to wear a mask (Foltest one in my playthrough) she tells you that's great but it's not a mask they wear at such party and gives you another one
I mean, it's not much, and scripted as hell, but game responding to my actions and decisions makes it an immersive experience for me
>>
Should i play the first two games before this one?
>>
>Second highest difficulty
>Level 3
>Doing a quest for some guy who'll sell me a counterfeit passport at a discount
>Quest doesn't show a level requirement
>Go to where it tells me
>two level 9 ghouls
>Doing decent damage; effectively dodging
>Fight strays 30 feet from initial location
>Ghouls start healing at a rate almost as fast as I can damage then
>Still agro on me
>Slowly lure them back to where the fight started
>Still healing
>Wait until they max HP again
>Start attacking again
>Fight moves further away again
>They start healing again

Is this what they meant by high level enemies are difficult to fight? The only thing being tested here is my patience. Please tell me it at least gets better, I really want to enjoy this game but it's taking a lot to get into.
>>
>>339878163
based as fuck. why did no one ever tell me this? when your game is endorsed by the 2nd greatest president in US history, then /v/ should have no right to shit talk it desu
>>
>>339878502
Use oils and potions
>>
File: 543223.jpg (15 KB, 635x414) Image search: [Google]
543223.jpg
15 KB, 635x414
>>339878221
>buzzword
The hell are you talking about you fucking crybaby?
>>
>>339878443
>story driven rpg SERIES
>gee, I wonder wheter or not should I start the SERIES at their starting point

books(at least the short stories anthology)
then TW1, TW2, TW3 and the dlcs, in the order they came out
great experience, makes you enjoy the games, the world and all the background characters even more
>>
File: 1448195051501.png (269 KB, 503x595) Image search: [Google]
1448195051501.png
269 KB, 503x595
>>339871928
>>really likeable main character
>>
>>339878443
You don't need to. Since everything is based off of a book saga, those are referenced way more than past games are, so you'll be missing out anyway. It's perfectly enjoyable without any prior experience with the series.
>>
>>339878368
>And the npc are at responsiveness level I have yet to see in a video game, example

Have you played Alpha Protocol? The level of details that can change that way is so insane that most people don't even notice some (like your support NPC having to decode a file for you if you don't have enough points in tech... just so many small stuff on top of the big ones in that game).
>>
>>339871928
I think they're just mad that it beat out Bloodborne for GOTY. Not like BB would have won much of anything anyway, considering everything that came out last year.
>>
>>339871928
jelly soulsfags
>>
>>339878674
What's not to like about Geralt?
>>
File: geralt.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
geralt.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>339878674
I like Geralt, he's a handsome man
>>
>>339878591
>2nd greatest president in US history
>Obama
lol
>>339878607
I've got Necrophage Oil on my Silver and I'm dosing myself with Thunderbolt. They just keep healing. I was wrong earlier, it's not because I'm going too far from where the game wants the fight to happen. They seem to start healing at around 50% HP and it's outpacing my damage. Are there Oils/Potions that make the game design not fucking retarded?
>>
>>339879043
Sounds like a bug, Ghouls are only supposed to heal like 5% per second
>>
>>339878674
let's see
>compassionate professional who just wants to do his job the best he can
>grey morality. but more often then not he acts on the whiter side of it
>chick magnet, his dick for magic users is literally a vibrator
>sweet move set makes you feel powerful
>he earned it tho, through some wonky magic that kills more often than it helps and through murderous training since his earliest years
>has great charisma and despite being a shunned mutant, is able to make some friendhsips that survive the trial of fire
>has a cute adopted daughter
what's not to like?
>>
>>339871928
I haven't played it but don't really care for the series.

Got the first game on sale years ago because of the hype around the Witcher 2 announcement.

Somehow managed to play all the way through it even though I didn't like it much.

Got Witcher 2 shortly after it released. For some reason never even had a desire to install it.

Finally got around to playing it last fall. Got about 4 hours in before I quite due to boredom.

I have no interest in Witcher 3 due to my experience with the first two games.
>>
File: 1366409357560.png (617 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1366409357560.png
617 KB, 1440x810
I'm not really a fan of story driven games and the witcher lays story and conversations on ten layers thick. Not saying stories bad but I like lighter amounts of story than the witcher had.
>>
>Death March
>Auto draw weapon off
>Alternative movement
>Actually using alchemy and doing an alchemy build
I'm sorry for shitting on the combat, but you gotta admit they had to PATCH it to make it good.
>>
File: witcher-3-aerondight-1024x575.jpg (141 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
witcher-3-aerondight-1024x575.jpg
141 KB, 1024x575
who /bestsword/ here>
>>
I don't. I am having an good time with Blood and Wine at the moment.
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 461x493) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35 KB, 461x493
>>339876783

glad to hear someone likeminded, if there is one thing I could recommend you is getting rid of all that ''consolish'' direction they went

pic related some mods I could recommend

especially closer camera when exploring or engaging combat it makes the game much more better and the swordplay more engaging since you have to sometimes rely on what you hear when you are facing multiple enemies
>>
>>339879489
I never played much of 1, because the combat was an instant turnoff, and I thought 2 was just kind of ok. That said, TW3 is one of my favorite games of all time. I almost liken it to a fantasy version of Red Dead Redemption.
>>
File: 1464644998185.png (438 KB, 511x583) Image search: [Google]
1464644998185.png
438 KB, 511x583
I wanna replay it but want to make it still feel fresh, maybe if I read the books before doing another playthrough.
>>
>>339880037
>Lore triss
her red looks nice though
>>
>>339871928
>>amazing sidequests
No
>>monster slaying contracts is like being a medieval batman detective
Not a good thing. Especially when it boils down to press 1,2,3,4 for more info that doesnt help you; or use withcer sense to find objects that dont help you

>>really likeable main character and other characters
Gerald talks in the same damn tone the entire game

The tone he uses to Woo women is the same tone he uses to threated any and every other person

>>for once an actually really long main quest that takes a long ass time to complete and never feels boring

this shit is like 20 hours of looking for ciri involving such great quests as. go through tower holding a light, quest done

>>insane graphics

They are alright
>>
>>339880037

oh and also ''darker nights'', but it still needs to be updated to the newest version

it makes torches more useful and enemies more frightening at night

>>339880183

don't worry it she's still redhaired like a actual redhair but with this it doesn't look that 'fake' anymore like they were dyed
>>
The worse thing about the Witcher 3, is that its just not fun to play
>>
>>339880329
>tfw I like the red dye look

I'd be interested in a ginger triss mod though.
>>
>>339871928
>Why does everyone here hate this game with a passion?
what are you talking about anon
I loved it. It's easily among top 3 games I've played. Had god tier expansions too.
>>
>>339871928
Only ones hating on it are nintendo and FROM fags who can't run this game on their intel atom netbooks.
>>
>>339871928
>lack of any level scaling in an open world game meaning once you hit a certain point you just stop getting any exp or levels making difficulty kind of inconsistent especially late game.
they fixed that with 1.20
you now have the option to upscale enemies
>>
File: 1433634280698.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1433634280698.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
their post CP2077 game has to be sequel to wiedzmin right?

please
>>
>>339881537
Hope not.
Ciri would be a shit protagonist and her story is done.
Witcher world without Geralt is nothing. It loses 90% of its charm.

The games are done. I hope they never make a Witcher 4, it'd just be miliking a dead cow. Just let go.
>>
>>339873503
>Chrono Trigger
>retarded roundbased grindfest
Are all Witcher fans this utterly retarded?
>>
>>339881537
No, they already said that they are done with this series.
>>
>>339881717
>Ciri would be a shit protagonist
I thought she was pretty great in W3. But I agree, I'm not keen on a witcher 4
>>
>>339872596
i cheated my way through so i could get the story and play some of the sidequests.
>>
>>339871928
Only the Sonyggers do, because Bloodborne.
>"Bloodborne is GOAT because it's PS4 exclusive. The Witcher 3 is lame."
>"You don't believe me, then FUCK YOU!"
>"REEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-02-21h39m03s65.png (864 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-02-21h39m03s65.png
864 KB, 1152x720
>>339879592
>maybe I wouldn't have given it up if some shitty Robust Witcher's Silver Sword in Flotsam was better.

Good to see it was a worthwhile endgame weapon. Couldn't rune it up to set people on fire like my usual choice, but stupid-fun to swing about and it looked a lot better than most Grandmaster swords.
>>
File: 1465002892713.jpg (768 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465002892713.jpg
768 KB, 2560x1080
>CDPR put a portrait of the Witcher 3 team at the top of Mount Gourgon, which can only be accessed with the console enabler mod
pretty neat
>>
File: 1451350172408.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1451350172408.gif
3 MB, 200x150
I loved that combat in TW2. How does the combat in TW3 compare?
>>
>>339884514
The rolling isn't painstakingly slow, alchemy isn't as good as TW1 but it's not as awful as TW2, parrying harpies out of the air is pretty cool even if you can't throw your sword at them as a finisher anymore.

I say this as someone who did a trilogy-run as an alchemy-focussed Geralt who lubed himself and his sword up before every fight if possible.
>>
>>339877817
yeah the quest is bugged.

it's a massive shame there are so many quest trigger bugs in B&W.
>>
>>339884313
CDPR is pretty cool
>>
>>339871928
>Everyone here
Why do people say this.
>>
>>339884978
It's funny because consolefags can't access this easter egg since you can't get to the mountain without the mod
>>
>>339884514
I think it's much better than TW2.
Still inferior to Witcher 1 though
>>
>>339884792
Sounds great to me.
>>
I've started playing again for blood and wine and while I enjoy the game overall somewhat (except the MMO tier shit grind farm and sidequests) I had forgotten how fucking trash the combat is.
>>
Everything is great except the combat. For this reason the game gets boring after a few hours.
>>
>>339871928
My main grudge with the game is thta 90% of the armors look like shit. How I wish the best armor in the game would be an upgraded version of one you start with.
>>
>story heavy bullshit
>shit controls
>boring as living shit
That's why.
>>
>>339871928
search catalog witcher 3: 1 thread
no money for marketers this time cdp? :(
>>
>>339885475
I personally can't stand the default starting armour. Much prefer TW2's quilted-jacket look, or even TW1's "Manticore" type jackets.
>>
File: 1460949422646.png (49 KB, 346x341) Image search: [Google]
1460949422646.png
49 KB, 346x341
>>339879592
>mfw I don't even remember getting that sword in witcher 1
>mfw I fucked that goddess
>mfw seeing the fisher king on the bank of the lake
I'm really glad I played through the previous games instead of just going straight to 3.
>>
>>339885475
All the armor is golden nigger, much better than the incredibly high-fantasy shit you'd see in Witcher 2.
>>
Jus watched the sword of destiny trailer

holy shit the downgrade was real.
>>
>>339885902

Not him but a lot of it doesn't fit with geralts fighting style and it ends up clipping everywhere while he fights

Pretty much everything with a cuirass looks out of place, including the griffin school set
>>
>>339885902
what's that armor?

Also I'm replaying the game and just noticed that after you kill the Baron's men in the earlier village, the peasants immediately run home scared of you, and if you knock on the door they'll say unique shit.
Made me feel like a monster desu.
>>
>>339885475
Well during hearts of stone you get armor from school of viper which is almost exactly like your starting armor but has great end game stats. Even good for blood and wine. Just a couple points below the grandmaster sets.
>>
>>339871928
/v/ is full of contrarian teenage hipsters. Fortunately, /v/ isn't "everyone"
>>
>>339871928
I liked it.
>>
>>339886218
>what's that armor?
Manticore. You'll be going everywhere to get all the pieces. Personally love the set though.
>>
>>339886159
Yeah of course a lot of it doesn't fit with his fighting style. Most of it isn't Witcher armor. But the same could be said for majority of Witcher 2 armor which is mainly just BELTS and oversized jackets.
Also Griffin armor is top tier Witcher set.

>>339886218
Manticore from Blood and Wine.
>>
>>339886391

It's also full of drones and shills.
>>
>>339871928
Why people post this everyday? Why other people bother to reply?
>>
>>339885740
Everybody moved on from this flavor of the month shit
>>
File: 1343799546848.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1343799546848.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>339871928
There is a very vocal minority that hate it.
People that actually like it don't go out of their way to say how much they like it, whereas on the opposite end, the minority will make sure EVERYONE knows how much they don't like it.
>>
>>339871928
>everyone

most people love the ever living fuck out of it

ofc that makes the autistic shitposters on 4chan hate the ever living shit out of it
>>
>>339875709
Every single fight in Souls games is dodge and slash.
>>
>>339886784

False and irrelevant to witcher combat being trash
>>
>>339886784
To be fair, I really hate how they completely remove the combat stance/style from the Witcher 1, and the lack of direct control over the type of swing/stab the Geralt could do.
>>
File: annoying-face-meme1[1].jpg (84 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
annoying-face-meme1[1].jpg
84 KB, 500x459
>>339871928
Why does /v/ always try to be contrarian? "Oh, the Witcher is too popular now? Ok, better start hating it even though 2 months ago I couldn't stop talking about how good it is"

Fuck off, faggots
>>
>>339886784
Souls combat is also trash, yet it is being praised here for some reason.
>>
>>339871928
It's ok
>most of the game is revolved around running around the world doing shitty combat for shitty loot
>few of the sidequests are actually good, the witcher contracts that sound awesome on paper are mostly just "use witcher sense and click glowing object"
>character progression system pretty boring and entirely broken
>incredibly easy, even on Death March. Geralt gets really overpowered very fast
I enjoyed it on the begining, but was done with the game by the time I got to Skellige and haven't touched it since. I can see why people like it, but I don't think it is the masterpiece its made out to be.
>>
>>339886956
and the shitty baham soft-lock and how so many shit are automatic or out of your control. Like if you are in combat you can't jump, climb, or even run (except sprinting)
>>
>>339887074

Witcher faggots mad it lost to car soccer in the 2015 bracket
>>
File: 2015.jpg (567 KB, 1769x2048) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
567 KB, 1769x2048
What are you smoking, OP?
/v/ loves the witcher.
It's the runner up for our GOTY
>>
>>339887074
sorry that your "GOTY" is now completely irrelevant
>>
>>339887074
It is pretty childish.
I remember this entire board singing the praises of the second game, calling it an essential RPG and how good the graphics were.
Then 3 comes along, which I think is a better game, it gets very popular and suddenly shitposting comes to an all time high.
>>
>this fucking downgrade from 2013/14 demos and the final product

th-thanks consoleplebs
>>
>>339886913
How is it false?
>>
>>339887074

Why do shills have to shill so hard?
>>
>>339871928

I really enjoyed Witcher 3 when I played it, was one of the first games in awhile where I was really absorbed into it and felt a little empty when I beat the main game and Heart of Stone, playing through Blood and Wine now and enjoying it.
>>
>>339887580
>200 Dark Souls 3 threads a second
Nice, people are actually interested in discussing a great game!
>1 thread about any other game
OMGFAXANF SHIIIIILLLLLLLS MODS MODS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>339885301
>geralt's wolf medallion flinging skyward
is this a euphemism for mutant boners
>>
>>339872229
There are combat mods that remove the rhythm based gameplay
>>
>>339887342
>rocket league GOTY
I really wish I could git gud at rocket league so that it would be fun, but I'm fucking awful at driving controls
>>
>>339887880

Never noticed that detail, has to do with a quest you can do later on, don't wanna spoil anything.
>>
>>339871928
It's mainstream now.
>>
>>339872229
Just read the books and jump in. Watch a movie of 2. It's a tech demo of 3 and absolutely not worth wading through.
>>
>>339887817
>actual rpg manages to stay relevant longer than cinematic walking sim

Who would have guessed
>>
>>339887995

There is always Haxball on your browser if Rocket League is too much.
>>
I enjoyed the witcher 3 at first, but the fanbase annoyed me with their deflections, my hate for the fanbase passed to the game.
>>
>>339888187

Yeah, the gameplay is really boring and the combat is bad, I stayed prrtty much only because of the characters.

Although after the 200th time I had to use godmod vision to highligt the relevant things and click on them I had to force myself to play to get to the ending.
>>
>>339871928
I love game, but I won't pretend it was perfect like a fanboy

There were some flaws, but it was a really high quality game, it excelled in the majority of fields.

Very deserving of a GOTY title.
>>
>>339878502

>Falling for the buying a passport meme
>>
Why did they run heart of stone with the scene where the djinn guy plants a spoon in someone's eye socket? Until that moment it was perfectly ambiguous that the people he fucked with got fucked because of their selfish wishes, and then they have him murder a randkm passerby? Wut? What was the point of doing that?

Bad writing imo, it's like they got cold feet and wanted you to railroad into helping Olgierd, otherwise I can't explain this and the 3 hour long sob story about him not paying attention to his wife
>>
>>339871928
PCucks had the IP exclusively in TW1 and only the 360 got a port, good, but not nearly as close to as visually stunning as on the PC, of TW2.
Once trailers and gameplay videos of TW3 surfaced and subsequent "downgrades" were shown, the cucks were outraged and blamed consoles for the travesty.
Little did they know that thanks to partially Microsoft's efforts to bring TW2 to 360, the console peasants had saved CDPR, who were in dire straights financially.
The new consoles underperformed compared power-wise compared to the promised specs the developers built the game on.
The new engine would crawl to a halt on both new consoles.
After much consideration, they scrapped the superior engine in lieu of a more flexible one.
The downside was what caused such ire in the PCucks-downgraded graphics, worse lightning, somewhat unoptimized. It was a mess.
This is why they're so damn angry and a small portion of them just can't play the game without resorting to infantile rage over what could have been.
That's about the gist of it.
>>
get your head out of your ass anon, shit flinging faggots that fucking hate everything join every thread to start shit infested this board. there's likely a fanbase for just about every fucking game on this board.
>>
>>339889650

This anon doesn't sleep at night trying to come up with reasons why people might be shitting on his overlords
>>
File: 20160602163610_1.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160602163610_1.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>339871928
Funny how the game looks absolutely breathtaking in motion, but only decent in screenshots.
Riding through the wilderness while the music plays in the backgroud made me tear up more than once. Does anyone know the music that plays in the first area after the tutorial? I couldn't find that track on youtube
>>
>>339891187
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4tYZHNUY8
>>
>>339891439
I really rate the soundtrack in this game...
>>
File: ecioN.png (76 KB, 235x225) Image search: [Google]
ecioN.png
76 KB, 235x225
>>339891439
Thats the one, thank you anon
>>
File: 1357717797346.png (37 KB, 188x229) Image search: [Google]
1357717797346.png
37 KB, 188x229
Witcher games are just as shallow and shitty as Mass Effect games.

You don't care about gameplay. The combat is garbage and the quests are trash. Witcherfags are such pathetic hypocrits, the assassin creed witcher vision is just as bad as a quest marker in Skyrim. You never figure out anything for yourself, just follow a red glow.
>>
>>339891545
>rate the soundtrack
rate it a what, anon

>>339891647
You sound incredibly salty anon
>>
File: ap.jpg (34 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
ap.jpg
34 KB, 400x350
>>339891647
>>
>>339886956
Eh, that worked for the type of RPG witcher 1 was but with 3 it would just be another layer of faff. The combat in 1 was low input, so any further interactivity was good. In 3, combat is fully player controlled and surplus complexity isn't necessarily going to be fun.
>>
>>339891647
>i know, I'll throw out an unfavorable comparison without backing it up
>that'll show those shills
>>
>casual retards can't fathom why people who actually like video games dislike a bad casual game
>>
>>339891647
You forgot the
>READ A BOOK NIGGA XD
>>
>>339892107
>you're a c-casual
Lets hear those video game achievements faggot.
>>
>>339891187

The thing that I dislike about the soundtrack is that it PLAYS THE SAME FUCKING SONG IN EVERY FUCKING BATTLE.

Oh, you're going along on your horse and run into some wolves for two seconds? LA LA LA LA LA LA HAAAAAOOOOO

Oh you've just been ambushed by Bandits in Novigrad? LA LAI LAI LAI LAAAII

Oh you've hit someone in the fa- LA LAI LAI LIAAAAAA
>>
>>339892191
>>339891796
>>339891726
>oh fuck he's right I'll just post butthurt memes
Whatever
>>
>>339892232
It doesn't though. Different areas have their different themes from what I remember. The swamp battle theme is different to Velen's is different to Novigrad's
>>
File: 1462831500925.jpg (11 KB, 505x479) Image search: [Google]
1462831500925.jpg
11 KB, 505x479
>>339892232

But that's wrong.
>>
>>339892325
>he's right
>he didn't actually make an argument
And your favorite game=Your least favorite game, fag.
>>
File: mom.jpg (31 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
mom.jpg
31 KB, 225x350
>>339892325
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take you so lightly. Do you want to talk about it, Anon?
>>
>>339891647

The combat wasn't perfect by any means, but I still enjoyed it overall, my only real gripe is that the combat never really evolved. The witcher quests were fairly formulaic, but I liked their style even if they did overuse the detective vision, many of the other side quests I found to be pretty damn enjoyable and actually threw some choices I had to think on here and there. The game's definitely not perfect, but I found it a really great experience overall and it made me feel a bit like a Witcher.
>>
>>339871928
>Only bad thing I can think of is the combat looks cool but plays really poor and the lack of any level scaling in an open world game meaning once you hit a certain point you just stop getting any exp or levels making difficulty kind of inconsistent especially late game.
So you know, the two things that relate to gameplay suck.

Dragons Dogma on the other hand is a game that fails almost completely on every level when compared to Witcher 2 and 3. Shittier world, shittier story, shittier setting (until post-game at least) shitty main quest, shitty characters, shitty acting.
But it had the same level of monster design and better combat, and that is the most important thing.
>>
>>339892613
>it's shit but I like it
I don't care and I didn't ask you. I already know people who like this game are donkeys who like following carrots. Don't reply to me or my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>339892765
DD's combat really isn't that great. I'd rate it under TW, even if it is a really fun game. Best mage combat I've ever seen though.
>>
>>339872229
i had the same autistic compulsion. once you get past the fields and into the city it gets better. the amount of running around/lack of fast travel is frustrating AF though.
i'm actually struggling more with completing the witcher 2 lul
>>
>>339892851
>it's not perfect
>it's shit
>>
>>339871928

Piss off with your blanket statements. "Everyone" my ass. There are loads, even on drole old /v/ that love Wild Cunt.
>>
>>339892851

When did I ever say it was shit, I said it had some issues here and there, but what game doesn't?
>>
File: 1412735611437.jpg (15 KB, 259x298) Image search: [Google]
1412735611437.jpg
15 KB, 259x298
>>339892923
>DD's combat really isn't that great
>Best mage combat I've ever seen though.
>>
>>339871928
Shit combat, it was fun for an hour but gets old quick. Almost as retarded as dark souls, only mildly less challenging.
Environments are repetitive and somewhat lacking in flair, barring major towns/establishments.
>>
>>339893025
I struggle to replay W1 but aside from a grind to 100% the game W2 is a breeze to replay.
>>
>>339892923
DD combat seems bad because the world design and monster variety is so stale at times, especially in vanilla, that it never really gets to show itself off. I love the game but it's flawed as shit. It's why everyone wants a DD2, not because 1 was so good, but because they know how much better it can be without any major changes to the combat system. It's definitely at the very least, better than any witcher game.
Really, the only game I'd consider top notch combat in a fantasy "rpg" would be the nioh demo. Soulsborne would be up there if there weren't ways to completely break the balance in every single game and turn everything effortless.
>>
>>339893215
One great aspect doesn't mean the rest of the combat is wonderful. The fighter-type melee characters are an absolute bore to play and the bow aspect of rangers isn't great either.
The game's combat only shines for mages and assassins/striders. My current build I have to get through some heavy ranger time to properly set up the damage and shit is just no fun
>Aim
>fire
>dagger them like mad if they get too close
>>
>>339893304
The combat is definitely more complex and fun than W2 or 3, but I don't think the rest of the game shines enough to be placed above W3

And I really love the game, even the weird ass leveling system.
>>
>>339871928
Its popular and this board is dominated by Nintendo fanboys, who cannot have the game on their console.
>>
>>339893564
Alternatively
>tenfold arrow
>tenfold arrow
>you don't need to use any attack but tenfold arrow
>>
The combat is functional at the very worst and I don't know what's so bad about needing to follow trails to kill a monster when most other RPGs will just have you go straight to the cave and kill it.
>>
Because if the combat and gameplay weren't worse than Batman it would be 10/10 but instead it's just a 7.
>>
>>339893304
DD's combat doesn't really just seem bad to me, it just plain is bad. I don't see anything good about it. Abilities are stylish, yeah. In the end though it very easily turns into a spam fest because the heavy attacks are garbage, the number of abilities you can really use in a situation tends to be limited, and the abilities are horribly balanced.
>>
>>339893682
That's what I was originally saying man, in terms of everything else but combat DD gets shit on by like every other game, including the witcher series.
>>339893564
I mean if you want to simplify it like that then yes that is how archery works, you aim at something and shoot. Yellow classes are definitely OP but that doesn't mean they aren't absolute fun. I don't know how you can't have fun with leaping stone + skull splitter combo. Even fighter can be fun sometimes. The only absolutely no-fun class is mage, which ironically is a magick class.
>>
>>339894118
>mage
>implying Warrior is fun
I mean sure ther4e are those wonderful moments when your AoD connects perfectly and everything explodes into gore, but in between those moments is jump attack spam.
>>
File: 20160603231120_1.jpg (679 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160603231120_1.jpg
679 KB, 1920x1080
>>339871928

I love the game. I love the universe, I love the characters and the story. The visuals are amazing and the setting is gorgeous.

The combat leaves something to be desired, it's true. and there's probably dozens of little issues you can find if you look, but I still love this shit to bits.
>>
>>339894302
exodus slash combos and heavy jumping attacks, and just heavy attacks in general are also fun as shit, not to mention stacking barbed nails or whatever it is and staggering 4 eliminators at once.
The problem is that it's the opposite spectrum of ranged/yellow classes, it's the hardest class to play so the abilities aren't necessarily not fun to use, it's just the damage values don't add up and it becomes a bit of a grind. That and 3 abilities, which admittedly is gay as all fuck. I wish they addressed warrior with the PC port and fixed some of his damage values.
>>
>>339894609
As someone who originallt wanted to make a warrior guts, I just can't stand how slow everything warrior does is.
>>
>shitty combat
>combat looks stale too
>Gary Stu protag, hardly any flaws or development in his character
>hardly any sense of urgency because of overabundance of side-quests and large open-world
>>
>>339871928
A) it's popular now and had a very core fanbase before it blew so shitposters will say anything to get people mad
B) there are retards who just jumped in due to hype and marketing alone and expected something completely different then complain the game is bad because they want DMC tier combat when that's not the focus of the game
C) there are retards who just spout vitriol based on other people shitposting and think that's what the essence of /v/ is. i.e. the majority of people after late 2011
>>
>>339895503
That's kind of the point of the warrior though. Personally I always felt that fighter never had enough movement options, but that's probably because I never liked using shields.
Again, warrior is about staggering niggas, especially while your squishy pawns in the back cast world-ending spells. I do wish he did some more damage though.
>>
>>339895646
You don't know what a gary stu is.
You are right about the lack of urgency thing though.
>>
I'm gonna play W3 for the first time in a few. Is there anything I should know about going in? I know the general backstory and such already.
>>
>>339895997
Nope
>>
>>339895997
Dive in and have fun
>>
>>339895997
play 1 and 2 first.
>>
>>339894394
What's so bad about the combat? Seriously I don't get this shit at all. What are people's point of reference?
>>
>>339896875
don't fall for this shit
>>
the thing i hate about the witcher 3 is that I can't bring myself to finish the piece of shit game before it, and my autism won't let me play the witcher 3 until I finish the witcher 2.
>>
Besides the downgrade in graphics and the terrible main quest, it's arguably one of the greatest RPGs of all time. The dialogue, options, branches for each quest, and progression is some of the best I've ever seen.

I haven't played the DLC yet, even though I own it. What does everyone say about the DLC?

Say what you want about the combat. It might be true, but it doesn't take away from the game that much when you see how much love was put into it.
>>
>>339897104
the only thing to fall for is listening to pleb tastes like yours
>>
>>339897916
What does taste have to do with anything? I like Witcher 2, but you faggots seriously need to stop beating everyone interested in the third one over the head with this bizarre rhetoric where you have to play the first two first.
>>
>>339898001
>posts on a board dedicated to video games
>surprised when others actually care about them
for a series that has a strong and connected story, playing them in release order is standard protocol for getting the best experience out of the games.
you hear the same thing in MGS threads and there are retards that try to say playing it out of order is just as fine, and it's really not.
>>
>>339897803
Which DLC?

Hearts of Stone is incredible, the writing and characters are some of the best in the series but it is quite short and doesn't add anything substantial.

Blood and Wine is pretty average for the main story, Regis is the saving grace there but it does add a massive new area with some really damn good side quests and new monsters to hunt.
>>
>>339897803
Hearts of Stone is overrated and Blood & Wine is great if you know the books and its characters.
>>
>>339897803
I haven't heard of a single person who disliked Hearts of Stone.
I think Blood and Wine is leagues better (which is saying a lot to be honest because I was in love with HoS), but majority of people will disagree with me.
>>
>>339896875

No, playing the first one almost turned me off the series entirely, I may go back for 2 though later on
>>
>>339897025

For me it's just not aesthetically pleasing enough. The strikes get really repetitive quickly. I think creating some styles and being able to mix them in to create combos would have been a lot cooler.
>>

Because Witcher fans are more obnoxious than even the Overwatch fans of present, because they will constantly shill the game, insult every other franchise and genre that exists in order to fellate this franchise even harder, and immediately maximize their victim complexes the second anybody responds. This OP alone symbolizes everything most people loathe the Witcher fanbase for. It only makes sense that people would seek out flaws, and that they would be consistent.

I personally do not like or dislike these games, as all I've played is a small bit of 2, and even then, not enough to get a proper grasp on things. However, I hate Witcher faggots more than any other fanbase on /v/ and the second I see them outside of /v/, that hatred amplifies.
>>
>>339880037

I'd use Lore Triss but it conflicted with an HQ faces mod which was incompatible. Same reason I couldn't use Lore Ciri to remove her runny mascara.

i liked using the DLC hairstyle + basic outfit + mod that makes that outfit's colors more natural. DLC dress was good to use the mod to enable it during the masquerade quest, but who goes tromping through sewers in a fancy gown? Not muh Triss!
>>
>>339900852
how can someone be so angry that other people enjoy videogames?
>>
>>339895738
What flaw does Geralt have that actually has any relevance whatsoever?
>OH HE'S A WITCHER! THAT MEANS HE'S A MUTANT THAT'S HATED BY THE PUBLIC!
The only time this ever, EVER impacts him negatively, is in the form of bigoted peasants, retarded nobles who aren't meant to be taken seriously in the first place, and to provide random jeering from idiots, who, again, do not matter.

In exactly what regard is he not a gary stu?
>Fiercely handsome and charismatic
>Cunning, intelligent, and wise
>Quick on his toes, his agility is legitimately beyond a human's means to follow
>Powerful enough to battle enormous beasts by himself, constantly, and without fatigue
>Imbued with magic that can render him literally impervious to damage
>Is lusted after by almost every relevant female character in all three games
>Any and everybody he personally can make use of or seems even mildly interesting in any game will adore him and his exploits like the superhero he is

>LMAO YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE GAMES
Refute any of these.
>>
>amazing sidequests
fetch quests, batman detective vision, and repetitive boss fights exclusively
>monster slaying contracts is like being a medieval batman detective
which is why it's bad
>really likeable main character and other characters
i'll give you that
>really good story (up until the final act but the ending(s) are good
story is passable
>for once an actually really long main quest that takes a long ass time to complete and never feels boring
it felt boring before the third map
>insane graphics
every game that came after looked better
>two really really great DLCs that were more than worth the price and are even better than the main game
>east eurpean/slavic mythology setting far more interesting than generic zombies/goblins/orcs
it's hard to fuck up european folklore
>unsurprisingly won a whole bunch of GOTY awards
most of the budget was spent on those awards, because the gameplay is horrible and the game is buggier than skyrim
>>
>>339901612
which does nothing to fix the ass gameplay, unfortunately.
>>
>>339901381
>Fiercely handsome and charismatic
True, but this is a good thing. In the books Geralt was literally retarded.
>Cunning, intelligent, and wise
In respect to monsters, curses, and anything to do with his trade yeah. He's not really portrayed as a genius though and I'd argue that his intelligence doesn't necessarily point to wisdom.
>Quick on his toes, his agility is legitimately beyond a human's means to follow
Much more a book thing, but his agility even seems to flip flop in the books because Crapkowski is a hack.
>Powerful enough to battle enormous beasts by himself, constantly, and without fatigue
By himself, yes. Without fatigue? No, he gets his ass kicked plenty and some fights have worn him down. The first Witcher short story I read involved Geralt getting his ass handed to him by a Bruxa.
>Imbued with magic that can render him literally impervious to damage
You're exaggerating the power of his magic, what he can do is referred to as being child's play plenty of time by other mages.
>Is lusted after by almost every relevant female character in all three games
Definitely not true, but I won't argue that Geralt isn't a chick magnet. To be honest though, you'd have to be gay if you don't want to get pounded by a guy who is older, muscular, has amazing stamina in bed, and won't pass on diseases.
>Any and everybody he personally can make use of or seems even mildly interesting in any game will adore him and his exploits like the superhero he is
I don't understand what this means to be honest
>>
>>339875934
How is the violence edgy?
>>
>>339902519
watch the scene of Gaunter O'Dimm shoving a spoon in the guy's eye and tell me it's not edgy.
>>
File: 20160527213843_1.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527213843_1.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>339872370
>shitty combat
Name one game that does it better and can you give reasons as to why you think its shit?
>>
File: Just kill me now.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
Just kill me now.png
108 KB, 400x381
There are hive-minded contrarian faggots in this thread RIGHT NOW that are shitting on the greatest action RPG of all time. Let that sink in.

This is an all-time new low for /v/
>>
>>339900030
should just stop there then. it's not a series for you.
>>
File: ihavebeenhad!.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ihavebeenhad!.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>339902946
The only other game that comes close is morrowind for me. Gwent has to be one of the best minigames I have ever played, I just wish there were even more quest for rarer cards.
>>
>>339872229
each installment's gameplay is atrocious, just in completey new and different ways. really innovative the way they made me long for the shitty rhythm game of tw1 when i was playing two, and made me long for the floaty pirouetting of two once i hit the rollfest of 3
>>
>>339873503
>I played a fuckton of rpgs and this is personally everything I wanted from gothic 3, fuck your underage asses

even unpatched gothic 3 had vastly superior combat to the witcher 3
>>
>>339878221
gangstalking
>>
File: 1465015823795.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465015823795.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
>>339897803
Blood and Wine is hilarious
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.