[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ btfo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-13-26-57.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-13-26-57.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
I thought this was the next Tortanic /v/? I thought it was going to flop and you were all going to laugh?
>>
you seem to be mistaken
battleborn is the one everybody laughed at and expected to fail

literally nobody thought overwatch would not sell well
nobody
>>
>>339855924
Blizzard built a large fan base that will buy any of their games to at least try.
>>
I think Overwatch is a pretty cool guy. eh scams people and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
I could see it being another Diablo 3. Sold very well at release but no one was playing after the first couple months when everyone realize how shallow it is
>>
>>339855924
>I thought this was the next Tortanic /v/?
That's because you're retarded.
>>
>>339856414
This.

We were all aware of OVerwatch's normie appeal.
>>
>>339856414
no. It was called overmeme, memewatch, and was to be forgotten in a matter of a week or two.
>>
>>339855924
I don't fucking care, not interested in MOBA #19493931 Blizzard
>>
>>339856569
nah. its got the perfect formula to keep people hooked. TF2 and MOBAs are still some of the most played online games and Overwatches combines both. this game will print mountains of money and probably never die if TF2 and MOBAs are any indication.
>>
>>339855924
its the new CoD

but at least /v/ has been better over the last few days
>>
>>339856569

What about the part where they fixed everything about Diablo 3 and made it an amazing game.
>>
>>339855924

It wasn't a commercial failure, just failed at being an actual good game. Really boring and unoriginal. Then again that seems to be Blizzards motto lately. All of their latest hits have just been aping off the success of better or at least more original games.

I enjoyed Overwatch for a couple hours but it got stale really quickly. HotS didn't even stand up to that much scrutiny. HS is just babby's first card game but at least it's a mobile app time waster so it has SOME value.
>>
File: 6dFfXGS.jpg (39 KB, 514x561) Image search: [Google]
6dFfXGS.jpg
39 KB, 514x561
>>339855924
To be fair, I never said that it will sell poorly. Just that it's an incredibly shallow shooter than somehow manages to be more casual than even COD.

In that respect I was correct
>>
File: 1432702927895.gif (2 MB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
1432702927895.gif
2 MB, 375x300
>>339856696
>MOBA
>>
>>339856842
I agree Diablo 3 is a better game now but did they manage to pull back even half the people that bought DIablo 3 at release?
>>
>>339856645
You are aware memes are popular right? That is what defines the success of a meme, how viral it goes.

Calling it overmeme and memewatch implys it would sell massively.

You seem to lack a basic understanding of things.
>>
>>339856718
Unless they are frequent with updates people are going to get bored fast. TF2 had custom servers and user created content. I dont care for MOBAS but I can admit that they are have more depth than anything in Overwatch and they are also way more competitive which keeps people playing.
>>
>>339856414
>>339856573
>>339856587
>w-we were only shitposting
>>
>>339856981
That's how uninterested I am
>>
Honestly, I don't know how anyone thought this was going to flop. TORtanic was obviously a shitty, poorly executed mess of a game. Their promotional material was full of fuck-ups and dumb bullshit like "payment in kisses". On top of that, it was made by some random studio EA bought up and named "BioWare Texas" or whatever. It was B-team all the way through.
This game was coming from Blizzard, not "Blizzard South Bumfuck", was well marketed, and had two betas showing it had competently executed gameplay. I don't know how anyone looked at the open beta and said "oh yeah, this is going to be a trainwreck". The day one server issues weren't even bad, it was due to high volume of players, not Blizzard fucking shit up and releasing a broken game.
Seriously, this board gets stupider and stupider as the years go by. Bunch of stupid memesters.
>>
>>339857831
But, let's be real, did ANYONE think it'd flop? It's been spammed to death on 4chins and let's not forget how absurdly marketed this shit's been. Regardless, not my kind of game whatsoever,

What does TOR stand for, The Old Republic?
>>
>>339855924
> an online only multiplayer shooter with practically one mode sold 7 mil next to full price

How did blizzard fucking do it?
>>
>>339858606
Casual audience, mass marketing with Pixar-tier children's animation
>>
File: 1464928470696.jpg (162 KB, 1002x1536) Image search: [Google]
1464928470696.jpg
162 KB, 1002x1536
>>339855924
Do you guys think people gave Battleborn a fair chance, before dropping it?

Or did everyone just simply ignored it.
>>
>>339856414
you weren't here when it was announced then.
>>
>>339858712
Let me ask you this.

Which game advertised its sexy females in trailers before release?
>>
>>339857050

I'm not sure how successful they were, but what I can take from it is that blizzard sticks with and supports there games. Even a game like Diablo 3, where people were very unhappy with the product at first.
>>
>>339857624
If, whenever someone claims to have undisputable proof of a game being shit, it were automatically the average opinion of it on /v/ we would not discuss any games, because we would all be absolutely not playing any.

People were praising it more than shitting on it, if you were a neutral observer without an agenda in this you might have seen this, but you obviously hold your opinions in higher esteem than what is plain to see, if you have eyes to watch.
>>
>>339858712
Battleborn is a clusterfuck, both visually and gameplay wise. Most of the people playing it don't understand half the game modes in it. The game was advertised banking on memes and le fahnny Borderlands wacky humor, on top of trying to directly challenge Blizzard for whatever fucking reason.

The game failed not because people refused to give it a chance, but rather because it never actually gave itself a chance.
>>
File: 1464423100360.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464423100360.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>339858808
Not a girl but pic related is why I bought it.
>>
>>339859439
You faggots literally screamed and cried you weren't in the closed beta, claiming it will cause the game to do poorly.

When open beta started there were multiple threads stating how the game is boring and casual trash, which will cause the game to do poorly.

Just last week there were threads about how Blizzard won't release the sales numbers anytime soon because it did poorly.

No, I don't have an agenda here, I'm just laughing in your faces about being so wrong.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.